PSA: Your profession is gonna be out of meta

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Next season that is…

And guess what? It will always persist.
This is not even uncommon for online games, ranging from Strategy to Turn Based Text Combat.
This is what happens when you got a system that invites certain roles, with several professions overlapping each role. The only way to bring this in line is to give every profession the same skillset, which won’t happen.

This will also happen whether the game is healthily balanced or not, or even fun to play – your profession won’t be meta, simply because another one can fit your job better.

One minor tip; if you do not enjoy playing the game because of the next meta or because of the state of your profession – take a break. You do not pay monthly to log in, and there is a plethora of other things that can be enjoyed in either GW2 or outside of it. I did this as well, and honestly, I think it was for the better, despite not being a legend now.

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

Meta is in everyone of us, only choosen proffesion make our game easier or harder.

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

just learn to play more than one profession then there will be no problem.
there will always be a meta profession to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

meta exists to be countered by real teams /tinfoilhat

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

If you look at pre-HoT meta, 7 out of 8 professions were played regularly in tournaments. Ranger was rarely played (but still sometimes) and ele was a bit over the top (teams had between 1 and 2), but all others professions were present in similar proportions.

So yes, a nearly-balanced meta IS possible. A meta where differences between classes overlapping for the same role are small enough that you personal skill with this professions matters more.

In the current meta, a bad bunker mesmer or revenant would still add more to its team than a good warrior. And at the end, every competitive team ran the exact same composition, save a possible swap between engi and ranger (2 bunk mes, 2 revs, 1 engi/ranger). This makes it possibly the least balance meta of all time in gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Idk about other players but for me: i hate this meta not mainly because my main class is not doing so well (thief) but frankly because meta itself atm is extremely boring, slow paced and there is 0 skill involved. Even if you win matches/fights you don’t feel like you actually accomplished anything or won.

Clearly, in some metas some classes will be stronger than others but atm it is just massive bunker snooze fest and i personally don’t find it any enjoyable.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Well, usually i like to enjoy 1v1 as Staff thief vs:
-reapers
-tempests
-thieves
-chronomancers
-revenants
-warriors
-and sometimes druids.

Engineers and guardians are out of range to me

And its quite fun, cause i don’t play a blind/stealth spam build ( i like to dodge skills with both S 3 and S 5 ).

Still, if the party is not cooperating is hard to join and leave teamfight ( i mean, i know that feel ). You are meant the most for finishing a target ( bring him down, not stomping or finishing ) or help targets putting pressure on enemies with burst dmg.

The old season was way better tbh ( i can still enjoy this one, but yeah… we are out of meta ).

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Meta is in everyone of us, only choosen proffesion make our game easier or harder.

Such motivation.