Open World PVP?

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: Amaya.1483

Amaya.1483

Okay, it’s a bit of a bait here and quite a long shot, but still. Given the Mechanic from a certain Story Quest, it would be possible to design something like this. Would you like to see something like this? A possibility to fight people from your Server without beeing in sPVP?

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Yes, the Arena #2 guild hall upgrade lets you do more or less whatever you want within the arena.

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

LOLNO

Granted, I found it hilarious when I got to that point in the story. Since I was immune to enemy involvement but could still interact with players, I ended up using my invulnerability to save some poor mesmer who was fighting 4v1 against some veteran jade constructs. And a few other people that got downed.
So I saved three people while getting attacked by 10 others.
I got event credit for healing, by the way. XD

But, that aside, no. Keep PvP in the two game modes where it belongs.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Would you like to see something like this?

Never.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I actually think the recent story step was an in joke to poke fun at those who suggest this idea from time to time on the forums.

“ok guys, you asked for pvp in open PvE – here it is!”

Lol. Yet funny enough there WAS open world pvp for a split second (well a little bit longer to be exact) during one of the betas as part of an event.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Just embrace Costume Brawl. That’s all the open-world PvP anyone will ever need.

~EW

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Okay, it’s a bit of a bait here and quite a long shot, but still. Given the Mechanic from a certain Story Quest, it would be possible to design something like this. Would you like to see something like this? A possibility to fight people from your Server without beeing in sPVP?

For the story in a small sequence fine, all the time? Heck no.

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

Never.

^^^

Thanks for the template

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Nah.

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I actually think the recent story step was an in joke to poke fun at those who suggest this idea from time to time on the forums.

“ok guys, you asked for pvp in open PvE – here it is!”

That is so funny that … if it’s not true, I hope one of the devs claims it was anyhow.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: wiredrawn.7298

wiredrawn.7298

Absolutely! This would make the game more popular and I’m psychic so I know. Or at the very least make some servers pvp flagged and the rest pve flagged. I like choice. Choice is good. Plus I have a long history in open world pvp mmos, so this would suit me and I’ve chosen to speak for a majority of you, so I’m right.

What needs to change though .. remove the whole heal,utils and elite skill crap and just give us a toolbar over there so we can utilize what we need based on whatever situation we encounter. Give us the opportunity to key bind the most important and click on ones we don’t use as much. I understand GW2 is different, yeah yeah, I get it, but they could leave weapons the way they are I guess even though that is crappy too. Different isn’t always better and I’m tired of contacting the ether to forsee my upcoming adventures and which heal/utils and elite I’ll need when. It’s exhausting and I’ve run out of pets for sacrifice.

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

Ummm, NO! There already is open world PvP, its called WvW. Go in there and fight other players till your hearts content. PvE will always remain PvE.

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

I wouldn’t mind a specific zone/area where people could go in and just fight. I don’t even mean like WvW but just a free-for-all type area. No parties, no ganging up. just pure carnage and chaos.

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: OnizukaBR.8537

OnizukaBR.8537

No. I like pvp but pvp on open world pve is just an imbalance mess and a big door for griefing. People getting ganked trying to kill some mob or getting followed just for the sake of griefing… and so on.
Everything has its place in gw and should continue this way

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

No thanks.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: cyberzombie.7348

cyberzombie.7348

It would be GTA V all over again.

What good is a medic w/o a patient?

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

No. The day PVE means PVP is the day I find a new game.

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Yes, the Arena #2 guild hall upgrade lets you do more or less whatever you want within the arena.

While I am adamantly against open world PvP/dueling/etc. in any form in the normal zones, this solution is only partially valid.

It should read as follows: “Yes, the Arena #2 guild hall upgrade lets you do more or less whatever you want within the arena, as long as you are not a Mesmer.”

(the old WvW bug where-in mesmer clones did not carry the world completion icon, allowing the main mesmer to easily be spotted, is present in the guild hall arenas).

Until Arenanet fixes this, it’s difficult to push the Arenas as a solution.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

While I am adamantly against open world PvP/dueling/etc. in any form in the normal zones, this solution is only partially valid.

It should read as follows: “Yes, the Arena #2 guild hall upgrade lets you do more or less whatever you want within the arena, as long as you are not a Mesmer.”

(the old WvW bug where-in mesmer clones did not carry the world completion icon, allowing the main mesmer to easily be spotted, is present in the guild hall arenas).

Until Arenanet fixes this, it’s difficult to push the Arenas as a solution.

No skilled Mesmer has ever cared about this. There are 12 other ways to identify the real Mesmer nearly instantly, so the presence or lack of the world completion star has never mattered when fighting anyone even remotely competent.

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

as long as people have a choice, to turn it on and off, or certain servers are made just for pvp and not all, and people can join and quit without fee, then this is good. It would change open world roaming just like when gliding was introduced to core tyria maps. Change is good, as long as everyone has a choice.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

Gw2 open world is insanely boring. I think allowing open world pvp with some exclusive titles and rewards would honestly be the only thing that would interest me in doing it.

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

God no! All it would result in would be daredevils ganking everywhere.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Aehm… No. …. No… …Nono nono… So, no.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

If you want to play open world PvP, go play WoW. So I’ll vote with a supersized NO.

Unless there’s a story precedent to it, and it’s confined to a single map or a small set of maps. Like it was in GW Factions with Luxons and Kurzicks.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: Doctor.1905

Doctor.1905

Anet really needs to make wvw maps mandatory for 100% map completion again so I can kill uplevel bad guys doing sinister exploring.

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

Open world pvp = wvw. just jump in it and roam. good luck.

the PvE community has a great trend to assemble big zergs. It will be fun, gankers later, complaining the forum about being impossible to camping to kill noobs, because they are all the time run over by Blobs.

(edited by ugrakarma.9416)

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I like Open world PvP in other games, but that doesn’t fit GW2 so I would have to say no on this one.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Open World PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

There is open world PvP, It’s called WvW.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|