PVP & Action Cam

PVP & Action Cam

in PvP

Posted by: Corp Por.1567

Corp Por.1567

I like the theory of action cam, and I try it out in pvp every now and then.

Is anyone out there able to successfully able to pvp using action cam?

Personally, my muscle memory isn’t there and I feel like I lose map awareness when i’m using it.

PVP & Action Cam

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Action cam is all I use, I’ve not turned it off since I started playing again about 4 months ago. I use this for all classes, melee or ranged. Works great IMO.

PVP & Action Cam

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Once you get over some of its wonkiness, it can actually be majorly useful. I find my movement to be much quicker and strafing/kiting much easier.

I did initially (and still do occasionally) have crazy things happen with movement skills, especially Head Butt on War.

It’s really good for targeting AoEs if you have instant or press and release.

I also just find it more fun to use than the normal camera now.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

PVP & Action Cam

in PvP

Posted by: Asherah.7651

Asherah.7651

It depends what weapons and class I’m using. When I’m running D/X ele is love action cam, but if I’m using staff its awful bahahah.

PVP & Action Cam

in PvP

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

The only thing that still kittens me is the target reticle.

its great for chosing targets, but I still wish that my channeledd skills would give preference to my CURRENT target instead of the one on reticle.

That said, I was using battlemode for like a year before actiom cam was added. I don’t even know how the base controls are anymore.

PVP & Action Cam

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I would use if if I didn’t have issues with choosing targets in a crowd… I’m one of those players who instantly mouse clicks a new target as oppose to Tabing through targets or Nearest Target in a skirmish blob group.

You just can’t Target switch effectively with Action Cam and it makes a huge difference, to me.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

PVP & Action Cam

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

I would use if if I didn’t have issues with choosing targets in a crowd… I’m one of those players who instantly mouse clicks a new target as oppose to Tabing through targets or Nearest Target in a skirmish blob group.

You just can’t Target switch effectively with Action Cam and it makes a huge difference, to me.

Click right on your main target to lock on him.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

PVP & Action Cam

in PvP

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

One thing. I wish I never used that camera.

Before last ranked season I had a month break from spvp, trying out fractals and other pve stuff I haven’t bothered before. Hated constantly leaning for 1 on my revenant and pressing it on “ad infinitum” or at least “ad” I no longer feel my left pointing finger after some hours of fractal grind under quickness boon. So yeah, decided I give Action Camera a try. Liked it instantly and got used to it and just can’t simply play without it any more xD It was very OK until I went deep into spvp again.
I main two classes, revenant and a thief and can surely say that playing with Action Camera on a thief may punish and cripple your mobility a lot (shadow step or bow’s 5 harder to use, taking more time for targeting or simply impossible to target from some angle). On a revenant it’s not really bad except for two things : 1) Phase Traversal, you can shadow step to targeted enemy even he/she is out of range to shorten distance with Free Camera, while with Combar Camera it will say “out of range” any time you try it. 2) Hammer’s AA(autoattacks). Noticed some weird stuff while running around with a hammer on WvW. Some AA won’t simply register on a target. E.g I clearly see visible projectile hitting an enemy without aegis/dodge but neither damage or any other neglected damage floater pops up, nothing. Not sure yet what triggers it but oh well, never had it with free camera.
This sums up my experience with Action Camera so far. Useful and easy in some situations. Buggy and very annoying in the other scenarios. Doh