Outplayed By Children: Team History

in PvP

Posted by: Aaron.2413

Aaron.2413

Due to a rather inspiring story by Aeroxe, I have decided to go ahead with the story of Outplayed By Children…. The team started out with a rather interesting roster. Happy Kid, Davinci, and Wakkey needed two more players for the ToL 1. They picked up Noscoc and then shortly after myself. This was the first team that Nos and I had ever been on. Our teamspeak was interesting with Happy Kid, Davinci, and myself, but was manageable to an extent. The team name was also created at this time. I was 16, Noscoc was 17, Happy was 17, and Davinci acted like he was 12. Going into the ToL 1, we were confident fighting every team except Apex.
However, a dark shadow began to loom over a small canadian computer. Davinci, one of the most notable guardians to ever play the game, through yet another tournament after coming out of the PAX disaster. In addition to this, Happy Kid who had been the primary rotation caller decided that the pressure was too much, he quickly threw the games vs KPz. A team we had a 99% win ratio vs in team q. A team that we were fated to lose to… After that horrendous 2-1 loss to KPz, Davinci and Happy Kid quit the game due to player skill issues. However Noscoc, Wakkey and myself liked each other and decided we wanted to continue to play together. At this point we decided that guardians were no longer needed in the celestial meta, and we decided to look for a warrior and a ele. We quickly came upon Rar and Acandis. Rar was an extremely good mechanical warrior who had previously played for team GF. Acandis was a washed up but kind hearted player from the Esports of the past. We decided we had enough time to teach Acandis elementalist and practice despite Rars terrible schedule. At the same time a schedule conflict came up with the ToL 2 Qualifiers… The best player on the team, Backpack, was going to fatcamp for 3 weeks and would miss the qualifier and come back just before the finals. INSTANTLY the team knew what they had to do….. CUT RAR….. We had to let go of Rar for a variety of reasons, but yet again it boils down to a basic player skill issue…. And Acandis being friends with Ostrich, convinced us to pick him up for the ToL 2…. This made the team: Noscoc (should i stand in big water), Wakkey (u already kno), Backpack (are u kittened?), Acandis (how do i dodge roll), and Ostrich (terminal drunk)…..
The team was set, but a sub was still needed for the ToL 2 Qualifier, low and behold after we beat Caed Zoose and Hibas team about 40 times in a row, they dispanded. Hiba fled to Europe to find a sanctuary of no good engis to dominate him, Caed vanished to a magic land, and Zoose… Zoose was the perfect storm…. Asian, and available… So zoose would sub for backpack while he was gone… The plans were set… Backpack would leave, the team would constantly practice while he was gone, then he would return and take the glory he was born to achieve. However fate had something else in mind… When Backpack returned Chaos was in order… Wakkey had gotten bored and stopped playing, Nos had bullied Acandis into quiting, and Ostrich had to get a kidney transplant….. Therefore the team picked up Zoose as a permanent member leaving the team with 4 solid players and ostrich. The team was ready… The schedule was set. The second Zoose gets back from the All-Star event, the team would practice nonstop until the tourney. However, yet again, Fate had something else in mind…. When Zoose got back, no one carried, we had settled on second (LOL they thought apex could win) and we didnt really care what happened. We ended up team quing 3 times as our full roster before the tourney. The next day, we showed up and made history, winning the first ever tournament with a functionally kittened player, a 16 year old, an asian (obv), a halfy, and a bully.

Unfortunately the story cannot end there. In fact in the last week before the ToL 2, the team was so sick of each other, Noscoc and Zoose were already PRACTICING WITH THEIR NEXT TEAM for the ToG…. That team of course changed its roster significantly cuz of drama… but thats not important…

Following the ToL 2. Backpack not 18, had to leave the team so that they could compete for the WTS 50k Series. Zoose also left for his mates ( a very wise decision), and the team carries on…

That is my story, there are no lies, just truth.

I Am Backpack Man

in PvP

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

I’d like the tale telling trend continue

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: azerte.4365

azerte.4365

and Ostrich had to get a kidney transplant…..

O.o

Schäde – Lolzie
Trillmatic |tM| / Angelic Synergy |Holy|

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

After reading these kind of topics i feel like you lot need a slice of bread in the middle of your circle.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

I don’t know, while the other story was quite insiprational, this is a mix of comedy and “how come you kicked them out of the team???” parts.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

I found this to be an interesting read.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Wall of text too strong, l2paragraph, also ellipsis spam.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

FROM TYRIA’S #1 BEST SELLER COMES:

“With immersive and descriptive language, Backpack’s moving account of fellowship, tribulation, and eventual triumph resounds deeply with the newest generation of aspiring competitive players.” – 11 out of 10

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

Lolololololol so funny hoe you guys ditched people due to skill issues lolololololl.

Also is your name Mike or Aaron?

-Teef Teef Teef Teef

Edit: To Mr. Polished Clean Nails below who’s a mega MLG pro, In terms of mechanical skill im certainly “at that level”. I would play tourneys but Im too busy to be playing at 7-9 which is when the ESL and MP events are.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

(edited by Elitist.8701)

in PvP

Posted by: Travesh.3426

Travesh.3426

Lolololololol so funny hoe you guys ditched people due to skill issues lolololololl.

Also is your name Mike or Aaron?

-Teef Teef Teef Teef

Any top team does this, but you wouldn’t know because you aren’t at that level.

in PvP

Aaron.2413

To be fair no one got truly cut because of player skill issues…
Davinci quit the game
Happy kid quit the game
Rat had a bad schedule and couldn’t play
Acandis was truly made fun of to an extent that it was no longer enjoyable or worth dealing with (noscoc would not stop making fun of him for being bad since he was learning a new class)(i also may have partaken in the bullying)

in PvP

Posted by: Aeroxe.8140

Aeroxe.8140

I am honoured. Also kidney transplants.

Thief (main), ele, guard
Past member of most teams NA. Retired proleague season 1+2.
http://www.twitch.tv/aeroxe

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Zoose was the perfect storm…. Asian, and available…

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: Zoose.1640

Zoose.1640

lmao what a beautiful story. i r8 it 8/8 m8

in PvP

Posted by: Fisalq.2087

Fisalq.2087

hiba went EU cuz no engi there can take him > funny as hell that Hiba is not even in the top 10 engis here in eu ^^
great story enjoyed it

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

hiba went EU cuz no engi there can take him > funny as hell that Hiba is not even in the top 10 engis here in eu ^^
great story enjoyed it

Funny how thinking you are the best at your class is negligible when its all subjective anyway. That doesn’t lead to you winning tournies or anything for that matter. Last time I checked hiba ventured into EU later then you and joined a team and brought a 5 dps meta to EU AND won ToL2 with ease, and what have you done recently? So if I were you, stop trying to boost ur ego because no one cares if you think if you are the best at your class with nothing to show for it.

Great story. I enjoyed it but gf.

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

Aaron.2413

great story enjoyed it

Funny how thinking you are the best at your class is negligible when its all subjective anyway. That doesn’t lead to you winning tournies or anything for that matter. Last time I checked hiba ventured into EU later then you and joined a team and brought a 5 dps meta to EU AND won ToL2 with ease, and what have you done recently? So if I were you, stop trying to boost ur ego because no one cares if you think if you are the best at your class with nothing to show for it.

…. We played 5 DPS first. The best team on EU did not even play. "what have you done recently? " I umm, well slayed u? #ToL2 #Nopractice #Embarrassing #Getgud #Top200Dpsguardafrica

in PvP

Fisalq.2087

great story enjoyed it

Im talking about Hiba as an Engi here in EU nothing els
if you dont understand you need to ask so we explain to you what we ment mk ?
so show some respect , educate yourself pls and stop talking like kids and start comparing EU and NA.

in PvP

Posted by: Ristillath.6745

Ristillath.6745

So Celestial Comp (which is that what CM played), is a DPS comp?
Never knew that.

in PvP

Fisalq.2087

So Celestial Comp (which is that what CM played), is a DPS comp?
Never knew that.

its dps dude they dont even need guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Clerigo.9475

Clerigo.9475

You guys are very good players and i enjoyed reading your story. Thank you

“When in doubt, choose change.” Leung
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” Chopra
‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’ Robin Williams

in PvP

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

great story enjoyed it

Brought the 5 dps meta to EU…. lol
You mean 5 regen condi mightspam bunker meta? In that case, no he had nothing to do with it. My first solo q after the patch before the summer my team had 3 eles, and engi and a warrior, does that mean my soloq invented the meta?:D
Either way I have no idea why people get aroused when explaining just how amazing their region is. What’s the point?

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in PvP

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

and Ostrich (terminal drunk)…..

i lol’d irl

solo cheese engi/ex teef