Option To Disable Chat

Option To Disable Chat

in PvP

Posted by: wux.7314

wux.7314

Please add an option to disable all chat other than team chat when is SPVP. So other people know you are not accepting chat.

I am so tired of getting /w /s /m because I have beat someone and they are mad. The SPVP community is awful, I really do not want to have to interact with these kinds of disgusting excuses for human beings. I have never played another online game with such a vile ‘community’. (not everyone ofc, but the bad eggs are really ruining it)

(edited by wux.7314)

Option To Disable Chat

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

The game has always had this?
Create a new chat tab and select what you want to see. (The + icon on the top of the chat box)

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

Option To Disable Chat

in PvP

wux.7314

The game has always had this?
Create a new chat tab and select what you want to see. (The + icon on the top of the chat box)

True, but the issue is that if you get any legitimate whispers from a friend. The person may think you are ignoring them, rather than showing a message that you have disabled /w. Also if someone uses /s you can still see what they say above their character.

(edited by wux.7314)

Option To Disable Chat

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Then why don’t you just block everyone who flames?

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

Option To Disable Chat

in PvP

wux.7314

I have been, but they seem to be never ending

Option To Disable Chat

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I have been, but they seem to be never ending

Community isn’t always as bad as it has been lately… I think people are having a hard time adjusting to new metas, their own builds don’t work aswell as they did before, the new cheese builds have gone to a whole new level, static trap monsters everywhere and passive plays to win a game ontop of salty players and allies who afk because they don’t want to fight X profession has been causing quite a lot of tension through out the community. It’s only getting worse the longer the imbalance is left too.

Recently we have had threads about why should people play PvP after they qued when they can afk for the same rewards, and now most games there is pretty much a guarantee that atleast one player is chilling in base waiting for the game to end for his reward tracks.

With everything going, a player may go through 4-6 games happy as larry losing but once he has gone 4-6 games 4v5 then his frustration is high enough to rage at the first person he died too or the guy who lord rushes on foefire at 40 points in.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Option To Disable Chat

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

I think disableing chat will actually do a disservice. I see where you are coming from, but you are better off blocking someone who is being a jerk than blocking team chat. I don;t quite understand why we can see enemy chat though. Much like in WvW where you cant see it. Why can we see it in sPvP?