PLEASE add a "Core only" pvp option.

in PvP

Posted by: Excell.1042

Excell.1042

Really, the powercreep in HoT is not fun, its constantly being ruined by one shot and cheap moments, for the love of god add a core pvp mode so that those who actually enjoy longer matches that actually feel like “I died and it was my fault because I didnt do this or this right” instead of “I died because things are currently massively imbalanced and 1shot”

Please for the love of god do this

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I would like to see this too, but I’m not sure it should be added to Ranked. If this option was available in unranked and custom arena, I would really support it.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Yeah, because that totally didn’t happen with core builds.

in PvP

Posted by: strong and brave.5718

strong and brave.5718

I would be in favor of adding a Core only pvp option, but you have to realize that at this point it would be flawed.

If we go back to core, we would have to endure the lash of the spanking from classes that got buffed on core traitlines.

That would mean necro/warrior/thief would be on the upper floor of the dungeon, and provide us with 24/7 domination.

Anet needs to stop thinking up fantasies and put on the leather stuff. At this point the only way to revert powercreep is to put elite specs into submission or do a rollback to pre-HoT balance.

in PvP

Posted by: Stahlic.9458

Stahlic.9458

Wouldn’t mind it as an Unranked custom mode but I also don’t see why you just don’t buy HoT.

in PvP

Posted by: Excell.1042

Excell.1042

I actually bought HoT and actually played the elitespec, most of which I find really ridiculous in pvp, its like base specs on steroids with very little knowledge over classes still going on, as I said, I feel like it’s a 1 shot meta with classes basically just being on steroids and people being carried by imbalance

in PvP

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

We had the bunker meta in season 1, and it wasn’t that fun. For me personally, I haven’t really encountered the 1-shot meta. Of course, if you’re a thief in berserker, you can’t just charge into AOE spam and expect to survive.

in PvP

Posted by: I I.7359

I I.7359

good idea +1

Fizzy Bubbler

in PvP

Posted by: dannyteo.5864

dannyteo.5864

Never going to happen, the PVP player base is nowhere near large enough for that. you would have insanely long que times if they put that in place.

Imprezer
Bringer of Gainz

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

Sounds a good idea. Could also allow players who own Heart of Thorns but choose to play as a core build to do the core option.

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

The most viable builds I’ve tried that are core —shatter Mesmer and GS/LB Ranger -- are both zerker one shot builds. I think your logic needs some reworking. I’d rather have power damage than 5 man condi spam.

Really, the powercreep in HoT is not fun, its constantly being ruined by one shot and cheap moments, for the love of god add a core pvp mode so that those who actually enjoy longer matches that actually feel like “I died and it was my fault because I didnt do this or this right” instead of “I died because things are currently massively imbalanced and 1shot”

(edited by Faux Play.6104)

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

They won’t because it would ‘split the community’

In the real world, however, (the one that knows this statement to be misleading) it would be a very good thing to see in the game.

+1

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

The most viable builds I’ve tried that are core —shatter Mesmer and GS/LB Ranger -- are both zerker one shot builds.

Power shatter Mesmer was never a 1-shot build.. I played the build pre-HoT, and 1v1’d another mesmer with the exact same build for half the match(and prevailed in the end). I was pretty new to PvP back then but looking back, I think I played well in that particular match.

And when was core ranger ever “the most viable”? Pre-HoT people used to tell rangers to reroll, that’s how bad they were. Like warriors and thieves during season 1.

As for the thread topic, I think no. I would rather see ESpecs toned down, core specs toned up. Make a way for the specs to synergize best with other core specs instead of the elite one.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

(edited by Yannir.4132)

in PvP

Posted by: Ajax of Telamona.6974

Ajax of Telamona.6974

Wouldn’t mind it as an Unranked custom mode but I also don’t see why you just don’t buy HoT.

I own two HoT accounts .

But others hate HoT ( me included) . And they have the right not buy. And because they bought core game they are customers. And customers have the right demand things (polite) from the company named Anet.

It’s sad that they don’t realize the fail of their project. Many people want back core style. This is sad for the expansion try.

As i said before : This time anet promotes HoT by power up all HoT skill-classes til all buy it or leave the game. Then maybe will see balance.

in PvP

Posted by: Father Busho.2796

Father Busho.2796

Also a big +1 to this idea. It doesn’t need to be ranked even, I would actually go for unranked/custom arena with this option.

Band Of Royal Daggers [BORD]
Aurora Glade
ALL IS VAIN :(

in PvP

Posted by: Tristan.5280

Tristan.5280

+1 great idea

I am an engi main and i miss the dear old Celestial Rifle Vanilla build
Scrapper is way too ez to play, and quite strong.

I would really like to play a Vanilla Tournament, instead of this brainless meta!

in PvP

Posted by: infinitenoah.8296

infinitenoah.8296

I would love to see this added.

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

Terrible idea. Classes aren’t balanced for core, they’re balanced for the full game.

/thread

in PvP

Ajax of Telamona.6974

Terrible idea. Classes aren’t balanced for core, they’re balanced for the full game.

/thread

The key word is balance! Are you suggesting that HoT is balanced?

If yes i won’t be polite with you! Go to a doctor for check up!
The core is almost as was before HoT and the balance will be better from this one !
But if this happens Developer PvP Team needs to do double work in Game.

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

This would be the next stronghold. Waste of resource because lack of support and thought.

in PvP

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

no need for this, i have found a few ‘non elite’ builds that work perfectly fine in current pvp. players should be encouraged to buy the expansion, not be given a ‘safe place’ where they can hide their man-buns from the rest of pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

I would be in favor of adding a Core only pvp option, but you have to realize that at this point it would be flawed.

If we go back to core, we would have to endure the lash of the spanking from classes that got buffed on core traitlines.

That would mean necro/warrior/thief would be on the upper floor of the dungeon, and provide us with 24/7 domination.

Anet needs to stop thinking up fantasies and put on the leather stuff. At this point the only way to revert powercreep is to put elite specs into submission or do a rollback to pre-HoT balance.

At least someone isn’t all nostalgic about pre-HoT state. I do agree that it was much more fun, but it is never going to work again.

in PvP

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

Never going to happen, the PVP player base is nowhere near large enough for that. you would have insanely long que times if they put that in place.

This. I would love to see a core-only queue (yes Anet would have to also roll back the pre-HoT update that started the power creep rolling), but the player base just isn’t big enough.

Yes, I bought HoT but I don’t run the specs because I just don’t care for them. More powerful? Obviously. More fun? Not for me. I also don’t care for the new PvE maps or gliders, so HoT was a seriously bad investment for me.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

In what reality you live? If a company trashes it’s business by giving major products for free then that company will be out of market quickly. Core only pvp is totally free to play, not buy to play as Anet business model is.

in PvP

Yannir.4132

In what reality you live? If a company trashes it’s business by giving major products for free then that company will be out of market quickly. Core only pvp is totally free to play, not buy to play as Anet business model is.

Exactly.

Can you imagine Blizzard for example giving you 10 more levels for not buying an expansion? Just because we don’t get new levels, doesn’t mean we should be on the same power level. I know ANet’s statements contradict this but that was always utopistic on their part, and I would be glad for them to admit that their goal was too ambitious.

All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Ajax of Telamona.6974

For the both above me :
Free to play with restrictions . Core play is easy to separate the free from the customers.
In this can be part only customers and HoT accounts that will have disable the HoT skill.
Can happen and can be easy.
Will not happen cause as i said before :This time anet promotes HoT by power up all HoT skill-classes til all buy it or leave the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

Question for you: Lets assume Anet agrees to increase queue times and adds a new queue. They would then ask us players in poll which ONE you prefer: a) core queue OR b) soloqueue. Adding either of these will decrease pool of players to maintain reasonable matchmaking.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea, they do this and then the forums get flooded with people complaining about how long queue times are for core-only PvP and/or how imbalanced the games are, which both result from a lower player base.

Even if you did get enough players who own HoT to participate, this would still cause tons of other issues.

Honestly, I think this is a very short-sighted idea that would cause more problems than it would solve.

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Just think about your suggestion, how would they both balance the games with elites factored in and without? For sure the core mode would see one class ridiculously unbalanced, and they couldn’t fix it because doing so would screw up the with elite game.
Essentially given what a hard time they have blanacing with elite’s in (which involves altering non-elite traits to compensate for what elite’s do) you’d have to have an entirely separate set of skill definititions for Core. I think this should be done for PVE vs. PVP for really obvious reasons, but I can’t ever see wanting to relearn what all my skills do when I have a core fight vs a elite pvp match.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

The core clesses was not balanced before HoT and you want them back Now, after ANet made all that changes to the main core to balance different issues on the elite specializzation?

Are you serious???

They will never do that for different reasons:
1) that thing will break the community and make mmr even longer than now, making the game really boring
2) the core clesses have not a balance, they changed to fit better the new specializzation, making them unable to be used as a second chance for the pvp area
3) ANet plan was to make More Specializzations, to make More build diversity (but they failed to make the first and I’m shure that we’ll ardly see another elite specializzation too soon) and a turn back to the core class isn’t in they’re plans
4) the game IS HoT, you don’t even need to talk about HoT as an optional expansion, why it’s not. HoT IS the Main Game Now.
5) Why play an old totally unbalanced build if you can play an actual and umbalanced build?

At last, if you really want to play only with Core classes, you can go in Hot Join, make a new Room and name it “Core Only” and allow players to play only with Core class builds, kicking everyone that come in with a specialization build.

Accept the truth and have fun

in PvP

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

Custom arena wouldn’t work, unless Anet massively reworks them. Make it so you can add or disable certain amulets or traitlines. Core just wouldn’t be the same without celestial amulet you know. And you have no way of ensuring everyone abides by the rule unless you have the owner constantly police everyone.

What they could do is maybe make it like a week long event? Like some sort of “Throwback week” similar to WvW golemn rush?

Or maybe during off season, have a “core” queue option instead of disabling ranked for months.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

q time would be long.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Yannir.4132

What they could do is maybe make it like a week long event? Like some sort of “Throwback week” similar to WvW golemn rush?

Or maybe during off season, have a “core” queue option instead of disabling ranked for months.

Now these I could get on board with. As an event it would be fun but a permanent option is too much.

All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Anet failed with HoT and pre-HoT trait system. Their original plan was to bring more elite specs but now they have these broken abominations that they need to fix. Game is having its worst times in my opinion. I miss the build variety in the old trait system. It was also not balanced, but at least I was free to choose my own build and then die.

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

This is what I consider a one shot build, not me but was pretty funny. It is a Mesmer, it is shattering, and it is usable in the current meta.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-IACGTF3gw

The most viable builds I’ve tried that are core —shatter Mesmer and GS/LB Ranger -- are both zerker one shot builds.

Power shatter Mesmer was never a 1-shot build.. I played the build pre-HoT, and 1v1’d another mesmer with the exact same build for half the match(and prevailed in the end). I was pretty new to PvP back then but looking back, I think I played well in that particular match.

And when was core ranger ever “the most viable”? Pre-HoT people used to tell rangers to reroll, that’s how bad they were. Like warriors and thieves during season 1.

As for the thread topic, I think no. I would rather see ESpecs toned down, core specs toned up. Make a way for the specs to synergize best with other core specs instead of the elite one.

in PvP

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

I like you!

in PvP

Ajax of Telamona.6974

Question for you: Lets assume Anet agrees to increase queue times and adds a new queue. They would then ask us players in poll which ONE you prefer: a) core queue OR b) soloqueue. Adding either of these will decrease pool of players to maintain reasonable matchmaking.

And?
If i have to avoid all these shame no problem

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

I hit legend with core Engi. It’s weaker, but not unplayable.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Ajax of Telamona.6974

The core clesses was not balanced before HoT and you want them back Now, after ANet made all that changes to the main core to balance different issues on the elite specializzation?

Are you serious???

They will never do that for different reasons:
1) that thing will break the community and make mmr even longer than now, making the game really boring
2) the core clesses have not a balance, they changed to fit better the new specializzation, making them unable to be used as a second chance for the pvp area
3) ANet plan was to make More Specializzations, to make More build diversity (but they failed to make the first and I’m shure that we’ll ardly see another elite specializzation too soon) and a turn back to the core class isn’t in they’re plans
4) the game IS HoT, you don’t even need to talk about HoT as an optional expansion, why it’s not. HoT IS the Main Game Now.
5) Why play an old totally unbalanced build if you can play an actual and umbalanced build?

At last, if you really want to play only with Core classes, you can go in Hot Join, make a new Room and name it “Core Only” and allow players to play only with Core class builds, kicking everyone that come in with a specialization build.

Accept the truth and have fun

Accept the truth ?
Do i have a different choice right now? Of course not !
I am not accept it but i have to live this . Fun? How u can have fun if u don’t like something?
you said anet tried to do this do that …..
Anet manage one thing : Making noobs look like heroes !
No real viable variety in builds .
Is fail .
I want back my right to choose a build different than this meta kitten and be viable.
I am not say be the best but Viable.
Probably anet won’t bring back core games. The reason is not the q time or all the other u said the MAIN reason is that if do that will accept the failure of her try.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Accept the truth ?
I am not accept it but i have to live this . Fun? How u can have fun if u don’t like something?
Is fail .
I want back my right to choose a build different than this meta kitten and be viable.
Probably anet won’t bring back core games. The reason is not the q time or all the other u said the MAIN reason is that if do that will accept the failure of her try.

Seriously: have you ever had a real chance to chose more than2 builds (if lucky) in sPvP and still be viable? How? When?
Before HoT I played a MM necro with a different playstyle from the main used in that time and that was way better than the meta, but that was a lucky situation. And how to talk about years of sPvP where if you don’t played that “meta” build you was not able to kill the always “meta” calsses, just like now?

The only time I saw a lot of build diversity in sPvP is more than 2 years ago, when everyone played anything and the “balance” was a mere hope.
But also then there was classes and builds way better than others and players that complained about that.

I play from the pre-release and no, I don’t noticed any kind of change in the amount of really strong “meta” builds you can do.

if you find the stronger build for your class, everyone will play it, just why no one want to be easy killed by others or don’t like to be killed as a noob for more than a week only why don’t play the “meta”.

nothing changed in the amount of real meta classes/builds since the sPvP grow up to a pretty good state.

And it will always be like that. In this game.

Yes, you don’t have any choice, you have only that situation and have to play with that.

in PvP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Imagine the queue times if there were a core only mode.

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

It would be a nice addition to unranked if it ever happened but some core builds are now far stronger than pre-hot and some are weaker so it might not be the same if you expect things to be fun again

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

Getting one-shot was a lot more common in pre-hot because things like Shatter Mes + Thief duo, Medi Guard + Thief duo and Ramp Warr + Thief duo were very common and were all capable of blowing someone that wasn’t using cele, soldier or sentinel ammie up in under a second. Even in the cele meta where everyone was bruiser those duos were strong and efficient. And while its great that those tanky amulets are now gone, this just means that there’s even less that would keep those duos in check if we had a core only game mode.

So we would have the hands down burstiest meta the game has ever seen and less class diversity than we have now since Ranger would definitely be out of the meta without Druid and the new pets and most likely Rev as well because of no Glint, if Rev would be allowed in a core only mode to begin with. Necro would most likely also be out of it too, Signet build would probably make a comeback, which isn’t a positive thing. I really hated that build.

in PvP

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

I have both core and hot account, they played the same, its the matching system. Infact, m6 core account is more lucky than my hot account. There really is no need to separate them.

Guild Wars 2 Forever

in PvP

Ajax of Telamona.6974

Accept the truth ?
Is fail .

Seriously: have you ever had a real chance to chose more than2 builds (if lucky) in sPvP and still be viable? How? When?
Before HoT I played a MM necro with a different playstyle from the main used in that time and that was way better than the meta, but that was a lucky situation. And how to talk about years of sPvP where if you don’t played that “meta” build you was not able to kill the always “meta” calsses, just like now?

The only time I saw a lot of build diversity in sPvP is more than 2 years ago, when everyone played anything and the “balance” was a mere hope.
But also then there was classes and builds way better than others and players that complained about that.

I play from the pre-release and no, I don’t noticed any kind of change in the amount of really strong “meta” builds you can do.

if you find the stronger build for your class, everyone will play it, just why no one want to be easy killed by others or don’t like to be killed as a noob for more than a week only why don’t play the “meta”.

nothing changed in the amount of real meta classes/builds since the sPvP grow up to a pretty good state.

And it will always be like that. In this game.

Yes, you don’t have any choice, you have only that situation and have to play with that.

As u can check in forum i champed all classes and i have prof about that. I also played GW1 and started GW2 from the betta stage .

Before HoT can play anything u want. EG : DPS Guard Bunker Guard . Can u do this now? NO!
U could play terror mancer mm, powermancer etc. Can u kittening do now?
NO!
U could play Beastmaster , Power Ranger Spirit Ranger trapper Ranger etc. Can u kittening do now?
The goes on…
Yes all the build wasn’t the same but if u were experienced enough u could help ur team to win .
Personally i play Bunker Guard from the begging till even now. Trapper Ranger the same , MM necro etc never changed it cause i like these builds . And this is my right.
Even now if my team normal i can rule in mid as bunker . But is very kittening difficult !!!
HoT manage this:
Ranger : Druid
Guard : DH
Necro : Condi freak
Warrior : Condi cc beast
Engi: Scrapper
etc
Where the kitten is the variety ?
Don’t wanna separate core? No kittening problem Give more viable build !!!!
And this kittening attitude : Accept the reality and kitten is not acceptable i paid for the collectors i paid 2 HoT account and 2 core for me and my family ! We have the right to complaint !!!
I want to have fun with this game and right now i don’t !
Wanna keep HoT? Fix the kittening balance!
End of this
U can’t ? Be honest and tell it to your customers . And get another expansion or something.
Tired with all this and they are lucky cause right now market don’t have a decent game for people to play . And got stacked here.
I like this game but i won’t keep playing for eternity if this keep going .