Option to Display Over-Head HP Bars in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

Hi.

As a QoL update, can we please have the option to display the small health bars above our teammates’ heads in matches? In the recent patch, these were removed from people you were partied with and I personally found them quite useful.

It would be nice if the option showed the health bars on all of your teammates, regardless of whether you were in a party with them or not too for when not grouped. I had hoped they’d fix it someday so this would be the case, but instead now we have no HP bars at all. =(

Thanks!

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Branden Gee.2150

Branden Gee.2150

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

This was not an intended change. I believe we are going to be fixing it soon.

in PvP

Posted by: Eiffel.8937

Eiffel.8937

:-( but why
real permanent healthbars and the class icon for every player without the need to tab through them would be so helpful
now we always have to keep an eye on the upper left when we want to see the health bar of our party members
that is not good cause you have to keep an eye on the action in the middle of the screen healtbars would be really helpful here

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

:-( but why
real permanent healthbars and the class icon for every player without the need to tab through them would be so helpful
now we always have to keep an eye on the upper left when we want to see the health bar of our party members
that is not good cause you have to keep an eye on the action in the middle of the screen healtbars would be really helpful here

I fully agree on always showing health bars on teammates.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Eiffel.8937

Eiffel.8937

Something like this would be so helpfull

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Branden Gee.2150

Previous

Branden Gee.2150

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Let me clarify. The removal of party/team/squad healthbars was unintended.

We’re going to fix it so that display at the correct times.

in PvP

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

That’s awesome and will restore the original functionality. Thanks.

It would be great if HP bars appeared over all teammates though regardless of whether you were partied with them or not in PvP so even when solo queuing you could quickly see the status of teammates around you, or at least have the option to do so.

Cheers.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: BlueLycan.8510

BlueLycan.8510

They’re not asking about the glitch.

The OP is suggesting that you have an option to keep the health bars permanently showing above everyone’s head without having to mouse over them or by being super close to them. It really doesn’t make sense -not- to have health bars showing at -all- times if you’re a healer of some sort.

in PvP

Posted by: Pixid.2817

Pixid.2817

I would like class colored/symbols on enemy health bars, and at least see my teamates. Really hard to know who needs heals etc etc

in PvP

Posted by: DeltaZero.6310

DeltaZero.6310

Something like this would be so helpfull

This 100%

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Made a post about this recently – wanted this for years now…. Just show those kitten healthbars permanently over the chars – paleeeeaaaaase! ^^

in PvP

Posted by: Koolaidius.2580

Koolaidius.2580

Do you know when? I’ve been looking everywhere for a way to fix this.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Do you know when? I’ve been looking everywhere for a way to fix this.

They did fix it ages ago, but what the dev is talking about and what the other people in this thread think he was talking about are two different things.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: SlaSh.5827

SlaSh.5827

Lol I don’t understand you guys.

You want to remove every single thing that require a minimum of skill. Why not adding some features that highlight your mate that needs help ! Or when an enemy has no CD anymore just put automatically the target on him ? Why not supporting your mates automatically then ?

Being able to figure out who needs help, who has no CD, who is low life is something part of the game. If you are too lazy to do it don’t play it.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Lol I don’t understand you guys.

You want to remove every single thing that require a minimum of skill. Why not adding some features that highlight your mate that needs help ! Or when an enemy has no CD anymore just put automatically the target on him ? Why not supporting your mates automatically then ?

Being able to figure out who needs help, who has no CD, who is low life is something part of the game. If you are too lazy to do it don’t play it.

Woa, relax buddy!

Thread is over a year old.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.