Of there was a banning faze

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

Which 2 classes you would try to ban in every raked/unranked game?

I would go with either of these: ele, ranger. engi or revenant. Their infinite sustain+damage playstyle is cancerous and ruins lots of games for me.

How about you?

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in PvP

Posted by: Koru.8574

Koru.8574

id ban w/e class u main

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

id ban w/e class u main

Well, thieves are pretty op, so alright.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in PvP

Posted by: Garion.1725

Garion.1725

If you play thief, you should have no problem with revenants and eles, just sayin

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Regon don’t lie and say you main thief you just picked it up recently.. You main DH

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon don’t lie and say you main thief you just picked it up recently.. You main DH

So, if you pick a new class and play it the most often currently, then that isn’t your main?

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

In unranked, Ban Eles and Warriors for sure. Just cause’ removing them takes fer fookin ever.

But it’s not really feasible to have a ban phase unless there’s a pick phase after, and people are already used to deciding what they’ll play BEFORE they get into a map.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

I wouldn’t Ban a certain class, I would ban multiples of anything.

Neither my team or the other is allowed to have more then one of any class. I am willing to wait for the queue time.

Or at the very least never more then two.

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

It won’t work on this game due to how the classes/game work.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

So, if you pick a new class and play it the most often currently, then that isn’t your main?

Your main is the one you have the most experience on. Like for season 1 and 2 I mostly played rev but my main was still reaper.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

Would be better if we could ban amulets from classes

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

Definately warrior. Coz f warrior.

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

nothing needs to be banned. in a long time we have anything representing a decent balance in which all classes have thier part in the game. Sure some are played more frequently then others in higher divisions but it’s going in the right direction. what we need is build diversity.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’d ban Engis for ridiculous sustain and constant interrupt with no real effort. Did I mention OP stomps?

Seriously though, this idea would narrow an already small slice of players willing to pvp regularly. The community needs to encourage and not discourage players.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Id ban druids cuz I hates them & all their rupts, dazes, knock backs and healings oh yea and their stupid pets. But mostly I’d just ban premades they are the worst, I hate them the most.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I really like the idea of banning premades. It would reduce some of the extreme imbalances in matchmaking. An all solo queue would be a much better test of individual player skill as well.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

With your post, you will get this:

Rock want to banned Paper.
Scissor want to banned Rock.
Paper want to banned Scissor.

Actually, all meta build got 2 others build that counter them.

Every meta build got counters.

Actually, we don’t need to ban “classes” we need to work on classes to create more VIABLE meta build.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

id ban w/e class u main

This guy gets it

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Regon, please just stop posting ideas. They are terrible and your “experience” obviously means nothing if you think it’s a smart idea.

Other games can do banning phases because their games were designed with that in mind, gw2 was not and a ban phase would destroy it.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon, please just stop posting ideas. They are terrible and your “experience” obviously means nothing if you think it’s a smart idea.

Other games can do banning phases because their games were designed with that in mind, gw2 was not and a ban phase would destroy it.

Please, don’t reply with useless words. Terrible opinions don’t matter to me.

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

It’s not an opinion if it’s true.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in PvP

Posted by: Allison The Strange.4519

Allison The Strange.4519

This isn’t league of Legends… I agree pick/ban is beyond a stupid idea for a game with only 9 classes… Not even banning amulets should be considered… Or banning anything… Just no… Go back to LoL or dota or w/e kids are playing these days OP…

what we need is build diversity.

This, 100% this… This all day every day… Then some more at night… Lack of build diversity has driven me away from PvP… Of my 2.8k games 8 of them were from season 3… Lack of build diversity is more balanced, but it is extremely less fun… If it isn’t fun I don’t care how balanced it is, I won’t play it…

Actually, we don’t need to ban “classes” we need to work on classes to create more VIABLE meta build.

100% agreed… Shave current existing skills & traits that causing current meta builds to be wildly successful and slowly buff up the skills & traits that see little or no use in PvP… Stop quarterly patches & do them monthly with many slight tweaks… Do quarterly updates for major trait updates and the like (like what was done with the ranger shouts).

(edited by Allison The Strange.4519)

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Which 2 classes you would try to ban in every raked/unranked game?

I would go with either of these: ele, ranger. engi or revenant. Their infinite sustain+damage playstyle is cancerous and ruins lots of games for me.

How about you?

Are you for real? Is this what is left of the sPvP community have devolved into. Players taking about banning classes from matches? kittenOLOLOLOL!

Sad days indeed for GW2’s sPvP if this is the case. Come on guys, no class should be removed, instead yall that are left should be trying to promote ANet making balances to the classes, not taking them completely out of the game mode. Are yall really trying yalls best to have a hand in the complete destruction of GW2’s sPvP mode?

This thread is nearly worthy of being a classic.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

I’m all for champion banning in ranked it would do two major things.

1. It would be an unbiased poll of what players agree is op or unbalanced
2. it would reduce player toxicity as players would have to understand their loss was their teams fault based on bans and gameplay They cant say necro gg if they ban mesmer.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

Well, why so many special snowflakes think this is a suggestion?
This is “what if” thread,

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

While your question may be hypothetical it’s clear it has a suggestive element.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Regon Phoenix.8215

While your question may be hypothetical it’s clear it has a suggestive element.

Assuming your assumed assumption of assuming is assumed right.