PSA: People make mistakes

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

This is just to address those who think that because their teammate did someone wrong, that they are the worst player in the world, etc. Players can make mistakes in their gameplay.

I’ll be honest, I pretty much quit gw2 since the end of s2. I’m starting to look around again and maybe play some ranked, but I still see threads about being matched with “the worst players”. They tend to cite examples, like pushing far, and dying, etc. Sometimes pushing far is a viable strategy, sometimes the enemy counters your play. Sometimes your kid falls while you are soloing chieftain, and you afk for a sec to be killed, while soloing the npcs.

Please just understand that mistakes happen to everyone. If you start trash talking your teammates or stop playing, you are not going to suddenly get matched with “good” players next game. Accept the mistake and move on. After 3 years of pvp, I’ve seen so many games turn around, it’s silly to expect a mistake to be the end, when it happens in the first minute of the game.

Those of you that give up easy, are likely the same people complaining about mmr hell, or bad teammates. We all get mixed bags for allies and enemies, some games are much easier, some impossible, but don’t give up instantly, because your thief died in 2 seconds, or your ele went home instead of mid, etc. Play the game, and see if recovery is possible, feel free to explain your reasoning of what could be done better, but don’t just spend the rest of the match name calling others. And expecting people to believe you’re the special snowflake in a sea of mediocrity.

I hope this is helpful, but at the very least, I feel it had to be said.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Just when you think you have the worst teammates you join an unranked match and watch as a greatsword warrior charges mid with four enemies there and gets insta-downed. Was it overconfidence or did he have serious VRAM issues where only one player rendered when in actuality there were four? I honestly don’t know.

in PvP

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

I’ve been hurling myself at the league games as hard as I can since the beginning of the season. I think I’ve gotten somewhere over 570 games? Only 210 were victories and I’m still in Ruby’s upper tiers because of loss streaks.

Teammates can cause bad things to happen. Sometimes you just end up against a team who knows how to call targets and focus them well. Sometimes their comps are better than ours. Sometimes I or a number of others play bad or make poor decisions, or just plain do bad on certain maps (Kyhlo/Temple for me in particular).

I just keep trying, but I admit that its tiring at times and I find myself taking breaks because it becomes less about enjoying a good match and more of a troublesome grind that I often feel that I’ll never finish before the season ends.

It doesn’t help that I feel as though my favorite profession has eaten some knee-jerk nerfs that have made things more difficult in the current Meta, and I dont have time/really want to git gud at one of the other top meta professions for results when they’re not really as fun for me.

(edited by Euthymias.7984)

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

I’ve been hurling myself at the league games as hard as I can since the beginning of the season. I think I’ve gotten somewhere over 570 games? Only 210 were victories and I’m still in Ruby’s upper tiers because of loss streaks.

Teammates can cause bad things to happen. Sometimes you just end up against a team who knows how to call targets and focus them well. Sometimes their comps are better than ours. Sometimes I or a number of others play bad or make poor decisions, or just plain do bad on certain maps (Kyhlo/Temple for me in particular).

I just keep trying, but I admit that its tiring at times and I find myself taking breaks because it becomes less about enjoying a good match and more of a troublesome grind that I often feel that I’ll never finish before the season ends.

It doesn’t help that I feel as though my favorite profession has eaten some knee-jerk nerfs that have made things more difficult in the current Meta, and I dont have time/really want to git gud at one of the other top meta professions for results when they’re not really as fun for me.

The more you play, the more you lose, therefore the harder it is to climb out of the hole. Personally I play for no more than 10 games a day. Usually I win 50-65 % of my games. Last two days, though I had bad nights. Those bad nights add up if you just beating your head against the system. There’s really no point.