PVP ASCENSION obtainable or not?!?!?!?!?!

in PvP

Posted by: Toasa.1236

Toasa.1236

NEED TO KNNOWWW

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Fifteen Yeseroos

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

Were the achievements modified?

in PvP

Posted by: Toasa.1236

Toasa.1236

Fifteen Yeseroos

“TAKE MY MONEY” and give it to mee

in PvP

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

ye its still obtainable, i guess the achievements changed slightly since the system changed

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I am pretty confused about this. Before it was said that after Year of Ascension it would become significantly harder to get the backpiece. But instead it got easier now because you can farm an unlimited amount of pvp tickets per season now and you no longer have to cross divisions.
So instead of a minimum of 2 seasons where you need legendary+ diamond you can do it in one season just grinding along even if you have 100% loss rate.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I am pretty confused about this. Before it was said that after Year of Ascension it would become significantly harder to get the backpiece. But instead it got easier now because you can farm an unlimited amount of pvp tickets per season now and you no longer have to cross divisions.
So instead of a minimum of 2 seasons where you need legendary+ diamond you can do it in one season just grinding along even if you have 100% loss rate.

So everyone should have access to AP but not the legendary according to your logic that spans a few threads?

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

So everyone should have access to AP but not the legendary according to your logic that spans a few threads?

Short; Yes!

Long; nobody cares about a few AP, after all you get 10 AP for free every day – but have to grind hard for the real achiefments and get nearly nothing – but a skin, that skin was the reason we tortured us, dealt with that horrible pip/division system – if it is now easy to get instead of more difficult, why did i torture myself? I could have waited…

That also means for future skins, i don’t need to care, just wait and i get that all for free

in PvP

Malediktus.3740

It was Anet who said it would become harder. But instead it got faster and easier, despite already being 1000 gold cheaper for the final stage than the PvE equivalent Ad Infinitum.

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Long; nobody cares about a few AP, after all you get 10 AP for free every day

That’s Malediktus you’re talking about. Of course he cares about few APs.
(also, no, some of us no longer get any APs for dailies).

but have to grind hard for the real achiefments and get nearly nothing – but a skin, that skin was the reason we tortured us, dealt with that horrible pip/division system – if it is now easy to get instead of more difficult, why did i torture myself? I could have waited…

So, after getting through that torture, instead of thinking that it shouldn’t have been that way, you’d rather inflict it on others as well? You do realize, that if everyone had been thinking this way, nothing ever would get improved?

That also means for future skins, i don’t need to care, just wait and i get that all for free

Strawman much?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

The skin is as much worth, as it tortures, there is no happyness without pain, everytime i take a look at that skin, i feel rewarded because i know how much i suffered for it.

But if suddenly everyone get’s that easily – they won’t value it and i (together with those who gained it as well) would feel cheated, lose – lose situation

We play the game to be challanged, not for getting everything the easy way…

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

But if suddenly everyone get’s that easily – they won’t value it and i (together with those who gained it as well) would feel cheated, lose – lose situation

Oh, i don’t know. I most certainly do not feel cheated. I just remember all the negative feelings getting that wings generated in me, and i would never wish that upon anyone else. It’s not like everyone else having it as bad as me would make me feel any better after all.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

It should be grindable as that’s what keeps the most players active.

btw. nothing was easier than the first season with teams smurfing Stronghold with the bunker Ele and Mesmer teams.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It was Anet who said it would become harder. But instead it got faster and easier, despite already being 1000 gold cheaper for the final stage than the PvE equivalent Ad Infinitum.

They clearly changed their minds.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Sorin Noroku.5342

Sorin Noroku.5342

Wait, how did it get easier?! Don’t you still need to cross league thresholds?! This was one achievement I had remaining… That and 10 wins.

in PvP

Malediktus.3740

Wait, how did it get easier?! Don’t you still need to cross league thresholds?! This was one achievement I had remaining… That and 10 wins.

division thresholds got changed to completing league reward tracks.

in PvP

Sorin Noroku.5342

That…. That is incredibly lame… Why did I work myself so hard to get so high before then!? I could’ve relaxed and had a better time then worrying about locking in another 5 sapphire pips just to make it to the next one, then forcing myself halfway through ruby.

in PvP

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I’ll have enough clovers for ad infinitum this week, but I’d prefer The Ascension. How is the achievement grind?

in PvP

Sorin Noroku.5342

I’ll have enough clovers for ad infinitum this week, but I’d prefer The Ascension. How is the achievement grind?

apparently a lot easier now! The only thing I can see that might still be in the way is the whole “pvp at least 3 ranked matchs per day for x days”

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

wait, the little reward chest we fill with pips? I already did Cerulean and Jasper and it didn’t budge my League tracks.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

It should be grindable as that’s what keeps the most players active.

btw. nothing was easier than the first season with teams smurfing Stronghold with the bunker Ele and Mesmer teams.

Like nobody got to legend doing that.

People just said that because s1 was the first wake up call that people were not as good as they previously thought, and they had to have some sort of scapegoat for why they couldn’t get legend themselves lmfao.

S1 was actually the hardest season due to everything being so overturned and competition being stronger. It has progressively gotten easier.

(edited by JayAction.9056)