OP Ranger and War

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Warriors were already too strong by half. I just hit a warrior with three full shatters, multiple interrupts and a moa.. and still died. Why not just call the game Warrior Wars because that seems to be the intent.

Rangers are just beyond the pale. Too much range multiple pets and way too much DPS stealth and mobility as well… just finish it and give them death shroud and an ele staff.

Mesmerising Girl

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

Um hate to be that guy but I believe the appropriate reponse in this case is learn to play.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I play reasonably well. There’s not a reason in Tyria a full 3 shatters shouldn’t have knocked down a player. This is especially true since I was blasting away and interrupting between them.

No learn to play is not an appropriate response.

Mesmerising Girl

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

Ranger? OP? Never did I imagine those two words in the same sentence. Gotta go with it might be a L2P issue…

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I have to go with that’s snarky denial. The fact of the matter is that Mesmer is way underpowered and ANET has loved on Warrior yet again.

Mesmerising Girl

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Ranger? OP? Never did I imagine those two words in the same sentence. Gotta go with it might be a L2P issue…

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Vee Wee never thought Vee Wee would hear the words “Turrets are OP!” But never underestimate the bad in some players!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

You must not have played back in the days of the spirit ranger. Those words went together constantly.

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Or trap ranger long before that. Hate to say it but you will be hearing ranger OP a lot once this balance patch eventually comes through. As for now? Nah rangers are mediocre.

Säïnt

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: Runewolf.8456

Runewolf.8456

I will admit that warriors are on the strong side but as a mes player i can still kill them, just kite them when they start AOE spamming. And if your a shatter mes against a warrior spam the hell outta confusion or daze it makes killing them real easy.

Also might wanna try changing traits/runes if you aren’t doing enough damage.

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

I’m aware rangers were once OP… But he’s saying OP in the current state? What? Really??

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

The only time rangers are obnoxious, besides just being rangers, is when they sit free casting off point and no matter how many times you clarify for your team to not allow that and take care of him (which a teef can do instantly) nothing happens. Then again same goes for anyone: eles, necros, engis, and definitely Mesmers too. As for on point fights, rangers are just a nuisance and nothing special. Honestly OP, reading your bit about rangers is a complete l2p issue. A shatter mes shouldn’t a have a bit of trouble with a ranger, your range is better than theirs and so are your “pets”.

Säïnt

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

TIL rangers are OP.

(Or you need to play better)

Ranger | Elementalist

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

They are not Op..mesmer is just weak. That simple. Watch mesmer gameplay video’s..they’re impressed and excited when they do 4k damage.

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

They are not Op..mesmer is just weak. That simple. Watch mesmer gameplay video’s..they’re impressed and excited when they do 4k damage.

mesmer weak???
dude l2p first
there are MESMER and mesmer
MESMER know how to play their class
and
mesmer just play it for fun (this type of player blame other class saing their are OP)
and every time we say a class is OP some nerf come on class who didn’t need it

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: chaosmike.8405

chaosmike.8405

In my experience:

Playing mesmer vs warrior 1on1, I tend to win because of clone/shatter pressure and interrupts. Yea he’s more resilient, but i can avoid all of his key skills.
In larger battles though, im screwed if a warrior catches me offguard. 1 eviscerate and bam -3/4 my life. Or I’m hit with 6 bleeding, 3sec immob, and 5 stacks of torment and I can’t do kitten cuz mesmers have no decent condi removal.
Of course this is different in a dedicated tpvp team with mates that can remove conds for u

Personally, I think ranger actually slightly counters mesmers. Either they play longbow and outkite them, or they run insane condi pressure, and again, mez dont have much vs condi

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Man you’re going to hate the october patch…

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Rangers are just beyond the pale. Too much range multiple pets and way too much DPS stealth and mobility as well…

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

People already told you on the profession balance fórum that yesterday was NOT the balance patch.

You started the mindless qq too early. Wait a little longer.

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: Jagstang.6912

Jagstang.6912

“My class is underpowered, therefor Ranger is OP.”

You realize that they don’t balance classes based off a mesmer’s shatter, right? Have you tried blinking to the ranger who has to much “range”(kinda funny how a ranger has range….)? Or using your skills? Or are you getting outplayed and then QQing about your lack of skill?

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

I totally get what you mean with warriors, but rangers are fine. Fighting a warrior for me is like a long kitten boss fight. I can usually beat it, but god kitten it does it take a while and if I screw up, he wins. If he screws up, he still has three more burn phases before he dies.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: mooty.4560

mooty.4560

I know this is a revolutionary idea.. but you could always consider giving some player credit for just being better than you or perhaps even, gasp, a good player?

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

I know this is a revolutionary idea.. but you could always consider giving some player credit for just being better than you or perhaps even, gasp, a good player?

Hard to do that when you absolutely unload on them and they only lose 1/3 of their health. Then they do one burst to you and you’re at like 1/4th of your health. Warriors are way too easy to play and they’re a bit too strong IMO. They can be handled, but you have to be playing very well and for a large majority of DPS builds, you will probably have to step off the point you’re defending in a 1v1 where as they usually don’t have to.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: mooty.4560

mooty.4560

Hard to do that when you absolutely unload on them and they only lose 1/3 of their health. Then they do one burst to you and you’re at like 1/4th of your health. Warriors are way too easy to play and they’re a bit too strong IMO. They can be handled, but you have to be playing very well and for a large majority of DPS builds, you will probably have to step off the point you’re defending in a 1v1 where as they usually don’t have to.

I was talking to the OP, but since you’re responding and your nick is “assassin” I suspect you main a thief class. I must say that thiefs are among the easiest and cheesiest classes in the game if not right at the apex of cheese.

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Warriors are definitely beatable, but it all depends on the skill lvl of the guy controlling.. it. You know they suck when they just spam all their skills and don’t even bother dodging or timing their knockbacks..they just spam buttons at will without taught…

A good warrior, you will definitely have some serious trouble with because, to put it simply, they have access to everything (i’m talkin condi cleansing, burst capability, stability, boons, condi pressure, stuns, dodges etc) and when a good player as access to such variety tools and knows when to properly use them, they are tough as heck to bring down. Top that onto the fact they have highest HP + armor along with amazing mobility.. good luck winning that vs…

It is definitely a L2P issue but if you put an equally skilled mesmer vs an equally skilled warrior in a 1v1, 9 times out of 10, that warrior is going to annihilate the mesmer…They are just a stone wall and for a light armor class, its tough to compete unless you have some serious sustain damage as well as sustainable survivability like celestial DD eles..

(edited by SkiTz.4590)

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Ranger not as bad as people think esp vsing a thief or mesmers. Seeing the enemy first is a big advantage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8kzqpN3Wug&list=UUlWCnHmG_-W4bTeRKxC-jYA

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

First off Shatter needs a buff. You do less burst, with less escape/survivability with more set up than most glass builds, (considering things like ele can heal up at will and thieves get better stealth, mobility, and evade spam.) and as a trade off you get team utility that frankly is to few and far between which imo isn’t a fair trade, and it leaves shatter wanting (and the meta agrees.) Especially the amount of set up to do any real damage.

War and Ranger are very low risk with a good pay off, you are high risk with a moderate pay off, neither requires as much of a set up to do you harm, and while your trying to get your bearings they can gain so much momentum.

However does this make them OP? not perse? Both of them are out playable kittenter! You just need to do much more work and trying to keep momentum that can shift at any moment. It’s an unfair fight by nature but it’s not broken.

Warrior the easier of the two to 1v1 is pretty standard once you learn their movements, if you pace out your skills over time you can over come them. Mesmer shatters are obvious so they are easy to avoid try to be descrete when your going to apply pressure. A lot of engagements you should try to force them to pop their cool downs so they cannot recover… You wont kill them in the first round of bursts even if you pop every c/d and they take most of it, you need to gain momentum and then hold it.

It’s hard to explain how to fight something but it’s best to just say to play re-actively don’t just blow all your c/ds and expect to win, esp in this matchup.

Also don’t be afraid to use higher ground positioning and terrain is part of combat and if anyone calls you a coward for using it tell them to drop their stupid amount of low risk.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

First off Shatter needs a buff. You do less burst, with less escape/survivability with more set up than most glass builds,

Also don’t be afraid to use higher ground positioning and terrain is part of combat and if anyone calls you a coward for using it tell them to drop their stupid amount of low risk.

Shatter is already extremely strong. Burst is extremely high already, though it does require a bit more thought to set up. But shatter also contributes boon strip, good pressure from longrange with gs and an aoe daze chance field if you’re using staff.

Shatter survivability is entirely active, but that doesn’t mean its bad. A standard shatter build has access to 1 stun break teleport, 1 pseudo stunbreak teleport, and an instant stealth stun break that isn’t negated by revealed. Along with this it has access to a 1-4s invuln (2 if traited) that doesn’t even require a utility spot or certain weapon.

Mesmer escapes are just fine as well, see above.

And positioning as a mesmer is your defense, idk why any mesmer would think its a good idea to facetank anything at all.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: Spanny.9256

Spanny.9256

Rangers are just beyond the pale. Too much range-

call the police, rangers actually have the upper hand in ranged combat.

if you’re throwing three full shatters at ANYBODY with little to no result, you need to re-evaluate your playstyle, because i myself am a fulltime shatter mes and rarely to i get downed by a ranger, and big dumb warriors are easy to juke.

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

I have to go with that’s snarky denial. The fact of the matter is that Mesmer is way underpowered and ANET has loved on Warrior yet again.

Underpowered??? Mesmers can instantly drop 20k life in 1 attack… That is not underpowered. Maybe you are doing something wrong. Oh and the 20k life is on a 3k armor character. So… yea.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

OP Ranger and War

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

5g to the first person to show me a mesmer doing 20k in one attack against a heavy golem in HoTM combat log needs to confirm, multiple phant hits don’t count.

Also yes shatters are strong on paper, but clearly the game dosent find it so when teams can replace shatter with virtually anything. Even supcutie dosent roll his mes as much. Utility strength only goes so far when your opponents have an advantage you need to keep up with between 100-0-stomp.

Granted 1v1s sitting on a point isn’t how the game is balanced, however it is a factor towards viability.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”