Off season difference: ranked and unranked

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

So usually when the season ends ranked is unavailable to play, but this time it has been left on. So what is the difference between playing ranked and unranked now out of season?

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Ranked has always been available off season as far as I can recall. It uses the same MMR but premades are allowed again.

in PvP

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

Ranked features the usual ranked pvp maps, unranked has the ranked maps + the unranked maps (like colosseum).

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

So usually when the season ends ranked is unavailable to play, but this time it has been left on. So what is the difference between playing ranked and unranked now out of season?

I came here to get the same answer.

I want to know if the MMR from Ranked Season is used for Off-Season or it’s another MMR.

I think that the rating or MMR from the Season, should be available in unranked and in ranked off-season. Just don’t affect leaderboard or badges for those two.

That way, the system would be more transparent and would help players to take the good decision regarding their rating.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

Is Ranked still 1-2 vs full group for Unranked?