Only 3 things for balance

in PvP

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

1. Scrapper has too high sustain. Reworking the invulnerability trait and/or changing hammer leap heals to not heal the scrapper would solve this problem. Scrapper is currently the new version of the old vampirism d/d ele.

2. Chill does too much damage. reducing this by 50% from 700-800 to 300-400 or then the maximum time you can stack chill to 3s maybe.

3. Druid pets have too much damage. Either make the new pets scale with ranger stats, reduce the damage or disable the new pets in pvp.

Also a thing that might end up being too broken is thief stomp elite skill that works with quickness.

in PvP

Posted by: MomentOS.2831

MomentOS.2831

The problem with nerfing Necro’s Chill dmg is that Necros effectiveness in raids will then suffer greatly. Engi is top of the food chain condiwise but it takes some mad skills to pull it off.
Reaper can almost reach it’s level without that high skill cap, given such skill isnt always available Reaper has a place in pve for once after being in the dark for years. Nerf chill to appease the pvper QQ that has suddenly arisen would be a mistake and hurt in more ways then one.
All this crying because people have to actually learn to fight us now is hilarious, we arent to be batted around the map and bludgeoned to death because we lack the evades/escapes/blocks and boon spam every other class has, we are a threat now.

Mephasm Shadowen
[BoM] Brotherwood of the Machine
Tarnished Coast

(edited by MomentOS.2831)

in PvP

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

Skill cap → PvE → LOL!

No one gives a kitten about PvE, anything works there.

Ye, l2p against this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtZFok_D_TI

le much skill involved to play le necro.

in PvP

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

There is a reason why i post this post to the pvp forum section. Nothing needs nerfs in pve.

in PvP

Posted by: MomentOS.2831

MomentOS.2831

Skill cap -> PvE -> LOL!

No one gives a kitten about PvE, anything works there.

Ye, l2p against this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtZFok_D_TI

le much skill involved to play le necro.

I hold to the fact that Necro was op before Reaper but only in the hands of someone who truly mastered it in regards to winning against what every other class has been running around with since launch.

“Anything works there” with that statement you just proved you have no idea what your talking about in regards to raids at all.
Personally I enjoy hunting every Necro I see because you know, have to be The One :P and I dont lose often.

Mephasm Shadowen
[BoM] Brotherwood of the Machine
Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

Little bit off topic I guess but the reason I post that video is because that skill was designed to inflict 2 things: Chill and poison. That’s it. That was balanced.

Sure have power creeped a long way since release. /kappa

in PvP

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

ngi is top of the food chain condiwise but it takes some mad skills to pull it off.

lololololoolololololo

Engi/scrapper and “mad skills” in same sentence

this twilight zone?

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

There is a reason why i post this post to the pvp forum section. Nothing needs nerfs in pve.

The issue with this though is that the modes share the same skill balancing. When people call for these kinds of adjustments, they need to keep that in mind. Yes, the game is [usually] balanced with pvp in mind; however, because Anet does not want to split skills (regardless of what we might desire), that balancing occasionally tends to kitten over pve and wvw.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Chill is unbalance for necros because it’s a all-or-nothing. Since BWE1 people in the necro forum have suggested to rework the mechanics, with for example:

• Deathly chill: inflict torment whenever you chill a foe

This is perfectly thematic (chill is a soft CC, torment punished you from moving which is kind of the same), it stacks (so 2 necro won’t overwrite each other’s chill) and you need to stack a few chills before you reach 700 damage ticks. On the other hand, you can have torment bursts (RS 4 in ice field).

Right now, chill does so much damage that you should dodge every skill which chills… unrealistic. With this change, you can be chilled a few times without killing you, but you have to dodge chill-bursts.

And this is actually a buff to PvE condi reaper.

in PvP

Posted by: Etaoin.4362

Etaoin.4362

1. Scrapper has too high sustain. Reworking the invulnerability trait and/or changing hammer leap heals to not heal the scrapper would solve this problem. Scrapper is currently the new version of the old vampirism d/d ele.

2. Chill does too much damage. reducing this by 50% from 700-800 to 300-400 or then the maximum time you can stack chill to 3s maybe.

3. Druid pets have too much damage. Either make the new pets scale with ranger stats, reduce the damage or disable the new pets in pvp.

Also a thing that might end up being too broken is thief stomp elite skill that works with quickness.

1. Iffy. With AMR and Self-Regulating Defenses on the relatively high (yes, relatively high) cool-downs they have, scrapper already had some nice shaves to sustain. SRD can be a double-edged sword in terms of activating other skills and prevents point capture anyway, so it really is not that great. Also, the hammer leap only heals when going through a water field, and that is a perk that any profession gets from leaping through said fields. That just seems a strange change to make. Personally, I would rather see other professions brought up to scrapper-level sustain rather than scrapper hit harder. Of course, then people will complain about the return of the bunker meta, but that is why these sorts of balance changes should be going through constant minor revisions.

2. I agree that chill necromancer needs some shaving; I like the suggestions that Silverkey referenced above. These would give the necromancer a way of staying competitive in PvP without being insane, and provide a buff to PvE capability. The necromancer is in an interesting place right now and, while I do not like fighting against them, they are still beatable. A slight increase on ICD for some traits might also help with this (e.g. might stacking). Boon corruption is also annoying, but then that is not what we are talking about right now.

3. I am also iffy on this one. On the one hand, I agree that some of the new pets deal a ton of damage and that this can easily make a 1v1 with a ranger/druid lopsided. On the other hand, most druids do rather poor damage themselves (and the exceptions tend to be incredibly glassy), so most of their damage output comes from the pets. A slight reduction in pet damage might not be too bad, but I think we should be careful and leave them with a viable offense. Disabling the pets is overkill, and I am not clear on how we would alter their stats to fit with those of the ranger itself (especially since pet stats have been traditionally independent except when affected by traits, if memory serves). So, of the suggestions I think damage reduction is best, but I do not think it needs to be a particularly severe reduction.

As to thief stomp: I hate when this happens to me, but that is what the skill is intended to do, and I actually think it is pretty cool when used effectively. The skill is also an elite, meaning the thief has to make a rather substantial trade-off to use it. In the current meta, for example, this means not running Basilisk Venom, which can be utterly devastating, especially with venom-share.

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

when it comes to chill i dont think dmg is a problem , in my opinion the uptime is way to high

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Chill is unbalance for necros because it’s a all-or-nothing. Since BWE1 people in the necro forum have suggested to rework the mechanics, with for example:

• Deathly chill: inflict torment whenever you chill a foe

This is perfectly thematic (chill is a soft CC, torment punished you from moving which is kind of the same), it stacks (so 2 necro won’t overwrite each other’s chill) and you need to stack a few chills before you reach 700 damage ticks. On the other hand, you can have torment bursts (RS 4 in ice field).

Right now, chill does so much damage that you should dodge every skill which chills… unrealistic. With this change, you can be chilled a few times without killing you, but you have to dodge chill-bursts.

And this is actually a buff to PvE condi reaper.

This would create more problems that it would solve.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

ngi is top of the food chain condiwise but it takes some mad skills to pull it off.

lololololoolololololo

Engi/scrapper and “mad skills” in same sentence

this twilight zone?

In relation to condi damage in raids. Thanks for letting us know your opinion is null and void though.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

I agree with the overall sentiment of your proposed changes, but I would implement them a bit differently:

1) Scrapper has too high sustain, and/or too high dps.
- Reduce healing of rapid regeneration by 20%.
- Increase shock shield CD from 20 to 25 seconds
- Reduce DMG of rocket charge by 20%

2) The Reaper obviously has too much DMG and too much application of different conditions. Chill is one of the main offenders here for sure:
- Reduce Chill DMG by 20%
- Reduce Chill DMG scaling with condition DMG a bit

3) The new Pets for the Druid deal too much dps, but the Druid itself has a very low DMG output. This is one reason why Druid feels so gimmicky and bad in teamfights:
- Reduce DMG for Bristle F2 and Smokescale Smoke Assault by 20%.
- Increase Staff AA DPS by 10%
- Vine Surge on Staff applies 2 stacks of bleeding for 10 seconds

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

I agree with the overall sentiment of your proposed changes, but I would implement them a bit differently:

2) The Reaper obviously has too much DMG and too much application of different conditions. Chill is one of the main offenders here for sure:

3) The new Pets for the Druid deal too much dps, but the Druid itself has a very low DMG output. This is one reason why Druid feels so gimmicky and bad in teamfights:

wow! some actually suggesting nerfing scrapper instead of butchering core engi.

yeah, reduce hammer damage mildly.
a rapid rgn nerf without increasing its healing power scalling is unreasonable, the pulsing might trait is better imo anyhow.

necro needs condi nerfs for sure.

druid pet damage is fine. ranger pets being good for once is nice.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

a rapid rgn nerf without increasing its healing power scalling is unreasonable, the pulsing might trait is better imo anyhow.

1) Rapid Regeneration scales very well with healing power, it just doesn’t show in the tooltips. Also, it’s way too easy for Scrapper to get healing power (you get 250 for free with energy amplifier and it’s no problem going into healing power runes at all). Scrapper also already benefits a lot from healing power, so I don’t think more is needed here.

2) No arguments here.

3) Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think Druid or Ranger needs a nerf, I just want to get him out of the 1v1-wonder niche. Pets are unreliable in teamfights, but slightly too strong in 1v1’s, so why not buff the DPS of the Ranger a bit, but nerf the pets, to make Druid more reliable in teamfights?

in PvP

choovanski.5462

1) Rapid Regeneration scales very well with healing power, it just doesn’t show in the tooltips. Also, it’s way too easy for Scrapper to get healing power (you get 250 for free with energy amplifier and it’s no problem going into healing power runes at all). Scrapper also already benefits a lot from healing power, so I don’t think more is needed here.

2) No arguments here.

3) Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think Druid or Ranger needs a nerf, I just want to get him out of the 1v1-wonder niche. Pets are unreliable in teamfights, but slightly too strong in 1v1’s, so why not buff the DPS of the Ranger a bit, but nerf the pets, to make Druid more reliable in teamfights?

ah, the tooltip bugs explain it then.

as far as druid goes, I hardly play it and I know few people who do often in PvP (wvw is another matter) so I can’t speak on the class in much detail. I certainly don’t feel its unfair when I fight it, not do I see it as having low value in teams.

in PvP

choovanski.5462

2) No arguments here.

ah, the tooltip bugs explain it then.

as far as druid goes, I hardly play it and I know few people who do often in PvP (wvw is another matter) so I can’t speak on the class in much detail. I certainly don’t feel its unfair when I fight it, not do I see it as having low value in teams.

in PvP

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

1. Scrapper has too high sustain. Reworking the invulnerability trait and/or changing hammer leap heals to not heal the scrapper would solve this problem. Scrapper is currently the new version of the old vampirism d/d ele. .

I agree with this idea, Scrapper is seeing.. a lot of overplaying also is prolly the top of the food chain in SPVP if not on par with reaper, their sustain is alittle too strong.

this would directly affect PvE so it isn’t a great idea, unless ur intending to buff the reapers GS Damaging skills (as it isn’t viable in PvP all that much) by quite a margain, which then could bring GS viability to SPVP but I guess it’d have more counterplay.

for this to not effect PvE you’d have to buff the Damage of base Ranger, so Power Ranger could be used for DPS instead of druid as u’d be effectively reducing the DPS of the Ranger/Druids Main Damage source currently.

Imho keep this as it is, realistically thiefs need a Role and this is one of them… it has a CD so it isn’t spammable so maybe 1 player out of a entire team fight sees a Quickness stomp.. its also nice that a Profession has this as a Thief only thing, adds to the charastics of the profession and a reason to carry one.

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

The problem with nerfing Necro’s Chill dmg is that Necros effectiveness in raids will then suffer greatly.

smh

chill is no more than 5% of a necro’s dps, when its even ticking and isnt overwritten. nerfing the damage will have very little effect on raids, but will greatly reduce the pvp pressure.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

choovanski.5462

nerfing scrapper sustain is not the way to go tbh. give it damage shaves.

the elite is actually made to be tanky, and the meta build runs engis other two tanky lines. it should be tanky, just as berserker with three damage lines gunflame should make you go splat.

adding a tanky elite and then combining it with two tanky core lines should result in a ton of sustain. damage is too high though. need a slight shave, not huge, just a slight one.

as for the invun at 25%… homes if you can’t deal with this I don’t know what to say. I’ve been timing it so I charge my true shot just before the tiny mode ends so they die as soon as they leave it. l2p homes.

in PvP

Posted by: bbennett.7463

bbennett.7463

lmfao these forums make me laugh so hard. i cant evennnn. l2p issue here. /thread closed

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

It’s hilarious how people don’t address the obvious problems with scrapper sustain, which never happened if you ran hammer/(traits): alchemy/scrapper/x) the first problem came from Bunker Down: this skill in itself produced medkits up the kitten , this needs to be addressed because the amount of sustain that you get from that made up scrappers sustain to the point where I could spawn double bunker down medkits at full hp, and freely pick them up. Start with a shave to the cooldown on bunker down and watch how fast engis die, then work on rapid regen, I’m almost baffled at how badly people think one trait makes a profession this strong.

Then again I’m not surprised when people yell “dmg is too high” “well people are running power/crit based builds and expect them to hit like wet noodles”