Noobs: Nudity is bad

in PvP

Posted by: Cristobal.8640

Cristobal.8640

Last match a necro on our time was naked, I told him not to be stupid and put some armor at which point he immediately started trash talking and accusing me of being a noob who thinks PVE gear matters in PVP. Thought it was just another troll until the whole team started flaming me for the same reason. It is known that Boots, Leggins and Chest are required in pvp. Armor quality/lvl etc doesn’t matter, just that you have something equipped on those slots, or you lose armor. They flamed so much I thought anet might have changed this and I was actually wrong so I went and tested it after the game, it still works this way. Could anet please make this clearler to the trash players who refuse to learn, somehow? I hope the poor kitten at least had the decency to test it by himself after the match but he blocked me so I wouldn’t know

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

perhaps it might be easier if anet changed the pvp system so that naked characters behave as if they have full armor on.

in PvP

Posted by: Cristobal.8640

Cristobal.8640

perhaps it might be easier if anet changed the pvp system so that naked characters behave as if they have full armor on.

I don’t believe they would do that, but yeah that would be ideal.

in PvP

Posted by: Shilajit.9023

Shilajit.9023

if I remember correctly it was like that since 2014, you have empty armor slot= you got no armor.

before that armor didn’t matter it went on for a while [started just after wardrobe patch] then people started trolling like killing you naked & dance on your body or something baam anet changed it to require armor.

Selling salts to the Salty people.
Only Gankdara Ele

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Its not going to fix the problem.

Ranked and Unranked should block anyone that queue without amulet, runes, sigils, weapons, armor or any traits.

I seen a lot of people without one of these. Especially because returning players played before the amulet removal.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Torafugu.1087

Torafugu.1087

Yeah you should get an warning message about missing equipment in spvp when you hit the queue button and get thrown back to the lobby.

in PvP

Posted by: FOX.3582

FOX.3582

You al don’t see the bigger problem here. Lot of people (specially kids these days) have stopped using their brain.

-They do not check their gear/stats/build before playing after a long break.
-They just remove some gear pieces because they think it’s pretty, without investigating the risks and effects first.
-They cap home with two or three people.
-They aren’t willing to reroll necro, although a team without one has a 80% lose rate in this meta.

I can go on and on and on about this, but that would not help.

Now the solution:

/Block…

What does the FOX say¿!

in PvP

Posted by: Torafugu.1087

Torafugu.1087

it’s really pretty easy to forget something when changing build. I think an error message will do a lot of good to new and old players alike. you don’t start a match and then go “ah CRAP”

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

This is extremely helpful and extremely important. I mean: ive spent quite some time in pvp and really thought i knew everything…and now this comes up. I never entertained the idea of randomly stripping armorparts so I never bothered to look it up, but still…wow. Im gonna help spread the word the next time I see an exhibitionist in a match. Try to point them towards /wiki/PvP_Build if they wont believe you, people are much more likely to trust websites.