Nomad in pvp

Nomad in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

Viirus c´mon it is not hard to understand, they cant simple add an item to the game, because classes are to broken with those items….

Anet dont balance classes, they change one meta to a more flavourable meta to avoid staleness on the game play, to add sturdy spec they would have to balance most of the classes using those stats and that is one thing that Anet avoids to.

Dont get me wrong i do play bunker, but on this game it is to much broken from what a bunker should be in gw2…. it becames to strong or to weak deppending on the class.

Actually it is pretty easy to understand. Remember in S2 when it was just necro, necro, necro, necro, someotherclass on teams? It’s because if something is made to be so much stronger than everything else (mercenary + boon corrupt + chill damage) it will be all you see just like when all we saw was mesmer, mesmer, mesmer, revenant, scrapper in S1. It won’t be diverse unless you fix the stat availability to allow for diversity. Minstrel was the nomad of spvp and it did nothing to help make the game play fun. I mean why play anything but a druid with all the heals and tankiness while your bristleback does all the damage for you? If there was a nomad amulet or minstrel still remained it would be druid or bust and you’d be qqing about how pets are too OP in pvp. In other words kids, sit down and listen to the grown ups who have lived through a few metas and know what they are talking about.

Nomad in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: virus.4370

virus.4370

The dude is a joker, the fact he’s using Nomad’s in PVE should have been enough to close this thread already, probably never learned how to play the game in PVE as well, if you need anything else other than zerk/viper in order to survive in PVE you seriously need to l2p.

lol hey look it’s a play my way..or you are wrong..player..i’m not telling you how to play your game..why can’t you respect the way i play mine..i think you are just trolling..and zerk is a waste of my time..i like being a bunker..you like playing zerker..so you loved to get rez-ed a lot..that’s cool.. why do you have to come in and knock other players playing styles..i don’t go around looking for zerker threads, and go in and say “you all suck for playing zerk/viper ..bunker is the only way to play”..because that would mean i didn’t respect my fellow players and i would just be a troll. which is not cool dude.

No one respects how you play because it lead to a few weeks of /sit on point when Minstrels was allowed. Your playstyle is allowed, clerics and menders are over there in the build menu. Deal with it. The health of the game mode is more important than your desire for full bunker stats.

so you are proving me right..attack build players like the game stacked in their favor..and attack my post because they fear losing that one-sided advantage. what you call health of the game mode is " zerkers and condition spikers holding an unfair advantage over other builds"..because they can’t handle a long battle.

You keep acting like there’s this divide between bunkers and everyone else. There isn’t. Your amulets are right there. Clerics and menders. They allow you to support, heal, moderately attack and reasonably bunker. What they don’t allow you to do is ruin PvP for everyone else by /sitting on a point and causing games to end by hitting the timer with final scores of 80 to 40.

having the timer run out is a good match..that means it was an even battle and people had to work for victory.. and there is a divide when attack and condition players get to keep their stats the same and def player lose 1/2 + their life, 1/2+ their def, 1/2 + healing..and lose power..that is a divide..in most games that’s called a handicap.

Nomad in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Virus, don’t you see how everyone here is saying the same thing and instead of listening you just repeat the same nonsense?

Let me try to be very clear. In the current state of the game bunkers are NOT at a disadvantage. Bunkers are still extremely powerful. Support elementalist is arguable the most essential build of the game currently, used by every single pro league team (if I remember well). And this is despite their very low HP making it susceptible to burst. Druid is also a very popular build.

With highly defensive amulets like minstrel or nomad, the advantage of those builds just go through the roof, and you would have 2 or 3 full damage players absolutely unable to take down one bunker within a reasonable amount of time. The games would be like in season 1: put one bunker on each node and wait. We had many games with 0 – 0 (yes strict 0 points) for 7 or 8 minutes. This is insanely boring to play and watch.

The problem is that defensive builds do have an advantage in conquest AND the sustain traits and skills have been blown up to insane levels. All of this gives and UNFAIR ADVANTAGE TO DEFENSIVE BUILDS. So the amulet choice is meant to reduce this advantage and get a more even play field between offense and defense.

Finally I would like to add: which class are you trying to play as nomad? Because you can be efficient bunkers in PvP, and if you do not manage to survive and support efficiently, it is probably because you are “carried” by your stats in other game modes and you simply have to improve. But do not expect to survive 3v1 indefinitely, this can already sort of happen, and this is very unhealthy for the game.

From a person who likes to play support.

Nomad in pvp

in PvP

virus.4370

Viirus c´mon it is not hard to understand, they cant simple add an item to the game, because classes are to broken with those items….

Anet dont balance classes, they change one meta to a more flavourable meta to avoid staleness on the game play, to add sturdy spec they would have to balance most of the classes using those stats and that is one thing that Anet avoids to.

Dont get me wrong i do play bunker, but on this game it is to much broken from what a bunker should be in gw2…. it becames to strong or to weak deppending on the class.

Actually it is pretty easy to understand. Remember in S2 when it was just necro, necro, necro, necro, someotherclass on teams? It’s because if something is made to be so much stronger than everything else (mercenary + boon corrupt + chill damage) it will be all you see just like when all we saw was mesmer, mesmer, mesmer, revenant, scrapper in S1. It won’t be diverse unless you fix the stat availability to allow for diversity. Minstrel was the nomad of spvp and it did nothing to help make the game play fun. I mean why play anything but a druid with all the heals and tankiness while your bristleback does all the damage for you? If there was a nomad amulet or minstrel still remained it would be druid or bust and you’d be qqing about how pets are too OP in pvp. In other words kids, sit down and listen to the grown ups who have lived through a few metas and know what they are talking about.

i use to love fighting the druid when it was a bunker..when and if i killed it i felt like i had done a good job playing in the match..to me pvp isn’t always about winning the match ..most the time it’s about the fight..i can have a good fight and lose the battle and still have fun..and people are always complaining things are to op..they did in gws 1 and they do in all games…

Nomad in pvp

in PvP

virus.4370

Virus, don’t you see how everyone here is saying the same thing and instead of listening you just repeat the same nonsense?

Let me try to be very clear. In the current state of the game bunkers are NOT at a disadvantage. Bunkers are still extremely powerful. Support elementalist is arguable the most essential build of the game currently, used by every single pro league team (if I remember well). And this is despite their very low HP making it susceptible to burst. Druid is also a very popular build.

With highly defensive amulets like minstrel or nomad, the advantage of those builds just go through the roof, and you would have 2 or 3 full damage players absolutely unable to take down one bunker within a reasonable amount of time. The games would be like in season 1: put one bunker on each node and wait. We had many games with 0 – 0 (yes strict 0 points) for 7 or 8 minutes. This is insanely boring to play and watch.

The problem is that defensive builds do have an advantage in conquest AND the sustain traits and skills have been blown up to insane levels. All of this gives and UNFAIR ADVANTAGE TO DEFENSIVE BUILDS. So the amulet choice is meant to reduce this advantage and get a more even play field between offense and defense.

Finally I would like to add: which class are you trying to play as nomad? Because you can be efficient bunkers in PvP, and if you do not manage to survive and support efficiently, it is probably because you are “carried” by your stats in other game modes and you simply have to improve. But do not expect to survive 3v1 indefinitely, this can already sort of happen, and this is very unhealthy for the game.

i use nomad on my necro….so not a lot of support their.. my point how is it a fair match when i start with 1/2 life and 1/2 of my normal def..while other players get to keep their normal stats.. how is losing 1/2 your life , healing, and def an unfair advantage for bunker players..

Nomad in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Game is not designed to all stats work with all classes, that is the same as waitting for Santa Claus, having it avaliable does not meant classes uses it well.

you should see the pain it is to play bunker Guardian then, the class have sturdy traits and skill while they dont work that well.

I would love to see stats locked to classes it would brin diversity and probably more easy to balance.. at the end since they could be changed it individually.
Stats sets for ele
stats sets for guard
stats setsfor xpto
stats sets for mickey mouse
etc..

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Nomad in pvp

in PvP

Shadow.1345

i use nomad on my necro….so not a lot of support their.. my point how is it a fair match when i start with 1/2 life and 1/2 of my normal def..while other players get to keep their normal stats.. how is losing 1/2 your life , healing, and def an unfair advantage for bunker players..

LMAO
LMAO
LMAO
LMAO
LMAO

The highest health pool + Shroud and you still need bunker stats. Clearly a l2p issue here.

Nomad in pvp

in PvP

virus.4370

i have at least one of every profession and most are bunker builds..but necro is my favorite ..and having earned the nomad gear by farming mats, crafting..spending what it feels like 40 years walking around the desert at dry top hunting for chest to get recipes and earning geodes to get ventari gear and supplies..working for the day i could use it..and after all that hard work..nothing when you get to pvp.. no nomad..no ventari..but soldiers and zerkers..stuff that you can just buy at the TP… they get their stats but those of us that worked hard to get bunker stats gets nothing….thats not cool..

Nomad in pvp

in PvP

virus.4370

LMAO
LMAO
LMAO
LMAO
LMAO

The highest health pool + Shroud and you still need bunker stats. Clearly a l2p issue here.

i didn’t say i need them.. i said i like to have them because i earned them..l2read.

Nomad in pvp

in PvP

Shadow.1345

LMAO
LMAO
LMAO
LMAO
LMAO

i didn’t say i need them.. i said i like to have them because i earned them..l2read.

WvW, you earned so you can use them there. Problem solved.

Nomad in pvp

in PvP

virus.4370

LMAO
LMAO
LMAO
LMAO
LMAO

WvW, you earned so you can use them there. Problem solved.

problem not solved, why should i accept anything less then nomad in pvp..zerkers get their stats, condition players get there stats..why should bunker players accept less then their stats..they have earned not paid for with gold from the tp or gold they got from buy gems and converting to gold…you can’t buy nomad or ventari stats..like you can the others..so why should we settle..because attack players don’t like it..because of people like you bullying others into stopping their post on the forum..dude you can keep at me all you want..but remember i’m a bunker player..i’m in it for the long fight. your burst bullying won’t stop me.

Nomad in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

People arent bullying you, do you real notice what is necessary to make this to be used in pvp???

It is the same as expect something for 2020 nad ended being badly implemented in game.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Nomad in pvp

in PvP

virus.4370

People arent bullying you, do you real notice what is necessary to make this to be used in pvp???

It is the same as expect something for 2020 nad ended being badly implemented in game.

he put l2p which means learn to play..which is a form of bullying like calling people trolls is also one..but either way only think i’m asking for it my normal stats, the same as any other build.. and Aeolus i’m cool with you dude..you have been respectful in your posting..but the whole point is other builds get their full stats we get 1/2..i don’t see them cutting the zerkers attack by 1/2 and crit and that rest of their stats..no limit on the condition damage by 1/2…but bunkers and tanks sorry they lose their stats.. thats not cool and super unbalanced.

Nomad in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

About him playing PvE in nomads: Let him. It bother noone. If hé enjoys it, fine.

In PvP: Bunkering in PvP is not fun. It doesnt bring healthy gameplay. Therefore we dont have nomads

i like that you can respect my nomad in pve..thanks for that..but in pvp i love to bunker it’s fun to me and i love it. just like i see zerker play as boring and no fun..you may see being a bunker that way..and i can respect that. but thats what makes MMO’s great we all see the game from a different point of view..and we all find our own style..just as zerkers can use their stats in pvp..i just want the same thing for nomad players aka bunkers or tanks..

Hey!

I can also sometimes enjoy Bunkering in PvP. However problem is that with nomads, bunkering becomes incredibly easy. Therefore you would find many games with 3+ bunkers. These games will be: Cant get killed, cant kill others. It will become very lame games for most of us.

Anyway, try playing around with clerics. It might surprise you what you can do with it

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

Nomad in pvp

in PvP

virus.4370

About him playing PvE in nomads: Let him. It bother noone. If hé enjoys it, fine.

In PvP: Bunkering in PvP is not fun. It doesnt bring healthy gameplay. Therefore we dont have nomads

i like that you can respect my nomad in pve..thanks for that..but in pvp i love to bunker it’s fun to me and i love it. just like i see zerker play as boring and no fun..you may see being a bunker that way..and i can respect that. but thats what makes MMO’s great we all see the game from a different point of view..and we all find our own style..just as zerkers can use their stats in pvp..i just want the same thing for nomad players aka bunkers or tanks..

Hey!

I can also sometimes enjoy Bunkering in PvP. However problem is that with nomads, bunkering becomes incredibly easy. Therefore you would find many games with 3+ bunkers. These games will be: Cant get killed, cant kill others. It will become very lame games for most of us.

Anyway, try playing around with clerics. It might surprise you what you can do with it

thanks for the advice about cleric’s that’s what i use now

Nomad in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Virus I’m not sure if you noticed but there are alot of different combinations that are available in wvw and in pve that are not available in pvp. This was implemented as time has gone on pvp is evolving all the time and requires more careful balance. These changes have been made in response to dev and player evaluations of pvp mode to ensure healthy game play. There are still a few bunker options available to you. I hope this helps you understand or at least accept that nomads might be unhealthy for pvp.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Nomad in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I’m a bit confused with your answer. You got your nomad gear. Great. Have fun with those in PvE and WvW. In PvP, we don’t use gear. So you don’t lose half of your HP or your toughness or anything. You just do like everybody, you choose one PvP amulet which will then give you a set of stats. If you want bunker, you can use clerics, or even more hybrids like Mender, Sage, Paladin etc… I often use Sage for my necro when I feel for playing more support-y (which I often do).

Saying that you lose something means that you had something to start with. But you don’t. PvP is a game mode on its own, where you don’t need any gear. You choose an amulet, all amulets have about the same amount of stats (4 stats amulet have a somewhat higher total which is unfair, but that is a different subject). So if you use cleric, you have less HP than a Nomad, but you have more power. Power is the stat which scales the best, so actually this is not a bad trade of.

Nomad in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: LemmingHerder.6041

LemmingHerder.6041

he put l2p which means learn to play..which is a form of bullying like calling people trolls is also one..but either way only think i’m asking for it my normal stats, the same as any other build.. and Aeolus i’m cool with you dude..you have been respectful in your posting..but the whole point is other builds get their full stats we get 1/2..i don’t see them cutting the zerkers attack by 1/2 and crit and that rest of their stats..no limit on the condition damage by 1/2…but bunkers and tanks sorry they lose their stats.. thats not cool and super unbalanced.

Stats work differently in PvP and PvE. Like in how they are allocated (collecting pve gear for stats vs selecting from a menu in pvp). The fact that you earned nomads gear for pve is irrelevant to pvp and pvp stats. Also in how they are balanced. While it may be usable in PvE, in PvP it is too strong to the point of changing the purpose of the game mode, of which kills are an important part. Nomads might be balanced for PvE, but it is not for PvP. Opponent stats in PvE are different from that of other players. You seem to imply that by working together the other team should still be able to defeat an overpowered bunker. But even if all 5 “attack players” focused him, the other 4 members of the OP bunker’s team could easily cc or kill the attackers in the lengthy time it would take to get the kill. So it would become near impossible and the game stagnates, and every other part of the functionality of a pvp match would be ignored to focus on this one unkillable bunker. This goes against the entire point of a PvP match.
Bunker players are not discriminated against. They are an integral part of any successful team in the recent PvP metas. For example, clerics ele currently. They can hold most 1v1s indefinitely when played well, and will die eventually in most 2v1 scenarios. In a 5v5 PvP match with many other objectives in a map for a team to worry about than the location of the one bunker, this is how strong bunkers must be to be balanced and not destroy the game mode.

Nomad in pvp

in PvP

Posted by: freecarl.1320

freecarl.1320

quality troll post