PPL Afking on purpose being punished?

in PvP

Posted by: Hirasaki.6208

Hirasaki.6208

Been reporting every single person who just afk’s on base bec either the enemy is ahead 50 points, too many “insert non meta classes here”. And yet still getting teamed up with the same ppl. Take for example this guy below. Pretty sure this DH is doing it routinely since he did this in the first 3 mins. Is Anet doing anything about this guys?

he saw we had 3 thieves while were waiting to start, didn’t say anything or asked anyone to change class. Then suddenly tells everyone to let them win and afk in our base when home got double teamed.

Attachments:

(edited by Hirasaki.6208)

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Lol post his char’s name so I can prepare for when I’m teamed with im.

in PvP

Hirasaki.6208

I think there’s forums rules that says you can’t post names on of the accused here :P. I just hope ANET is doing something about this AFK’ers and DC’ers and PPL are actually reporting this ppl for Idle Player or Match Manipulation.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

With new competitive system coming into play, there needs to be some support on fighting against game throwing players.

in PvP

Posted by: Emdrix.6124

Emdrix.6124

I would have a kitten aswell because 3 thieves= loss 99% off the time.

(edited by Emdrix.6124)

in PvP

Exciton.8942

That is the mindset where problems come from.

You can quit as you like in a casual environment.

But when we talk about competitive PvP, players should always try their best even if odds work against them. That is the basic morality of competition. In sports, a lot of games have a clear weaker side but is it fine for them to just give up? No it isn’t.

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

But when we talk about competitive PvP, players should always try their best even if odds work against them. That is the basic morality of competition. In sports, a lot of games have a clear weaker side but is it fine for them to just give up? No it isn’t.

Why would anyone play at a disadvantage. Its like saying try your best in a 4v5 its pointless. Nobody should be forced to play with 3 thieves. Id pick 3 Dhs on my team anyday though

in PvP

Exciton.8942

Why would anyone play at a disadvantage. Its like saying try your best in a 4v5 its pointless. Nobody should be forced to play with 3 thieves. Id pick 3 Dhs on my team anyday though

Because it is competition. The moment you enter the competition, you should try your best. This is not only respecting your teammates but also respecting yourself as a player who tries to compete.

You can do whatever you like in non-competitive environment.

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

Because it is competition. The moment you enter the competition, you should try your best. This is not only respecting your teammates but also respecting yourself as a player who tries to compete.

The thieves didint respect me when they refuse to swap why would I try hard for them.

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

The thieves didint respect me when they refuse to swap why would I try hard for them.

You don’t. You try hard for your own sake. You’re already in the match, might as well play. You can’t control your team’s comp except for your (possibly nonexistent) duo partner, so you’re gonna end up in matches where you feel like you have a comp disadvantage. It only costs you a few minutes more if you try to win, and hey, you might. If the enemy team doesn’t rotate well then multiple thieves can easily prey on them when they’re isolated, it’s not a guaranteed loss at all.

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Fought a match against 5 thieves, being one D/D condi, one P/D and three staff. With all the mobility, they were everywhere and melt the others from my team pretty fast. I managed to put up a fight as playing with scrapper, but by the time we took on those 1v2, was more than enough for the other 3 thieves kill the chars from my team who would split and turn my own fights into a 1v4.

I’ll take 3 good thieves on my team any day instead of 3 DH.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

At the risk of sounding kitteny, I was in a match yesterday (and I have a vid of it on twitch) where we were up vs 3 daredevils. Me being a vanilla p/p engi (despite I have HoT, I still played vanilla) and they were not that difficult. One was staff camping and another was dagger/dagger condi with a trap or 2 (lots of stealth but wasn’t good enough to be a “ghost thief”).

Thieves/daredevils all melt even with a small amount of condis, especially when you force them to use their shadow step or precision signet. I downed 2 of them in a 1v2. Soon before (or after…I don’t remember but it was the same day within an hours from each other) I was up vs 3 DH. One was scepter shield / scepter focus. Lots of blocks. Was a weird build (although effective) lots of traps (go Elixir S lol) but was good at blocking, slow at the pull shield combo. One was a condi (forgot how fast they can stack burn…8-10 in under 2 sec). He was good at stacking and had okish cleanses. Last was pure DPS (I think LB / Sword focus or sword shield) meta medi trapper. That match was prob the hardest we fought.

Mind you I am just getting back into PvP and forgot how bad zerging is lol.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

Hirasaki.6208

Would’nt you know it, got queud with the same Guard that AFK’ed on the first screenshot and here he is again… AFK lol.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I think they should set up a guillotine in HotM and start executing AFK’ers

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I Just report them. I read somewhere you can report them under “botting”

in PvP

Posted by: Jojo.6140

Jojo.6140

Because it is competition.

The thing is though, that there is a chunk of players who dont play for the competition but for the rewards, might that be achievements, champion titles, reward tracks or the legy backpack. Ending lost games faster is one strategy for them to get the rewards faster and thus more efficient. Thats all.

Im wondering though why some people are so raging about it. If I see someone in my team going afk i usually just go afk aswell cause 4v5 isnt winable anymore. So just chill and wait for the next match to come.

Btw OP did you use a transparent tool to edit your second screenshot on purpose so everyone can still read the names?

in PvP

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Because it is competition.

The thing is though, that there is a chunk of players who dont play for the competition but for the rewards, might that be achievements, champion titles, reward tracks or the legy backpack. Ending lost games faster is one strategy for them to get the rewards faster and thus more efficient. Thats all.

Im wondering though why some people are so raging about it. If I see someone in my team going afk i usually just go afk aswell cause 4v5 isnt winable anymore. So just chill and wait for the next match to come.

Btw OP did you use a transparent tool to edit your second screenshot on purpose so everyone can still read the names?

On the contrary…4v5 is still winnable for I have witnessed it with my own eyes

All depends on the group comp, yours and the opponents.