Ok Bros, What Are We Doing About Chronos?

in PvP

Posted by: thunderfall.8095

thunderfall.8095

Also mimic plus blink works. Not viable, but just sayin

Mesmers be like: I reject your reality and substitute my own. – compliments to Mythbusters
Plot Twist: Elder Dragons are massive robots created by the Black Lion Trading Company.
Think of the money they make off weapons and armor…

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

im not asking how to fight this broken spec. im asking what the devs are doing to fix it, and when. thanks though.

Unfortunately the devs can’t issue a L2P patch. Their hands are tied. This is something you have to do on your own, padwon.

Usually I go with its a l2p issue….this is not one of those times.

If you are losing on mesmer now you were utterly out played. And yes I always get out played.

After straight victories during S2 I asked myself “What is the meta chrono builds weaknesses? How could I beat this.” So I logged on to warrior and went about destroying it.

So it’s hilarious to me that you can’t take the proverbial weakest class and beat the Super Mighty Morphing Omega Power OP Chrono. Warriors in the warrior forum, more warrior than I’ll ever be, have attested to the counter. This is the definition of what it means to be a scrub at play.

“OMG, Mesmer so OP, I can’t beat it with my established meta build/class. I refuse to learn and/or take steps to bring a different a class/build capable of doing the job. Woe is me! Nerf Anet, please. Its my only hope!”

And before you go getting your panties in a twist, nobody’s saying things like Double moa via CS doesnt need consideration etc etc, but if you think Mesmer is so OP because it’s utterly unbeatable, well this is simply not one of those times.

Anyway, don’t let me derail the hate train, it’s wildly entertaining. Choo choo!

:D

Video or it didn’t happen b/c I also have some wonderful beach front property on the moon for sale…..

See we can all claim something like that….doesn’t make it true.

Circular arguments only make your position look worse.

But I’ll believe you when you say you got rekt by meta chrono on your non-counter meta builds.

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

surprised me how no one interpreted the “double blink” as in blink and staff2

I would say the same thing.

Although technically they are different because PR is only a pseudo stun breaker.

It’s a small gap opener with none of the extra frill or power of blink.

Anyway, it wasn’t so much a matter of interpreting it, as it was how painstakingly stupid it was to point it out XD

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

After straight victories during S2 I asked myself “What is the meta chrono builds weaknesses? How could I beat this.” So I logged on to warrior and went about destroying it.

So it’s hilarious to me that you can’t take the proverbial weakest class and beat the Super Mighty Morphing Omega Power OP Chrono. Warriors in the warrior forum, more warrior than I’ll ever be, have attested to the counter. This is the definition of what it means to be a scrub at play.

“OMG, Mesmer so OP, I can’t beat it with my established meta build/class. I refuse to learn and/or take steps to bring a different a class/build capable of doing the job. Woe is me! Nerf Anet, please. Its my only hope!”

And before you go getting your panties in a twist, nobody’s saying things like Double moa via CS doesnt need consideration etc etc, but if you think Mesmer is so OP because it’s utterly unbeatable, well this is simply not one of those times.

Anyway, don’t let me derail the hate train, it’s wildly entertaining. Choo choo!

Unfortunately having a build which can beat chronos isn’t enough.
You could do that on a Warrior and you probably could have done with different classes too, but in the end everything is about how well the build performs when not facing the chrono.
If the chrono finds there’s a build that counters him in the enemy team, he will just try to avoid it during the whole match, something he probably won’t have many problems doing with vertical blinks and portal.
Sometimes you might be able to catch him on a situation where he has to fight you or concede a point, and definitely you’re going to counter his overall impact in the game … but that’s something that will also happen to you, and your build capabilites on that situations is what determines if it’s a viable counter o not.

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

im not asking how to fight this broken spec. im asking what the devs are doing to fix it, and when. thanks though.

Unfortunately the devs can’t issue a L2P patch. Their hands are tied. This is something you have to do on your own, padwon.

If you are losing on mesmer now you were utterly out played. And yes I always get out played.

Video or it didn’t happen b/c I also have some wonderful beach front property on the moon for sale…..

But I’ll believe you when you say you got rekt by meta chrono on your non-counter meta builds.

Yeah this is where you understand I main Mesmer…..

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Although technically they are different because PR is only a pseudo stun breaker.

say what
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxsC0BEx3Ok

in PvP

Posted by: Subte.8725

Subte.8725

And via CS and mimic, mesmer can blink 3 times in a row: cast F5 then instantly use mimic the use CShift to restor mimic, then u blink, activate again mimic, blink and blink^^ only work in pve or wvw to troll ppl and call u hacker, in pvp is a complete loss of time and cd’s^^. but is funny to see how ppl call u cheater when is a simple combo of skills.

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

Broken, what can I say?

You’re dead wrong on that, as any long term Mesmer can tell you. I remember when a warrior could take me out with two button presses. ( a pommel bash stun > 100 blades = dead Mesmer 98% of the time. ) Not only that, there healing signet would face tank any dps I could output. Necro was a similar matchup. Thieves long considered a Mesmer free lunch. It was quite literally a near certain kill for the thief.

Mesmer was UP for years, so much so that it was acknowledged even here on forum.

I’m guessing you are relatively new to the game?

Mesmers have been meta for the entirety of the game’s lifespan. I guess you were/are far away from a competitive skill level to even judge the balance state properly considering your previous posts in this forum.

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

so far in my experiences mesmers haven’t really seen that op to me tough. Yes they can apply kittentons of confusion and torment but that seems to be it. They can still be cleaved very easily in teamfight as thier toughness and health is pretty mediocore. they are very strong in 1 v 1 but that’s about it so far.

Moa isn’t exactly a surefire kill really. Lots of instances of somebody pressing skill 5 and getting outta here. maby the ability to jump would come in handy and slightly reduced duration.

my opnion might change tough as the meta pans out.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Mesmers have been meta for the entirety of the game’s lifespan. I guess you were/are far away from a competitive skill level to even judge the balance state properly considering your previous posts in this forum.

Nah they where actually quite useless for a while since they where made obsolete by good thieves. It even whent as far that guys like sizer where spawn camping helseth for the entire duation of a game.

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

For me the condi builds were never that good. I have more trouble with chronomancers that use wells, mainly because I play classes without alot of stability. They can pretty much chain cc you for 6 seconds then moa you if that fails.

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Locuz.2651

For me the condi builds were never that good. I have more trouble with chronomancers that use wells, mainly because I play classes without alot of stability. They can pretty much chain cc you for 6 seconds then moa you if that fails.

Impossible.

The well that CCs is an elite and moa is an elite aswell.

in PvP

FrownyClown.8402

Impossible.

The well that CCs is an elite and moa is an elite aswell.

shows how much a know about mesmer lol

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

I would like to make a suggestion: mesmers loose illusionary persona when using chronomancer line. That is what makes so easy to double cast moa: the ability to have at least one phantasm or clone up + our own personal shatter. Edit : on a more general view, I think many players fail to beat mesmers because they focus too much on the caster and not enough on the illusions. A mesmer without illusions will hit like a wet noodle

(edited by flog.3485)

in PvP

Locuz.2651

So please tell me which of these regular non elite wells chain CCed u?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Well_of_Action
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Well_of_Calamity
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Well_of_Precognition
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Well_of_Recall

And ofc the elite well (which must be the well you talk about since its the only well that has CCs as effect:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gravity_Well

Now lets look at the overview of mesmer elite skills and check if you can spot the moa one + the gravity well: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elite_skill#Mesmer

So you cant have both at the same time lol.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

FrownyClown.8402

And ofc the elite well (which must be the well you talk about since its the only well that has CCs as effect:

Now lets look at the overview of mesmer elite skills and check if you can spot the moa one + the gravity well: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elite_skill#Mesmer

Yes I see this thanks for correcting me. In all seriousness I was caught in that well followed by their double stun skill (shield 5 I think) while a thief spammed 2 on me and I died. How affective are stun breaks against that well?

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

There is a 1s duration between each pulse, if you manage to dodge right after you stun break you may dodge out the circle.

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

Reduce the duration of moa to 3 seconds. Ty.

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Yes I see this thanks for correcting me. In all seriousness I was caught in that well followed by their double stun skill (shield 5 I think) while a thief spammed 2 on me and I died. How affective are stun breaks against that well?

The pull is pulsing and isn’t a ward so you can dodge it. You just need to time your stun break right after a pulse, and instantly dodge out. If you are off on your timing by a bit though, you will waste your stun break and just get pulled again.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

What are you doing about those Mesmers?

Ranger, main hand axe, lots of conditions, 3 stun breaks, and cross your fingers you can avoid both Moa’s

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Subte.8725

Ranger, main hand axe, lots of conditions, 3 stun breaks, and cross your fingers you can avoid both Moa’s

Maybe if u try to go sword/dagger + staff u will have 4 dodges( sword2, sword3, dagger4, staff3) + 2 dodges = 6 dodges. Maybe u can time the dodge when u see the moa’s cast and dodge it to his cotinuum shift then u destroy it to prevent the moa reset.

Oh wait!!! No No No No. Is a better idea to wait Anet to nerf mesmer and lets let him make our job easy. (Irony mode on)

(edited by Subte.8725)

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Maybe if u try to go sword/dagger + staff u will have 4 dodges( sword2, sword3, dagger4, staff3) + 2 dodges = 6 dodges. Maybe u can time the dodge when u see the moa’s cast and dodge it to his cotinuum shift then u destroy it to prevent the moa reset.

Oh wait!!! No No No No. Lets wait Anet to nerf mesmer and lets let him make our job is a better idea. (Irony mode on)

All joking aside, are we really sure Mesmer is OP this go around? They don’t seem overly strong to me, but hey unranked, so who knows if I’ve fought anyone good, right?

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Condi Mesmer/Chrono is a cheap build and no fun to fight against, but I wouldn’t call it OP. More just annoying.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

this spec is the plague of pvp. id like to hear dev comments at this point about when and how this is gonna get nerfed. none of us wanna wait another 6 months to be proven right.

i would say the main problem with this spec is that it has absolutely everything. it can bunk, perma invuln for a while, toss out 6s moas, blink and teleport around, while mindlessly spamming damage. but the MAIN MAIN problem is invulnerable, invulnerable, invulnerable, invulnerable. u serious?

the secondary problem is that your average pubber doesnt know how to fight this. as the poster above me mentioned, to the good players it’s extremely un-fun and annoying to fight. for 70% of the player base, they will just feed into these chronos. the soloq experience is absolutely ridiculous because of this spec (along with a few others) – low effort, easy to learn, no risk. people dont know how to fight it, and even if they figure it out, the other team just needs to get 2 chrono mesmers. now your average pubber needs to learn how to fight two.

like what the kitten were u thinking designing and testing this? how many ANet devs need to get owned 2v1 before changes are made?

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

TIPS FOR FIGHTING CONDI MESMERS:
- Turn off your auto-attack; This will hurt your dps because most of you are not used to pressing your auto-attack button but trust me, this will increase your survivability

- Use Projectile Deflection; This may be surprising to you but a lot of the damage that Mesmers do (if they’re a good player) doesn’t come from just their conditions, it comes from the bloody Phantasm that harvests the conditions on you for big damage. Projectile deflection will not only reduce the Mesmer’s sustained damage, it would kill most of the big attacks that the Staff Phantasm spits out.

- Be Patient. Don’t be a fool.

- Build your character in such a way that their own attacks is what kills them; How do you do this on every character? I don’t know that. But I’ve managed to do it on 2 characters and the 3rd character I’ve just made myself extremely tough to kill.

There are 3 builds I use to either beat or stall against Mesmers. The builds that can beat Condi Mesmers:

- A Condi Necro specifically designed to counter mesmers. You might say, “Aren’t necros natural counters already?” And you would be wrong at least from what I’ve tried anyway. The only build that has been able to kill them is something entirely new that I tried out.

- Condi Guard. You will laugh at this but I’ve had more success here than you would think. It also helps that I’m playing a slightly different condi guard than the usual fireball spammer. This build can kill them IF and ONLY IF you block at the right time(s).

- Stun/Daze Spam Engie. This is a crazy build that doesn’t do anything apart from annoy the heck out of your enemies. This is because all you’re doing and all you’re built to do is interrupt their actions. Perfect for stalling. Not so perfect for killing.

I would give you the builds now but I have a youtube channel so I’d rather put them up first as videos. So…… WATCH THIS SPACE OR SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL #Shamelessplug

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in PvP

mistsim.2748

the rock-paper-scissors is too strong, too black and white. and for a game that doesnt have a prof/build selection phase, how do you expect to win your average ranked match when the matchmaker is completely kittening random? do i just assume there’s a condi chrono in every game?

secondly, there is just no excuse for how high-reward low-risk this spec is. no excuse. it does too much, and it’s virtually another d/d ele. yes u can TRY to build around them, but because it’s so strong overall, they just need to get MORE OF IT. any experienced pvp’er will tell you this, and if you think otherwise youre just biased toward 1) your mesmer or 2) your playstyle.

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

You don’t need a special build to beat mesmers. Any class can beat them and beat them easily. They have clear tells (yes, even moa) everything they do costs them something. The need to sacrifice offense for defense and vice versa. Mesmer’s bursts are harder to setup than any other class. They have almost no passive defense, unlike your class. Yes, if you’re not paying attention, you will lose. If you don’t bring condition removal, which many don’t, you will have a hard time. If you button mash, which so many do, you will likely lose and come on the forums to complain.

(edited by DaShi.1368)

in PvP

DaShi.1368

Mesmer is strong in the hands of great players, just like every other class.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

stop hijacking this productive thread. chronos are insanely OP right now and need to be toned down.

Bring us some ESL team compositions, so we can see how much of those insanely OP mesmers running around.

If not for esl rules to cover anets slow balancing, the comp of every single team would be

2 mes
2 rev
1 ele healbot

Maybe some rare druids, but its funny its soooo bad that its same as season 1. Bleh

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

(edited by Flumek.9043)

in PvP

DaShi.1368

stop hijacking this productive thread. chronos are insanely OP right now and need to be toned down.

Bring us some ESL team compositions, so we can see how much of those insanely OP mesmers running around.

If not for esl rules to cover anets slow balancing, the comp of every single team would be

2 mes
2 rev
1 ele healbot

Maybe some rare druids, but its funny its soooo bad that its same as season 1. Bleh

This is very unlikely. Mesmers weren’t even in the meta when class stacking was allowed. Also, the last tournament showed that teams without mesmers are just as competitive (and maybe) more than teams with mesmers. Bringing 2 would be suicide. ESL players simply don’t play like first time pvpers.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Mesmer is strong in the hands of great players, just like every other class.

“great” is a compliment not an insult.

There are 3,5 viable classes right now, you only see 5th slot cz of non stacking rules.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

Yeah this is where you understand I main Mesmer…..

Oh I’ve read you write that a bunch of times. Doesnt really mean anything, but I do know you’re apt at pointing it out :)

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

say what
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxsC0BEx3Ok

I was referring to base range and it’s inability to stun break, relevant to the ‘in combat’ context of the conversation. But sure, if you’re lucky enough to get stunned in one of those sweet spots, more power to you to retreat out of reach. We’re all aware of staff 2’s situational mobility, but thanks for the link anyway I guess.

in PvP

Posted by: Quaman.9167

Quaman.9167

I feel like mesmer is the next class that is gonna get rekt by Anet. Sure, rev’s and ele’s are also both broken in their own ways, but there seems to be way more complaints about mesmer around the community. Not to say that I blame anyone, double moa is broken.

I like video games

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Roll one. /15char

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

I feel like mesmer is the next class that is gonna get rekt by Anet. Sure, rev’s and ele’s are also both broken in their own ways, but there seems to be way more complaints about mesmer around the community. Not to say that I blame anyone, double moa is broken.

If Mesmer gets rekt next by Anet, nothing will change. Mesmer mains will still bring their mes, people will still get rekt, and the forums will still continue to QQ about Mesmers.

It’s the way it’s always been regardless of how many mesmers were in torny teams or not XD

in PvP

Subte.8725

mistsim.2748 I redirect u to the last Pro League seasson when CC played vs TCG. In all the 1v1 fights in far that Panic Sam(pro mesmer) from CC vs ROM. ROM was the one who took the wins. Also we saw Helseth kill him in 1v1. So we are not saying that Sam is bad he is one of the best mesmers in gw2 but we have classes that can easily counter him in 1v1. We have revenant that can finishs him when he is low hp or with cd’s. Engi and ele can easily bunk him in 1v1. Necro can kill him easliy too. But if u run to him with to many cooldowns or with low hp or if u face him in 1v1 with no brain if he is a good mesmer he will kill u without need to use the moa or the signet of illusions.

The mesmer only need a nerf/redisign of the moa to prevent the double moa unbrain ppl to use it cause the good mesmers we dont use the moa without CS with that we only reduce the cd from 180 to 90 secs.

Mesmer dont deserve any kind of nerf apart from the moa. Like i said before reduce his range from 1200 to 360 or make the moa dont work with stab and make it lockable.

To Flumek.9043, we have 4 meta classes now rev, druid, ele and mesmer. Perphas these classes will be in all the teams and the 5th place will be for the thief or the engi and maybe maybe for the necro.

PD: Yesterdat I was fighting necro and thief in one base. The thief was very slippery so i decided to focus the necro. He comes to me in shroud with full health(O_O) i used moa to quick burst and when we was at 4% of health in moa the shroud procs due the auto proc trait and he was a moa in shroud^^ very funny to see.

(edited by Subte.8725)

in PvP

Subte.8725

If Mesmer gets rekt next by Anet, nothing will change. Mesmer mains will still bring their mes, people will still get rekt, and the forums will still continue to QQ about Mesmers.

It’s the way it’s always been regardless of how many mesmers were in torny teams or not XD

Like Ross Biddle.2367 says Anet can nerf the mesmer whatever they want. Main mesmers we will still bring mesmer to rankeds and we will find other spec to make it seem broken. And the ppl who cries searching for the easy life will remain REKT^^.

5 days from the patch and i only see cries. I guess from here to the S3 starts some ppl will have committed suicide.

in PvP

mistsim.2748

2 mes
2 rev
1 ele healbot

chronos are the new d/d eles, without a doubt. the moment people start stacking more than one of a specific build/class. they can do everything. when a spec can “do everything”, it becomes meta. because of how few professions and builds this game has, people figure out the OP builds in a matter of weeks. so for two years, it was d/d eles. in S3 we can look forward to chrono spam. so you’d think they learn from past experiences that if you allow a spec that can do everything (sustain, roam, bunker, pressure, 1v1), it will become overused.

now we can discuss theoretical counters, like we did for d/d cele eles for 2 kittenin years. remember that? all that theorizing? but essentially it’s always just the players biased to their fav spec. look at this thread for instance…the mesmer mains are the loudest, and “most helpful” with their advice. “whatever bro just roll a mesmer noob”. then we did it for hambow as well.

but at a high enough level, understanding how a spec works isnt enough because, guess what? it has all the tools to do everything in conquest. so naturally a really good player will exploit it. conquest and gw2 are rock-paper-scissors, whether the devs actually KNOW this or not. you cant have builds that do everything! because all the others ones fulfill a specific role, like roamer, duelist, bunker, +1’er, etc.

i guarantee it, as we get further along, we’ll start seeing 2-3 mesmers per team, like we did with d/d eles. im already seeing 2 per team, and scrubs feeding them endlessly.

Like Ross Biddle.2367 says Anet can nerf the mesmer whatever they want. Main mesmers we will still bring mesmer to rankeds and we will find other spec to make it seem broken. And the ppl who cries searching for the easy life will remain REKT^^.

sorry to burst your self-centered bubble, but it’s not you or other mesmers. it’s the spec. just like it was for d/d eles, like it was for hambows, like it recently was for reapers, and like it currently is for shiro power revs. ive played long enough at a high enough level to be able to differentiate between 1) “this spec is strong, but if i work hard enough i can figure out how to counter it” and 2) “this spec is completely kittening broken, how did this get through QA?”so they have to nerf it, and they will nerf it.

i made countless of these threads for the d/d ele after the June 23rd patch which greatly boosted their damage output, i made these threads for bunker chronos, and i made them for the shiro rev, which they havent nerfed yet because the prof’s other builds are so dismal and nerfs to shiro would effectively delete the profession.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

I find the comparison of current chrono meta build to D/D ele absurd. Oh sure, you could draw some meager comparison of flavor of the month. But D/D ele saw a full stack of 5 on a team. It could also remain fixed on a point indefinitely leaving it impossible to decap/cap.

Chrono might have it’s strengths, it might even come out on top overall vs prickly odds (more than a 1v1). But it’ll forfeit the point, or disengage having to backcap later with a portal. That and, it’s not impossible to counter the Chrono. D/D ele, in its prime meta heyday, refused to die, and refused to give up the point.

Laughable comparison. Nice try though XD

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Nail on head.