Ok Bros, What Are We Doing About Chronos?

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

double blink, double moa (on 2 people), constantly kittening various condis in a pbaoe while perma-blocking, good condi cleansing. what do? (other than run or kitten)

i feel pvp devs are always taking 2 steps forward and 3 steps back, with every single major patch basically. why is this a recurring problem? why buff something that’s been hella problematic for months? why not test things first? why not run it by us?

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

Dont fight them 1v1, 2v1 or 2v2. Unless you know for sure you are playing a counter class.
The chances to win are too small and they have much bigger problems in a scenario where they can be locked down and focussed.

in PvP

mistsim.2748

im not asking how to fight this broken spec. im asking what the devs are doing to fix it, and when. thanks though.

in PvP

Posted by: Riranor.6315

Riranor.6315

okay so… give it time. they only buffed 2 things that the meta build runs. other classes also got buffed. the logic here is that if they nerfed it, while buffing every other class, it might’ve been stupidly weak and unplayable until next Tuesday. People just need to chill and wait, I’ve noticed mesmers ruining the meta have been slightly squishier, and the buffs to the other classes might’ve been substantial enough. they do seem like thief chow again.

Crystal Desert Server, one of each classes at 80
Main Mesmer PVE, Necro and Engineer PVP

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Lol double blink, funniest guy in the world.

You do realise if the Mesmer uses blink while in continuum split they end up right back where the CS mote is either when it ends or when you kill it?

Just shows how little the OP has even bothered to learn about the class.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Personally, I’d hit condition cleanse and disable elites during CS.

I like Duelling version of the build a lot, Inspiration option feels cheesy.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

Real question is: what are we going to do with thieves?

Dodge non-stop, +20k damage in 2 sec, perma-stealth, unlimited mobility, and these are just main problems.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Dodge non-stop, +20k damage in 2 sec, perma-stealth, unlimited mobility, and these are just main problems.

U srs?

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

ICD of 10s on chronophantasma and illusionary reversion and completely revamp Moa into sth. that isn’t can’t single-handedly win you each and every matchup possible.

in PvP

mistsim.2748

haha yeah i just experienced this. it’s broken AF, but an entirely different topic. likely just a pub stomping build.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in PvP

Posted by: Deathrubber.3861

Deathrubber.3861

im not asking how to fight this broken spec. im asking what the devs are doing to fix it, and when. thanks though.

thing is, mesmer is a beautiful piece of work. i dont play mesmer myself anymore but i know it pretty well. mechanically its a deep sea of possibilities with an enjoyable way to improve yourself and well rounded by beautiful graphics. so, even as a thief main i wouldnt like to nerf mesmers capability but give other professions chances to counter the mesmer. cause right now there is no counter to mesmer, this profession covers every quality that makes others so special competitive and u can still allow alot of mistakes to take down very skilled players.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I am not finding Mesmer at all OP. We have been nerfed repeatedly and just finally got a little bit granted back. That is not the end of the world folks.

I notice that Mesmers are NOT overwhelming the queue, unlike Hambow warrior for example.

Pro players really ought to be much more careful of there comments.

This is rapidly becoming a situation of a witch hunt. One poster mimics another and the volume snowballs without justification.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

“double blink” hahaha this is funny.

I don’t disagree that mesmer is pretty strong and a little overtuned, but OP doesn’t understand the class one bit.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

It looks like Anet favors certain professions over others.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

ANET devs have been on record as making one class or another strong in order to “shake up the meta” or similar statements. So, I suspect they make classes more powerful in turn. I think that’s a huge mistake.

That being said. Mesmer has been underpowered for a majority of the life of the game. There is no reasonable way you could make a case that anet favors Mesmer.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

ANET devs have been on record as making one class or another strong in order to “shake up the meta” or similar statements. So, I suspect they make classes more powerful in turn. I think that’s a huge mistake.

That being said. Mesmer has been underpowered for a majority of the life of the game. There is no reasonable way you could make a case that anet favors Mesmer.

Mesmer have always been meta

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

It does leaves a huge distaste in the mouths of the players who want to play their way and win or lose because of thier personal skill vs enemy skill, not because the dev team made their class/play-style under powered or over powered then other classes/play-styles. Imho more so when there is already little in terms of the choices of play-styles you have in GW2 to begin with. It just takes all of the competitiveness completely out of the equation at this point.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Broken, what can I say?

You’re dead wrong on that, as any long term Mesmer can tell you. I remember when a warrior could take me out with two button presses. ( a pommel bash stun > 100 blades = dead Mesmer 98% of the time. ) Not only that, there healing signet would face tank any dps I could output. Necro was a similar matchup. Thieves long considered a Mesmer free lunch. It was quite literally a near certain kill for the thief.

Mesmer was UP for years, so much so that it was acknowledged even here on forum.

I’m guessing you are relatively new to the game?

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

I don’t disagree that mesmer is pretty strong and a little overtuned, but OP doesn’t understand the class one bit.

Maybe he was referring to the all mighty mimic which has not been gaining popularity recently but is still a thing.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Stop 2x moa then reassess mesmers. If chrono phantasm is,still performing too strong then hit the classes condi builds NOT the power.

I don’t know why people didn’t see this coming a mile away the dominance of this build. Historically condi Mesmer has always been OP 1v1 1v2 even 1v5 (granted WvW on this one) and then anet done went ham by making it tournament viable.

Duh.

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

I notice that Mesmers are NOT overwhelming the queue, unlike Hambow warrior for example.

Mesmers and Revs were by far the most common classes I ran into at Legend and the prestige ranks after. There were a good amount of times when there were 5-6+ Mesmers in a match at the start before rerolls started.

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

One of the following things needs to go:

-Signet of illusions. It is simply extremely strong for a single utility. Recharging four shatters is bad enough, but the buff brings illusions to 6k-9k health (clones and phantasms) making it extremely hard to kill them before they get shattered.

-Chronophantasma or Illusionary reversion. One of them is ok, but both simply mean constant shattering will not heavily decrease your illusion uptime.
Shatter should be a concious decision to sacrifice illusions, not a way to maintain them.
Putting them in one tier would already be sufficient.

-Blurred frenzy, echo of memory or deja vu 3 Blocking/Blur skills on 1 weapon set are too much. Together with distortion it gives you too much uptime of damage-negating effects.

And of course the rather commonly asked for solution of decreasing both the duration and the cooldown of signet of humilty.

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

We have an issue of describing balance among all classes at once.
Ithilwen might tell the truth and I am willing to accept it. Looks like I’ve joined in just in time when mesmers are getting stronger.
From what I’ve heard, guardian was quite viable for quite some time in the past, now it has fallen low almost like warrior.
How long will it take for meta to shift in guardian’s favor, if ever? Is there a chance that we will get balanced updates and not shifting flavor of the season type of “balance”?

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

mesmer is strong, but with thieves back , it is counterable. the real problem is that many people rolled necro to easy win and get mad if they lost 1 vs 1 against mesmer .

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Don’t hit their block.
Dodge into the shattering clones, not away from.
Save important skills until after Blurred Frenzy or dodge, or after a dodge while they don’t have sword out.
Kite or use own defensive skills when they use their distortion since they can attack while it’s up and go full offense for a few seconds.
In team fights, target something else, let AoE/cleave hit the mesmer and quickly change target to them when they are at 50% health for a burst.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Double Blink? Err I guess, but you won’t be using it for traversal without Mimic.
Double Moa? Sure you could turn one person into a Moa twice in a row or turn two people into Moas at the same time but that’s really inefficient and not why Moa and CS are so strong together.
Condi pbAoE? Yes, welcome to Mesmer shatters. You will have confusion and torment applied to you and it will stack up and hurt if you continue to facetank them. Almost all of the condi application comes from shatters.
Perma-blocking? Nope.
Good condi cleanse? Yes and there’s nothing wrong with that. You either sacrifice dps by choosing Inspiration, or you don’t use Inspiration and die to anything condition based. Seems rather straight forward to me.

Gandara

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Unfortunately the devs can’t issue a L2P patch. Their hands are tied. This is something you have to do on your own, padwon.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Broken, what can I say?

You’re dead wrong on that, as any long term Mesmer can tell you. I remember when a warrior could take me out with two button presses. ( a pommel bash stun > 100 blades = dead Mesmer 98% of the time. ) Not only that, there healing signet would face tank any dps I could output. Necro was a similar matchup. Thieves long considered a Mesmer free lunch. It was quite literally a near certain kill for the thief.

Mesmer was UP for years, so much so that it was acknowledged even here on forum.

No one cares what the class was like 2 years ago. What matters is that mesmer was broken in S1 and S2. It was easy mode. ANET now has nerfed its closest rivals. That means it will be even more broken in S3.

I’m surprised people don’t understand that.

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Mesmers are part of the meta and have been due to portal.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Azukas.1426

Unfortunately the devs can’t issue a L2P patch. Their hands are tied. This is something you have to do on your own, padwon.

Usually I go with its a l2p issue….this is not one of those times.

If you are losing on mesmer now you were utterly out played. And yes I always get out played.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Mesmers are part of the meta and have been due to portal.

Not in the last two seasons of the Leagues…..

First, there were the bunker-mesmers, which often didn’t even run portal and last season and now, the portal is just one part of what makes the mesmer likely the best build in the game:

- Amazing mobility (Portal, Blink, Staff2)
- One of the best, if not the best class for 1v1’s
- double Moa
- strong in teamfights as well (hard to focus, strong AoE, decent CC, Moa to kill clerics-ele’s, decent stomping/rezzing thanks to distortion).

It’s just a beast in all aspects of the game and there’s no doubt in my mind we’d see 2 condi-mesmers in most ESL teams if they were allowed to.

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Broken, what can I say?

Lol Portal has made mesmer very relevant for the life of the game. Mesmer + Thief combo was popular for a while.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in PvP

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Debate on balance oftimes seems like the two parties involved in the selling and purchase of a car. The person selling always starts high and the person buying starts low. There a personal incentive for the guy selling to get as much money as he can for the car and for the person buying to pay as little as possible.

in PvP

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

double blink, double moa (on 2 people),

Wow, guess who’s never played mesmer? Continuum Shift sends you back to the place you used it, so no, you don’t get “double blink”. Mesmer does need nerfs, but please make some effort. Just in case you haven’t read about it yet, i would suggest starting here

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

Mesmer have always been meta

You’re joking right? You obviously only started playing about a year ago or something

in PvP

mistsim.2748

Maybe he was referring to the all mighty mimic which has not been gaining popularity recently but is still a thing.

my point is, double anything. if they want to.

in PvP

mistsim.2748

i have over 2k hours in spvp and i played at the top mmr with the best players in the game since leaderboards came out. ive seen all iterations of the mesmer and all the metas. nice try though. this patch is pretty close to being good, but this chrono garbage is the outlier.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in PvP

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

That’s just flat incorrect. Not like opinion wrong, but fact wrong.

in PvP

mistsim.2748

That’s just flat incorrect. Not like opinion wrong, but fact wrong.

stop hijacking this productive thread. chronos are insanely OP right now and need to be toned down.

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

stop hijacking this productive thread. chronos are insanely OP right now and need to be toned down.

Bring us some ESL team compositions, so we can see how much of those insanely OP mesmers running around.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

while I was playing the spec. I did notice that warriors and S/D thieves were making life hell for me.

these arent popular picks though

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

If you are losing on mesmer now you were utterly out played. And yes I always get out played.

After straight victories during S2 I asked myself “What is the meta chrono builds weaknesses? How could I beat this.” So I logged on to warrior and went about destroying it.

So it’s hilarious to me that you can’t take the proverbial weakest class and beat the Super Mighty Morphing Omega Power OP Chrono. Warriors in the warrior forum, more warrior than I’ll ever be, have attested to the counter. This is the definition of what it means to be a scrub at play.

“OMG, Mesmer so OP, I can’t beat it with my established meta build/class. I refuse to learn and/or take steps to bring a different a class/build capable of doing the job. Woe is me! Nerf Anet, please. Its my only hope!”

And before you go getting your panties in a twist, nobody’s saying things like Double moa via CS doesnt need consideration etc etc, but if you think Mesmer is so OP because it’s utterly unbeatable, well this is simply not one of those times.

Anyway, don’t let me derail the hate train, it’s wildly entertaining. Choo choo!

:D

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

i have over 2k hours in spvp and i played at the top mmr with the best players in the game since leaderboards came out. ive seen all iterations of the mesmer and all the metas. nice try though. this patch is pretty close to being good, but this chrono garbage is the outlier.

Reminds me of the time Helseth claimed scepter mesmer was going to take over pvp when torment was added to it. Only he would have had 6k hours, and wasn’t just playing with the best players but was vs’ing them in torments.

Nice use of rhetoric though- only my use is better ;D

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in PvP

Posted by: Subte.8725

Subte.8725

U say mesmer is op. I remind u that there’re teams in the ProLeague that played without mesmer and they won vs team with mes.

The double blink that u said is a common blink + skill 2 of staff. I suppose that many of u are new in pvp, cause u dont remember when a thief could insta remove u from the game with a simple combo like many other classes. The mesmer was meta all the time due to his burst(power or condi), mobility(portal) and no more.

Before cry take the mesmer and play it and u will see in first person if is broken or not cause u see good mesmers playing and making things normal to him(due to their skill and knowledgement). If u still thinking that is broken then come here and cry but im 100% sure that u will be destroyed by thieves or necros spaming 2 moas.

Im pretty sure that Anet will redisign or nerf the Moa and he deserve a small nerf in this skill but nothing else.

Sry for my bad English^^

(edited by Subte.8725)

in PvP

mistsim.2748

just do something about moa, i’ll be happy. i think there is a consensus in the community about that.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

just do something about moa, i’ll be happy. i think there is a consensus in the community about that.

ah, no! …….:/

in PvP

Azukas.1426

After straight victories during S2 I asked myself “What is the meta chrono builds weaknesses? How could I beat this.” So I logged on to warrior and went about destroying it.

So it’s hilarious to me that you can’t take the proverbial weakest class and beat the Super Mighty Morphing Omega Power OP Chrono. Warriors in the warrior forum, more warrior than I’ll ever be, have attested to the counter. This is the definition of what it means to be a scrub at play.

“OMG, Mesmer so OP, I can’t beat it with my established meta build/class. I refuse to learn and/or take steps to bring a different a class/build capable of doing the job. Woe is me! Nerf Anet, please. Its my only hope!”

And before you go getting your panties in a twist, nobody’s saying things like Double moa via CS doesnt need consideration etc etc, but if you think Mesmer is so OP because it’s utterly unbeatable, well this is simply not one of those times.

Anyway, don’t let me derail the hate train, it’s wildly entertaining. Choo choo!

:D

Video or it didn’t happen b/c I also have some wonderful beach front property on the moon for sale…..

See we can all claim something like that….doesn’t make it true.

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

surprised me how no one interpreted the “double blink” as in blink and staff2

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

surprised me how no one interpreted the “double blink” as in blink and staff2

I would say the same thing.

Although technically they are different because PR is only a pseudo stun breaker.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Fixy Fixy

/15chars

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus