One profession per match

One profession per match

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Bump. This is still a major problem. Just had a match with SIX necros on both sides. At least add a maximum of two players per profession per team. Even worse, the profession dailies are now promoting this kind of stacking.

One profession per match

in PvP

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

I actually just made a thread trying to figure out how to handle this. I think style.6173’s implementation is the most fair, but for what its worth is I think a change would adversely affect queue times until profession dailies get changed.

[EG] is recruiting!

One profession per match

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

i disagree, let the people run what they want to run. If people want to do dailies let them. If your there to pvp, fight and win vs anyone.

One profession per match

in PvP

holodoc.5748

i disagree, let the people run what they want to run. If people want to do dailies let them. If your there to pvp, fight and win vs anyone.

For premades you might be right, for solo players absolutely not. Solo players typically stick with one profession and good luck trying to convince them to switch before match.

There are eight professions in the game, number nine on its way. That means even with a one profession per team restriction it would still be possible to switch to one of the four professions which are not part of the initial team setup. No more double hambows per node or camping turret engis which can hold a full-capped node until tomorrow.

One profession per match

in PvP

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

Just had a match with SIX necros on both sides.

Six? o_O

Am I missing something?

One profession per match

in PvP

Posted by: SYPHA.9283

SYPHA.9283

Sit down, put the bong away, set the crack stem down…and think long and hard. WOW JUST WOW

One profession per match

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Just had a match with SIX necros on both sides.

Six? o_O

Am I missing something?

Yup.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

One profession per match

in PvP

holodoc.5748

I am bumping this thread once again. There are teams now in ranked which are actively abusing the fact that you can stack five turret engineers and basically faceroll the game. Anyone can imagine how much kitten there is on a cap point with four turrets per engineer?

Attachments:

One profession per match

in PvP

Posted by: darksoverign.5360

darksoverign.5360

nothing says their all turret engi’s 1-2 could be cele for the mad burst

One profession per match

in PvP

Posted by: Mal.1670

Mal.1670

I am bumping this thread once again. There are teams now in ranked which are actively abusing the fact that you can stack five turret engineers and basically faceroll the game. Anyone can imagine how much kitten there is on a cap point with four turrets per engineer?

One of those engis made a decent point. What’s more powerful than you complaining about this is playing engi and getting five more to complain about it.

One profession per match

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Not in ranked.

People who want dailies can go back to pve land or unranked instead of making PvP matches bad.

One profession per match

in PvP

Posted by: Nub King.9152

Nub King.9152

Those guys look familiar

Attachments:

One profession per match

in PvP

holodoc.5748

One of those engis made a decent point. What’s more powerful than you complaining about this is playing engi and getting five more to complain about it.

The reason why I am playing a turret engi on that shot is because I made a mistake during rerolling and ended up with a character I was last playing six months ago. If I wanted to conceal that fact trust me, I would.

I personally have nothing against turret engis if their number doesn’t exceed two per team. Anything above that is just plain ridiculous and impossible to counter with a team of random pugs which queued for solo. The same goes for any build rating high in current meta. People are now actively abusing the fact that you can make a premade full of annoying meta builds and ruin the fun for everyone.

Those guys look familiar

What exactly do you expect now? An applause for you and your kitten team?

(edited by holodoc.5748)

One profession per match

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

how would this work in practice? you que with three warriors in a party- then what? one of you is forced to swap class, but which one? and how? is there a message in game? will the game not start if you won’t swap?

i can’t see a practical way to do this to be honest. also there is the problem of people being forced to play classes they can’t play. if i was forced off my two main classes i would just quit the match tbh, it’s not fun having my kitten handed to me and loosing just because i’ve been forced to play a class i’m bad at.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

One profession per match

in PvP

holodoc.5748

how would this work in practice? you que with three warriors in a party- then what? one of you is forced to swap class, but which one? and how? is there a message in game? will the game not start if you won’t swap?

i can’t see a practical way to do this to be honest. also there is the problem of people being forced to play classes they can’t play. if i was forced off my two main classes i would just quit the match tbh, it’s not fun having my kitten handed to me and loosing just because i’ve been forced to play a class i’m bad at.

You simply reroll or get transferred to another queue.

One profession per match

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

when? before the match starts? before the queue finishes? and if it’s the three warrior party (one shout, one hambow, one zerk GS) do they get split up?
also, what if you just swap classes mid game?

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

One profession per match

in PvP

holodoc.5748

when? before the match starts? before the queue finishes? and if it’s the three warrior party (one shout, one hambow, one zerk GS) do they get split up?
also, what if you just swap classes mid game?

ANet just needs to separate solo queue from premades. If you want a premade with five engis against another premade then be my guest. Just don’t allow this kind of stuff (even worse, a premade) in solo queues. Problem solved.

One profession per match

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I’ve seen a full solo team of engi and thieves before. This can happen at any time if the cards are right.

Unfortunately there really isn’t a solution without some type of negative effect to it. A stricter “class stack” rule means higher queue times in general. And teams (especially teams) already have a difficult time finding matches.

One thing is for certain, class dailies should not be allowed in TPvP

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

One profession per match

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

The reason why I am playing a turret engi on that shot is because I made a mistake during rerolling and ended up with a character I was last playing six months ago.

This is extremely hilarious.
First of all you are obviously lying. Unless you made that “mistake” for a few hours of perpetual turret engineer play. Throwing my games too.

Secondly this is funny because a turret engi is complaining about turret engis. That’s pure gold man. Gold I tell you!

One profession per match

in PvP

holodoc.5748

The reason why I am playing a turret engi on that shot is because I made a mistake during rerolling and ended up with a character I was last playing six months ago.

This is extremely hilarious.
First of all you are obviously lying. Unless you made that “mistake” for a few hours of perpetual turret engineer play. Throwing my games too.

Don’t know if someone told you this but calling people liars is rude.

I am done with these forums.

One profession per match

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

You were on turret engi for multiple hours yesterday, queueing ranked. Here you said you were on it because of a mistake during rerolling. That’s not true. Hence a lie.
Stating facts is rude? I never called you a liar though so read harder!

Also I deeply regret not having a screenshot of when you started thrash talking your team that they don’t rotate properly while you camped the node with your npcs. Hilarious as well.

One profession per match

in PvP

holodoc.5748

You were on turret engi for multiple hours yesterday, queueing ranked. Here you said you were on it because of a mistake during rerolling. That’s not true. Hence a lie.
Stating facts is rude? I never called you a liar though so read harder!

Also I deeply regret not having a screenshot of when you started thrash talking your team that they don’t rotate properly while you camped the node with your npcs. Hilarious as well.

What on Earth are you talking about!? That was the first match with my engi in months and it was that way only because I made a mistake while rerolling. I main a warrior and tend to switch to ele from time to time. I don’t know what you saw but it was definitely not me. And honestly I don’t care.

One profession per match

in PvP

holodoc.5748

I am going to bump this thread once again. Having to deal with three or four people of the same profession which just spam stuff in a conquest based game is ridiculous. Just had a match against three dragonhunters on the new map (Capricorn). Impossible to counter the low CD spamming traps which cover the WHOLE capture point.

Either make the capture points bigger or do something about stacking.

One profession per match

in PvP

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

I am done with these forums.

I am going to bump this thread once again.