Optimistic view of your everyday pvp woes

in PvP

Posted by: Talyn Sneider.1825

Talyn Sneider.1825

Yooo,

Forums have been full of negativity lately…and let me tell you I know a LOT about negativity…been battling with a chronic depression my whole life.
So thought about using the magic power of positivism to make someone smile today.

Tell me your horror stories in this league, and let me show you the bright side of them

(I’m at diamond tier mostly solo, duo queue so I’ve been through most of them)

I’ll kick this off with my own horror story:

On a cold winter night I found myself all alone in the realm of anguish, called the queue, there i was sitting at tier 3 in diamond well under my way to legendary, then out of nowhere MMRagman pulled the Lost (players trying to achievement hunt with classes they don’t kitten about) into my party…

I grabbed my tempest and strapped in for the fight of my life….washed all the pain away but still lost 550 to 64…muttered to myself…that’s ok…MMRagman will find another victim…I believe I’ll be blessed MMRejus will protect me next time I’m in the domain of anguish…..

Yeah….after 25 consecutive losses, i was in such a state where i could be 1 vs 1 a 2 year old and I would still lose….finally I shut down the game, resisted the urge to throw my laptop through the window and went to bed….had nightmares about malyx heralds and gravity wells all night

BRIGHT SIDE: Learned to know my limits, now when starting a losing streak (2 consecutive losses) I go out for a walk and give MMRagman some time to himself. Learned that It happens to all of us not just some forum posters, now I relate to every forum post i read.
Learned to enjoy when MMRejus protects me with a chain of victories, bless his soul.

Now tell me your horror story and so i can give it an happy ending.

Casual pvp’er – Can only play 2-3 hours a day

https://www.gw2pvp.de/profile/ab4bd8fa4c3f250ac9533c479b0b862b/

(edited by Talyn Sneider.1825)

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Instead throwing it, gief.

in PvP

Talyn Sneider.1825

Ok since you asked…here’s another:

On a stormy winter night I found myself with 2 other brave souls, ready to face whatever MMRagman could throw at us……queue poped I checked teams comps, and beholdddd:

The EverWaiting Ones (also know as ESL players tanking MMR so they can have shorter queue times), we strengthened our resolve, I muttered we’re doomed…one of the brave souls said NO where not let’s do thisssss……I grabbed my tempest and tried to wash all the pain away, fell to my back and got back to respawn…….

6 minutes later and a merciful lord kill by the EverWaiting Ones, and we lost 660 to 65…..then as silently as they came they returned to the domain of anguish were they remain still always Waiting always Jumping

To this day when i open team comps I pray to MMResus to save me from The EverWaiting Ones….

BRIGHT SIDE: learned that there aren’t many EverWaiting Ones and if you stick with the crowd of players (prime times) you’ll avoid MMRagman attempts to make you face the EverWaiting Ones
Learned to be humble…no I’m not a pro, yes I still have loads to learn, learned that true pros don’t boast about winning and make their opponents suffering quick.

in PvP

Shirlias.8104

i meant the notebook, but thanks for another story!

Btw i play thief so at least you don’t get many:

-Can you swap from thief to another class please?
-Omg a thief again…
-Ok a thief, i go afk.

in PvP

Talyn Sneider.1825

i meant the notebook, but thanks for another story!

Btw i play thief so at least you don’t get many:

-Can you swap from thief to another class please?
-Omg a thief again…
-Ok a thief, i go afk.

BRIGHT SIDE:

You truly appreciate when a player comes along and actively supports you and trusts in you defending you from all the NAY SAYERS.
Whenever you win you know you have truly beaten then odds, you have faced the METArmaggedon and survived to tell the tale, only good players can say that
Think on what you’ll be able to do when METArmaggedon favours thiefs in the future, you’ll be like Son Goku after training in high gravity.

in PvP

Shirlias.8104

The only problem is that we can’t then cooperate at the best.
Btw is kinda a pain to lvl up ( and i’m not playing the standard d/p dd, but S dd ), but yeah when you make it, feels great.

in PvP

Talyn Sneider.1825

Time for another story….hope you’re ready this one is horrible….

On a dark winters night I found myself 1 pip away from ruby….my palms got sweaty, i couldn’t bring myself to play in fear of losing all I’ve earned, I came online tried to find a sure way to earn the HOLY GRAIL (missing pip to climb a division)….i tried it all full teams, friends, mmr tanking….the works……

MMRagman was onto me, the HOLY GRAIL was forever our of reach, 1 week passed desperation set in…was i at my peak? was MMRagman too powerful to face????

Then after losing all hope of reaching diamond, MMRejus found it in his Hearth to guide me to the HOLY GRAIL, i hold it my hands and proceeded to annoy the hell out of my guild mates by saying WUHUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSS like a 2 year old

BRIGHT SIDE: learned that only when we move past our breaking point will we achieve our goals…nothing comes easy in life.
Learned that I wouldn’t give up even when doubting myself
Learned that MMResus is real

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

If this like the happy ending provided by those massage parlors Ashton Kutcher visits?

in PvP

Talyn Sneider.1825

If this like the happy ending provided by those massage parlors Ashton Kutcher visits?

Exactly like that but on your soul

in PvP

Talyn Sneider.1825

Time for another drama filled story….

On a snowy winters night I was LOST – playing a class i know very little about- …cause…achievements that’s why) so I decides why the hell not let’s go with marauder scrapper….mid fight approaching and HI HOOOOOOO I charged onto the NUCLEAR WASTELAND – also know as point -, CC was flying left and right, AOEs were buzzing, Gravity wells were circling…the works…….combine that with the fact that i was LOST and bammm i was dead….to my surprise i was not the only one….2 other team mates were dead, a DH and a necro all of which were caugh inside the NUCLEAR WASTELAND…there was a lone survivor….one of THE EVERLASTING ONES -also known as tanks-

Well we respawned and behold one of our team mates revealed himself as a KAMIKAZE -player that loses control of his frustration levels and starts shooting at his own team mates…some times understandably but never productively -, I’m yet to see a KAMIKAZE verbal burst turning a game around. We proceeded to be beaten into oblivion and received a gg at the end, followed by scrubs shouts followed by KAMIKAZE rants.

BRIGHT SIDE: if your dpsing learn that sometimes you need to chose the right time to enter the NUCLEAR WASTELAND which is ruled with an iron fist by the EVER LASTING ONES, hide behind pillars, ramps whatever you can and dps at a range, when the NUCLEAR WASTELAND settles down hi hooo away and enter it.
Learned to control my frustration levels…people may be doing wrong stuff -being noobish, kittens or even tanking the game- but that doesn’t justify that you also do a wrong thing…be the better person and remember two wrong never make a right.
Learned that where my liberty ends where my team mates liberty’s begin…I made a real effort to master alternative classes to avoid filling the ranks of the lost.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Yeah….after 25 consecutive losses, i was in such a state where i could be 1 vs 1 a 2 year old and I would still lose….finally I shut down the game, resisted the urge to throw my laptop through the window and went to bed….had nightmares about malyx heralds and gravity wells all night

I think I’ve found your problem. Laptops aren’t noted for their great FPS (needed for reading tells) and aren’t exactly ergonomic. I mean yeah there are gaming laptops with good FPS but seems pointless in light of needing to be home usually to game.

As for me I’ve dealt with lots of disconnectors and AFK’ers lately and had a match where we won with two warriors so that was good, likely because the opposing team brought an amber so instead of a match with an average between him and the amber it simply bumped the amber up to his rank…then I lost more games after that -_-

Attachments:

in PvP

Talyn Sneider.1825

I think I’ve found your problem. Laptops aren’t noted for their great FPS (needed for reading tells) and aren’t exactly ergonomic. I mean yeah there are gaming laptops with good FPS but seems pointless in light of needing to be home usually to game.

As for me I’ve dealt with lots of disconnectors and AFK’ers lately and had a match where we won with two warriors so that was good, likely because the opposing team brought an amber so instead of a match with an average between him and the amber it simply bumped the amber up to his rank…then I lost more games after that -_-

Yeah….and even so I managed to drag my sorry kitten to diamond league…but a PC is on the shopping list…and i’ts harder to throw

Regarding you experience the BRIGHT SIDE:

Winning with two warriors means two players were partying like hell after the win, and in this METArmagedon warriors need all the happy moments they can get…we should all help them out.
You taught valuable pvp lessons to an young amber padawan

in PvP

Talyn Sneider.1825

Time for another story:

One stormy night I found myself having a faith chrysis…I was left looking at the METArmageddon and not even MMResus could keep my spirits up…I felt like quitting…In desperation i even tried out another mmo….all was vain…..

I looked to the ETHEREAL ONES (arena net devs) for guidance…but they were on vacation…I was alone facing the METArmageddon with no MMResus to save me….

But even the darkest night passes and a new dawn appears…a group of ETHEREAL ONES are launching their space shuttles to destroy the METAOR that is causing the current METArmagedon…can it be? will they succeed?

When I was in this faith chrysis…MMResus blessed me with 8 consecutive wins, so faith restaured

BRIGHT SIDE:
After experimenting with another MMO somehow guild wars 2 problems seem much smaller than before and i got remembered why this has been my home since gw1
8 kitten wins 8 fricking wins….MMResus loves me, may he keep MMRagman at bay
ANET is back baby I have faith in you guys…blow this METAOR and save us O ETHEREAL ONES