October Update will be a big improvement!

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

So, they had something that was critically acclaimed and loved by people who tried it. Then, they created the next version and instead of listening to the community, they went in a completely different direction.

Everything that was comfortable about the last version, they changed and dumbed down for the sake of a “cleaner ui” and “easier to understand”. In the process, they alientated their core fanbase and I believe the current amount of users is a testament to that.

Now, in 15 days, they are finally listening to the community and adding in some of the features that we’ve been begging for since beta.

I can’t wait for the changes, but I still think it will be a long way from what the community wants.

Of course, I’m talking about Windows 8.1

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

(edited by felivear.1536)

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Proof that software design is harder than people (who have never written a line of code in their life) think it is.

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

You know what’s funny about this? Is that windows 8 is actually pretty good.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

w8.1 confirmed for espahts

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

The problem with Windows 8 is that it was entirely designed around what suited Microsoft and not what suited users. Windows 8.1 looks to rectify some of that.

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

So, they had something that was critically acclaimed and loved by people who tried it. Then, they created the next version and instead of listening to the community, they went in a completely different direction.

Everything that was comfortable about the last version, they changed and dumbed down for the sake of a “cleaner ui” and “easier to understand”. In the process, they alientated their core fanbase and I believe the current amount of users is a testament to that.

Now, in 15 days, they are finally listening to the community and adding in some of the features that we’ve been begging for since beta.

I can’t wait for the changes, but I still think it will be a long way from what the community wants.

Of course, I’m talking about Windows 8.1

Before I read the last sentence, my toughts were “wtf is he talking about?” xD

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

They went to a different direction because the resources was shifted to support the game mode that actually made guild wars 1 successful which was PvE.

also, prepare to be disappointed, ppl that. People never learn, don’t hype stuff it only leads to disappointment, 1 patch isn’t going to suddenly change things, it takes a while for a lot of changes to actually show change.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

Just got my new laptop, it had windows 8 with that annoying feature that prevents you from booting via dvd to install other operating systems. I completely wiped it and installed fedora on it just so i could install seven. That’s how much i despise it.

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

They went to a different direction because the resources was shifted to support the game mode that actually made guild wars 1 successful which was PvE.

also, prepare to be disappointed, ppl that. People never learn, don’t hype stuff it only leads to disappointment, 1 patch isn’t going to suddenly change things, it takes a while for a lot of changes to actually show change.

Lol, son got trolled

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Windows Phone 8.1 only on the first quarter of 2014

in PvP

Posted by: DrTenma.7249

DrTenma.7249

10/10.

in PvP

silvermember.8941

Lol, son got trolled

That isn’t really troll, since the op was attempting to be clever but ended up making an extremely obvious connections between 2 products that a subset of the market seems to believe did not live up to their expectations due to not listening and now that they are listening things will “change”.

Trolling is only trolling if it is clever, this is not.

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

w8 is gonna be esports before gw2, and yes I’m talking in a serious way.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Wut.
The vast majority of trolling is kittened kitten people do just to annoy others…

in PvP

silvermember.8941

Wut.
The vast majority of trolling is kittened kitten people do just to annoy others…

The concept of trolling it to say something clever or a ruse to generate an emotionally charge response.

The point being there is a fine line between trolling and being obnoxious. For example, you like to think you are a troll, but you are simply just obnoxious.

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Wut.

The concept of trolling it to say something clever or a ruse to generate an emotionally charge response.

The point being there is a fine line between trolling and being obnoxious. For example, you like to think you are a troll, but you are simply just obnoxious.

Yeah yeah, you got got.

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

I have windows 8 right now. I hate it. ITs so kittenign confusing!!! Why can’t they have everything on the home screen! Why did they make it all blocky and it goes to different menus and screens ugh.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I see what you’ve done here..you’ve used Window 8.1 as a code word for xbox1. Very clever.

Also on a side note, I run windows 8 on touch screen with voice input and remote. If you use it in that sense it is efficient, if you just use keyboard/mouse..well, it’s not ideal.

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

I didnt even try w8. Here’s my take on Windows.

Every other … ‘edition’ they attempt to innovate, and release a 1/2 baked product. The next edition will fix most of the problems with the new innovations.

Windows2000 (good)
Windows ME (…)
Windows XP (good)
Windows Vista (…)
Windows 7 (good)
Windows 8… i hear not so good, but i didnt fall for it this time.

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

you know wat. iphone 5 was released in september ’12 and we get the kittening iphone 5s september ’13

that’s software and hardware design.