in PvP

Posted by: Mortifera.6138

Mortifera.6138

lol @ OP asking for “immersion” in 2017

Open world PvP System (Immersion)

in PvP

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

No. The amount of pvp MMOs that are popular and successful is minimal. The amount of those which have successful fun open world pvp is even smaller.

If you want to run around ganking lowlevel or less geared players, play a different MMO. If you want an somewhat even olaying field, play spvp. If you want scale, play wvw.

As far as immersion, I think most other comments have already touched on how ridiculous this argument is with context of open world pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

No. The amount of pvp MMOs that are popular and successful is minimal. The amount of those which have successful fun open world pvp is even smaller.

To be fair, almost all MMOs go for that sort of model, probably to encourage cash-shop buys, etc. But GW2 does two things right in this regard:

1. GW2 doesn’t sell power, it sells convenience.
2. It didn’t fall into the open-world PvP trap that drives players from the game.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in PvP

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Please read the many previous discussions on this subject.

http://tinyurl.com/krv8voz

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Actually having pvp in the current gw2 universe is immersion breaking but that is not absolute. In the scenario that there will be an expac where theres a war between the cahrr and other races in the bloodlegion homelands they could have a few pvp areas which would make sense so its not like its completely out of the table.

in PvP

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Can we get this into the game? Be able to accept / decline duels when ever where ever? Fractals / raids / Home instances / Open world PvE? Party members can accept and decline too? up to 50 man open world fights? Has someone suggested this before and it was declined ? And why ? I think this will bring more immersion to Guild wars 2 gameplay. I understand Gw2 or Guild wars in general has tried to stray away from the traditional MMORPG concept ( I.E team work mobs no kill stealing and loot for everyone) , but with the way things are going now; with the implementation of mounts in the next expansion we can see now that it is slowly turning into a traditional MMORPG. Which I absolutely have no problem with because it brings immersion to the game.

Not needed or desired. Imagine people in Map Chat advertising duels and all the posturing of who is the best, blah, blah, blah. Map chat is toxic enough already and doesn’t need duel requests, bragging, or more get good comments(that already happen).

This already exists in another form. WvW. If you truly want to fight someone you go to Obsidian Sanctum and fight it out. Or go to the Windmill or find some secluded place to fight each other. True, if the person is on your server that can’t happen. However, there is yet another form of this – the Guild Hall Arena. Very simple. You party up if you aren’t in the same guild and go into one of the pair’s Halls. Head to the arena and join different color teams. Then fight to heart’s content.

I hated that content of challenging people in the open PVE world in LOTRO. At least you could set your toon to ignore requests to duel, thus never getting a popup requesting a duel.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in PvP

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I would support PvE world dueling between two consenting individuals, with the option to not receive duel requests as the default and with limitations on players dueling in social/work areas, like role-play hubs, bank, TP etc. I would not support small group fights or large group fights in the PvE world.

Why? The options that exist to duel (find a place in WvW and hope a zerg doesn’t run through; custom arenas and guild halls) are out of the way and thus not viable options for players who want to do something while waiting for a meta event to start. The option for players to fight one-on-one in the PvE world already exists in Costume Brawl, so some of the work to implement singleton duels has already been done.

in PvP

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

I would support PvE world dueling between two consenting individuals, with the option to not receive duel requests as the default and with limitations on players dueling in social/work areas, like role-play hubs, bank, TP etc. I would not support small group fights or large group fights in the PvE world.

Why? The options that exist to duel (find a place in WvW and hope a zerg doesn’t run through; custom arenas and guild halls) are out of the way and thus not viable options for players who want to do something while waiting for a meta event to start. The option for players to fight one-on-one in the PvE world already exists in Costume Brawl, so some of the work to implement singleton duels has already been done.

One of the other issues would be getting whispers asking for duels and then the name calling afterwards if you say no. Though that is easily solved with report/block.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in PvP

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

One of the other issues would be getting whispers asking for duels and then the name calling afterwards if you say no. Though that is easily solved with report/block.

In all of my MMO gaming, I’ve only ever once been the recipient of such behavior, and I found out after the fact that people would not duel that individual because he was a kitttenhat about it, win or lose. So, he apparently got desperate for someone to duel and fell into shaming to get a fight. Thankfully, GW2 does offer block and report, should the rare occurrence take place, or if others are less lucky.

Conversely, I have also played several MMO’s that “featured” open world PvP. My experience with that feature was virtually the opposite of my experience with dueling. I can count on one hand the number of times I was attacked fairly, but would have needed a tally sheet to record the myriad times I was attacked while at a severe level disadvantage, was nearly dead from over-aggro of mobs or was ganged up on 2, 3 or more to one. That’s another reason I would not want full open PvP in the PvE world.

in PvP

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I would support PvE world dueling between two consenting individuals, with the option to not receive duel requests as the default and with limitations on players dueling in social/work areas, like role-play hubs, bank, TP etc.

This has been suggested/outlined in many of the threads over the years that have shown up on the forums. Usually it is met with mediocre “reasons” as to why that restriction isn’t needed. The truth is, they want to force people to see them “pwn that noob”, and only allowing duels in specific areas denies them that.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!