Who was ineligible and for what reason?

Also, that really sucks that they can’t compete. Great group of guys :/

Vöz – “Stand in the red circles, they heal you”
YOUTUBE.COM/VOZTACTICS

ouch read this! pax tourny news

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Was a pretty big shock opening up the dev tracker. Because of Xeph?
There was enough discussion before the tournament about these rules and disqualifying now…???

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

My question is who fights who now?

CC vs Sync or what?

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: Krilce.7864

Krilce.7864

Weren’t they able to check everything before actual qualifiers? Another organization mistake, along with the famous bo5.

Also, does this mean that CC will be attending, instead of TC, or are NA players winning automatically? If it’s later, I think it will destroy any kind of hope of this game becoming competitive enough, because of lack of promotion/money/ppl that actually follow this game. This will bring nothing good.

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Next

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

It’s a terrible shame that you guys could not have done your proper checking prior to the tournament.

My other statement is, how does CC now qualify for the tournament?

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

It’s a terrible shame that you guys could not have done your proper checking prior to the tournament.

CC came in second place. So since the first place is disqualified….

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

CC came in second place. So since the first place is disqualified….

Was CC the only team to play against TC?

in PvP

Posted by: DevO.9854

DevO.9854

you mean its a terrible shame the player in question let his/her team down by not getting the proper paper work done.

in PvP

Defektive.7283

On the second day, yes.

First day, TP/TC played but CC didn’t.

Saturday TP/TC won their bracket, Sunday CC won theirs.

Then they competed for spot #1. It makes logical sense for CC to advance.
Otherwise we’re going to have to redo the whole bracket from where TP/TC started in order to give every team a fair chance – which is probably rather difficult.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

On the second day, yes.

Otherwise we’re going to have to redo the whole bracket from where TP/TC started in order to give every team a fair chance – which is probably rather difficult.

It’s not an open race, it was a tournament format. If a player is ineligible all of their wins should be over turned. There potentially could have been someone who TC beat that could win against CC.

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

you mean its a terrible shame the player in question let his/her team down by not getting the proper paper work done.

It’s a terrible shame that someone submitted the paper work and wasn’t stopped before the tournament.

in PvP

Defektive.7283

On the second day, yes.

It’s not an open race, it was a tournament format. If a player is ineligible all of their wins should be over turned. There potentially could have been someone who TC beat that could win against CC.

Ya I agree but then you’re asking them to redo a whole tournament bracket of minimum 8 teams. Ontop of that, the new winners have to then figure out their travel plans in 2.5 weeks, this includes getting the proper paperwork in order and having a lawyer look over it.

At this point in time, I don’t think its feasible, hence why CC gets to go.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

(edited by Defektive.7283)

in PvP

Posted by: Nix.3152

Nix.3152

i am just interested this is racism or what? why you cant play if you are not in eu or na?

“You need actively react to the passives” (GW2 PvP 2013)

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

i am just interested this is racism or what? why you cant play if you are not in eu or na?

Legal restrictions, but what’s more interesting is why they waited until now to disqualify them.

It wasn’t a big secret that some questioned how Xeph qualified prior to the tournament. It’s not possible that A-Net didn’t know this prior to the tournament.

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

Well anyone TP beat during the tournament would of had a chance against CC in that crazy awesome Bo5 so they should still get to try.

A whole 6 teams got screwed if you think about it.

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: ertugrul.8031

ertugrul.8031

This is a fiasco, did Anet tell to TC that disqualification is one of the possibilities BEFORE the matches and TC chose to take that risk ?

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

On the second day, yes.

Ya I agree but then you’re asking them to redo a whole tournament bracket of minimum 8 teams. Ontop of that, the new winners have to then figure out their travel plans in 2.5 weeks, this includes getting the proper paperwork in order and having a lawyer look over it.

I guess that makes sense, although I don’t want to speak for the teams who lost to TC. Who knows if they would all have been able put that information together, some may have been.

in PvP

Defektive.7283

On the second day, yes.

I guess that makes sense, although I don’t want to speak for the teams who lost to TC. Who knows if they would all have been able put that information together, some may have been.

Ya, but its better to play is safe with PAX so close.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Lowellollipop.5817

Lowellollipop.5817

This is crazy…

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

This is crazy…

Not as crazy as those rabbit ears…where are they?

in PvP

Posted by: Med.6150

Med.6150

I am wondering whether CCs documentation has been put through the same level of scrutiny, since nobody at Anet could have foreseen TC getting disqualified until now.

Is it possible that they (Car Crash) will turn out to be ineligible as well?

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

lol car crash for eu^^

wasnt they even quitting?

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

I am wondering whether CCs documentation has been put through the same level of scrutiny, since nobody at Anet could have foreseen TC getting disqualified until now.

Wondering that as well, and if they have confirmed that they will attend now.
It’s all unfortunate I’d imagine it’s a headache on Anets side.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Anyone who signed up for the qualifiers knows that mist league hosted them and not Anet. The extent of the qualifications to go to pax was the leader of the team clicking “I agree that all members of this team are above 18 and are in an eligible location—click to see list if eligible locations.”

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: ertugrul.8031

ertugrul.8031

This is a fiasco, did Anet tell to TC that disqualification is one of the possibilities BEFORE the matches and TC chose to take that risk ?

I really want to know this ^^ Can we have an official answer to this ?

in PvP

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

Previous

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Next

While we were investigating the eligibility of TC, we did the same diligence for CC so that in case of an issue we had our backup plan in place. CC will be eligible and will be playing.

in PvP

Posted by: Med.6150

Med.6150

While we were investigating the eligibility of TC, we did the same diligence for CC so that in case of an issue we had our backup plan in place. CC will be eligible and will be playing.

Good job and thanks for the quick response.

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.7893

Benjamin.7893

2 pug teams playing the final amazing

in PvP

Posted by: ThatShortGuy.4672

ThatShortGuy.4672

Sorry to hear the terrible news TC. You fought well so keep it up!

Looking forward to an awesome match between SYNC and CC!

That Cloaked One / That Phantom Memser / That Dark One
ThatShortGuy.com

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

Drama wars 2 , amazing. I think that gw2 has more future as a drama series than as an ezport, u should do some pilot episode featuring Xeph the star (Episode 1 – Dreams Shattered).
You will probable get a lot more viewers than with this aoe spam festival xD .
Now i can’t stop laughing … and i need to work now… Dam you all.

in PvP

Posted by: Darkdanjal.3401

Darkdanjal.3401

honestly ArenaNet big fail on your part, TP or as it is now Team Curse is by far the best team on EU, I enjoyed every match of them and now they are not THERE, its a bunch of bull kitten….there goes my interest on PAX and Im sure many players will follow.

kind regards

Darkdanjal

in PvP

Defektive.7283

honestly ArenaNet big fail on your part, TP or as it is now Team Curse is by far the best team on EU, I enjoyed every match of them and now they are not THERE, its a bunch of bull kitten….there goes my interest on PAX and Im sure many players will follow.

kind regards

Darkdanjal

Seriously? It’s not Arenanets fault, if anything you should write to the UAE and complain.

Who cares if they are the best, worst, or mediocre if they can’t get permission from their own government to play.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Xeph.4513

Xeph.4513

kind regards

Darkdanjal

Seriously? It’s not Arenanets fault, if anything you should write to the UAE and complain.

Who cares if they are the best, worst, or mediocre if they can’t get permission from their own government to play.

This has nothing to do with the UAE, since we are allowed to compete outside our country, and we have done so in a lot of lan events in the states, its just that Arenanet hadn’t drawn up contracts for Asian countries.

http://www.wcg.com/6th/history/wcg2004/wcg2004_players.asp (In the USA, check under counter-strike condition zero and u will see that the UAE participated.) please check that sort of information before posting

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

(edited by Xeph.4513)

in PvP

Darkdanjal.3401

@Xeph, I was curieus about the topic so I still went and searched for it, its a shame and I lost all interest for pax now…. I hope to see you all soon again because if anyone in EU should be there its your team

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

2 pug teams playing the final amazing

CC a pug? Clueless people everywhere.

in PvP

Defektive.7283

kind regards

Darkdanjal

This has nothing to do with the UAE, since we are allowed to compete outside our country, and we have done so in a lot of lan events in the states, its just that Arenanet hadn’t drawn up contracts for Asian countries.

Well then, that’s a flub that should have been hammered out upon tournament entry.

Was the UAE on the registered list of countries that could participate? Or did you guys assume.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Darkdanjal.3401

@Defektive, sorry but I DO CARE, if you watched all the matches and supported for them very intesly its a big bummer they arent there, I think you understand that….

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

cool tourny bro

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Sigh. Only way to overcome this semi-failure is, on the next tourney, 10x the prize pool, add some unique reward to the winners, and watch the number of teams rise. Hell even PvErs will tag along

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow Dragon Ad.2409

Shadow Dragon Ad.2409

Just to clarify this for anyone that is wondering what happened from our end I’ll go through some details. We contacted the tournament organiser (Mist League) before the tournament about Xeph being eligible to participate in the tournament and were given the green light by them. This was on the condition that he would be in Seattle and have his own accommodation paid for the duration of the event.

A few days after the qualification tournament we were contacted by ArenaNet saying that their lawyer had brought up some issues with Xeph participating and that he would not be eligible to go. We then made a rush to find a substitute player who had all the proper documentation within time; we succeeded in doing so and thought there would be no further issues.

Despite us confirming with the tournament organiser it wouldn’t be an issue; as well as finding a subsitute on short demand, we were later informed by ArenaNet we would not going to be going to PAX. This was on the condition that Car Crash could get all their documentation in on time. As can be seen by the announcement they succeeded in doing so and now have a place at PAX in favour of Curse.

Everyone on the team is obviously greatly disheartened by the outcome of these events, however Curse shall continue to be involved in the competitive Guild Wars 2 scene with a full roster.

Shadowplasm – Thief
Daphne Laureola – Necromancer

in PvP

Posted by: DXIEdge.2789

DXIEdge.2789

I was under the impression you were good to go Xeph

This is a sad day for the tPVP community and for PAX. Curse would’ve been the best team to represent the game.

Now i fear the worst

R40! Ele/Ranger for GW2 Esports Guild
@DXIEdge on twitter.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

I hate that it happened because its very unfortunate. It’s refreshing to know that you guys will still keep playing in spite of this.

The game needs more tournaments like this hosted in game so restrictions like these don’t stop the arguably best team from competing.

[SoF]

(edited by Lux.7169)

in PvP

Posted by: Ironcloud.3892

Ironcloud.3892

After seeing how happy they were after winning, this is pretty kitten depressing. It really does suck that this wasn’t resolved before the qualifiers.

At least this diminishes the whole Anet favoritism conspiracy, so that’s good… I guess.

(edited by Ironcloud.3892)

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Another hit to the community. How much more can we take?

Next time you’re gonna do an ‘official’ invitational, do it officially……. As in organising it yourself so we can avoid this from happening. It might be the fault of Mistleague, but you are the ones who gave them the organisation. Atleast that’s how it seems.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

Just to clarify this for anyone that is wondering what happened from our end I’ll go through some details. We contacted the tournament organiser (Mist League) before the tournament about Xeph being eligible to participate in the tournament and were given the green light by them. This was on the condition that he would be in Seattle and have his own accommodation paid for the duration of the event.

A few days after the qualification tournament we were contacted by ArenaNet saying that their lawyer had brought up some issues with Xeph participating and that he would not be eligible to go. We then made a rush to find a substitute player who had all the proper documentation within time; we succeeded in doing so and thought there would be no further issues.

Despite us confirming with the tournament organiser it wouldn’t be an issue; as well as finding a subsitute on short demand, we were later informed by ArenaNet we would not going to be going to PAX. This was on the condition that Car Crash could get all their documentation in on time. As can be seen by the announcement they succeeded in doing so and now have a place at PAX in favour of Curse.

Everyone on the team is obviously greatly disheartened by the outcome of these events, however Curse shall continue to be involved in the competitive Guild Wars 2 scene with a full roster.

Did Mistleague not know the rules required to participate or did they confer with A-Net before saying he was good to go?

in PvP

Posted by: Vyndetta.9415

Vyndetta.9415

dam man, I wanted Xeph to buy me icecream
For real though that really sucks and I’m sorry it happened to you guys. Well, gl and hf to CC.

Vyndetta – Ranger- [SYNC]

in PvP

Posted by: Vyndetta.9415

Vyndetta.9415

I was under the impression you were good to go Xeph

This is a sad day for the tPVP community and for PAX. Curse would’ve been the best team to represent the game.

thisss hue /cry /cry

Vyndetta – Ranger- [SYNC]