One sided matchmaking - Vol. II

in PvP

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

So far it’s a Season II repeat, the best of the best on one side and scrubbity scrubs on the other side
Makes for boring and uneven matches

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

Some yes, others no. I think half a day of playing doesn’t warrant 50 threads about this and it certainly doesn’t make you the authority on whether the system works or not.

in PvP

Posted by: eXeD.9738

eXeD.9738

Yup. It’s very frustrating. The worst of all is that you can actually tell you’re gonna lose before the game starts, the class stacking is off the charts with 3-4 thieves per game.

in PvP

Nabbo.2845

Some yes, others no. I think half a day of playing doesn’t warrant 50 threads about this and it certainly doesn’t make you the authority on whether the system works or not.

What if in my case it’s 20 matches? And what if I tell you it’s most likely going to be this way for the entirety of the season?

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

What if in my case it’s 20 matches? And what if I tell you it’s most likely going to be this way for the entirety of the season?

Well, Im having even matches, so unlucky you I guess

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Hanza.6872

Hanza.6872

Sadly that is the way the system that Anet (apparently) has chosen again works.

The system should give 40/60 right now. Since everyone is in a pool with people that reached a similar tier in the previous league. But ofcourse there are people in your pool that got carried to the higher tier last time around. So they will suck.

The longer this system goes on, the more ‘lower tier’ players will mingle in with the higher tier ones being stuck. Creating bigger stomp games in weeks to come..

in PvP

Posted by: ShadowHunter.5173

ShadowHunter.5173

They should have made like 10 rank evaluation games that must be played solo before starting the season at its current format.
Regardless I feel sorry for you playing 20 games a day as soon as the season starts.
It just means you learned nothing from the last season when the most nasty stomping happened the first week, and another psychological aspect of how much players don’t give a kitten after playing 10+ matches a day (especially when those are blowouts).

in PvP

Nabbo.2845

Oh no I’ve won every single match, still boring as heck

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Unranked is pretty fun especially since most of the mean people are in ranked atm And it feels amazing not having a pvp tag next to my name anymore…… I even had some one in my unranked team who said they were waiting in ranked queue for 25 minutes for a match and decided to just play unranked instead >.< But yay I’m so happy ranked is back wooo! (long as I don’t have to play in it)

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Matchmaking seems to be the same as last season. I can’t make a good comparison between S3 and S1, because I didn’t participate in S1 much.

I do like how AN assigned people a division based on their placement in S2.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

S1 was slow progress due to the 1 for 1 nature of it. Most of the progress came from smurfing like crazy. S3 appears to be much like S2 and it’s morally bankrupt. Forming teams by grouping similar MMR/glicko instead of mixing is what’s going to cause another unhealthy season of blowouts.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Hmph got to t2 saph and started fighting rubies/ESL players. That’s kinda dumb 20 pip range diff :/. Earlier also got a game where i had an amber guy on my team, he was solo.

Feels like S2 all over again with the massive variance and it sucks which is ironic considering my first 5-10 matches were pretty balanced and close.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

(edited by fishball.7204)

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I am wondering, is it the same situation no matter what division you are in? There are some who have only good even matches and some who have only blowout maches. I myself are playing at sapphire division and 90% of my matches have been blowout matches (Me mostly on the losing team I may add).

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in PvP

Posted by: Rigante.2470

Rigante.2470

S1 was slow progress due to the 1 for 1 nature of it. Most of the progress came from smurfing like crazy. S3 appears to be much like S2 and it’s morally bankrupt. Forming teams by grouping similar MMR/glicko instead of mixing is what’s going to cause another unhealthy season of blowouts.

Its not morally bankrupt at all. What is morally bankrupt about grouping people of the same skill level together? Then you face the closest to you in pip range in the queue. You seem to want a system the rewards luck and grinding which is what season 1 did. It was bizarre to me how the level of play in a match in season 1 didn’t improve at all from amber through legendary. The reason it didn’t was because of a significant portion of nobs that grinded and got lucky getting significantly higher MMR players on there team enough to slide through playing a ludicrous amount of games.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Define even. I’m having even matches, that I win one by a landslide, and lose one by the same. The only close match I had was an unranked that I clicked on my accident.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

People exaggerate unranked being even SO much. I played unranked in off season and you get plenty of blow outs there too.