Not getting tournament chests again!

in PvP

Posted by: choban.9027

choban.9027

Won two tournaments, one 2nd and one 3rd place…no chests for few hours now. Any1 else with the same issue?

Server: Gandara

in PvP

Posted by: Xorya.3276

Xorya.3276

yep bugged again

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

is there not a section for bug report?

in PvP

choban.9027

Didn’t see any reports…so i thought it’s just me or just few of us…and this was bugged before…Guess I’ll send bug report again

in PvP

Shukran.4851

in PvP

choban.9027

Still don’t see any new reports of this issue…reported in game though…Just wanted to know if any1 else is having the same issue

in PvP

Posted by: Strongfort.2451

Strongfort.2451

Ugh, yep. Played a tournament match last night, still no chest as of this morning.

in PvP

Posted by: Jordan.9132

Jordan.9132

I’m not getting them either.

in PvP

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

It can take a few hours. I’ve had chests that didn’t show up until I logged on the next morning.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: BicE.2984

BicE.2984

yeah, same problem, also gandara

in PvP

Posted by: Jentavi.8154

Jentavi.8154

same problem here, Far Shiverpeaks. Won a tourny and was second in one, still no rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Next

Thanks for posting everyone!! Programmers are already on it. We’ll have a fix in as soon as we can.

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

Posted by: Westgate.8453

Westgate.8453

Jonathan, do you know if players who have lost out on chests in the past day will be getting any sort of compensation? Because I know me and the guys I was playing with last night won 2 gold chests. It would be sad to lose them.

in PvP

Posted by: Elevated.9752

Elevated.9752

It’s official, the meaningless rewards that you can get from GW2 pvp are bugged. Congrats!!! We have all officially participated in pointless downing, and finishing, and using ventrillo for no friggen reason. Welcome to failing mmogs

in PvP

Shukran.4851

how can it be so difficult
chest = 0 no chests
chest = 1 yes chests
???
come on.league of legends compensated for less. i want to know how we will be compensated.

in PvP

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

It’s official, the meaningless rewards that you can get from GW2 pvp are bugged. Congrats!!! We have all officially participated in pointless downing, and finishing, and using ventrillo for no friggen reason. Welcome to failing mmogs

Uh really? Really? You never thought to just play this game for fun eh? Life revolves around bits of code showing you a colored treasure chest? Methinks someone needs to stop welcoming MMO’s and say hello to life.

If you makes you feel better I can draw a picture, scan it and send it to you so you can sleep with it under your pillow.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in PvP

Posted by: Mage.7839

Mage.7839

in PvP

Mage.7839

how can it be so difficult
come on.league of legends compensated for less. i want to know how we will be compensated.

As I bought the game for casual PvP I am thinking to get compensation from CC company instead of Arenanet. I also think that PvP chest compensation would be cheaper for Arenanet than real money refund.

That will be very sad day. I have been waiting this game for 5 years.

in PvP

Posted by: Atlas.6901

Atlas.6901

I will trade you all the tournament chests I have received to date for competitive matchmaking and some form of ladder ranking system, so that our team can measure our progress and success.

in PvP

Mage.7839

I will trade you all the tournament chests I have received to date for competitive matchmaking and some form of ladder ranking system, so that our team can measure our progress and success.

Or the removing of the downed state from tournaments? If yes, I agree.

in PvP

Posted by: Prince.3682

Prince.3682

Exactly. I’d rather have this than another chest ever again.

in PvP

Posted by: Atlas.6901

Atlas.6901

Or the removing of the downed state from tournaments? If yes, I agree.

I disliked downed state when I was new to the game. Then I grew to accept it. Now I like it.

I’ll take the matchmaking and ladder ranking trade instead, sorry.

in PvP

Posted by: predi.4803

predi.4803

arenanet is trolling us as hard as they can … im bored with gw2 … wtf is going on with this guys ?

in PvP

Mage.7839

arenanet is trolling us as hard as they can … im bored with gw2 … wtf is going on with this guys ?

I know that many of the readers may think that this is a simple QQ, but I honestly tell that GW1 after 8 years is much more fun to play than GW2. And it was also much better than GW2 when it came out.

I was beta testing both game as soon as it was possible. I still remember the removed skill charms. I remember the first spell I casted. I remember the first time when I have seen LA.

GW2 seemed to be a great game at the beta events. I really loved it. I even ordered a Charr plush. However, the release is a disaster.

No stable TP for a month, lost PvP rewards for a month. Those who do not know GW1 also has many many cosmetic PvP and PvE armor. Arenanet says they will not restore the chests. They do not even try. How is that possible?

Worst feature ever in PvP: Downed State.

What would I say? So much disappointment.

I will come back half year later and hope the game changed from beta to a close to finished software.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

All people do these days is cry about bullkitten

in PvP

Posted by: Suds.7235

Suds.7235

I just want to open every post in the forums and type: “Waaaaaaaaah, waaaaaaahaaaaaaaa” at the end.

in PvP

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

I didn’t even know there was tournament chests.
Oh wow.

in PvP

Posted by: BLOODBIRD.9386

BLOODBIRD.9386

Dear Jonathan Sharp,

Am glad that you are rushing to meeting to discuss the game issues which you can not resolve. i have won so many tournaments and i have not recieved a single chest, you better not be kidding me sending me an apology letter that all your rewards are now “Gone” and “Vaporized”

i will not hope, i want them! I have wasted time and energy playing… an di care about the glory that it gives more than anything else.

that on the side, we used to PvP a lot, we from math teacher guild are disappointed because :

1- It\s called Guild Wars, where the hell is the ladder
2- where is the broadcast on all servers when you win halls etc .. that was one of the best things in game.
3- where the hell is /rank , i guess 99% of all pvpers want that, dont they? so who are you to say we are not going to implement it?!

so u want the game to be fun, let ie be, but you have lost your “originality” copying War Hammer online and WoW

you were the best game in PvP, so please stay like that

S N O W R E D [ MATH]

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Starting to get seriously tired of this. Growing bored of the game already, finally drag myself to play for a bit. Won a tournament after waiting 3×5 minutes in total boredom, and didnt even get a chest. Shook my head and logged off.

This was NOT what i was promised when i bought this game. Getting more discouraged by the day.

Oh yeah i should also mention i had people repeatedly just reviving from a random stomp 100 yards away as i just beat em in a fight at a base. How is this fulfilling gameplay? Why am i punished that my ally lost a fight somewhere off in the distance? its ridiculous, i kill him, but wait hes not dead, first you must endanger your on life to actually kill the person, but oh crap suddenly revives and regains HALF HIS HP. Downed is just askitten in tournaments as anywhere else. They cant balance burst so they put some kitten mechanic in that they cant balance either? Is that the reason? Or did they actually think it would be fun to have this mechanic? Something skilled when you randomly rally, the person that beat you gets blown up because he beat you, and putting knockback bubbles while ressing? The more i think of this game the more i feel that it hardly requires individual skill and that it is plagued with ‘original’ ideas that just end up frustrating, imbalanced, and anticlimactic.

(edited by GankSinatra.2653)

in PvP

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

Till now i have never NOT gotten a chest.. either im lucky or you guys are kittened

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

in PvP

Posted by: Wardrum.3706

Wardrum.3706

Didn’t get a chest today too, I don’t know if there’s been a patch already or not. But won a tournament and haven’t gotten a chest or anything. Hope it gets resolved fast !

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

just got a chest, so its probably not global problem…

in PvP

Posted by: bettadenu.5483

bettadenu.5483

Thanks for posting everyone!! Programmers are already on it. We’ll have a fix in as soon as we can.

Still not getting chests for tPvP!

in PvP

Posted by: Umweltplakette.2109

Umweltplakette.2109

I also got no chests from tPvP since yesterday :/ … I asked some ppl and most of them seem to get the chests.

So as MaXi said … it might not be a global problem but hopefully they gonna look into this asap

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

This is not a bug. The tournaments have to actually end before you can get the chests. if your team loses on the second round, you get your copper chest only after the 3rd round is finished. You just have to wait.

in PvP

Previous

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Next

@Geff: this is what I was wondering as well. Did the other people who posted in here eventually get chests once the tournaments finished?

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

I’ve never once had an issue with getting chests. Soon as Khylo finished, boom, there was my reward.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Umweltplakette.2109

No, I didn’t even recive mine after the tournaments end.

This can’t be the problem since I would have gotten 3 Gold Chests already but instead I got nothing.

Nothing for 3rd, nothing for 2nd and nothing for 1st place.

in PvP

Posted by: DalzK.9086

DalzK.9086

Nope. This bug happened I think on at least two (maybe three?) separate occasions, and no one ever got their chests at the end.

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Yes i actually did get the chest Jon muchos gracias
Though it took about a day, but thats okay

(edited by GankSinatra.2653)

in PvP

choban.9027

Never got those chests! And yes, i know that if you lose 2nd round that you have to wait a while to get the chest, but this was not the case because I’ve won some tournaments, few 2nd places and few times we lost in the 2nd round. So once again, never got them.

This happened few times before, when game launched, but it was random thing (and it was known issue which was fixed soon). After that everything was fine until that day when I (and many others) didn’t get any chests.

So, it WAS a bug, definitely not an issue with 3rd or 4th place chests…

(edited by choban.9027)

in PvP

Previous

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Next

Ok, I’ll let the programmers know again. Thanks for the report guys, we’ll look into it and why it seems to hit such a small % of the players.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

Umweltplakette.2109

just did another tournament … did reach the last round and lost. But still didn’t receive a tournament chest.

Edit: Maybe it helps if I tell you guys that I did transfer my account from EU to US Servers and that I don’t get my tourney chests since then.

(edited by Umweltplakette.2109)

in PvP

Umweltplakette.2109

Did you guys already look into this problem? because I just did another tournament and but didn’t receive anything … it starts to be frustrating :/

in PvP

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Previous

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

Next

Hey all, just letting you know that we are still investigating this issue. Though it would be super helpful if you guys can provide some more specific details, as some of the responses are a little vague.

-Roughly for how many hours or day has this issue been affecting you?
-Roughly how many tournaments did you win(4th place or higher) during this time?
-Roughly what percentage of those tournament chests did you actually receive?
-Do you happen to know if your roster teammates earned their reward chests?
-Do you play on a US or EU server?

Providing these details will speed up how fast we can narrow this issue down and roll out a fix. Thanks.

in PvP

Posted by: Konvoy.6245

Konvoy.6245

I can tell you I lost a glory level 18 chest after I logged out because I didn’t want to accept/open it on the character I was playing at the time. Is this a known issue or is it supposed to happen? :O

in PvP

choban.9027

It was for 6-7 hours during one day (15 days ago). Not counting missing chests soon after the launch when that was known issue.

-Roughly how many tournaments did you win(4th place or higher) during this time?
7-8

0%

Unfortunately not, all of those tournaments were PUGs. But many people from my server had same problems during that time.

EU – Gandara

in PvP

Umweltplakette.2109

It’s still affecting me since 1 or 1 1/2 weeks now

~10 I guess. I didn’t really count

got not even 1 Chest so it’s 0%

Yes they did earn the chests

It started when I was playing on EU – Elonas Reach and now I’m playing on US – Northern Shiverpeeks where I still got the same problem.

in PvP

Umweltplakette.2109

Just did another one and didn’t receive my chest while my brother and my friend which I did play with already got theirs :/

in PvP

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Previous

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer