Now that DS was given more counterplay

in PvP

Posted by: Rainweaver.7302

Rainweaver.7302

Could you do something about Plague Signet?

I’ve no problem with having my condition burst transfered to me, but at least give me proper intuitive counterplay against it that is not randomly using my defensive CDs whenever I see the signet is up, out of fear of exploding to my own conditions due to an instant cast stun-breaking condition transfer.

Both Putrid Mark and Deathly Swarm have adequate cast times. Why not give the instant cast/stun break property to another signet like Locust that is not as oppressive upon activation as Plague?

“Just dont use your conditions all at once”, in other words, play attrition against one of the best attrition class in the game, that can dish condition burst itself while having high base HP and the threat of Death/Reapershroud. It doesnt work, specially when only a few condition builds have good sustained condition application.

“Bring more condition removal”, true, but now I have to use my condition removal to remove my own conditions, and thus wont have enough for when the Necro uses his/her own conditions burst.

I understand some classes are a bad matchup for others but, again, it should at least offer a counterplay that is not based on random preemptive skill usage.

in PvP

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

By counterplay you mean making it 100% useless because it counters itself?

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

It should have a cast time tbh. Right now the counter play to it is basically baiting it out. RNG dodging, blocking, or LoSing when you think they’re gonna use it.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Rainweaver.7302

How does it counters itself by having an actual telling of when it is being used?

Now people can actually dodge it on reaction, thus it is useless…?

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

I always thought it was funny that it transfers a blind too, instead of missing.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

it is fine and balanced.

conditions are easily removed or transferred around.

in PvP

Senario.2038

How does it counters itself by having an actual telling of when it is being used?

I’m guessing DS doesn’t stand for Diamond Skin for you. I made assumptions because honestly DS seems most commonly to stand for Diamond Skin.

in PvP

Rainweaver.7302

I’m guessing DS doesn’t stand for Diamond Skin for you. I made assumptions because honestly DS seems most commonly to stand for Diamond Skin.

Sorry, thought you were talking about Plague Signet.

Yeah, I meant Diamond Skin…it does have more counterplay now – for better or worse (dunno how underwhelming it is now, yet to play my elementalist)

in PvP

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

Don’t bother. DS is trash now

in PvP

Senario.2038

Sorry, thought you were talking about Plague Signet.

Yeah, I meant Diamond Skin…it does have more counterplay now – for better or worse (dunno how underwhelming it is now, yet to play my elementalist)

Then yeah, Diamond skin is hot garbage now. It only applies if you get hit (one hit per second) and you are above 75% hp. And it doesn’t apply to any condi that is applied to that hit so if you had zero condis on you and you got hit with Rev Mace which applies torment it would not cleanse the torment, you would have to get hit again. Generally what the trait has become is that you get hit and then maybe one condi gets removed as you go below 75% hp since you no longer have Celestial amulet and sigil of energy. Your hp is a lot lower and you likely don’t have toughness or healing power which are the main stats Eles used in PvP.

It doesn’t really have counterplay so much as “you might as well have removed it from the game”. It counters itself because in the process of getting hit it deactivates itself and can’t even cleanse conditions effectively.

If it was the suggested change seen in the preview where you get 1 condi removed every second if you stay above 75% I would’ve considered that a net neutral and 100% ok as it just made a strong choice that had no counterplay have some counterplay (loads of direct damage or a ton of condi).