Official evidence for nerfing rangers

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Hi everyone,

Henry back again. How are we all doing?

I did some research over the last week and was shocked by the results. A large number of people want ranger pets to be nerfed alot. My research showed that a 30% nerf to the damage of all pets in pvp would be acceptable to players.

Having collected the data, i ran the numbers and found that druids were overperforming by between 11 and 32% in ranked pvp matches. With the pet being responsible for most of this overperformance. I was shocked by these results, but the facts speak for themselves.

Ranger pets need big nerfs.

Any thoughts and opinions are welcome.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Henry

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

There is no opinion to be had. Your math looks solid Henry. Thank you for opening my eyes on the matter.

in PvP

Posted by: HipposWild.7185

HipposWild.7185

Lol love your confidence intervals

#1 of all #1 players as ranked by a fair and unbiased committee

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

There is no opinion to be had. Your math looks solid Henry. Thank you for opening my eyes on the matter.

No problem. I have been getting some initial data on engis too. But i am not ready to share it yet. I want to make sure that all my evidence is water tight before i move it into the public domain. Look out for that next week. Of course the patch might change things. And i might have to redo a few calculations.

in PvP

Posted by: Demandred.7930

Demandred.7930

Yes, sometimes it does seem like ranger pets are better at pvp than me.

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Indeed these porcines are leaving no ground unturned.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Can we see some of those research results and how you collected them?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: lloydst.6985

lloydst.6985

While not supported by true facts any one playing can see this is the truth however rangers that play into this are rare as the tanky decap ranger is more common currently but after celes nerf i doubt druid healing wil make up for the insane dmg of all the hybrid builds upcoming with the next meta

roaming/havoc commander of FTF

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Yes, sometimes it does seem like ranger pets are better at pvp than me.

This was another sentiment i came across quite alot during my research. It doesnt seem like a healthy state of affairs. There is also an issue that the number of people who hate fighting rangers is now up to 42%. Only 2 months ago it was only 21%. This is a shocking rise in such a short period. I have my team keeping an eye on this stat to make sure it doesnt keep spiking up. Some are nervous, but i think the worst could be behind us.

in PvP

Demandred.7930

This was another sentiment i came across quite alot during my research. It doesnt seem like a healthy state of affairs. There is also an issue that the number of people who hate fighting rangers is now up to 42%. Only 2 months ago it was only 21%. This is a shocking rise in such a short period. I have my team keeping an eye on this stat to make sure it doesnt keep spiking up. Some are nervous, but i think the worst could be behind us.

That is horrendous indeed. I move that we replace those people by ranger pets immediately, lest this stat quadruples to 168% by the end of the next season.

(edited by Demandred.7930)

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

One of my team is compiling the document. It should be available soon.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Anet: Elite specs won’t be a pure upgrade, it will just offer a different way to play the class.

Gives druid new pets that are vastly superior to the non-HoT pets to the point that every druid only runs the druid pets.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

Anet: Elite specs won’t be a pure upgrade, it will just offer a different way to play the class.

Gives druid new pets that are vastly superior to the non-HoT pets to the point that every druid only runs the druid pets.

You might not know but any ranger can use those pets.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Dear Henry,

Thank you for your detailed and undisputable evidence. It seems you are quite the professional in regards to data collection and interpretation with guild wars 2. I believe the community may be in need of your services. I heard ominous tellings of certain mini pets aiding adventurers in fights such as in world vs world. Commanders of Jade Quarry believe super monkeys are currently the strongest mini pet they have encountered. Unfortunately this damage is insidious as no mere gamer can see it in the damage logs. Someone with an insightful eye, like yourself, may be able to shed light on this issue.

Thank you for considering this proposal. I hope you enjoyed your weekend.

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Druid is not even that strong in the current Meta since Revenant counters them and Druid’s “op pet” can never kill a Bunk Chrono or a decent Bunk Tempest anyway.
(If those 3 classes lose / killed by Druid 1 v1, it’s 100% l2p issue on their part)

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Just because you can’t ignore pets doesn’t mean they’re OP. Sorry they aren’t trash like they used to be. Get over it and learn to play.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Hi everyone,

Henry back again. How are we all doing?

I did some research over the last week and was shocked by the results. A large number of people want ranger pets to be nerfed alot. My research showed that a 30% nerf to the damage of all pets in pvp would be acceptable to players.

Having collected the data, i ran the numbers and found that druids were overperforming by between 11 and 32% in ranked pvp matches. With the pet being responsible for most of this overperformance. I was shocked by these results, but the facts speak for themselves.

Ranger pets need big nerfs.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Henry

Where is the evidience? I just see claims without any facts to back it up.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’d like to see that research and the method. Statistics can be twisted to say anything you want them to.

(Though I admit, I’d love to see rangers slapped down.)

I ought to know, I once did a project for a large corporation showing a 30% improvement in performance. It was pure smoke and mirrors, all we did was present the statistics differently.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

There are lies, kitten lies, then statistics!

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

This is one of those things that I’m shocked anet didn’t address. Druid would be okay, with the buffs and nerfs. Usually my death screen against a ranger is 90% pet DMG and then bleeding, likely from the pet

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Just because you can’t ignore pets doesn’t mean they’re OP. Sorry they aren’t trash like they used to be. Get over it and learn to play.

Just because you skipped math doesnt mean you cant use a calculator to see the 2 new ones are simply overstated compared to other 30 pets. Sorry but their f2 abilities are also overperforming. Get over it and try to think of good balance.

Ps, wb henry

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Only reason druid is usable this meta is because they have decent pets.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

It would be nice to see…atm it looks as if he pulled these numbers outta his kitten

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in PvP

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Ranger pets poisoned our water supply, burned our crops and delivered a plague unto our houses!

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Demandred.7930

Careful Sir, this gal is a notorious thief. She might steal your data.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

“Official evidence for nerfing rangers” title should be: “Claims about evidence for nerfing rangers”
But really this is just a propaganda type of attempt or troll

in PvP

Demandred.7930

“Official evidence for nerfing rangers” title should be: “Claims about evidence for nerfing rangers”

It is my pleasure to inform you that the truthfulness of your answer is somewhere between 50 and 100%.

in PvP

Ashkew.6584

It is my pleasure to inform you that the truthfulness of your answer is somewhere between 50 and 100%.

I’m glad i gave you some pleasure.
On a more relevant note to this topic, i do think there should be looked at the relation between damage of pets and armor of the ranger. Being able to hit for 10k or more while being a tank isn’t healthy.

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

This math looks rock-solid. Trust me, I’m Asian.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

in PvP

Cynz.9437

you didn’t just write it…<_<

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

Druid is not even that strong in the current Meta since Revenant counters them and Druid’s “op pet” can never kill a Bunk Chrono or a decent Bunk Tempest anyway.
(If those 3 classes lose / killed by Druid 1 v1, it’s 100% l2p issue on their part)

Haha, your pet can’t kill a bunker? That’s a shame. Neither can half of my team which .. you know consists of actual players.

Optimise [OP]

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Dont worry, when the report is published you wont be saying this

in PvP

Ashkew.6584

You’re right, and when you publish research instead of conclusions drawn from research you’re not showing yet, i won’t.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

You’re right, and when you publish research instead of conclusions drawn from research you’re not showing yet, i won’t.

I dont understand. I work tirelessly for the community and get no thanks at all. Who else is conducting research into the games balance in a completely unbiassed and scientific way? Yet nobody tells me “gj henry” or “thank you so much henry” or “you are awesome henry”. It is a disgrace

in PvP

Posted by: Berry Pun Pup.6904

Berry Pun Pup.6904

gj henry, thank you so much henry, you are awesome henry. It is a disgrace

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

gj henry, thank you so much henry, you are awesome henry. It is a disgrace

Not very sincere is it?

in PvP

Ashkew.6584

I dont understand. I work tirelessly for the community and get no thanks at all. Who else is conducting research into the games balance in a completely unbiassed and scientific way? Yet nobody tells me “gj henry” or “thank you so much henry” or “you are awesome henry”. It is a disgrace

i done some research too, 30% of the community wants necro out of the game, 23% wants there damage reduced by 67%. On top of that 95% thinks necro’s look scary and want them to look like a panda bear instead, preferably with a pink head.
I personally am shocked by these results but facts speak for themselves.

ps. trust me im from internet

in PvP

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

lol , so many druids spotted

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

in PvP

kuritsutian.2987

you didn’t just write it…<_<

lol not hard to tell, been here a couple of weeks and noticed already :P

in PvP

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Just because you skipped math doesnt mean you cant use a calculator to see the 2 new ones are simply overstated compared to other 30 pets. Sorry but their f2 abilities are also overperforming. Get over it and try to think of good balance.

Ps, wb henry

They’re not overperforming, every other pet is underperforming.

God forbid you actually have to pay attention to ranger pets now instead of just ignoring them.

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Attention craving disorder?

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Ps, wb henry

They’re not overperforming, every other pet is underperforming.

God forbid you actually have to pay attention to ranger pets now instead of just ignoring them.

What kind of nonsense is this? You always had to pay attention to the pet thanks to multiple CCs and bird hitting like truck.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

It’s a troll.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

i already considered pets that did 2-5k dmg on their “burst” abilities , knockdowns other cc’s with animations as pretty good pets.

but now we have pets who do 7-10k+ dmg every 10-15seconds, unblockable knocks, evades, permanent quickness, permanent 25 might. All this with druid having incredible control, best self sustain and decent damage for a “support”.

#prayforbristlebackandrevenantpetnerf.

(edited by Covis.6037)

in PvP

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

This thread is so stupid.

If you actually did do research on ranger the class not ranger the official forum you would have noticed that hat only 2 pets are being complained about and that the 43 other pets rangers have are almost not being used at all in high end pvp.
This fact alone shout tell you about how bad and poorly made the ranger pets are (the ranger class mechanic), because only the 2 pets are able to reliably pressure a moving enemy and because of that they draw forum qq.
All pets should be able to do this like the smokescale and bristilback can and land attacks regardless if the target is standing still or running.
Therefore your statement that all ranger pets need a nerf is not based on actual meaningful analysis, and the only thing that needs a nerf is bristilback’s auto attacks (the are homing) and their skills 3 (that can instagib if you stand on top of it when he casts).

Also op gathering forum data is so stupid because ppl usually post on here when they have negative things to say, when everything is aok no one voices their opinion. Take a look at the thief forums, even when the thief was nerfed and no longer op (aka more or less balanced) ppl here were still crying for nerfs because the class takes some thought to counter (rotation and map awareness and knowledge about the class itself), but some refused to do that and just qq more so the thief got more nerfs.
Same situation with the 2 ranger pets (minus the bristilback nerfs i listed) ppl actually need to learn how to counterplay thees 2 pets because they can hit you even while you are moving, which the other pets cannot.

see no evil ,until i stab you

in PvP

Cynz.9437

^^rest of the pets are not good so it is ok to exploit broken pets

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

This thread is so stupid.

If you actually did do research on ranger the class not ranger the official forum you would have noticed that hat only 2 pets are being complained about and that the 43 other pets rangers have are almost not being used at all in high end pvp.
This fact alone shout tell you about how bad and poorly made the ranger pets are (the ranger class mechanic), because only the 2 pets are able to reliably pressure a moving enemy and because of that they draw forum qq.
All pets should be able to do this like the smokescale and bristilback can and land attacks regardless if the target is standing still or running.
Therefore your statement that all ranger pets need a nerf is not based on actual meaningful analysis, and the only thing that needs a nerf is bristilback’s auto attacks (the are homing) and their skills 3 (that can instagib if you stand on top of it when he casts).

Also op gathering forum data is so stupid because ppl usually post on here when they have negative things to say, when everything is aok no one voices their opinion. Take a look at the thief forums, even when the thief was nerfed and no longer op (aka more or less balanced) ppl here were still crying for nerfs because the class takes some thought to counter (rotation and map awareness and knowledge about the class itself), but some refused to do that and just qq more so the thief got more nerfs.
Same situation with the 2 ranger pets (minus the bristilback nerfs i listed) ppl actually need to learn how to counterplay thees 2 pets because they can hit you even while you are moving, which the other pets cannot.

Aaand here comes the guy who didnt understand the joke. I was waiting for that someone.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

kuritsutian.2987

… only 2 pets are being complained about and that the 43 other pets rangers have are almost not being used at all in high end pvp.

Are you saying you don’t see the problem here?

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

i already considered pets that did 2-5k dmg on their “burst” abilities , knockdowns other cc’s with animations as pretty good pets.

but now we have pets who do 7-10k+ dmg every 10-15seconds, unblockable knocks, evades, permanent quickness, permanent 25 might. All this with druid having incredible control, best self sustain and decent damage for a “support”.

This guy is a sapphier or ruby dude who knows nothing about how the real world goes lol..

So 2.5 seconds quickness every 16 seconds, an elite that requires Bristleback f2 on a 48 cd that gives you some might for 15 secs, providing all attacks lands = perma quickness and perma 25 mights lol…

Best sustain lol.. (Mesmer, Tempest, Revenant outsustain Druid with superior mechanic such as evade, infinite stability, )
Your so-called best sustain got ripped through by Revenant in 2 seconds. (Banish Enchantment spam 18 stacks confusion + 6 cover condition in 2 seconds), which in a +1 situation you could die instantly if the opponent has half a brain.
All Druid’s cleanse has a delay of 2~2.5 seconds (Glyphs, seed of life).

Druid’s “only” stun-break has a cd of 20, meaning if you got dragged into cc chain, most of the time you’re dead in a team fight. (While Revenant has stun-break with no cd, Mesmer has lots of teleport, invulnerable and evade)
Sometimes Druid’s stunbreak is counter-productive against Revenant because it’d trigger another CC from their trait that leads to another 3 secs taunt, which by then you’re usually dead.

Learn the real world, start doing some real fight, and you’d see that Druid is one of the most balanced class currently in the current Meta. (No cheese mechanic, no 40 secs protection, no infinite cleanse, no infinite stability, no infinite stun-break, no evade evade evade block block block for the whole matches, moderate damage, vulnerable in outnumber fight, vulnerable to cc and so on)

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

This guy is a sapphier or ruby dude who knows nothing about how the real world goes lol..

So 2.5 seconds quickness every 16 seconds, an elite that requires Bristleback f2 on a 48 cd that gives you some might for 15 secs, providing all attacks lands = perma quickness and perma 25 mights lol…

Best sustain lol.. (Mesmer, Tempest, Revenant outsustain Druid with superior mechanic such as evade, infinite stability, )
Your so-called best sustain got ripped through by Revenant in 2 seconds. (Banish Enchantment spam 18 stacks confusion + 6 cover condition in 2 seconds), which in a +1 situation you could die instantly if the opponent has half a brain.
All Druid’s cleanse has a delay of 2~2.5 seconds (Glyphs, seed of life).

Druid’s “only” stun-break has a cd of 20, meaning if you got dragged into cc chain, most of the time you’re dead in a team fight. (While Revenant has stun-break with no cd, Mesmer has lots of teleport, invulnerable and evade)
Sometimes Druid’s stunbreak is counter-productive against Revenant because it’d trigger another CC from their trait that leads to another 3 secs taunt, which by then you’re usually dead.

Learn the real world, start doing some real fight, and you’d see that Druid is one of the most balanced class currently in the current Meta. (No cheese mechanic, no 40 secs protection, no infinite cleanse, no infinite stability, no infinite stun-break, no evade evade evade block block block for the whole matches, moderate damage, vulnerable in outnumber fight, vulnerable to cc and so on)

i guess this applies for sapphire / ruby level druids only?