Not Resetting MMR Between Seasons.

in PvP

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

By not resetting MMR between seasons, the developers have decided to skew matches in favor of players who they deem to be “good”. Each season is not a fresh new start, and players who are “good” have the system weighted in there favor every season, whereas players who are “bad” have the system weighted against them from the start.

If for any reason during any sPvP season you fall into a losing pattern/streak, sPvP will forever be weighted against you for the season and any additional seasons to come.

Isn’t the point of the season that it should be a fresh start? Aren’t you trying to get new blood and new teams at the top of SPvP so they can be part of Esports? Why is the playing field not even at the beginning of every season? What’s the point of even having seasons if MMR is carried from one season to the next?

aka. “The Complainer”

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Pretty much this. If you started off bad your entire year will be bad. There’s simply no climbing your way out of it at all. Such a bad design.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Seriously why even have seasons if mmr isn’t reset. You might as well make it one season that never ends and make it so that you can drop backwards from losses in tiers and divisions.

aka. “The Complainer”

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

Even if they would reset it, it would mean you are carried by me, or other good players, and you would think you are good. I was in MMR hell in season 2, got out and got Legendary, now in season 3 I carry my team mates, not a single match lost. Learn to play, ‘cause it’s evident you can’t in the moment!

in PvP

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Even if they would reset it, it would mean you are carried by me, or other good players, and you would think you are good. I was in MMR hell in season 2, got out and got Legendary, now in season 3 I carry my team mates, not a single match lost. Learn to play, ‘cause it’s evident you can’t in the moment!

I was legend last season and am in Ruby this season and am having no trouble advancing rapidly, 14/16 games won w/3 win streaks, so there goes ur argument and assumption. I’m probably a better player than you as I was never trapped in MMR hell last season.

aka. “The Complainer”

(edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108)

in PvP

Posted by: Kycoo Grim.9463

Kycoo Grim.9463

I was legend last season and am in Ruby this season and am having no trouble advancing rapidly, 14/16 games won w/3 win streaks, so there goes ur argument and assumption. I’m probably a better player than you as I was never trapped in MMR hell last season.

*Your

Than why would you care about MMR being reset? You’ve already said you are going to not play PvP again and that all you care about is the wings. Why concern yourself with a game type that you claim you will never set foot in again?

Just a filthy Casual, move along.

in PvP

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

*Your

Than why would you care about MMR being reset? You’ve already said you are going to not play PvP again and that all you care about is the wings. Why concern yourself with a game type that you claim you will never set foot in again?

When did I say all I care about is the wings?

I want the system to be better it makes no sense and it’s counter intuitive for what Anet is trying to accomplish with e-sports. I also don’t think that players who lose should have the system rigged against them and especially not so at the beginning of a fresh season.

It should be an even playing field every match and every season.

aka. “The Complainer”

in PvP

Posted by: Sam.6930

Sam.6930

Wait? Someone actually thinks capping bases is pvp and a little badge icon next to his name shows his capacity of skill on capping those bases?

Congrats. You are thinking correct. You skill is awesome for capping bases.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

After S2 it cried for a reset…. I stopped S2 after a serious loosing streak in ruby.
I usualy expect that people that reached ruby/saphier last season know to play.
But half of the players seem to play like it´s their second match? How is this even possible? Last 4 ran close .. at least two recognized it and turned after half way …
We won because oponent rotated bad and i barely had oposition …. WTF ????
Guess it needs season 3 to further sort players out … But the grind will be serious …

as said. Seting divisions was a good choice, but MMR should be reset.
And i would prefer MMR per class … (including no class swap after map roll)

(edited by Wolfric.9380)