PSA: Dishonor is Enabled

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

You will now get dishonor if you queue dodge or abandon a game.

Queue Dodge: 3 stacks, 6 minutes for the first offense
Abandon: 10 stacks, 17 minutes for first offense

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Will condi-cleanse remove it? If not, it’s OP! Nerf!

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Lol…condi cleanse I wish I was in HoTM right now to see all the people kittening about their debuff and laugh. JUSTICE SERVED.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

Buckle up kids, it’s gunna be gud. Dishonored peeps matched together, the tears will be glorious.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

in PvP

Posted by: Sars.8792

Sars.8792

I think its broken I got a error and dc for 2 secs mid game , came back got a bunch of points even…. cant queue again for 7 mins

in PvP

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I think its broken I got a error and dc for 2 secs mid game , came back got a bunch of points even…. cant queue again for 7 mins

That would suggest that it does indeed work exactly as intended.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

It’s terrible.
Just played game, DC’ed on loading map (my internet connection was fine since I wasn’t DC’ed from IRC). Rejoined before it started… played entire match and finished with dishonor penalty.

Sugestion: start counting ‘leaving’ after start of the match, not before it as it’s now… this way we could also switch chars to get less random team composition and have more competitive matches…

What is worse, in described situation, there is no reason for me to rejoin game, since it’s counted as loss for me even if I win it. Clearly bad design.

(edited by Morwath.9817)

in PvP

GhOst.4019

Correct. A DC or intentional leave (System obviously can’t differentiate) you get dishonor. -3 on LB’s for ranked. Working as it is suppose to.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Sars.8792

that’s weird , what are new rules for dishonored then? i guess if you switch chars mid match that would do it too?

in PvP

Sars.8792

I’m saying it was like random dc from an error i guess from patch day at start of match i instantly came back for the rest of match. it never worked like that before correct?

in PvP

GhOst.4019

that’s weird , what are new rules for dishonored then? i guess if you switch chars mid match that would do it too?

Yes because you are logging out. Log out = dishonor. Wouldn’t you be Qing with the character you want to play with……? No need to switch.

“Sars.8792:
I’m saying it was like random dc from an error i guess from patch day at start of match i instantly came back for the rest of match. it never worked like that before correct?”

There was no dishonor before. So there is no way it could work like before. Doesn’t matter if you come back and play the match; you left (for whatever the reason) and so you get dishonor.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

(edited by GhOst.4019)

in PvP

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Mushu: Oooh! All right, that’s it! Dishonor! Dishonor on your whole family!
[to Cri-Kee]
Mushu: Make a note of this: dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow, dis...

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: KhaidaG.5098

KhaidaG.5098

For the past week or two I’ve been getting disconnects during matches almost daily, often multiple times a day. Internet works fine, clearly a problem with the servers. Now I’m basically unable to play because disconnects count as leaving. Sorry, but this system is nonsense.

Mes/Eng. Top 4 EU WTS Boston and Cologne, Top 5 Challenger ladder S1. https://www.twitch.tv/khaidag

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

don’t play ranked, if your internet service provider is having issues , dc’ing and rejoining consistantly causes more annoyance , i’d rather have a different person join than spending that whole match 4vs5 with one person dc’ing every 3mins.

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

6 minutes is too harsh. If someone in your party forgets to click while you’re talking to each other you all have to wait.

Make it 30 seconds. Then 1 minute. Then 3 minutes. Then 6 minutes.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

GhOst.4019

don’t play ranked, if your internet service provider is having issues , dc’ing and rejoining consistantly causes more annoyance , i’d rather have a different person join than spending that whole match 4vs5 with one person dc’ing every 3mins.

Agree. It is obviously not a server issue or everyone would be having this problem. It is either your computer/ cables or your ISP.

6 minutes is too harsh. If someone in your party forgets to click while you’re talking to each other you all have to wait.

Make it 30 seconds. Then 1 minute. Then 3 minutes. Then 6 minutes.

So you are talking to them and you can’t remind everyone to click accept? “Hey Bob how was work toda….Q poped everyone accept”. 6 Minutes is perfect IMO for first offense. A good wake up call.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: TheLargeUnit.2793

TheLargeUnit.2793

The bug that causes random match prompts without queuing up (or previously causes match prompts when already in a game) is not fixed. My party member just got a queue pop when we were not in queue, I was afk at the time so he had to decline and he is now timed out due to dishonor. I thought the point of the no-dishonor period was to fix these things, but this is unacceptable. You are now timing out players who haven’t done anything wrong. I’m sure you can imagine how frustrating that is.

Achmed Afro Thunder ~ Six Ft Pole Achmed ~ Dharok The Ravenous
Long Live [ASAP] Zerg: The greatest guild that ever was or will be.

in PvP

Sars.8792

what does it mean by 3 stacks and 10 stacks? where are you reading the rules for this?

in PvP

GhOst.4019

The bug that causes random match prompts without queuing up (or previously causes match prompts when already in a game) is not fixed. My party member just got a queue pop when we were not in queue, I was afk at the time so he had to decline and he is now timed out due to dishonor. I thought the point of the no-dishonor period was to fix these things, but this is unacceptable. You are now timing out players who haven’t done anything wrong. I’m sure you can imagine how frustrating that is.

It is bugged with Q’s coming back after cancelled, but he should have accepted. If that happens to me, I am going into the match. My friend will just have to wait for me to return or play one by himself. Too many people saying, “I canceled, it came back, I declined, I have dishonor and now I am kittened”. Well you should have just accepted…… They will fix it but in the meantime, the only way to avoid your dishonor is to click accept.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: Silence Re.8729

Silence Re.8729

WHY 50 minutes whe i just dced(1 time, just 1st time)??? yeah i got bad inet, but i recconect and continue game, why we can’t change characters(we still don’t have templates and it is easier to swap on other character)
i hate this update, on top – guys who plays solo, who plays solo more than other, with <50% winrate

Attachments:

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

You only receive ~50 minutes of dishonor if you have 20 stacks of dishonor. That’s two abandons.

I’ll still take a look your account just in case.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

in PvP

Posted by: Groutesk.6082

Groutesk.6082

bun can you explain how it stacks?

in PvP

Posted by: Silence Re.8729

Silence Re.8729

but but but i didn’t abandon,.. i just got dc and i reconnect,.. so… i got first dc today, how i got 50 min?

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

dc + reconnect = abandon.

We need a little grace time :\

in PvP

Posted by: Ampris.5321

Ampris.5321

i joined a q and when it popped i was looking at my traits for what i thought was like 5 seconds but poof my q goes away and dishonor. o kitten. i can kind of accept that, it was my b, seems lame that u get dishonor for unranked q dodge since u cant tell anything about the match ur going into, but whatever. i get into another match and dc, come back, finish the match, suddenly im staring down the barrel of a huge dishonor timeout.

this is my question. does dishonor go away? you dont have to tell me how cuz obv ppl would then exploit it, but am i stuck with it forever? if so, spvp is basically no longer a thing cuz i cant control when the game(just the game) dcs me.

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

Server Programmer (sPvP)

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

I have a feeling EU servers have been getting better compared to the realibility drop this year.

But with the short dcs awarding you with dishonor, is EU leading NA in total dishonor gathered and by how much?

Is it not possible to differentiate beetwen a afk getting kicked dc and a perosn raged and pulled cable out aka gw2 laggs and kicks you while teamspeak and even stream work flawless?
Im glad dishonoers will get penalty and actually wont be able to play, but the -3 will hurt someone who actualy trying sooo bad and i will probaly write rage bug report everytime it happens.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Found an idempotence failure for dishonor. Disabling it until it’s resolved.

Server Programmer (sPvP)