Now the #1 Solo will not play for a month

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

I see that guy at the top with 11 wins and 0 losses.

He will stop playing that character. Watch.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

11-0 sounds a like a queue syncher to me. I hope A-net has some kind of idea what they should expect a true solo queue w-l record to look like and take some kind of action if we start see all these inflated records. Can this company do anything right? Just wondering.

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

Yes, I think in a week if there are any sustained win/loss percentages over 70%, it will prove there are not enough people playing to have a pool that can create truly fair matches.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Tichorum doesn’t care about holding spot 1 with just 11 wins. Why would he stop playing Solo Q just to troll the leaderboards?

Sure someone might do it with an alt but I know Mila and that’s just not like them.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Remember that they’ll go down in the ladder if they don’t play with a certain frequency.

And the leaderboard is account-wide. Not playing that particular character would be pointless.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

Tichorum doesn’t care about holding spot 1 with just 11 wins. Why would he stop playing Solo Q just to troll the leaderboards?

Sure someone might do it with an alt but I know Mila and that’s just not like them.

Well, that’s good to hear.

I think in a week all the top slots will be short-term anomalies that no one takes all that seriously.

It will be your typical level where you tend to sit for a while that will be the measure of your SoloQ ability.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Well, the top 10 players are rangers, necros, engis. The three specs atm that can 1 v 1, bunker for a bit if needed, and support team fights. That being said the top 25 players are also good players that also run things like, ele, thief, guardian. Teams that end up with 2 or 3 thieves and warriors against a team of 2 necros, a ranger, an engi, and a guard are gonna have a harder time because they can’t fill the rolls that need to be filled.

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Pretty weird to call out some random guy you don’t know on the leader board for maybe thinking about sitting on his rating on day 1 of solo queue. Why would you make a thread about that? C’mon now.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: Socram.6587

Socram.6587

Well, the top 10 players are rangers, necros, engis. The three specs atm that can 1 v 1, bunker for a bit if needed, and support team fights. That being said the top 25 players are also good players that also run things like, ele, thief, guardian. Teams that end up with 2 or 3 thieves and warriors against a team of 2 necros, a ranger, an engi, and a guard are gonna have a harder time because they can’t fill the rolls that need to be filled.

Well, after my 11 games yesterday – exclusively played as ele – I was ranked at place 2 when I first appeared on the leaderboard (with a red downside-arrow in the first column, which seems weird to me, as I expected a gray line… so internally I was 1st for a short time? Hooray, I guess ^^). My only lose was with a team where two players constantly whined about the absolute uselessness of eles (we had 2 – the game before was won with 3 eles on the team). Play more & QQ less I guess.
Phantaram (currently rank 4) also played Ele in a match with me, though I don’t know if that was his only profession in the 16 games so far.

That doesn’t really mean a lot with the low number of matches, but at least it shows that the balance isn’t as far off as a lot of people here claim it to be. Winning duels vs. Spirit Rangers and Engis was absolutely possible. CC warriors were a much harder matchup for me. Necro dmg seemed a little over the top though, even with my build that has lots of condition cleanse.

in PvP

cymerdown.4103

Well, after my 11 games yesterday – exclusively played as ele – I was ranked at place 2 when I first appeared on the leaderboard (with a red downside-arrow in the first column, which seems weird to me, as I expected a gray line… so internally I was 1st for a short time? Hooray, I guess ^^). My only lose was with a team where two players constantly whined about the absolute uselessness of eles (we had 2 – the game before was won with 3 eles on the team). Play more & QQ less I guess.
Phantaram (currently rank 4) also played Ele in a match with me, though I don’t know if that was his only profession in the 16 games so far.

That doesn’t really mean a lot with the low number of matches, but at least it shows that the balance isn’t as far off as a lot of people here claim it to be. Winning duels vs. Spirit Rangers and Engis was absolutely possible. CC warriors were a much harder matchup for me. Necro dmg seemed a little over the top though, even with my build that has lots of condition cleanse.

Well, hold on. Are we talking about class balance in terms of SoloQ, where team comps are random and team skill and coordination are generally lower? Or are we talking about TeamQ, where you can fully control the team comp and team skill coordination are at the maximum? Those are two totally different scenarios we’re talking about in terms of overall class balance.

Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: Socram.6587

Socram.6587

I was talking about soloQ, where the team comps are not totally random as there are quite a lot of players who switch out their profession depending on the team.

It was also meant as a response to Eurantien’s post, which suggested that you have to play one of the three classes that are currently viewed as the best to be able to get a high placement.

in PvP

Posted by: Xaqq.7562

Xaqq.7562

Class balance is what it is… could be better but not that bad (maybe except for good spirit ranger). Problem is, IMO setup balancing. Team are way too random, and its kittened to play a game with 3/4 players having the same profession. Switching character is not always a solution, because it takes time (yay to insane loading time since patch).

in PvP

cymerdown.4103

I was talking about soloQ, where the team comps are not totally random as there are quite a lot of players who switch out their profession depending on the team.

It was also meant as a response to Eurantien’s post, which suggested that you have to play one of the three classes that are currently viewed as the best to be able to get a high placement.

Right, I see what you mean. Yeah, I agree, on a less organized team and with random teams, the classes balance isn’t too bad. For organized top-level, though, it still needs a bit of work, but they’re working hard to get it right.

Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

If he or she wanted to do this, why would he stop at 11 wins and not 10 or 12 wins? Everyone knows that even numbers are better than odd numbers because they can be divided to yield a whole number. Odd numbers be divided to only yield fractions. Nobody likes fractions.

I think it is fairly clear from this evidence that he will not stop at 11 wins.

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

:)

My team started practice.. but if you call that a month, then.. okay. Call it sync if you want, but I didn’t communicate anything.

Don’t be so bitter.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

My team started practice.. but if you call that a month, then.. okay. Call it sync if you want, but I didn’t communicate anything.

Don’t be so bitter.

Team practice in solo Q? Why would you?

And no communication?

Call it sync if you want? (did you Sync your Q or not?)

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

tichorum.2415

Don’t be so bitter.

Team practice in solo Q? Why would you?

And no communication?

Call it sync if you want? (did you Sync your Q or not?)

No… why would a team try to sync and practice in solo queue?

And once again.. no, I didn’t sync. The reason I said “call it what you want” is because people will complain regardless of what is said.

I will say I got some good pairings such as Eurantein a few times, Cruuk once, and a couple of others. However, on the flip side, I’ve been with some no-names against Hman, Shan, and Davinci, and won quite significantly. So it’s unfair for one to accuse me of syncing when I’ve been on both sides of the field as far as getting with good players and getting with players I’ve never heard of going against some of the best in the game.

That being said, those that don’t get so fortunate will complain and accuse those that do get fortunate of syncing… which just isn’t true.

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

@tichorum
Well when you said “My team started practice.” That just sounded bad and then saying “call it sync but I didn’t communicate anything.” sounded even worse.

I’m practicing with my team but were not communicating anything.
My mistake tho.
Awesome 11-0

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

Pretty weird to call out some random guy you don’t know on the leader board for maybe thinking about sitting on his rating on day 1 of solo queue. Why would you make a thread about that? C’mon now.

It was nothing personal. Winning 11 games and losing none in a game that requires a strong team seemed suspicious.

Anyway, as you can see I later acknowledged the post that said the #1 player is a good guy.

in PvP

tichorum.2415

It was nothing personal. Winning 11 games and losing none in a game that requires a strong team seemed suspicious.

Anyway, as you can see I later acknowledged the post that said the #1 player is a good guy.

I mean.. I believe I’m fairly known to a lot of the teams, seeing as vVv has proven to be strong.

I just think it’s kind of obnoxious seeing “sync sync sync” all over the forums.

Any accusations that were made are no big deal to me, I’d probably be the same way if the guy that went 11-0 didn’t explain anything.

in PvP

Posted by: Psychogene.6780

Psychogene.6780

Looking at the leaderboard I got a feeling in the not too distant future it will more or less resemble the team arena leaderboard for the top 100. The pvp community is so small, those that pvp on a ‘hardcore’ basis will eventually settle at the top. They also probably have each other on friends list and know when the ‘optimal’ time to queue is (syncing or anti-syncing i.e avoiding each other).

Well SoloQ is a game of individual skill and a game of luck rolled into one. Seems the No.1 guy has both going for him in spades. I would say its kind of suspicious but since I can’t prove anything may as well give him the benefit of the doubt. He obviously has not had the misfortune of being in a game with a ‘first timer’ who does not know what score wins the game and does not even know what a skyhammer is.

in PvP

tichorum.2415

Looking at the leaderboard I got a feeling in the not too distant future it will more or less resemble the team arena leaderboard for the top 100. The pvp community is so small, those that pvp on a ‘hardcore’ basis will eventually settle at the top. They also probably have each other on friends list and know when the ‘optimal’ time to queue is (syncing or anti-syncing i.e avoiding each other).

Well SoloQ is a game of individual skill and a game of luck rolled into one. Seems the No.1 guy has both going for him in spades. I would say its kind of suspicious but since I can’t prove anything may as well give him the benefit of the doubt. He obviously has not had the misfortune of being in a game with a ‘first timer’ who does not know what score wins the game and does not even know what a skyhammer is.

Completely understood. I won’t lie, I don’t seem to have been with anyone who is a first-timer. But I’ve went against some very good players.

(edited by tichorum.2415)

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

And once again.. no, I didn’t sync. The reason I said “call it what you want” is because people will complain regardless of what is said.

Tichorum are you Mila Storm? You forgot to add names like Puff, H necro and Sivvy. 4+ games while in the same group 3 hours later?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/SYNC-s-gotta-go-Pictures/first#post2575753

Attachments:

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

(edited by Krayiss.4926)

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Tichorum are you Mila Storm? You forgot to add names like Puff, H necro and Sivvy. 4+ games while in the same group 3 hours later?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/SYNC-s-gotta-go-Pictures/first#post2575753

Ruh roh, evidence.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

tichorum.2415

I will say I got some good pairings such as Eurantein a few times, Cruuk once, and a couple of others.

First off, read before you make false accusations. Yes, I’ve been matched with them once before.

And.. OH CRAP. YOU GOT ME. You have a screenshot of us..that DEFINITELY means we synced queues. Crap crap crap… Just because I solo queue and then go do some errands and eat dinner and then come back and queue again and they are still queuing.. I guess that means I’m syncing queues with guys I have never even spoken a word to before.

Competency is hard to find around here at times..

(edited by tichorum.2415)

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

tichorum,

I do not think you are cheating and trying to sync. It’s the matcher.

Just play a lot every day and see if you get put with the same top players.

See how many 4×5 matches you get where you are on the 4 team. See how many matches you get with unknown, low-rank players who don’t seem to know what they are doing.

If you seem to always be with a strong team, then you will see that the matcher is giving you help.

PS. were you ever on voice communications with teammates on ANY soloQ matches? That would also help.

(edited by Silentshoes.1805)

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

Once before? try 4+ times (I read it, now go on) What Did I say that was false? Then you go denying that you were syncing? Funny your denying something I didn’t say. Makes you an odd bit guilty. 3 Hours later in the same group. Very lucky

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

tichorum.2415

@Silentshoes – No worries. I can’t control who I get with. And no, I was in my team’s TS channel the entire time I solo queued. I’ve never spoken to any of the people I’d been paired with aside from Eurantein once before.

@Krayiss – Don’t be so bitter. 4+ times? More like MAYBE twice. I am denying any syncing. Perhaps you should go back to third grade spelling and learn the difference between “your” and “you’re” before you make any assumptions. But yes, very lucky. However, I don’t choose what the matchmaker gives me.

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

I think the matcher is doing this.

And that’s why I think we need to ignore the first page or so of the SoloQ leaderboard until the matcher starts making high MM-rated players play against each other…not on the same team.

(edited by Silentshoes.1805)

in PvP

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Love all the syncers trying to deny it.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

@pot ya its funny
@tich thats for the grammar lesson but don;t go off topic :p.
Maybe twice. Look at the pictures. For sure twice. +people other seeing you with the same setup and the pics just happen to be 3 hours apart
Good try tho
Its a wonder why you are not Qing right now. It just means your team isn’t on lol

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: joni.7619

joni.7619

What memories!
wow wintrade now in gw2

in PvP

tichorum.2415

My team? My team consists of myself, steamhawke, deku god, and ranko. None of which are on there.

Not queuing now? Work?

By the way..everyone that’s complaining and being bitter and mad really are making my day better by giving me a laugh.

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

Not sure anyone is bitter, Im not atleast. Just trying to let the devs know whats going on.

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

tichorum.2415

I believe the devs are fully aware that if top tier players happen to queue within a certain time that some will get paired together, yes. I believe the entire PvP community is aware of such.

What I don’t believe many are aware of is that many of us that are high on the leaderboard don’t sync our queues. Perhaps some of them do. I, myself, do not.

in PvP

Posted by: yolosmurf.8052

yolosmurf.8052

hmmm get on his lvl – 11 wins isnt that hard to beat

in PvP

tichorum.2415

LOL now that I’ve thought about it… I might just sit on my #1 rank.

@yolosmurf – It takes a LOT of wins and is nearly impossible to get ahead of 11-0.

in PvP

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

U really should. Give these babies something to whine about. It’s not like they’d believe u anyway.

LOL, u said u stopped solo q’ing to go practice w/ ur team [in rated]. They read that u were practicing queue sync’ing but w/o communication. A bunch of whiny kittens.

in PvP

tichorum.2415

U really should. Give these babies something to whine about. It’s not like they’d believe u anyway.

LOL, u said u stopped solo q’ing to go practice w/ ur team [in rated]. They read that u were practicing queue sync’ing but w/o communication. A bunch of whiny kittens.

LOL. Finally someone who understands what I am saying. Yeah I’ve been told to just sit there.. oh man the rage. I actually might.

in PvP

Posted by: yolosmurf.8052

yolosmurf.8052

@yolosmurf – It takes a LOT of skill to get ahead of 11-0.

^fixed

It would be more deserved i guess if mmr would have settled down and win/loss would be more dependend on plays than lucky matchmaking.

But i dont think its nigh impossible..

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

I say pwned.

this guy gets caught red handed and proceeds to attack grammar as a result.

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

Number 1 solo Q on a system that fails!! That’s something to put on the e-sport resume.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

what’s better on a resume is a number 1 solo q with a completely random system, no match making ranking “same ranking” brackets aka you get grouped with rank 1 and rank 60, randomized yolo. That says if you’re number 1, you can carry a YOLO team.

in PvP

tichorum.2415

You guys are so mad lol.

Oops caught me red handed with a randomized queue. :O

in PvP

Posted by: TheWalkingDead.7298

TheWalkingDead.7298

lolnope, proven you can take over the 1 spot by just winning more
inb4 hurr queue sync

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

nice lol just saw. you and stunningstyles?

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

tichorum.2415

Thank you, actually. I can PvP again.

in PvP

Posted by: Izay.8725

Izay.8725

Can’t wait to see how much you guys drop once you start to lose a couple of games.

in PvP

tichorum.2415

Can’t wait to see how much you guys drop once you start to lose a couple of games.

I can’t wait too.

in PvP

Posted by: Adam.6047

Adam.6047

As the current #1 in Solo Queue I will quite openly say that I did sync queue with lemanve and we got into the same team about 5 times on the run. We faced relatively decent players and the games were quite balanced imo. The way I got to #1 was quite simple, when you get a queue pop try and get as many people on your team in your teamspeak channel. It is as simple as that, GW2 tournaments are all about communication, you can have absolutely incredible technical skill and experience but at the end of the day it comes down to communication. For example karsaib who is also highly ranked seemed to always be on the same team as shad, at the start of a game as a thief + ele they would stack might and stealth gank a guardian at mid. Not exactly a solo queue strategy as you don’t exactly expect such a high level of co ordination. I will say however that I don’t think they were using ts but simply worked well together as they did call targets and refused to get on ts irrespective of my attempts.

Oh and to the OP I won’t be doing solo queues until I’m knocked off #1 and as I said on ts “I’m doing a symbolic” – except I’m not using smurf accounts. Another thing whilst I’m on a roll is that I would love to be knocked of the top spot because then I can quite happily use solo queue to farm ranks as hot zerg is tiresome.

The fact that solo queue has a ladder is somewhat silly, imo soloq is a joke and in lieu there should be an unrated tournament queue with a better MMR system that doesn’t match solo queues with premades.

The only problem with having a system that does this is that the pvp community isn’t exactly huge and finding matches at times which aren’t peak will take 20-30 minutes (estimate). The only way I can see any of the current issues being resolved is that they bring out of the looking for group tool which we were teased with around March (if I remember correctly). The other issue is that there is very little incentive for players who achieve high ranks to actually play again unless they lose their spot. There is no benefit to me by playing solo queue I’ve already gotten to #1. Why would I want to lose that for another trash tournament chest which already plague my inventory and some glory I can get from hot zerg. This game is huge on the side of PvE and WvW, it’s a shame that players who enjoy WvW/PvE have no incentive to come and play PvP due to a lack of rewards. (side point*****)Oh and then of course the integration of American and European servers so that the queues are shared just as GW1 had districts. (I know this has been discussed before).

Ps. To the person that said that the classes that win 1v1s such as rangers, engis and necros are the classes that are on the top of the leaderboard. Well that is simply incorrect as there is a lot of variety in the “top” rated leaderboard solo queue players. I am a Guardian for example.

Side point: PvE rewards have been increased consistently over time and not a single change has been made to the PvP rewards since the removal of Free and Paid tournaments. Achievement points were a benefit to PvE players as AP are not really accessible in PvP at all. The big changes to dungeons that nerfed CoF to attempt to get players to try other dungeons and reward PvE players so that they feel rewarded for their time spent. Well I don’t feel rewarded at all for the time I’ve spent in PvP, the only thing I’ve got is the satisfaction of beating someone.

- That guy who isn’t going to queue as their is no benefit of me queuing.

Captain of Team Pugging – destroyed ESL with scrubs

(edited by Adam.6047)