PVP Ascended Gear Changes! UNNECESSARY!

in PvP

Posted by: archangeles.5298

archangeles.5298

There a lot of issues here. The biggest one is Arena Net made a mistake. They then made another mistake by not allowing those who had earned the armor to get it. I can’t think of another time where the rewards earned were then changed to be more expensive. Why not issue a different currency for the next season if they thought it was too easy? No one is asking for something that others did not already receive. The second issue is the new system is so stupid no one will even use it. It is cheaper and less time consuming to just earn gold and make your own set.

in PvP

Posted by: LinhZeri.6412

LinhZeri.6412

clearly they want more complaints on lack of materials (hint hint leather) You would think they would want less of that. Lol feel bad for the PR.. as nothing was wrong with how it was. If the first time they release it they had no issue with it and then after many complains of people blowing money on the EXTREMELY overpriced ascended armor (yep just about 500g or more to full craft all of it.. well im just guessing at the moment but I know its close to 100g a piece) Yet you didn’t see the raid armor lists being updated with this crafting token. (LOL?) Oh man imagine if raids vendors had this too Oh wait nvm that is the new direction.. the 5% of people who do it. Nothing I ever seen being done is done equally and only punishes people from actually enjoying the game.. hence why you see people simply leaving or complaining. The PvP ascended items yes pretty easy to get (since they rewarded losing for some reason… entitlement generation indeed) .. but that could of easily been fixed with boosting the required league shards to give 1 or 2 pieces of ascended or actual good items a season (enough to satisfy people)

(edited by LinhZeri.6412)

in PvP

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

the original way was a GREAT WAY for PVP players to obtain full sets of ascended gear

Translation: the original way was a GREAT WAY for PvE scrubs to come ruin the game-type players to obtain full sets of ascended gear

“Why is our game type dying?”

“Hi guys, these rewards really drew me in and it’s kinda fun. I might stick around.”

“REEE GET OUTTA HERE PVE SCRUB NOOB!!!”

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

There a lot of issues here. The biggest one is Arena Net made a mistake. They then made another mistake by not allowing those who had earned the armor to get it. I can’t think of another time where the rewards earned were then changed to be more expensive. Why not issue a different currency for the next season if they thought it was too easy? No one is asking for something that others did not already receive. The second issue is the new system is so stupid no one will even use it. It is cheaper and less time consuming to just earn gold and make your own set.

I agree 100% with you. They made the pvp awards too big. I agree that ascended armor was a little too easy to get. But they made a bigger mistake by then essentially negating those awards. People put in the time and effort to get those ascended shards under the premise that they would be exchangeable for ascended armor.

Then overnight those shards were essentially made worthless. I would have had no problem with them changing the rewards moving forward, but they should honor the rewards that players had rightfully earned. It’s really a significant betrayal of trust to their gaming community to just go back on their word and nix the rewards. That just creates a sense of unfairness and bad will.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

the original way was a GREAT WAY for PVP players to obtain full sets of ascended gear

Translation: the original way was a GREAT WAY for PvE scrubs to come ruin the game-type players to obtain full sets of ascended gear

“Hi guys, these rewards really drew me in and it’s kinda fun. I might stick around.”

Exactly

in PvP

Posted by: slumberlust.9105

slumberlust.9105

Discovered they screwed us over today, was disappointed and just gave up. Time to find a new game, this is an appalling change.

in PvP

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

Discovered they screwed us over today, was disappointed and just gave up. Time to find a new game, this is an appalling change.

I would love to hear how they screwed you over?

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in PvP

Solstace.2514

I think he means the rewards. Last season there were ascended shards you could earn during the season that could be exchanged for ascended armor. Anet nullified those rewards and a lot of people feel screwed over. They earned their shards with the understanding of their value, and then after they had them, their value was made worthless.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I think he means the rewards. Last season there were ascended shards you could earn during the season that could be exchanged for ascended armor. Anet nullified those rewards and a lot of people feel screwed over. They earned their shards with the understanding of their value, and then after they had them, their value was made worthless.

Did people not get the notice that these changes were coming? Because I did, so I spent what shards I had left. Feel like everyone had ample opportunity to spend their shards before the changes were made.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Solstace.2514

Did people not get the notice that these changes were coming? Because I did, so I spent what shards I had left. Feel like everyone had ample opportunity to spend their shards before the changes were made.

I never saw the notice. There was no in game earning or announcement. I play the game everyday but I don’t regularly check the forums. I would have liked the opportunity to have spent my rewards and would had done so if I had known. It was not very transparent and I believe a lot of people lost out.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Anet hasn’t always been the best about communicating. I’d suggest simply checking the gw2 dulfy every now and then, then you won’t miss out on important information next time. Really though, I haven’t played many mmo’s where I didn’t benefit from keeping up with the news through a 3rd party site.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: Kreweless.2196

Kreweless.2196

Exactly

You will absolutely not strawman me like that.

If someone likes it, wants to try, and will stick around — great.

The problem is players that don’t try, don’t want to improve, and are literally only there for the Fractals equipment. Don’t even act like there weren’t a ton of farmers last season. Good riddance.

in PvP

Posted by: Rozalina.3196

Rozalina.3196

Exactly

You will absolutely not strawman me like that.

If someone likes it, wants to try, and will stick around — great.

The problem is players that don’t try, don’t want to improve, and are literally only there for the Fractals equipment. Don’t even act like there weren’t a ton of farmers last season. Good riddance.

So what if people were playing pvp just to get the awesome rewards. All those people still worked their butts off to get those rewards. It was good there was more people in pvp because it means shorter ques and what’s wrong with that. The really issue here is that Anet should have waited till the next season started before they implemented the new changes to buying ascended gear because there is still time before the next season starts where people could have turned in their tokens. This would have also given Anet more than enough time to send everyone an in-game mail warning about the changes which then would have solved this whole entire problem. Anet seriously needs to let all those people that saved their tokens a chance to use them before the next season starts. This would show the gw2 community that they do care and didn’t mean to screw them out of their rewards they worked hard for this season.

in PvP

Kreweless.2196

It was good there was more people in pvp because it means shorter ques and what’s wrong with that.

I’ve seen a general consensus in the forums and map chat that people would prefer higher quality matches over shorter queue-times with bad matchmaking. More people could be nice, but only if those people actually want to play the game.

Anet seriously needs to let all those people that saved their tokens a chance to use them before the next season starts.

They did.

This would show the gw2 community that they do care and didn’t mean to screw them out of their rewards they worked hard for this season.

No one that got ascended gear during Season 5 worked for it. You got it after you spammed a number of games, regardless of wins or losses. Granted, it was an easy way to get the gear — but it’s totally unbalanced from the other methods for getting that gear.

Just grind out the crafting skill, and eat the small gold cost. You’ve still got your tokens, and you can “earn” more this season to get your full set.

I hope they change the pips mechanic so players only earn them for wins, otherwise they’re just rewarding losers.

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Pvpers do not need asc gear and on top of that the previous system gave you almost full set in a day for free. Calm your kittens and do it the way the rest of the game does it if you want asc gear.

There are no such thing as pvpers, there are players that pvp, and every minute you spend on pvp is a minute that sets you back on the grind.

that doesnt mean that you can practically have free asc as it devalues the rest of the games aquisition of it.

in PvP

Posted by: archangeles.5298

archangeles.5298

Most people in here just want to use their shards. Why did some get to use theirs and not others?

in PvP

Kreweless.2196

Most people in here just want to use their shards. Why did some get to use theirs and not others?

They didn’t take anyone’s shards away. The problem people have with this change is that their shards have less value during Season 6 than they did during Season 5.

But they had too much value during Season 5. Getting nearly a full set of Ascended Armor for playing (not even winning!) a few games of ranked is way out of balance compared to:

• Grinding to 500 Crafting Discipline
• Time-gated / Expensive materials

They just brought the acquisition-method into line with the other ways; and hopefully the people that come to Season 6 will be here for competitive-pvp instead of handouts.

in PvP

Solstace.2514

They didn’t take anyone’s shards away. The problem people have with this change is that their shards have less value during Season 6 than they did during Season 5.

But they had too much value during Season 5. Getting nearly a full set of Ascended Armor for playing (not even winning!) a few games of ranked is way out of balance compared to:

• Grinding to 500 Crafting Discipline
• Time-gated / Expensive materials

They just brought the acquisition-method into line with the other ways; and hopefully the people that come to Season 6 will be here for competitive-pvp instead of handouts.

They essentially made them worthless. Which is fine moving forward, but it’s not fine to take something away from people that rightfully earned them when they had value. It was a mistake to have them as valuable as they were, but it was a bigger mistake and a bait and switch to change them after the fact.

As far as “handouts”, people have been coming to each season of PVP far before there were awards. I have no problem with them making a system that encourages more people to play. That’s good for pvp, not bad. Matchmaking should be able to sort out the good from the bad, but having a small and continuously diminishing player base is never good.

in PvP

Kreweless.2196

They essentially made them worthless.

Adorable hyperbole.

They still count towards the Ascended Gear everyone is freaking out about. You just have to spend a little more; it brings it in line with the other ways to get your shinies.

It was a mistake to have them as valuable as they were.

You’re right.

bait and switch

I guess ArenaNet owes everyone free kitten; I genuinely don’t understand the QQ everytime they nerf a farm. Get over it.

I have no problem with them making a system that encourages more people to play. That’s good for pvp, not bad. Matchmaking should be able to sort out the good from the bad, but having a small and continuously diminishing player base is never good.

That doesn’t take into account that there are incorrect ways to incentivize people to try the game-type.

Let’s say you had an open-water swimming club, and you wanted to see big numbers at your next big lake crossing. Offering free beers to anyone who shows up to the event would garner a different result from offering free beers to anyone who completes the swim. What’s the difference between the two groups that those tactics would attract?

We’ll have to see what the numbers are like for Season 6. I have a feeling North America sPvP isn’t doing that well — we had about 25 players in Legendary League at the end of the season where EU had about 125 — not counting alts. But American players showed they were more willing to game the system and kitten on the forums than play Conquest.

Maybe it’s time to immigrate!

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

While I sympathize for those who feel robbed, I am happy with the change. 99% of players I asked who couldn’t PvP well said they only came for the rewards. That’s not PvP. That’s drudging yourself to do a game mode you as a player loathe. I empathize those who are struggling in PvP games and want the rewards, but with the changes players don’t need to struggle anymore. PvPers aiming for high rating will be teamed with other devoted PvPers, and less rage will result IMO.

I saw wayyy too many staff eles in PvP last season. Considering staff ele is a PvE metaweapon, I’d assume most of the eles I saw came from PvE.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m half PvE half PvP myself, but they’re completely different beasts.

If you’re new to PvP, this site will help.
http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

in PvP

Solstace.2514

I disagree with that point and that example. Having rewards in PvP isn’t forcing anyone to play and isn’t dragging down the quality of the game mode. Most of the veteran players have been raging over the matchmaking since season one, and if anything, most players felt the season was slightly better than the prior seasons.

I’ll give you another sports analogy. I run plenty of road races. Having large races that attract more people is more fun than running in a small race with elite runners. Having more people in the race doesn’t hurt the better runners or detract from their experience. Just because you can’t run a 5 minute mile, shouldn’t prevent you from running in a 10k race.

In other words, the issue is more with matchmaking than with having lots of new players with little experience. In the tournament, veteran players shouldn’t be getting matched up with unskilled, beginner players. Most competitions have skill gradients. That’s not a problem, that’s a good thing. You just need a system that can stratify the talent.

As far as the shards go, I honestly don’t see their worth anymore. They may as well eliminate them completely because there is no advantage to having them. If pvp players don’t care about ascended gear and don’t need pve rewards, then why even have these? It’s easier to craft or obtain ascended armor by other means. I’m not going to use the ones I have because it offers me no advantage.

My biggest complaint was just how they implemented this nerf. I don’t believe they gave adequate notice, and that’s supported by the fact that numerous players were not aware that this was happening and lost out on their potential rewards.
I understand it’s not the end of the world. I’m not throwing a temper tantrum and going to quit the game or boycott the gem store or some other childish measure. I think it’s fine to voice the opinion that many of use felt a little cheated and let down. However, it’s difficult for those that didn’t lose out to empathize with those who did.

I’ve played in the pvp tourney every season and I’ve mostly enjoyed. I like the game mode and I’d like to see more people try it. I may not play in season 6 because I’m still a little disheartened over losing out on my rewards, but I’m not leaving. I’ll be back and on the NA servers as well. Yes, EU has better community but if we want to make NA better, we have to start somewhere.

in PvP

zealex.9410

They essentially made them worthless.

Adorable hyperbole.

They still count towards the Ascended Gear everyone is freaking out about. You just have to spend a little more; it brings it in line with the other ways to get your shinies.

It was a mistake to have them as valuable as they were.

You’re right.

bait and switch

I guess ArenaNet owes everyone free kitten; I genuinely don’t understand the QQ everytime they nerf a farm. Get over it.

I have no problem with them making a system that encourages more people to play. That’s good for pvp, not bad. Matchmaking should be able to sort out the good from the bad, but having a small and continuously diminishing player base is never good.

That doesn’t take into account that there are incorrect ways to incentivize people to try the game-type.

Let’s say you had an open-water swimming club, and you wanted to see big numbers at your next big lake crossing. Offering free beers to anyone who shows up to the event would garner a different result from offering free beers to anyone who completes the swim. What’s the difference between the two groups that those tactics would attract?

We’ll have to see what the numbers are like for Season 6. I have a feeling North America sPvP isn’t doing that well — we had about 25 players in Legendary League at the end of the season where EU had about 125 — not counting alts. But American players showed they were more willing to game the system and kitten on the forums than play Conquest.

Maybe it’s time to immigrate!

i still believe the best tjing would be to have a way lower price but have them as end season rewards affected by you highest rank.

in PvP

zealex.9410

I disagree with that point and that example. Having rewards in PvP isn’t forcing anyone to play and isn’t dragging down the quality of the game mode. Most of the veteran players have been raging over the matchmaking since season one, and if anything, most players felt the season was slightly better than the prior seasons.

I’ll give you another sports analogy. I run plenty of road races. Having large races that attract more people is more fun than running in a small race with elite runners. Having more people in the race doesn’t hurt the better runners or detract from their experience. Just because you can’t run a 5 minute mile, shouldn’t prevent you from running in a 10k race.

In other words, the issue is more with matchmaking than with having lots of new players with little experience. In the tournament, veteran players shouldn’t be getting matched up with unskilled, beginner players. Most competitions have skill gradients. That’s not a problem, that’s a good thing. You just need a system that can stratify the talent.

As far as the shards go, I honestly don’t see their worth anymore. They may as well eliminate them completely because there is no advantage to having them. If pvp players don’t care about ascended gear and don’t need pve rewards, then why even have these? It’s easier to craft or obtain ascended armor by other means. I’m not going to use the ones I have because it offers me no advantage.

My biggest complaint was just how they implemented this nerf. I don’t believe they gave adequate notice, and that’s supported by the fact that numerous players were not aware that this was happening and lost out on their potential rewards.
I understand it’s not the end of the world. I’m not throwing a temper tantrum and going to quit the game or boycott the gem store or some other childish measure. I think it’s fine to voice the opinion that many of use felt a little cheated and let down. However, it’s difficult for those that didn’t lose out to empathize with those who did.

I’ve played in the pvp tourney every season and I’ve mostly enjoyed. I like the game mode and I’d like to see more people try it. I may not play in season 6 because I’m still a little disheartened over losing out on my rewards, but I’m not leaving. I’ll be back and on the NA servers as well. Yes, EU has better community but if we want to make NA better, we have to start somewhere.

inb4 a scrub with his grandpas car comes to take part in the race and be like “i dont really know how to drive, but i lke the rewards these races give i might try” that guy might kitten up your match ermm i meant race.
The rewards both prior and now were badly implemented its just so now that ppl lile that wont stick so the only ones who will arr the ones who play for the game mode.

(edited by zealex.9410)

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Anet hasn’t always been the best about communicating. I’d suggest simply checking the gw2 dulfy every now and then, then you won’t miss out on important information next time. Really though, I haven’t played many mmo’s where I didn’t benefit from keeping up with the news through a 3rd party site.

Dulfy makes PvE content, which isn’t of interest for the PvP comunity, thanks.

in PvP

Buran.3796

While I sympathize for those who feel robbed, I am happy with the change. 99% of players I asked who couldn’t PvP well said they only came for the rewards. That’s not PvP. That’s drudging yourself to do a game mode you as a player loathe. I empathize those who are struggling in PvP games and want the rewards, but with the changes players don’t need to struggle anymore. PvPers aiming for high rating will be teamed with other devoted PvPers, and less rage will result IMO.

Getting a 1% growth in the PvP player base (probably higher) was good news. Look at how WvW numbers are steadly falling apart.

They should have extended the rewards to a seasonal WvW reward tracks so everyone from every game mode would be enticed to play other areas of the games. Is clear that this game has ireconcilable communities and all of them are sent to die alone.

in PvP

zealex.9410

Getting a 1% growth in the PvP player base (probably higher) was good news. Look at how WvW numbers are steadly falling apart.

They should have extended the rewards to a seasonal WvW reward tracks so everyone from every game mode would be enticed to play other areas of the games. Is clear that this game has ireconcilable communities and all of them are sent to die alone.

i think wvw reward tracks need to go nobody enjoys them the gift of battle reward track is cancer so yeah :/ make all these purchaseable from vendors in wvw with the gift of battle and the thruimphand armor

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Dulfy makes PvE content, which isn’t of interest for the PvP comunity, thanks.

Dulfy posts updates on any area of the game. It’s not Dulfy’s fault that most updates are centered around pvp. Not to mention, all announcements from anet, such a patch notes and important forum posts, are put up on Dulfy.

Last I recall, patch notes and important announcements such as “Hey guys, spend those shards now” are valuable to PvP players. So no problem man, you’re welcome. :-)

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Buran.3796

Last I recall, patch notes and important announcements such as “Hey guys, spend those shards now” are valuable to PvP players. So no problem man, you’re welcome. :-)

I spent my shards as soon as I got them, so ANet barely advertising the change in the shard system five days before nailing it didn’t affect me at all (anyway my ardent set remains unused due I already have 4 full ascended sets and I’m not sure about which stats to select). Yes, they announced it, but they were VERY sneaky because they have all the Season 5 to trumpet the change but they remained silent most of the season.

Also, ANet has a shady track record of being vocal about changes in the game in external sources as Reddit or Dulfy before to their own official forums. And I keep my point: Dulfy isn’t a source for PvP data at all.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

I spent my shards as soon as I got them, so ANet barely advertising the change in the shard system five days before nailing it didn’t affect me at all (anyway my ardent set remains unused due I already have 4 full ascended sets and I’m not sure about which stats to select). Yes, they announced it, but they were VERY sneaky because they have all the Season 5 to trumpet the change but they remained silent most of the season.

Also, ANet has a shady track record of being vocal about changes in the game in external sources as Reddit or Dulfy before to their own official forums. And I keep my point: Dulfy isn’t a source for PvP data at all.

Dulfy pulled that information from the forums though. It was on the forums. I simply mention Dulfy since I personally find it easier to find the information on there since it is all consolidated in one place. There was nothing sneaky about it.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: CattivoUomo.7198

CattivoUomo.7198

Regardless of Anet announcing the changes, some players benefitted from spending the shards before the changes, which to me makes it an unfair change. Anet should have simply changed the tokens (instead of ascended shards, make it something else) for the upcoming tournament plus the changes that they have now for the rewards. This way all players who earned the shards last season can get the same cost to reward benefit that others received by spending the old shards for the armor at the previous prices. That way, with the new season, everyone would be on equal footing.

(edited by CattivoUomo.7198)

in PvP

Posted by: Lehnara.8791

Lehnara.8791

Same here, I could not decide on a set and now I’d have to pay almost the same amount of shards + ~300 gold for the same set.
I’m not asking to make the gear cheap again, just for a way to spend the shards from the fifth season at the prices of the fifth season…
On the other hand, this might be a reason to finally stop playing and start doing something useful :-)

in PvP

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

I actually have 950 shards that are just rotting, I will not be using their silly pve crafting system to spend these tokens.

While we did get a short warning, a bunch of people don’t frequent the forum and these changes made we’re incredibly more demanding.. thus people have scrapped the idea of ever using them.

I mean seriously who on here is very excited to use this new mark + crafting system?

in PvP

Solstace.2514

Same here, I could not decide on a set and now I’d have to pay almost the same amount of shards + ~300 gold for the same set.
I’m not asking to make the gear cheap again, just for a way to spend the shards from the fifth season at the prices of the fifth season…
On the other hand, this might be a reason to finally stop playing and start doing something useful :-)

Lol, I kind of feel the same way. It shouldn’t be that big of a deal, but it just leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth. I, too, am finding it hard to play the game right now. I probably just tend to fixate on these things too much, but it just feels like we got the short end of stick.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Well obviously there won’t be any way of convincing anyone that they weren’t cheated and simply failed to pay attention and be proactive. So, I guess we’ll just have less people playing season 6 from the sound of it. Oh well?

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: godmoney.6025

godmoney.6025

I PVP often and do WVW most of the time, so I’m kinda perpetually broke. The ascended gear was a nice bonus so that I could gear some WVW alt. Anyway, went oversees for work for about 3 weeks, couldn’t play GW2 and came back and saw I can’t buy the armor anymore. Nice!

La Fantoma – Aurora Glade

in PvP

Solstace.2514

Well obviously there won’t be any way of convincing anyone that they weren’t cheated and simply failed to pay attention and be proactive. So, I guess we’ll just have less people playing season 6 from the sound of it. Oh well?

I wouldn’t put it in that extreme. My biggest complaint was that it wasn’t communicated effectively. I’d argue that the significant number of people who were unaware of this change testify to that.

I play the game almost every day but unfortunately I was not aware of that upcoming change. I have 1200 ascended shards which went from being very valuable to holding very little value. It’s hard not to feel a little cheated over that. I’m not going to the extreme and accusing anet if intentionally cheating many of us out of a significant reward. I’d just ask them in the future to communicate these changes more effectively bevause otherwise it leaves many of us disheartened.

I’m not boycotting the game or doing anything silly like that. Just feeling a little down about my loss and I’d rather not rub salt in that wound by playing the new season.

in PvP

Posted by: devilman.1263

devilman.1263

me: play in pvp and get a armor…cool

me now: play in pvp and spend gold to craft the armor…not cool

100 asc wep (and got stuff to craft 15-20 in storage) – 12+1 asc armor and lot of asc rings and so on..

so..what can pvp offer me now to play it.!!

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

me: play in pvp and get a armor…cool

me now: play in pvp and spend gold to craft the armor…not cool

100 asc wep (and got stuff to craft 15-20 in storage) – 12+1 asc armor and lot of asc rings and so on..

so..what can pvp offer me now to play it.!!

If ridiculously cheap ascended armor is your only motivation to play PvP, then maybe it just isn’t for you? Some people enjoy PvP, and the shinies are just a bonus. Some people play to get better and climb up the leaderboard.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

Reasonably grindable ascended sure attracted a lot of PVE players, which could be fine. They should have all been grouped together in lower tiers.

Problems with PVE players only happen because of very very bad matchmaking. Higher rank players get randomly paired with “three run home and wait on it to cap” or “four people run to mid, die to one necro” players, start raging and stomping their feet.

“Oh, you just have to carry” (ahahaha, 500 to 50, losing streaks of 10-15 games)

“The matchmaking is unstable if you played less than 200 games” (wham, legendary duo opposing team from gold tier)

“Initial placements are totally fair” (fresh alt account wins placement games and minimum needed matches, wins NA tournament)

“Class balance and matchmaking is fine” (four necros and an ele vs three warriors and two dragonhunters? three chronos on one team? four dragonhunters?) etc etc

We’ll see how updated matchmaking and less shinies will drive the new season. Maybe things will be better?

in PvP

Kreweless.2196

We’ll see how updated matchmaking and less shinies will drive the new season. Maybe things will be better?

I’m actually hopeful for Season 6, but I’m an endless optimist. I think most of the jaded pros are gone, so we’re the new generation of GuildWars2 PvPers.

It’s possible that enough people are sick of the stagnant meta-builds that we could see some inventiveness in Ranked this season; being unpredictable can actually throw people off their game. I saw some fun stuff in Unranked during the off-season and it was really refreshing to face something besides the usual 8-9 builds you always see.

in PvP

Posted by: Shonex.5327

Shonex.5327

Asking PvP players to do PvE for PvP rewards is really stupid idea in general, I’d be totally fine if they just buffed the number of Ascended Shards needed in total for one piece, but don’t ask us to do PvE stuff please :/

Member of: Cute But Devilish Inside [CUTE]
Ring of Fire [EU]

in PvP

Posted by: Jitsuryoku.9038

Jitsuryoku.9038

Lol, don’t worry, by the time you have the shards to get those armors you’ll have enough gold to craft the tokens….. 396 wins after reaching repeatable chests for 1 set…. That’s a lot more work than getting some mats for asc armor. ;D

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Why exactly would PvP players (and by this I’m assuming pure PvP players who NEVER step into PvE) even NEED Ascended gear? Your entire game mode is capped at Exotic stats anyway, which come entirely from your amulet. If you want the Ardent Glorious skins, you can buy the skins alone with just Ascended Shards. No crafting needed. So just buy junk white armor from the vendor and slap the fancy skins on top with those Transmutation Charges that drop like rain for your game mode.

As for the argument about reducing rewards/pips for losses, be careful what you wish for. Sure, it would mean all the “farmers” leave again, but then you’re back to the old problem of having a tiny PvP player base where you end up facing the same enemy team over and over, or waiting for 30+ mins for a match only to end up getting crushed by 5 guys from Legendary division.

The whole point of drawing all those farmers in is the hope that some of them will stick around, learn, and progress to the higher divisions to help bolster numbers. The players who are less skilled and/or don’t want to improve should eventually cluster around in the lower divisions where they belong. (And frankly, if they’re only here for rewards and shinies, they won’t care what division they’re in as long as they’re still getting rewards at a reasonable pace.)

I’m still getting through my placement matches, but I’ve seen some obviously PvE builds so far, and I actually find it refreshing. There’s maybe only 1 or 2 meta builds per profession, and it gets so DULL knowing that every Ele you see is either going to be running the D/F Auramancer build (or rarely, the Fresh Air DPS build), or the Warrior is either going to be running Macebow condi or Mace/GS power burst. Right now, you never know what the other guy is going to pull out, and you’ll be forced to adapt and counterplay on the spot. I find that much more exciting and engaging than just reacting to common meta-builds.

(edited by Zaxares.5419)

in PvP

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Pvpers do not need asc gear and on top of that the previous system gave you almost full set in a day for free.

Excuse me? In a day??

I must have done something wrong, because it took me much longer. I guess having a life and no time to play 24/7 is not taken into consideration here. Also, where did you get those great teammates to be on a constant winning streak? I didn’t even get out of bronze with most of my PUGs.