OP classes this season?

OP classes this season?

in PvP

Posted by: Othayuni.7369

Othayuni.7369

What classes do you think the last patch was a little too kind to?

Interested in getting kind of a general community sense of this question, at least according to angry forum-goers who are presumably here specifically because they’re angry.

Share thoughts!

OP classes this season?

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

This community can complain about anything. But personally, healing Druids, Scrapper sustain in combination with high damage, and Reaper condi damage.

Druids are able to spec for strong defence and choose Cleric Amulet, all while having no negative impact on their pet’s damage. In fact, the NM and BM trees together with Guard and We Heal As One allow for high uptime of 25 might stacks on both you and the pet.

Scrappers are like Druids, but weaker. By that, I mean that they’re less extreme than Druids. They have too much sustain for their damage, but that sustain doesn’t help their teammates either and if you CC the Scrapper, they can’t do damage. Whereas if you CC a Druid, their pet can still do damage (unless using an AoE CC). That’s just one example. Anyway, Scrapper’s hammer damage is far too strong. This is mainly due to the high power coefficient of those skills. Might is huge for them. And if that’s not bad enough, three of the hammer skills, all on pretty short CDs for weapon skills, have a defensive mechanic attached.

Part of the problem with Reaper is that conditions do too much damage, not just their own conditions. If they nerfed chill, Reaper damage would still be too high because they can also apply bleeding, burning, torment, and even confusion by corrupting retaliation.

OP classes this season?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Yeah, we will probably see a lot of those 3 (mostly scrapper and druid though) during next season.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

OP classes this season?

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

When I’m on druid I prefer mender’s so I can switch in and out of DPS or healing roles on the fly. It doesn’t have the best defense of course but it’s a tradeoff. Sure bursting stuff down way fast and optimizing for that role is fun but damage can be stopped with crowd control, blocks, and other resources so that kind of playstyle only seems good in a group willing to give support. A balance of damage and utility seems optimal for any class in general.

Part of the problem with Reaper is that conditions do too much damage, not just their own conditions. If they nerfed chill, Reaper damage would still be too high because they can also apply bleeding, burning, torment, and even confusion by corrupting retaliation.

I understand something with relatively little mobility like a reaper should have some sort of tradeoff for it but the problem seems to be with conditions in general and the worst thing about chill isn’t the damage (though it can be high) but slowing down cooldowns and being on for too long. You need a cleanse for it and cleanses require giving something up whereas for lots of conditions you might not need to give anything up. On a thief for example I can spec for bleeding and poison on weapons.

D/d isn’t my playstyle (I’m dabbling in dagger/pistol and main staff in all game modes, the d/p 5 +2+weapon swap +staff 1 seems powerful, maybe I said way too much but the info is there to discover anyway and optimal play from an opponent should be assumed anyway while playing so no big) but thief at least doesn’t have to give anything up really for that other than critical strikes or shadow arts (trickery and daredevil aren’t optional). Reaper being the premier condi class likely has some powerful condis on its weapons.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

OP classes this season?

in PvP

Posted by: Floplag.4032

Floplag.4032

In general, scrapper, reaper, and thief.
The Druid OP stuff is highly over stated in my opinion. Strong yes, stronger than the other 3, no.
I highly doubt Thief and Reaper get into the season as they are, its just too easy to do too well with minimal effort.
Scrapper may cause not everyone can play it to the level required to be OP, but those who can are incredibly strong.
And i still see no reason Revs wont be in the mix
Just my 2 cents, likely all its worth.

OP classes this season?

in PvP

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

1) reaper
2) rogue
3) scrapper/druid
4) rev/ rogue/ ele
5) war/ dh
6) chrono

OP classes this season?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I wouldn’t put reaper on first place: they are slow and don’t handle focus fire very well. Also their team support is rather limited. Soloq will be probably flooded with them but hardly tourneys, imo.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

OP classes this season?

in PvP

Posted by: Zaerah.1630

Zaerah.1630

Well what people consider to be op also depends a lot of what they tend to play, for example, a lot of people don’t seem to consider reve to be op anymore but for me it is the worst kittening thing in the game when playing thief, while necro is pretty harmless because of how kitten easy it is to play around them

Druid and scrapper are the two classes that i would like to see nerfed, just too much sustain combined with damage in my opinion.

(edited by Zaerah.1630)

OP classes this season?

in PvP

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

I wouldn’t put reaper on first place: they are slow and don’t handle focus fire very well. Also their team support is rather limited. Soloq will be probably flooded with them but hardly tourneys, imo.

Chilling all the ennemies, also poison, weakness, criple, bleed, torment, burn, fear, stun, and a high direct damage with a great survivability is a nice offensive team support for the reaper. Oups i have missed the boon corrupt.

OP classes this season?

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

My prediction
Tier 1: (Almost every team needs one)
1. Scrapper
2. Druid
3. Reaper

Tier 2: (Very popular choice)
4. Herald
5. Daredevil

Tier 3: (Useful but limited)
6. Dragonhunter
7. Tempest

Tier 4: (Hardly any use)
8. Chronomancer
9. Berserker

OP classes this season?

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

People is giving too much credit to Thief.

Elementalist will take the 5th slot (after druid reve scrapper and necro)

Just wait when tournaments will be casted again.

Core Team will be

Druid
Scrapper
Reaper
Tempest
Herald

And sadly I’m not really sure Bunker Cancer Mesmer will totally disappear.

For sure Warrior is out.

(edited by philheat.3956)

OP classes this season?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

My prediction
1. Scrapper
2. Druid
3. Reaper

4. Herald
5. Daredevil

6. Dragonhunter
7. Tempest

8. Chronomancer
9. Berserker

I agree with this list, though, any one of Tier 3 should replace Thief in Tier 2 imo.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

OP classes this season?

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

My prediction
1. Scrapper
2. Druid
3. Reaper

4. Herald
5. Daredevil

6. Dragonhunter
7. Tempest

8. Chronomancer
9. Berserker

I agree with this list, though, any one of Tier 3 should replace Thief in Tier 2 imo.

I disagree. it’s an excellent list. theif is incredible in the hands of a good player.

if i were to modify it, i would give warrior a new teir caller ‘WHY?’

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria