PVP Ascended Gear Changes! UNNECESSARY!

in PvP

Posted by: gishalicious.3510

gishalicious.3510

I’m sorry, because I’m usually VERY on board with everything that Arena Net does. However, this thing with the new items required to buy the PVP Ascended Armor is unbelievably straight up BS! If I would’ve known I would’ve bought a whole set (or as much as I could’ve) beforehand.

I worked hard to earn the shards of glory and the new currency from the league season, and now I’m asked to basically CRAFT it like I’m crafting ascended armor normally (at a “slight discount” according to Arena Net officials, which is again BS… LOL it raises the price CONSIDERABLY). Again, I say, BS!

I’m sorry but I know that I’m not the only one feeling this way. This was an unnecessary change and should be rectified, although I doubt it will be. Unfortunately, if it stays as it is, that means I will NEVER buy the new PVP armor, that’s a guarantee I can make, and it’s too bad because the original way was a GREAT WAY for PVP players to obtain full sets of ascended gear, and now that’s been taken away.

I can understand them doing it in fractals, as you already have the chance to get ascended boxes just by playing, but in PVP it is absolutely a slap in the face.

Sorry for the rant, but it needs to be said, as I know others feel the same, and will voice the same opinions as me. Maybe we can get a change, as low as the odds are that that will happen, but I implore Arena Net to at least give it some thought.

Sincerely,

Gish

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

Do not implore. Do not put your soul this game. It’s been like this for 5 years. The value of this game is not that high. Keep it casual, thinking “meh… whatever”.

in PvP

Posted by: ulchanar.4309

ulchanar.4309

I worked hard to earn the shards of glory

That made my day! Thanks for that.

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I worked hard to earn the shards of glory

That made my day! Thanks for that.

yeah that 1 day i worked my kitten to get the full set xD welcome to the rest of the game m8

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I’m sorry, because I’m usually VERY on board with everything that Arena Net does. However, this thing with the new items required to buy the PVP Ascended Armor is unbelievably straight up BS! If I would’ve known I would’ve bought a whole set (or as much as I could’ve) beforehand.

I worked hard to earn the shards of glory and the new currency from the league season, and now I’m asked to basically CRAFT it like I’m crafting ascended armor normally (at a “slight discount” according to Arena Net officials, which is again BS… LOL it raises the price CONSIDERABLY). Again, I say, BS!

I’m sorry but I know that I’m not the only one feeling this way. This was an unnecessary change and should be rectified, although I doubt it will be. Unfortunately, if it stays as it is, that means I will NEVER buy the new PVP armor, that’s a guarantee I can make, and it’s too bad because the original way was a GREAT WAY for PVP players to obtain full sets of ascended gear, and now that’s been taken away.

I can understand them doing it in fractals, as you already have the chance to get ascended boxes just by playing, but in PVP it is absolutely a slap in the face.

Sorry for the rant, but it needs to be said, as I know others feel the same, and will voice the same opinions as me. Maybe we can get a change, as low as the odds are that that will happen, but I implore Arena Net to at least give it some thought.

Sincerely,

Gish

Pvpers do not need asc gear and on top of that the previous system gave you almost full set in a day for free. Calm your kittens and do it the way the rest of the game does it if you want asc gear.

in PvP

Posted by: FloIsAwsm.3467

FloIsAwsm.3467

Sincerely,

Gish

Pvpers do not need asc gear and on top of that the previous system gave you almost full set in a day for free. Calm your kittens and do it the way the rest of the game does it if you want asc gear.

Right. So award kitteneless item for pvp players? Because that is all you can do with ascended shards of glory…

in PvP

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

@Zealex – Yes they do need PvP gear as most PvPr’s do WvW where the gear is needed and the drop rate of any chest for ASC is very rare. SO it is the PvP and WvW community who do very little in way of PvE must be punished to make it fair across all game modes? Now PvP must go gather and craft.

We’ll see how it plays out. I do PvE and both PvP and WvW but I still hate crafting!

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

It’s ok, pvp reward tracks gives you plenty of mats….Just farm those bloodstone fen / lac doric / bitterfrost frontier tracks.

You knew there would be a change incoming, you gambled to keep your currencies….deal with it. You had 2 month to buy your armor.

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

(edited by Wargameur.6950)

in PvP

usnedward.9023

It’s ok, pvp reward tracks gives you plenty of mats….Just farm those bloodstone fen / lac doric / bitterfrost frontier tracks.

You new there would be a change incoming, you gambled to keep your currencies….deal with it. You had 2 month to buy your armor.

So you wanna PvP? …go PvE then for your gear. Sounds right…. Sigh. I PvE’d for over four years and just started PvP / WvW serious mode a few months ago and realized that all the complaints of ignoring these two aspects of the game are factually based. PvP / WvW gets ignored. I have two ascended sets one PvE and oe PvP rewards. I have my gear. GL to the new players who want to PvP….they won’t stay long IMO.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

What are the new requierements (in terms of materials)? Aside from the 7-8 gold for the whole set coins how much the new tokens take to craft?

in PvP

usnedward.9023

What are the new requierements (in terms of materials)? Aside from the 7-8 gold for the whole set coins how much the new tokens take to craft?

FIRST you have to have PvP league tickets which you can only get in season:

“_PvP League Ticket.png PvP League Tickets are a currency awarded for completion of PvP divisions during PvP League Seasons, through accumulating ranked PvP match wins._ "

Then you take 10 of those tickets to buy the crafting token recipe. So right now as it sits (unless I missed something) PvPr’s who have no tickets at the moment have to wait for next season in order to get the crafting discount…. Sounds right to me.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

in PvP

Posted by: Thor.4537

Thor.4537

About 17g each

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

I’m ok with the change, but how it was implemented was incredibly unfair. If you earned the ascended shards during the time they could be used to purchase pieces of armor, you should be able to use them for that purpose. Moving forward, the new standards are fine. But it’s a total F off to the community to essentially cheat people out of their rewards.

in PvP

Buran.3796

About 17g each

Ok, I have no problems with the tikets due did craft The Ascension in S3 and already was floating in ~175 tikets. 17 gold coins each piece is like 100 gc less that usually cost me to buy the mats and do the work in the regular way.

But the main problem is that I currently have 4 full sets of heavy armors and one full set of light. The ascended rewards were a good way to promote poeople to play in the seasons to regear extra characters, but now is a useless effort, not due the increase in cost but because with a 50% win ratio requieres more than 400 matches just to get the same shards as in season 5 (which took me 94 matches).

This and the uselesness on my main will make me to work only to get the final piece (boots) of the ardent heavy skin before leaving. Sneaky move, ArenaNet. Really sneaky.

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

You new there would be a change incoming, you gambled to keep your currencies….deal with it. You had 2 month to buy your armor.

So you wanna PvP? …go PvE then for your gear. Sounds right…. Sigh. I PvE’d for over four years and just started PvP / WvW serious mode a few months ago and realized that all the complaints of ignoring these two aspects of the game are factually based. PvP / WvW gets ignored. I have two ascended sets one PvE and oe PvP rewards. I have my gear. GL to the new players who want to PvP….they won’t stay long IMO.

I was talking about pvp people complaining about mats…It’s not I wanna pvp, I play 90% of my time in pvp since I bought this game 3 years ago ^^
My main enjoyment comes from playing matches not from reward. It’s a nice side reward worth to go for it. Even more for people playing around in WvW as well.

Those vendors are ok, it allows to have an easier cross-games experience.

“I have two ascended sets one PvE and oe PvP rewards”. I would think you would get more playing pvE for 4 years. I basically got the equivalent of your pve set through pure RNG in pvp bags….

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in PvP

Posted by: Cronos.8967

Cronos.8967

I totally agree with this post. Ascended shards were a good way to get some ascended equipment. You could only get 1200 of them in one season so no one could craft full set of ascended for all of her/his characters. It was rewarding to go to byzantium chest without being unbalanced.
Now it sounds like it’s becoming just another ingredient for an expensive piece of equipment.
Maybe arenanet should warned us before taking this measure. I was waiting another Season before buying my heavy ardent glorious armor. Now i have 1200 shards rotting in my inventory and i probably won’t do byzantium chest more thanks once. Not anyone is able to win 10 match in a row a day.

in PvP

Acrisor.8097

ArenaNet did warn us, only not about this change, or other changes. They requested in a poll if we would accept profession locking from queue (see: https://feedback.guildwars2.com/en)

I am curious, what would be the results if they had this statement for a poll:

The Guild Wars 2 PvP team is exploring an awesome idea of changing the way Ascended PvP gear is obtained. We wish for Ascended items in PvP to not only require Ascended Shard of Glory, but to also require PvE materials obtained from crafting at level 500 (ascended) with their respective professions. We believe this will improve those rewards, by getting them in line with other ascended gear.
Would you like Ascended PvP items to be:
A} obtained straight from vendor with only Ascended Shard of Glory;
B} obtained from vendor with Ascended Shard of Glory plus other ascended crafting materials.

(edited by Acrisor.8097)

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

ArenaNet did warn us, only not about this change, or other changes. They requested in a poll if we would accept profession locking from queue (see: https://feedback.guildwars2.com/en)

I am curious, what would be the results if they had this statement for a poll:

The Guild Wars 2 PvP team is exploring an awesome idea of changing the way Ascended PvP gear is obtained. We wish for Ascended items in PvP to not only require Ascended Shard of Glory, but to also require PvE materials obtained from crafting at level 500 (ascended) with their respective professions. We believe this will improve those rewards, by getting them in line with other ascended gear.
Would you like Ascended PvP items to be:
A} obtained straight from vendor with only Ascended Shard of Glory;
B} obtained from vendor with Ascended Shard of Glory plus other ascended crafting materials.

Leaving ascended gear in the old system defeated the purpose of introducing ascended gear in the first place. Ascended gear was introduced because getting exotics was a joke. Making ascended gear a joke is bad in the long run for a genre that needs some grind.

in PvP

Buran.3796

Making ascended gear a joke is bad in the long run for a genre that needs some grind.

Making ascended gear a new tier of gear instead of just a cosmetic skin was a mistake in a game which promised to not increase the tiers vertically and to rely in cosmentics and horizontal progression.

Making a secod generation of ascended gear with 4 stats x piece and enhanced stats was even worse, only partially adressed due they at least provided an affordable way to reset the stats.

The grind for gear in MMOs has sense as a carrot when provides constant progression and advantages or is requiered to achieve high end content. But in GW2 you don’t need ascended items to do PvE raids.

in PvP

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

I want to voice my opinion as well.. I was saving my 750 tokens.. and forgot to use them a couple of nights ago because I was not sure what pieces to get at the time.

Now.. I can’t do anything with them, nor have the motivation to follow through with these changes..

The least they could have done is scrap Ascended shards with a merchant that still allowed you to use them for the same cost, like the merchant in the Priory that still sells the potions for Halo and Horns. Then use another currency to follow through these changes

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Making ascended gear a joke is bad in the long run for a genre that needs some grind.

Making ascended gear a new tier of gear instead of just a cosmetic skin was a mistake in a game which promised to not increase the tiers vertically and to rely in cosmentics and horizontal progression.

Making a secod generation of ascended gear with 4 stats x piece and enhanced stats was even worse, only partially adressed due they at least provided an affordable way to reset the stats.

The grind for gear in MMOs has sense as a carrot when provides constant progression and advantages or is requiered to achieve high end content. But in GW2 you don’t need ascended items to do PvE raids.

I totally agree that making ascended gear was a mistake but that isn’t the issue here. The issue was that the old system defeated the purpose of introducing ascended gear in the first place. Also the people who are whining about ascended gear are the types who enjoy chasing carrots on the stick even if it isn’t needed (ie REQUIRED) in any Guild wars 2 content INCLUDING raids.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

//15Charrzookas

Attachments:

NSPride <3

in PvP

Acrisor.8097

Then use another currency to follow through these changes

Introduce another currency for PvP? Do you even realize how long it would take? They have to add the new currency, create special vendor for it, create icons, set them as rewards in seasons, introduce them in crafting recipies, test everything to see if it works properly, create data and information in game and in wiki, and so much more work.

It took ‘em 4 months to drop a few seconds from unused (balance safe) spells. Introducing a new currency would take a year. Please stop asking such questions. It’s much easier to add some new item crafted from current PvE content, and push it to vendor. No testing is required. This is the most efficient and time saving solution. We should be happy, because it could have been worse… for example they could have not add anything in game. Any content is better than no content at all. We now have a new item in game.

in PvP

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

I was undecided on which ascended Arden Glorious set I wanted to get and held onto my ascended shards of glory. As of now if I wanted to get say the heavy set, I would have to spend roughly 570 gold on crafting 20 “Grandmaster Armorsmith’s Mark’s” and that’s excluding the 14 gold vendor cost as well.

Now I’m screwed out of unique skins I worked hard to get the original currency to purchase them (Ascended Shards of Glory) or now screwed out of roughly 584 gold to get them.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

(edited by Nihevil.8024)

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

I have to agree with the op, this game is grindy as kitten, and pvp is essentially despised by the grand majority of the player base, the only thing that made last season as popular as it was, was its rewards…

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in PvP

Apolo.5942

There are no such thing as pvpers, there are players that pvp, and every minute you spend on pvp is a minute that sets you back on the grind.

in PvP

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

confused, you want faster award tracks, complain that people die too fast, then its everything is telegraphed, then you only play for the rewards. In short you don’t pvp because you enjoy pvp. Never do a thing you don’t enjoy if you can avoid it, – especially in a game lol.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

in PvP

Apolo.5942

confused, you want faster award tracks, complain that people die too fast, then its everything is telegraphed, then you only play for the rewards. In short you don’t pvp because you enjoy pvp. Never do a thing you don’t enjoy if you can avoid it, – especially in a game lol.

I enjoy the game, pvp is PART of it, when i PVE it does not set me back on my PVP, every minute i spend on pvp is minutes i take away from my PVE grind.

Not doing the grind actively sets me back on accessing PVE content, not doing the PVP grind, sets me back on a title, may be.

in PvP

vesica tempestas.1563

oh ok based on your recent comments you seemned like another one of those players that PVP’d without actually enjoying the actual gameplay and just done it for the rewards.

This is part of the problem with pvp, theres a large player base that thinks pleasure = rewards.

‘badly designed’
‘everything telegraphed’
you want more rewards faster
you want surrender votes
‘failed experiment of balancing around invulnerability ’
’Pvp is unplayable, everything is telegraphed but also 00% hp to 0% in under 2 seconds.’ ‘This is unplayable.’
‘Pvp does not require skill, its a mess of a invulnerability CDs’

What part do you actually like?

but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

in PvP

Posted by: Rednova.5283

Rednova.5283

I enjoy the game, pvp is PART of it, when i PVE it does not set me back on my PVP, every minute i spend on pvp is minutes i take away from my PVE grind.

Not doing the grind actively sets me back on accessing PVE content, not doing the PVP grind, sets me back on a title, may be.

I agree with you that PVP is a part of the game, but so is PVE. Saying PVP sets you back on “the PVE grind” may be true, but the same could be said about PVE setting you back on PVP. You lose more than just a title, you lose time spent enjoying and getting better at PVP. This is a good example of opportunity cost, which if you’re unfamiliar is the loss of potential gain from doing an alternative. It is impossible to achieve everything in life, you have to make choices based on what you value.

From what I gather from your post you feel stronger about PVE than PVP which would result in different values placed upon anything resulting from either game mode. Personally I spend most of my time in PVP so having or not having ascended gear doesn’t set me back on my PVE experience.

in PvP

vesica tempestas.1563

There is no setting back because there is no race, its simply a choice, pick what you want to play and enjoy.

in PvP

Solstace.2514

I have to say the way this was implemented was bogus. I really, really feel cheated out of the rewards that I had earned during last season. It essentially makes those shards worthless to me. I have no problem with them changing it moving forward, but I wish I had known to purchase my armor before this change. I just think its very unfair that some people could take advanatage and some couldnt.

I agree that the rewards were a little high, but couldnt they change that moving forward and still honor the past? It’s like a bigkittento the community. Not cool.

in PvP

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

Then use another currency to follow through these changes

Introduce another currency for PvP? Do you even realize how long it would take? They have to add the new currency, create special vendor for it, create icons, set them as rewards in seasons, introduce them in crafting recipies, test everything to see if it works properly, create data and information in game and in wiki, and so much more work.

It took ‘em 4 months to drop a few seconds from unused (balance safe) spells. Introducing a new currency would take a year. Please stop asking such questions. It’s much easier to add some new item crafted from current PvE content, and push it to vendor. No testing is required. This is the most efficient and time saving solution. We should be happy, because it could have been worse… for example they could have not add anything in game. Any content is better than no content at all. We now have a new item in game.

A year? right.

I’m fine with nothing, what I’m not fine with is here take this… ok we’ll just take it back, you can have it back but first you gotta go jump off a cliff.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Fun fact: If you’re only out for the Ardent Skins the vendor has a special tab for the skins themselves that only costs Ascended Shards of Glory.

While i don’t like the fact they did change how you purchase ascended armor and weapons, but all this change does is inconvenience player’s who do all of Gw2 content(AKA people who like to PVP, but like to do fractals and raids, and WvW) or the people saving their shards trying to decide which alt to put the armor on.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Kreweless.2196

Kreweless.2196

the original way was a GREAT WAY for PVP players to obtain full sets of ascended gear

Translation: the original way was a GREAT WAY for PvE scrubs to come ruin the game-type players to obtain full sets of ascended gear

in PvP

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

I think the reduction of Ascended Shards from 150/200/250 to only 50 per Chest would have already been enough to reduce the amount of shards that most players get by a lot so not too much easy Ascended Gear is given out!
But it would have still rewarded real active PvP-Players properly!
(You would need to complete the last Byzanitum Chest 18 additional times to get the same amount of Ascended Shards like in Season 5)

But the double nerf seems over the top in my opinion
since you have to farm a lot to get enough Ascended Shards now
and then you still have to pay a lot of gold extra for the crafting part

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

in PvP

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

Getting Ascended Gear the original way was nice to get PvE players into PvP then bridge PvP players to PvP in WvW and then potentially PvE.

Now what it does is…

• Tell PvE players to stick to PvE.
  • Tell PvP players to go to PvE.
  • Cutoff new transitioning WvW players.

I understand the Fractals Ascended gear change…but PvP… I can see no value in forcing PvP players to craft. They should have just capped the Ascended Shard gain weekly like Raids.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Getting Ascended Gear the original way was nice to get PvE players into PvP then bridge PvP players to PvP in WvW and then potentially PvE.

Now what it does is…

• Tell PvE players to stick to PvE.
  • Tell PvP players to go to PvE.
  • Cutoff new transitioning WvW players.

I understand the Fractals Ascended gear change…but PvP… I can see no value in forcing PvP players to craft. They should have just capped the Ascended Shard gain weekly like Raids.

They stated it was hurting the economy. I thought they made that very clear? Why is everyone still confused about this?

Also, if PvE players are coming to PvP for nothing more than to get the rewards, then worst case scenario the PvP community just lost some bronze players. Whoop de freaking doo. Ascended gear is not the focus for PvP, the leaderboard is. Ascended gear is just a bonus prize, one that allows PvE players to still obtain ascended gear while trying a new game mode or allows PvP players to transition to PvE or WvW a bit smoother.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Kreweless.2196

The players that came to “farm” PvP Ranked matches for their free ascended gear did nothing for the game-type, except enrage those of us who were actually trying to win.

Taxing them into a different lane, maybe the autoattack-fests in map-meta-events, is totally justifiable. I don’t buy it for a second that participation rewards expand the player-base in PvP.

We should promote changes to the game that attract competitive game players, not try to entice carebears into a game-mode that they’re not interested in with giveaways.

in PvP

Buran.3796

The players that came to “farm” PvP Ranked matches for their free ascended gear did nothing for the game-type, except enrage those of us who were actually trying to win.

I disagree. Even if that was true for the 95-98% of the new players the chances are that some of those PvErs entering in PvP will end liking to play PvP, and even a marginal 2% of PvErs remaining in PvP would result in a large increase of the PvP size due their population is way larger.

Now you have no carrots to lure new players in PvP: no Pro Leagues, no fancy rewards… and some of the teams are disbanding. Is a small community that will gradually fade into nothing, as happened with WvW.

in PvP

usnedward.9023

I disagree. If a PvP player ranks up and out of the bronze / low silver rank….then you are not playing the farming PvE players. You are losing for other reasons.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

in PvP

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

I’ll be honest here.
Having played PvP since it was still in the skins era of rewards, I can say that it’s not entirely all about the PvE carrot.
Especially since I was playing before it was even a thing.
I’m not a top tier player, but I wouldn’t say I’m the worst either.

However, strictly my opinion only; PvP quality overall has been on a drastic decline.
Ever since HOT, it’s been quite rare to find PvP fun with the ridiculous amount of terrible balance decisions made by the team. I dare say its bloody cancerous.

Guaranteed that any sort of people who want to try or get into PvP these days will be extremely frustrated by this.
Heck, even as a seasoned player, it was getting to me. I haven’t even bothered with the last few seasons even with some of the rewards.

What kept me going a few times? Well, there was something to actually get from all that frustration. There was at the very least SOME element that was enough of a drive to continue going forward.

Back then, it was the dozens upon dozens of skins. Which at the time were strictly PvP. They had no use outside it. Useless anywhere else.
But collecting, gathering and looking forward to working towards what you desired IS a great motivator for a game mode.

For some, like myself; A little badge that disappears each season is not an allure at all.

Anet unfortunately has turned what was something to strive for and continue to improve on, into nothing but more frustration.

If PvP itself is frustrating with its balance and isn’t fun for most.
And the rewards are now just as much of a chore.

Why would anyone bother?

Duty is heavier than death.

in PvP

Solstace.2514

Sincerely,

Gish

I completely agree with you, man. While I felt that the rewards were an issue in PVP, this change was very underhanded and essentially was a screw you to the community. Overnight, my 1200 shards became essentially worthless. I’ve heard there was some lame heads up on the forums, but I was not aware of it until after it happened.

It’s not the end of the world, but it really does leave a bitter taste in your mouth. Like you were cheated out of something. My desire to stay in this game just took a big hit over something so senseless.

in PvP

Kreweless.2196

You are losing for other reasons.

I ain’t losing punk, 1v1 me xD

If PvP itself is frustrating with its balance and isn’t fun for most.
And the rewards are now just as much of a chore.

Why would anyone bother?

This hits the nail on the head. But with the spin-up for new raids, new fractals, new living story and ultimately a new expansion (perhaps late 2017), you gotta ask yourself why you still WvW/PvP in this game when it gets little to no love from the development team.

I’m still of the mind that the best reward would be a fun game, but…

• A dedicated dueling game-type
• SoloQ/TeamQ Leaderboards to 1000 instead of Ranked and Unranked, like before
• Skins-only rewards (this appeals to all players, but makes more sense than Ascended)
• Automated tournaments, like Helseth was encouraging before Denial went to Smite
• Access to elite-specializations for free-to-play accounts

Would be a good start.

in PvP

Posted by: archangeles.5298

archangeles.5298

This is horrible. My wife and I just went to spend the currency we earned only to find out we couldn’t. This affected many in our guild. Why would you do this to people who spent hours earning this currency. I looked into this. I beleive at this point it is cheaper to just craft a set. You essentially took the armor right off my character and left it on others. I will not soon forget being treated this way.

in PvP

Posted by: tangelia.5370

tangelia.5370

So basically we are being punished now for not spending your shards right away during the last season….This is totally unfair. I wasn’t aware there was a time limit, Guild Wars did a horrible job of communicating about this….You gave an incentive to play PVP, another way to earn Ascended gear and then randomly took it away. Oh, sorry, you didn’t take it away, you just made it so we have to craft and spend several hundred gold to get it now. So, it was a waste of time and we could spent time earning gold and making the gear like before rather than this. With everything else in this game there is still a vendor where you can spend whatever currency, but this you decide to change???? Why not change it for the next round if you thought that was what needed to happen? Can someone from Anet please explain why you would screw over your players like this?

in PvP

Posted by: Rozalina.3196

Rozalina.3196

In my opinion, Anet should have gave people some kind of heads up that they were changing what people needed to buy the ascended gear in PvP instead of just sneaking it in. To make up for not annoucing the change they should let all those who participated in the season 5 pvp league the chance to use their unused ascended tokens on the gear they would have got if they knew of the change.

Concerning the mark tokens I think the idea is fine but you guys made both the pvp and fractal ascended gear more expensive to buy than it would be to craft. It’s like you guys aren’t thinking of all the time and effort people put into pvp and fractals to actually earn the other parts to buy the gear.

How many marks per piece of armor should be changed to:
Helmet and Gloves = 1 mark
Shoulder and Boots = 2 marks
Chest and Legs = 3 marks

How many marks per weapon should be changed to:
1 handed weapons = 1 mark
2 handed weapons = 2 marks

in PvP

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

In my opinion, Anet should have gave people some kind of heads up that they were changing what people needed to buy the ascended gear in PvP instead of just sneaking it in. To make up for not annoucing the change they should let all those who participated in the season 5 pvp league the chance to use their unused ascended tokens on the gear they would have got if they knew of the change.

Concerning the mark tokens I think the idea is fine but you guys made both the pvp and fractal ascended gear more expensive to buy than it would be to craft. It’s like you guys aren’t thinking of all the time and effort people put into pvp and fractals to actually earn the other parts to buy the gear.

Chest and Legs = 3 marks

It was announced almost a week prior to the change, in the News and Announcements sub no less. With a post (Not Dev created/responded) in the General sub really soon after.

The recipes make it easier to control the materials needed for each Mark to buy the armor, so instead of reducing the Mark/piece, the materials per Mark can be adjusted in-line with market fluctuations to maintain the discount, which Anet intended. Don’t expect it anytime soon though, because you have to wait for it to settle to see a normal value.

Kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

These are crafted from the same time gated materials as normal ascended armor. There is no discount, they actually take more time gated materials than ascended armor.

Chest and Legs = 3 marks

It was announced almost a week prior to the change, in the News and Announcements sub no less. With a post (Not Dev created/responded) in the General sub really soon after.

The recipes make it easier to control the materials needed for each Mark to buy the armor, so instead of reducing the Mark/piece, the materials per Mark can be adjusted in-line with market fluctuations to maintain the discount, which Anet intended. Don’t expect it anytime soon though, because you have to wait for it to settle to see a normal value.

in PvP

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

These are crafted from the same time gated materials as normal ascended armor. There is no discount, they actually take more time gated materials than ascended armor.

Chest and Legs = 3 marks

It’s not an insane discount, of course. Welcome to the rest of the game who had to craft the armour for 50-65g per piece.

Kitten.