[POLL]Do you want a soloq? Vote now

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

374 votes and 90% want soloq back. I hope ANet takes this into account.
Surely their top priority is to satisfy the players, since more players = more money.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

(edited by Random Weird Guy.3528)

in PvP

Posted by: Blacksheep.8932

Blacksheep.8932

Since we are a “Esports wannabe” game, and nobody likes to be in a really long Q, we could follow the example of other esports games, like League of Legends (I am not a league of legends player).
Make a solo/duo queue system, and a group queue system.

Duo queue can’t carry that hard, as you can see the top professional players duo que’ing and losing games left and right all the time, live on twitch.

Theres no reason not to have solo (or solo/duo) queue system, we all want it, it would solve so many problem.
Premade vs pugs is just not fun, who the kitten enjoys losing a 500×50 game against a premade?
Who the kitten enjoys beating 500×50 a game against pugs? Nobody.

#BringSoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

Solo queue isn’t even possible. Since the June/July patches 1 v1 isn’t even viable unless you are paired up against the same class.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Solo queue isn’t even possible. Since the June/July patches 1 v1 isn’t even viable unless you are paired up against the same class.

I’m going to assume you weren’t here for soloq. Soloq has nothing to do with 1v1, you queue solo and are put in a team of 5 players who have queued solo against a team of 5 players who have also all queued solo. This means there is no advantage of pre-organisation on either team.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: WuGzaGenius.5684

WuGzaGenius.5684

I think you should be able to group queue without vsing a 5man premade with a 3man group.

That being said, solo players should be only queued with other solo / duo / trio queue players, no more than that or else its a premade and you will get dominated without a doubt.

There shouldn’t be a separate queue like league of legends has it, it should just be a simple matchmaking system fix.

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

Thanks for sharing the Helseth video. That guy is epic.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

NO, i feel every other week or so someones throws this out there when the facts still are the same.

1- we had solo que and it died for many reasons

2-many people yolo qued

3- this is a team game of 5 vs 5 and no matter what many people will find a reason to why something is broken and its never them.

4- Its already been proven by the many devs who come on here saying you match history is fine. You lost because of the team you were on and the premade you were with. It is amazing that people come on here screaming about unfair match ups and then a dev comes on and shows there past 10 match ups and only one was unfair to them. Seriously how spoiled are the children here?

Good point. Only dead unpopular games like Dota 2 and LoL separate solo and team queues. Clearly GW2 knows how to make a successful and popular PvP experience. Let’s put faith in them as opposed to those other dead games.

A few things here, if you werent here you wouldnt of seen the times for solo que. Many of us had 15+ min solo que times. Which made it so there was no reason for solo que IN GW2.

Also your comparing 2 completely different games to one another. 2 mobas with premade characters and lanes to fight in. In GW2 where players make there own builds based on there own team comps. Its completely different in so many variations and comparing the 3 games is a bit re*****ed in any sense.

Just looking at GW2 history and PvP current situation. Solo isnt a good idea for the masses. There still isnt any league or PvP leaderboard, absolutely nothing to keep players other then the fact that GW2 has the best PvP system out there for individual success. People come onto this forum to complain about MM as it is.

Ive ran into premade Esl/Ag teams and when im on a team of pugs before the match has even started they cry and act like we have already lost. Having 2 seperate ques where potentially you have very average players going up against elite players because people are split into multiple ques from stronghold/ to solo conquest and team conquest.

Lastly we havent seen any of the rewards coming in the Exp, what if they dont interest the PvP player base? Ive given reason why it didnt work before and why it wont work in the future. Bringing in moba games with huge money tournaments and comparing to this is like comparing are not the same at all in a million different ways and you bringing it up simply forced me to write this monologue since i feel you didnt understand me.

Did you even watch helseths video? He makes a lot of sense. Your claim that spvp didn’t work in the past could be true, but there was no progression at that time; no league. Leagues change EVERYTHING.

This. Also back then when we had solo and team queues, team queues gave significantly more rewards than solo, which of course made some solo qers go to team q which lead to longer waittimes for solo q, which made more solo people join team q for better rewards and faster qs, which made solo q waittimes longer, which made…

Solo Q can only work if the rewards are exactly the same as team q, just the rating/leaderboard stuff needs to be different.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

All i was saying is there are so many things that they could do wrong. This community keeps pushing for it on the forum but as many know there are so many little bugs, with a low PvP population and with the expansion coming out were splitting the PvP group as is.

People are throwing reason out there why this should happen and not saying why it failed and what big walls are in the way of it this time. Having a single/duo que would be awesome but it then kills team ques for 3 man teams in team matches. imagine its like the real world and where you cant have your cake and eat it.

in PvP

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

The current system is making the player base smaller by the minute.

While I’ll let the PvP team respond to the other points here, I do want to take a moment and address this:

PvP has steadily grown in population and play hours going on nearly a year now. It’s sky-rocketed since the game went free, and the two weeks before this have been our best weeks literally since the week the game launched. We anticipate this week will be the best week login/play wise PvP has ever had in the history of Gw2.

I don’t want to trivialize your points – and our competitive team has some great reasons why things operate the way they do they’ll lay out and explain in relation to leagues soon: I do want to call out you’re using false population data to support your point.

From an ArenaNet perspective, PvP is the fastest growing part of Gw2 and had more success for us as a business in the last year than it’s had by far in the history of the Guild Wars franchise. Next year is going to be even bigger because of that success.

I’m really proud of the work the team has done and the work our amazing player community who has helped grow competitive PvP just as much as our dev team has and would hate to see that lost in this discussion.
-CJ

I just wanted to put this beauty of a snippit in here in case anyone had the hope that we could get solo queue back if populations improve. Evidently populations are fine, they just took away solo queue because… because…… reasons…

in PvP

Posted by: Style.1092

Style.1092

+1 for solo queue

Cpt Nemo Kolkozy

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

I voted. So will anet take this seriously? I think they should

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

I assume the Teamq model will remain 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 people can enter? Just be aware if the number of 1 players decreases (joining Teamq) too much it will be pretty frustrating for 2, 3 and 4 man groups.

Queue times will increase BUT with HoT coming out and F2P there probably isn’t going to be a better time to hope volume of players helps out.

I don’t know how easy it is for Anet to swap and change the queue systems but if they wanted to experiment I guess now is the time. If not I can’t blame them.

in PvP

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

I think we should just keep bumping this until we get someone to respond on why Anet wants pvp to be premades only.

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

I assume the Teamq model will remain 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 people can enter? Just be aware if the number of 1 players decreases (joining Teamq) too much it will be pretty frustrating for 2, 3 and 4 man groups.

Queue times will increase BUT with HoT coming out and F2P there probably isn’t going to be a better time to hope volume of players helps out.

I don’t know how easy it is for Anet to swap and change the queue systems but if they wanted to experiment I guess now is the time. If not I can’t blame them.

This is the reason why soloqueue won’t come back in the first season.

With a soloqueue many other combinations in ranked queue are kittened, no 2-2-1, 4-1,3-1-1, 2-1-1-1.

Basically anet should remake the queue system with soloqueue and full 5 men team only, to not create issues.

I’m not saying is a bad idea, probably full team queue + soloqueue is the best thing for this game right now to avoid matchamking complaints, considering, the actual matchmaking can’t match properly roster size every time.

But I’m really sure we won’t get soloqueue for the first season, maybe for the second season if the complaints will be huge.

PS I voted for soloqueue.

(edited by Phil.8901)

in PvP

Coulter.2315

With a soloqueue many other combinations in ranked queue are kittened, no 2-2-1, 4-1,3-1-1, 2-1-1-1.

Basically anet should remake the queue system with soloqueue and full 5 men team only, to not create issues.

I’m not saying is a bad idea, probably full team queue + soloqueue is the best thing for this game right now to avoid matchamking complaints, considering, the actual matchmaking can’t match properly roster size every time.

But I’m really sure we won’t get soloqueue for the first season, maybe for the second season if the complaints will be huge.

Having Soloq and 5manq then really shrinks the 5manq to a very small set of people – I don’t think they can go for that option. Its a very difficult situation to balance access and legitimacy.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Here is what’s going to happen without a soloq system, being forced ranked into the highest tier of pvp when you team queue, (but apparently you will separate whether we go soloq or teamq) Individual mixed mmr is bad whether the devs think they are clever or not, this will only lead to posts such as “Why am I legendary tier playing with bronze tier players?!”

The inherent problem without splitting queues is that the worst player can be carried in a team of 4 good players but individually be the weakest player team wise. Soloq is a dead dream, but hopefully the ANet staff remembers why they made soloq to begin with, which was a dwindling number of players that stopped pvp’ing after release, sure your numbers prove because you added a pvp daily implies more people play pvp, but that is a lie.

(edited by XGhoul.7426)

in PvP

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

Voted no.

Queue type is not any priority – only mathmaking is. I get balanced matches most time regardless queue type.

Another point is that I VERY rarely get mached against a team (like less than 1/20).
I play EU primetime.

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Voted no.

Queue type is not any priority – only mathmaking is. I get balanced matches most time regardless queue type.

Another point is that I VERY rarely get mached against a team (like less than 1/20).
I play EU primetime.

You didn’t watch helseths video I presume. Solo q is good for the game not just matchmaking. Watch it and you’ll learn more.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Phil.8901

Having Soloq and 5manq then really shrinks the 5manq to a very small set of people – I don’t think they can go for that option. Its a very difficult situation to balance access and legitimacy.

The alternative is what we have now, different roster size matched in the ranked queue with a lot of unbalanced games.

Before we had soloqueue and team queue with a totally different matchamking,no map voting, no team leaderboard and no pvp leagues.

It would be a big difference a soloqueue + a teamqueue right now. Full 5 men teams are really incentivated to go on teamqueue, They have an elo leaderboard, different rewards and access to major tournaments.

in PvP

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

My personal belief is there will be people who dont’ pvp at all. Or stop pvping because there isn’t solo queue.

So when anet are considering queue time or people who queue in different size, I also want to point out Anet might loss potential pvp players because they are forced to queue with premades.

Weather solo queue is a good idea or not. Anet probably knows better than most of us since they have all the data. But it seems most solo queue players dont’ want to fight premades. And premades dont’ want to fight solo players anyway.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in PvP

Phil.8901

My personal belief is there will be people who dont’ pvp at all. Or stop pvping because there isn’t solo queue.

So when anet are considering queue time or people who queue in different size, I also want to point out Anet might loss potential pvp players because they are forced to queue with premades.

Weather solo queue is a good idea or not. Anet probably knows better than most of us since they have all the data. But it seemed most people want solo queue. And premades dont’ want to fight solo players anyway.

I think the same

Look this scenario:

Go in soloqueue, 6min + in queue doing nothing in the MIST, other 1 min and half before the match. Bad matchmaking, bad roster sizes matched (more solo in a side and solid premade in the onther side) and bad prof compositions = bad game.

Ofc game lost and Time wasted 17 min more or less.

In like 2 hours of game this scenario can hapen a lot. This is a common scenario with the soloqueue experience with this matchmaking.

Final result: quit or just do something else + complaints.

in PvP

Coulter.2315

The alternative is what we have now, different roster size matched in the ranked queue with a lot of unbalanced games.

Before we had soloqueue and team queue with a totally different matchamking,no map voting, no team leaderboard and no pvp leagues.

It would be a big difference a soloqueue + a teamqueue right now. Full 5 men teams are really incentivated to go on teamqueue, They have an elo leaderboard, different rewards and access to major tournaments.

I know your points and appreciate them, just want to keep in everyone’s mind the tradeoffs and issues that the change of system would bring. As I said earlier if there was a time to try go back to split soloq/teamq now could be the right time (due to HoT and new F2P players) – but don’t for a moment believe it will all be positive, there will be some negative impacts too (mainly wanting to queue with <5 people).

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Weather solo queue is a good idea or not. Anet probably knows better than most of us since they have all the data. But it seemed most people want solo queue. And premades dont’ want to fight solo players anyway.

I think the same

Look this scenario:

Go in soloqueue, 6min + in queue doing nothing in the MIST, other 1 min and half before the match. Bad matchmaking, bad roster sizes matched (more solo in a side and solid premade in the onther side) and bad prof compositions = bad game.

Ofc game lost and Time wasted 17 min more or less.

In like 2 hours of game this scenario can hapen a lot. This is a common scenario with the soloqueue experience with this matchmaking.

Final result: quit or just do something else + complaints.

this was my experience and result. now if i pvp its just hotjoin. at least there its usu solo players and i don’t have to waste so much time on terrible matchups

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

I feel that ANet needs to be reminded about this poll result.

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

YES
ofc i do

;d

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO