Off Season: Unranked vs Ranked Arena

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Hi,

We are almost at half of Second Test Season (1 month left more or less) and i’d like to see your opinions about the next Off Season.

Off Season should be used to improve like a player/team to show your progress in the next Offical pvp Season.

Point is, a Leaderboard in off season is not really usefull, there are no rewards linked to it, and this creates a low appeal in ranked matches and there is no really difference in off season between unranked and ranked arena.

There is basically the same structure and it’s not really good for matchmaking and queue time because population tends to split in 2 queues basically very very similar.

I’d like to see a difference in off season, like a cyclical patch to use for off season.

Which options do you guys would appreciate?

1_ unranked: soloqueue ranked: duo-trio-full team
2_ unranked: duo-trio-full team ranked: soloqueue
3_ unranked: soloqueue ranked: soloqueue
4_ same like now
5_ other

Let me know.

in PvP

Posted by: Poliator.7021

Poliator.7021

I would make this:

Unranked Queue being as it is right now.
“Two” Ranked Queues. One will be the exact Ranked Queue we have right now. Second one would be a “full team” Queue.

I find this more reasonable knowing we are getting Guild Leaderboards (which can maybe, only maybe, tease a full team Queue). Moreover, a full team Queue separated from the actual Ranked Queue would drain the ammount of full premade teams that there is right now on the Queues.

So yeah, summing it up: Unranked no changes – Ranked no changes – “full team queue” Ranked.

P.S.: yeah, it’s true that in offseason there is no real difference between Ranked and Unranked. Maybe a good Leaderboard should solve this, as you can see your progress between seasons, I guess.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I understand your proposal but maybe 3 queues are too much for gw spvp population atm

Considering Stronghold in the future (and it deserves his own queue) splitting too much the community now could generate more disadvantages than advantages.

I ’d prefer to think about only 2 queues atm

Btw i take your choice for 5_ option

in PvP

Posted by: nightblood.7910

nightblood.7910

I personally dont think solo queue will be fixed ever as long as it is based on win/loss rating for match making at all. (unless its not but from what I can tell that and time away are highly part of it.)

I said in another post I would like to see avg points per match and have matchmaking part of this.

Because if you are a solo queue runner that really is your personal performance and says a lot more about you as a player than win/loss ratios.

IE (I know weve all been there) scoring some extraordinary amount of points on a losing team. What does the loss reflect on you?

And from the looks of things even the leaderboard is on win/loss ratios. That doesnt tell me anything about that player specifically other than luck of the draw may have been on their side or they have a great team they are on.

I am fairly new and jumped in ranked for a minute and then jumped back out as I needed some more work. Still none the less, it just doesnt make sense to me how win/loss says anything about a specific player. Now a team, win/loss ratios are very tell tale of that team, but has nothing to say about individual players.

(edited by nightblood.7910)