Option no class stacking= longer que= OK

in PvP

Posted by: Hansen.3264

Hansen.3264

I would gladly wait 3 min longer and get a no class stacking match up.

It could be a selectable option . Yes no class stacking ill wait a bit or option two: hell no give me matchup fast. Class stacking allowed

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

No class stacking would also mean no class swapping at all either. I’m 50/50 on whether I like that idea.

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Yeah, actually the tournaments show a false metagame because teams have to play at least 4 different classes. Probably the actual best composition has 3-4 revenants(note that they can go tankier with traits, runes and paladin’s amulet too).

They should have the same rules as for everyday pvp. Either remove class stacking limit and balance things(<-will never happen) or add the limit to the game. This doesn’t close out the possibility for multiclassing: people could be able to choose from multiple classes they are capable of playing. e.g.:

Entering Queue for Ranked Arena:
—Choose the classes you can play and add a priority to them(1 is highest priority, x means you dont want to play that):

• [ 1 ] Warrior
  • [x] Revenant
  • [ 3 ] Guardian
  • [x] Thief
  • [x] Engineer
  • [x] Ranger
  • [x] Mesmer
  • [ 2 ] Necromancer
  • [x] Elementalist

Note: Groups are organised with 4 different classes at least with people on their highest priority classes. Once they load in and see what the enemy team is most likely running they can change to one of their lower priority classes if they feel like they get countered(and if they meet the 4 different classes rule). The matchmaking also finds you a group if you can only play your 2nd or 3rd etc priority class.

Note: People wouldn’t be able to log to classes marked with an x. And they automatically load in on the top priority character of theirs if possible. Or to help slow-loaders, first a window pops-up about who plays what in both teams so you can choose what you want to run thus you would only have to load in once.

(edited by Kicker.8203)

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Honestly, I don’t see how class stacking is really a problem in soloq. More often than not, class stacking puts you at a disadvantage. For example I am on a mesmer guild, so we often play 5 mesmer. And it’s usually a disaster, but we like it.

At lower level, the skill of the player matters much more than the class. At higher levels, people tend to swap class more easily to adjust their composition in soloq. So I really don’t see the point.

Instead of making this, I’d rather the devs worked on actually balance, so that class stacking is never a problem.

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

Yeah, actually the tournaments show a false metagame because teams have to play at least 4 different classes. Probably the actual best composition has 3-4 revenants(note that they can go tankier with traits, runes and paladin’s amulet too).

They should have the same rules as for everyday pvp. Either remove class stacking limit and balance things(<-will never happen) or add the limit to the game. This doesn’t close out the possibility for multiclassing: people could be able to choose from multiple classes they are capable of playing. e.g.:

Entering Queue for Ranked Arena:
—Choose the classes you can play and add a priority to them(1 is highest priority, x means you dont want to play that):

• [ 1 ] Warrior
  • [x] Revenant
  • [ 3 ] Guardian
  • [x] Thief
  • [x] Engineer
  • [x] Ranger
  • [x] Mesmer
  • [ 2 ] Necromancer
  • [x] Elementalist

Note: Groups are organised with 4 different classes at least with people on their highest priority classes. Once they load in and see what the enemy team is most likely running they can change to one of their lower priority classes if they feel like they get countered(and if they meet the 4 different classes rule). The matchmaking also finds you a group if you can only play your 2nd or 3rd etc priority class.

Note: People wouldn’t be able to log to classes marked with an x. And they automatically load in on the top priority character of theirs if possible. Or to help slow-loaders, first a window pops-up about who plays what in both teams so you can choose what you want to run thus you would only have to load in once.

I’m no programmer but that sounds like a cool idea but a nightmare to write code for. There would be so much backend code need to be written to make it work, identifying priorities etc and then UI design.

I wouldn’t do it if I was a game dev, I’d just lock out class swapping and code in no class stacking which Anet said they can do quite easily but only if there was a big enough consensus for it which there isn’t. You Aus up on a class, you get selected for a match and then can’t change guaranteeing 5 different classes per team which sounds fine to me tbh, no need for counter swapping etc. neither option will happen though because even with the mini amounts of complaints about class stacking in random games, the complaints of class locking would be even greater.

in PvP

Kicker.8203

I’m no programmer but that sounds like a cool idea but a nightmare to write code for. There would be so much backend code need to be written to make it work, identifying priorities etc and then UI design.

Well it’s not an easy job but definitely not a nightmare.
About the UI: they can do all this with existing ui elements…

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

I dont like class stacking restriction, since with 1 class you can make so many variations and builds that in the end it can look like 2 seperate classes. With class restriction you are eliminating this diversity.

all is vain

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

I dont like class stacking restriction, since with 1 class you can make so many variations and builds that in the end it can look like 2 seperate classes. With class restriction you are eliminating this diversity.

See? This right here is a perfect example of what I mean. I’m not picking on you here Emapudapus, what I mean is in your opinion you don’t like stacking restrictions, and some other people really want them. There is no consensus, and likely will never be. You raise a good point aswell. A Bunker Guard, GS Burn Guard and Trap DH are all the same class, but completely different builds. Restricting classes makes little sense in this scenario, but class stacking is problematic in other ways.

in PvP

Kicker.8203

Nobody likes it but it is for the greater good. It would be hard to draw the line between 2 different roles on the same class in many cases. On thief you are ultimately stuck to 1 role anyway and if u r running viable builds you can’t go too far from the meta on the majority of classes.