PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Milenchy.2145

Milenchy.2145

sPVP and WvW is great but i kinda want something smaller like 3 vs. 3 deathmach arenas. Are they gonna add something like this soon ?

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Burrid.4739

Burrid.4739

They will be dominated by thief/mesmer, so no, I don’t want it.

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Milenchy.2145

No, they won’t be.

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

3v3 is too small, 4 is nice like gw1, but 5 may be be a really good option.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Because you’re forced to play it lol.

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Zunhar.4079

Zunhar.4079

I would like to see 1v1 dueling and 3v3 matchups. Other game matches like Team Deathmatch, CTF, and King of the Hill would all be really cool. I’m content to wait for now with the promise of paid tournies and custom arenas (sweet!), but many people aren’t, and will go backs to games that have a ranking system, etc (LoL, DotA, etc.)

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Zunhar.4079

Zunhar.4079

So bring a bunker. Or a condi class with AoE.

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

R E F L H E X.8413

5v5 would allow a guardian, healing ele, and then three other things you want for example condi necro, frontline, and mesmer.

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Try to imagine 5 mesmers with each phantasm to crit for 3500 :P
And take turns with Mass ivisibility , wating till their phantasm is up again :P

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Chris.7653

Chris.7653

I know all of you are trying to help.

But clearly stating something will or will not be is an out right lie and you know it.

You have no idea ANets plans or what features they have coming. So to answer something like that is 100% a lie.

I am referring to posts like Milenchy’s.

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

I would really like to see some bigger maps. They seem a hell of a lot smaller compared to GW1. I’d also love to see some more bigger guild cooperation besides just WvW and small turny teams. Like GvG. Also AB would be awesome.

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

No, they won’t be.

Denial.

Not a river in Egypt.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Steven.9803

Steven.9803

Arenanet posted awhile ago they would add custom matches for players ex. 1v1 2v2 3v3 etc.

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I would like to see deathmatch arenas if only to see exactly what happens. It’s easy to claim Mesmer/Thief, but some AoE CC team that chains stuns could be equally hilarious. It would be an opportunity to find wild combos for objective-less fighting, and that’s something I’d love to watch.

I bet trip-warrior Bull’s Charge/Frenzy teams would dominate the lower brackets. Put one warrior on each person, expect failure to dodge, profit.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Dabu.1258

Dabu.1258

+1

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

R E F L H E X.8413

+1

When you have support characters close to you giving you blocks, protection, and healing at the right time, it makes a huge difference than running around and then seeing a thief 1v1, or even 2v2 for that matter being spread out too far and thin for your prots/heals, same goes for condition cleansing.

(edited by R E F L H E X.8413)

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Herak.8351

Herak.8351

5 mesmers are worthless, its already been done, please be original

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: jazx.7319

jazx.7319

Sigh….no one wants the current game mode….yet Arena Net said they gonna put player on first

Pvp now are pretty dissapointing…even smallest things like duel doesn’t exist

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

jazx:
speak for yourself… Conquest is much better then CTF or even Deathmatch… it promotes strategy over blind rushing one spot much more then others does… but it would be nice at least for fun, not for competitive scene

look at other modes…

CTF – whoa we need that flag, one flag, omg get it
Deathmatch – omg we need to nuke that one guy down, that one, yeah
GVG – we must kill their lord, that one lord, do it now

do you see it? all are based around one point and give a rush feel, you dont have a choice, conquest is at the other hand based on 3 points so you MUST spread and use some more strategy then just go for that one point… and with their secondary objectives as a bonus and feel of difference of maps its good, more difference than other modes could give

(edited by MaXi.3642)

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

R E F L H E X.8413

Your definition of gvg is kind of.. well, bad. Not sure of any other way to say that.

If you have guildwars 1 (I kind of don’t think you do) you should observe some gvg matches, or better yet you can always youtube them.

It is NOTHING like the forest of nifhel guild lords.

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2561

Gilgamesh.2561

Seeing how ArenaNet has already reserved the term “arenas” for their future custom sPvP tournaments, I’m not sure we’ll ever see arenas in the form of “coliseum-style deathmatch”. I imagine more game modes in the future, but I’m not sure we’ll get plain-old deathmatch.

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

You know I was thinking about this for a long time and finally decided that TDM, on our current maps, would be an utter disaster. The maps are way too small for it; Maybe if they implement larger maps it MAY be ok but currently, hell no.

What I would like to see, which would also require larger maps, is CTF and Briefcase style game modes. By Briefcase I mean where you hold onto an object (or objects) and get points every few seconds that it’s held. If you ever played RIFT and remember the Library map, that one was actually really fun at times. Black Garden was horrible however, so it takes some finesse in how it’s presented in order for it to work.

Whitefall in RIFT was probably my favorite map, even when we were getting stomped. I’d love to see something along those lines with GW2 pvp. All this aside, it would take better balance between classes and larger maps for any of this to be added. Our current maps are way too small for anything over 5v5, even for our current game mode.

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

We do have other game modes in currently, but they are in the towns and no one seems to play them at all. It’s like people don’t even realize the mini-games are even there

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Milenchy.2145

I know all of you are trying to help.

But clearly stating something will or will not be is an out right lie and you know it.

You have no idea ANets plans or what features they have coming. So to answer something like that is 100% a lie.

I am referring to posts like Milenchy’s.

I am just giving an idea. I don’t know what plans they have.

I would really like to see some bigger maps. They seem a hell of a lot smaller compared to GW1. I’d also love to see some more bigger guild cooperation besides just WvW and small turny teams. Like GvG. Also AB would be awesome.

The game is still fairly new and first the should fix broken things with the starting levels and so on, then go to endgame and other stuff.

… All this aside, it would take better balance between classes and larger maps for any of this to be added. Our current maps are way too small for anything over 5v5, even for our current game mode.

It seems small just because you have capture points. If they are not there it will be just fine. That’s why they need to add an arena so we can own people without capturing points or firing ricochets.

(edited by Milenchy.2145)

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Wickedsh.5196

Wickedsh.5196

Thats the main thing I think this game lack right now. Its cool to have that sense of strategie but I would like to have a mode focused only in fighting. I think a survival arena is a too much chaotic, unless if with a reduced number of people. TDM with the same number of players of current Pvp would be awesome, and extremely simple to do. 1vs1 duels is a simple, easy, and good idea too.

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: jazx.7319

jazx.7319

We need to have duels and arena mode imo

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Manji.3801

Manji.3801

We do have other game modes in currently, but they are in the towns and no one seems to play them at all. It’s like people don’t even realize the mini-games are even there

I made once a Thread about this!

Anet needs to put the minigames in the mists!

We need to have duels and arena mode imo

And this! This PvP System works so nicely for something like this! Better than Capture Hold thing…

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Luxiom.8279

Luxiom.8279

I have never understood the MMO community’s fixation with death-match. Even the once so death-match heavy FPS scene has at large moved away from the format in favor of other objective-driven gamemodes.

For me the equation is simple. If you have a pure death-match format you are missing out on half of the gameplay! If you are familiar with the definition and differentiation of the strategy and tactics concepts, then deathmatch is just tactics (how you win the 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and so on).

If you add objectives to the match and game mode you also add the element of strategy which in this context is the ability to create encounters with favorable conditions like (an example) a 2v3 at a key moment and place instead off a 2v2.

In this case all the player skill and team coordination of a 3v3 style arena death-match mode ala WoW still applies, you can even show off even more by winning on tactical skill alone while being outplayed on a strategic level, aka stomping 2 players while you are alone.

I agree that Anets implementation of three point conquest mode might not be the most exiting or well-designed, but it is the fixation and constant request in all MMO games for a pure death-match mode that befuddles me. For me it’s just half of the PvP! Maybe WoW arenas successful history is to blame?

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

I would like to see 1v1 dueling and 3v3 matchups. Other game matches like Team Deathmatch, CTF, and King of the Hill would all be really cool. I’m content to wait for now with the promise of paid tournies and custom arenas (sweet!), but many people aren’t, and will go backs to games that have a ranking system, etc (LoL, DotA, etc.)

I agree, especially with the duel part, also more maps should be added, even if some current maps could fit in a CTF or TDM mode…

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: BishopX.6453

BishopX.6453

id like a 15 vs 15 deathmatch. especially for us pubsters who just want to run out and beat on people for a few hours after school/work

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

id like a 15 vs 15 deathmatch. especially for us pubsters who just want to run out and beat on people for a few hours after school/work

You say you want that, but I don’t believe you. What about it is appealing to you, considering the game as it stands? What do you think the experience would be like?

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Aspen Tie.5084

Aspen Tie.5084

You say you want that, but I don’t believe you. What about it is appealing to you, considering the game as it stands? What do you think the experience would be like?

The experience would be miserable….

Gw2 is not arena based pvp. It was never intended to be and, to my knowledge, is most certainly not anticipated to be. If you purchased this game with hopes of 3v3 death-matches, you are incredibly high.

Back Door Beauty [MUF]

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Master Charles.7093

Master Charles.7093

Put in deathmatch.

I’d settle for the same maps with no points, I just want a fair fight with focus on combat. You really think it’s gonna break the game if they put that in?

I’m sorta new to mmo’s: didn’t play WoW and just don’t care how it failed at e-sports

Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have deathmatch

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

What do you think the experience would be like?

Smashing keyboards randomly as thieves, mesmers, etc etc with as little thought as humanly possible.

That’s really all deathmatch boils down to. Team death match is only the most miniscule of measurements better than this. This has been fact since objective based modes started appearing in FPS games and RTS games started gaining popularity as competitions.

Chess > Rock em’ sock em’ robots.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: MistyMountains.3751

MistyMountains.3751

3v3 arena yes please

PVP Arenas (Deathmach) ?

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

You know I am going to stop and think, I have said that I did not want deathmatch arenas in GW2 to myself, but after trying to pug some tournaments today, and with the small group of friends that I have, I realize that having 2v2 and 3v3 would be a good format. The way they could do it is simple. If they want the 5v5 conquest to be the focus of balance and the eSport then fine, 3v3 and 2v2 can be for fun and messing around in the Heart of the Mists. Honestly, what do you expect people to do when they are Glory rank 80?

This (imo) will help out small groups of players that are only in pairs or 3s. They can still play together with out having pug tournaments, or play Hot-Join.

I vote yes on 3v3 and 2v2 arenas, but leave the balance focus where it is now, and keep the ball rolling where its going.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock