PP/sd thief fun dueling Video

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

A quick vid of me vsing a dp thief, high Engi and Phantasm Mesmer with dual pistol thief hope you guys enjoy it

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Not to burst your bubble, but duels don’t really matter.

That and the players you were fighting were less-than-skilled.

You should record footage of you playing tournaments with that build.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

what is this I don’t even

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Its unfortunately too stealth reliant for Capture point play, and the TTK is much too long. P/P might be fun, but it’s just dead until it sees an overhaul.

Don’t take that as bashing, just being honest.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in PvP

vincecontix.1264

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Yea i agree with you duels are not really that important its more for a bit of fun and to show p/p wep set for thief isnt as bad as people think. I do have footage of absolutely dominating in spvp matches with this build uploading them soon. I also realize that pawning in spvp isn’t that impressive as the skill level of some players is absolutely terrible. Tournament footage of the build is next on my list.

Isle of Janthir

in PvP

vincecontix.1264

Oh and yes I do realize this is def not viable for high lvl tpvp

Isle of Janthir

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Yea i agree with you duels are not really that important its more for a bit of fun and to show p/p wep set for thief isnt as bad as people think. I do have footage of absolutely dominating in spvp matches with this build uploading them soon. I also realize that pawning in spvp isn’t that impressive as the skill level of some players is absolutely terrible. Tournament footage of the build is next on my list.

P/P is exactly as bad as people think.

- Auto attack and Dual skill are at direct odds with each other (one’s based on condition damage, the other power/crit)
- No Escapes
- No Mobility, No mobility hindrance
- Body shot is still a severely under performing skill. Head shot and Black powder are good, but pure utility skills – that leaves AA and Unload to do all the damage, see point 1.

I’m glad that you have fun with it, and that it works for you. But the point still remains that P/P’s extremely poor design needs addressing.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

TheMightyAltroll.3485

No it is as bad as people think.
No one says that P/P can’t kill or gank. It’s just all our options are superior, P/P has a niche that well isn’t significant enough to justify it at the bottom line and it’s risky to take with it’s limited defenses.

Or to put it in perspective.
A mesmer throws down Illusionary Unload. Now that Mesmer has its own P/P thief, better incombat mobility, and more secure damage mitigation while that unload not taking away from its use of utility skills via a initiative system, instead it fuels its illusion mechanic.

I think people talk ill of body shot these days out of habit, the skill is significantly better than it used to be and is starting to line up with what Jon Peters said about the set. Which by extension made P/P a better set as well, but it’s still a duck set and what thief wants to be a duck.

Either way do you, and take it as far as you can.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in PvP

vincecontix.1264

evilapprentice.6379
Well with the current meta of high lvl tpvp the thief class as a whole need some addressing. On its own yes pp has a few weakness but if you mix it up with sd its a really powerful set. You have all the mobility and escapes you will need and one of the highest ranged dps. It addition with sd you will be able to deal with high retaliation build.

Isle of Janthir

(edited by vincecontix.1264)

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

TheMightyAltroll.3485

No it is as bad as people think.
No one says that P/P can’t kill or gank. It’s just all our options are superior, P/P has a niche that well isn’t significant enough to justify it at the bottom line and it’s risky to take with it’s limited defenses.

Or to put it in perspective.
A mesmer throws down Illusionary Unload. Now that Mesmer has its own P/P thief, better incombat mobility, and more secure damage mitigation while that unload not taking away from its use of utility skills via a initiative system, instead it fuels its illusion mechanic.

I think people talk ill of body shot these days out of habit, the skill is significantly better than it used to be and is starting to line up with what Jon Peters said about the set. Which by extension made P/P a better set as well, but it’s still a duck set and what thief wants to be a duck.

Either way do you, and take it as far as you can.

I still disagree about body shot – it’s another utility skill on a set that already has 2 pure utility skills – headshot and black powder are amazing, but they do no damage. You rely on 1 2 3 to do all your damage, and 10 stacks of vulnerability for 3 seconds is nothing special. It competes with Unload for init consumption, and it’s only compatible with Unload (since AA is condition damage based).

It’s not as awful as it once was, and I suppose it might be useful in a group scenario, but 3 seconds is an awful small window for coordination, and can easily be nullified by a teleport/dodge/block/immune. Maybe when the disparity between AA and Unload is addressed, body shot will be in a better place. It’s been a year tho, and P/P is still a thief’s worst set by far.

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379
Well with the current meta of high lvl tpvp the thief class as a whole need some addressing. On its own yes pp has a few weakness but if you mix it up with sd its a really powerful set. You have all the mobility and escapes you will need and one of the highest ranged dps. It addition with sd you will be able to deal with high retaliation build.

While P/P is out, you have no weapon based mobility or escapes. Maybe you have the highest ranged burst (I don’t know the numbers well enough to agree or disagree), but you certainly don’t have the highest ranged DPS – your only damaging skill costs 5 init, is a long channel, and competes with your 4 init interrupt and your 6 init smoke field (which is the sets only defense).

You’ve got no AoE, and no trait to turn the shots piercing – the best thieves get is a 50% chance for shots to bounce to 1 additional target – lets also note that said trait competes with Bountiful Theft, Hastened replenishment, and Sleight of hand – all very strong traits (Hastened replenishment arguably so, but it can still be considered strong).

Again, I’m glad you like the set, and that you feel powerful using it, but the fact remains P/P is bad, and your spec is weaker for trying to cram P/P into it in a useable form.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

It’s not as awful as it once was, and I suppose it might be useful in a group scenario, but 3 seconds is an awful small window for coordination, and can easily be nullified by a teleport/dodge/block/immune. Maybe when the disparity between AA and Unload is addressed, body shot will be in a better place. It’s been a year tho, and P/P is still a thief’s worst set by far.

I completely agree that the 3 second window is too short, but outside of the duration being low it’s pretty much where it needs to be now and doesn’t need a rework. Don’t know why they dropped it to 3s.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)