"PVP/Bronze Hell" and leaderboard discrep.

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I’ve been looking at a couple of the complains about how poor matchmaking for this pvp league is, with individuals lamenting that the entirety of the leagues regardless of division is a coin flip: Either you get a decent team or a bunch of players who can’t fight.

This seems reasonable enough as an assertion, but I’m also looking at some of the leaderboards, and some of these people have 5-6 losses through the whole season thus far, with every other match they’ve played being a win.

Statistically that -should- be impossible, but yet they appear to be doing it consistently.

It’s a bit confusing. You’d think one-two people shouldn’t be able to carry a whole team, and yet to have a record like that you’d have to do just that.

Is there something I’m missing here? Or did these players win a figurative matchup lottery?

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

I saw a guy in the top 5 with 11 games played, 9 wins. No idea how that places you top 5 unless he wiped the whole enemy side single handle 1vs5

in PvP

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

Is there something I’m missing here? Or did these players win a figurative matchup lottery?

Exactly that.

The matchup system is a complete joke. Win 2 games, lose 8. That’s how it’s been for me. Mostly because of unbalanced teams that have what seem like ‘unkillable’ opponents! If it’s taking my team 2-3 players to kill 1 enemy player, we are quite simply: outnumbered!

in PvP

Posted by: Vykoz.7803

Vykoz.7803

I dont know what they are talking about with bronze hell etc either, sure you can get unlucky but in general, if youre above the skill level of your current division, you will slaughter your opponents like they cant play.

Qualifiers put me in top bronze, which was quite hilarious, i slaughtered so many people through bronze, silver, straight into gold, like they couldnt play. (that was in a day and on thief luls)

People complaining about being stuck in bronze hell are seriously just like the baddies i slaughtered, they are just too stuck up to admit it to themselves.

I think this is exactly the reason we havent had a system like this before, ANET knew from statistics how many would be at rock bottom and the tears it would bring, but people have asked for it, so now its here and you can finally see how much you suck.

gg merry christmas.!

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

1. at higher rating you have basically 0 chance to get afk’ers and trolls. Since there is no real meaningful punishment for those up to date they continue to ruin games for players that are in lower divisions.
2. at higher ratings people play more as a team, you don’t have idiots zerging animal or 4 capping home point
3. players with high MMR always get better teams than enemy. I am not sure why MM does it, but after looking up stuff it seems like they always get higher rated team than enemies. The only time i witnessed top ranks losing games is when they actually faced other top ranks but it is very rare since game usually stacks them all on one team.

in PvP

Posted by: Spoichiche.1290

Spoichiche.1290

It’s worth noting that the players in the top 10 are usually playing with and against worse players.
There is not enough players in this mmr range to put them with and against similar player, that’s the reason they get so little for a win (~+5) and lose so much for a loss. Their personal mmr is way higher than the average mmr of the enemy team, allowing them and also forcing them to hard carry a lot of games.

Very high mmr players are kind of in a similar spot than a gold player duoq-ing with a low bronze. He will get ‘bad’ team mates, but also, ‘bad’ enemies.

If they were playing with similar skilled player, they would get a w/l ratio a lot closer to 50%, but allas, there is simply not enough player of that caliber in gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Im high enough to see alot of esl players in my games, and alot of the time they are so busy screaming at somebody they forget their own job. Was funny once some PZ dude was yelling at our warrior from spawn so badly the enemy team told him to shut up since the warrior was obviously outperforming him.

in PvP

Posted by: Dreamer.1952

Dreamer.1952

I dont know what they are talking about with bronze hell etc either, sure you can get unlucky but in general, if youre above the skill level of your current division, you will slaughter your opponents like they cant play.

Qualifiers put me in top bronze, which was quite hilarious, i slaughtered so many people through bronze, silver, straight into gold, like they couldnt play. (that was in a day and on thief luls)

People complaining about being stuck in bronze hell are seriously just like the baddies i slaughtered, they are just too stuck up to admit it to themselves.

I think this is exactly the reason we havent had a system like this before, ANET knew from statistics how many would be at rock bottom and the tears it would bring, but people have asked for it, so now its here and you can finally see how much you suck.

gg merry christmas.!

Currently I am slaughtering myself from bronze out.
I Started with 835 points and now iam in early silver with playing max 5-10 games ea day. I am sure, with my gamepace I will reach gold without a problem.

BUT what you are saying is nonsense or just luck.

Even if i slaughter 3 on mid solo and holding the point, there just need to be 2 of there to slaughter our 4 which is happening. Just running to close takes time, then running back to mid takes time. Even if i can slaughter the other 2 and decap the point, my usless 4 are alrdy dead in mid or far.

You cant be everywhere, you cant carry all matches unless you have a high RNG Luck.

Just to tell you my luck. Since the last 4 years i got 3 Precursor drops. First Venom sold for 16g (was in the first year), second Storm sold for 1xx g (was i think in the later first year early second year of gw2), third The Bard, current price 15x g (I still have it). I gambled for Dawn and Dusk in the Mystictoilet. Even i knew my luck is bad (also in RL) i tried it because a Guildy got 2 Dusks and a Dawn consecutive. I dont know how much gold i pushed into the Mystictoilet, its just to painful to remember, but i didnt get a single Precursor. Now imagine how my matchmakings are. Even with that i slaughtered myself to silver and i will go higher.

The thing i am mad is that the matchmakings even in silver are crap. Today i had a staff Ranger in silver match who was rushing into the mid of the point and died instantly. I told him in chat to stay out of the circle and use his Staff skill 2 on target. But no after respawn the same happened again. Its Silver Tier. PPl like that shoudnt be there.

in PvP

Posted by: Somehow.4769

Somehow.4769

1. at higher rating you have basically 0 chance to get afk’ers and trolls. Since there is no real meaningful punishment for those up to date they continue to ruin games for players that are in lower divisions.
2. at higher ratings people play more as a team, you don’t have idiots zerging animal or 4 capping home point

So yeah, higher rating players are better than lower rating players. Breaking news really.

3. players with high MMR always get better teams than enemy.

And there the misinformation. No they don’t. They get players within their own mmr range against players within their own mmr range. I get that you are frustrated by the game atm, but you shouldn’t spread misinformations like that.

in PvP

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I was abandoned in a 3v3 at mid, 2 went to go help a third kill beast. That was probably 1 of the 2 matches I won out of 10 ;-(

in PvP

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

gg merry christmas.!

I’ve been stuck in gold and never got out of it. You can slaughter people from the other team. Yes. But if the other four people on your side get slaughtered as well, there ain’t much to do about it.

Either I don’t belong in gold, either some other people don’t belong in gold. But some guys still thinking that a thief should cap home or that you should never ever push far, are plain dumb. (or take 2 minutes to kill 1 guy with three people)

I’m not the greatest player. But what I’ve seen passing by in gold… I have no words.

in PvP

Shadowstep.6049

So yeah, higher rating players are better than lower rating players. Breaking news really.

And there the misinformation. No they don’t. They get players within their own mmr range against players within their own mmr range. I get that you are frustrated by the game atm, but you shouldn’t spread misinformations like that.

lol they don’t. Not enough players in their range so they fight teams around 300 pts below them. I have faced rank 1 so i experienced that at first hand. Why don’t you stop posting misinformation.

Also, point was they are not burdened with 4v5/3v5 games like lower ranks do. Top players do lose games when they get crappy teammates, once again have experienced it first hand.

(edited by Shadowstep.6049)

in PvP

Posted by: azurerogue.9240

azurerogue.9240

I’ve been looking at a couple of the complains about how poor matchmaking for this pvp league is, with individuals lamenting that the entirety of the leagues regardless of division is a coin flip: Either you get a decent team or a bunch of players who can’t fight.

This seems reasonable enough as an assertion, but I’m also looking at some of the leaderboards, and some of these people have 5-6 losses through the whole season thus far, with every other match they’ve played being a win.

Statistically that -should- be impossible, but yet they appear to be doing it consistently.

It’s a bit confusing. You’d think one-two people shouldn’t be able to carry a whole team, and yet to have a record like that you’d have to do just that.

Haven’t read thread, only the original post…but the problem here is that if you place highly initially (during placement) you have a higher chance of being paired with at least competent players. With competent teammates, a truly superb player can potentially carry a team. With completely incompetent teammates (those that lose even when they outnumber the enemy 4-2, for example) a ridiculously good player MIGHT be able to carry, but a good player will get screwed and lose the match even if they won every fight on point they were involved in. The people winning a lot are probably actually ridiculously good (Nos, for example) but also have at least decent teammates most matches simply based on their division.

(edited by azurerogue.9240)

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

There is one important answer: duo queue. With duo queue you can literally climb out of any divison, just by playing enough (tho both players need to be decent, not some scrubs). Usually one roamer + one point holder (1v1 or support heal).

That’s why they can do it consistently. And if you’ve watched any pro stream you would have noticed that once they get matched with other pro players, their chances of winning drop down significantly.

Besides, what you’ve shown is 11 games. Really? Sample that small?? I wanna see his ratio after 30 games. That’s a number that represents the reality much better.

IMO, the people just need to grow a pair and stop complaining about the system. I think it works very good, as matches I have are semi close (not literal blowouts we had pre S5). If Anet gave more motivation to people after they are behind 150 points (people just give up), they would probably be even better.

in PvP

Somehow.4769

lol they don’t. Not enough players in their range so they fight teams around 300 pts below them. I have faced rank 1 so i experienced that at first hand. Why don’t you stop posting misinformation.

Also, point was they are not burdened with 4v5/3v5 games like lower ranks do. Top players do lose games when they get crappy teammates, once again have experienced it first hand.

What you’re saying only concerns a few that are in a MMR range way beyond everyone else. And their wins rewards them less points when the matchmaking is in their favor. Get your kitten together before claiming “facts”

in PvP

Shadowstep.6049

What you’re saying only concerns a few that are in a MMR range way beyond everyone else. And their wins rewards them less points when the matchmaking is in their favor. Get your kitten together before claiming “facts”

But they don’t lose points and you agree that what i said is true. So why do you tell me to get my “kitten” together lol? Contradicting yourself? Amazing~

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Generally from what I have seen if you are placed lower than you should have been you will have a extremely high W/L record.

Now granted you can’t carry special needs players vs regular players, but when its special needs vs special needs you can carry to get where you should be.

in PvP

Posted by: MissCee.1295

MissCee.1295

Getting sick of being told by all and sundry that the only way to progress divisions is to carry your team.

Let’s be real for a moment. I may be a high silver/low gold kind of a player (maybe). But I sure aren’t platinum or legendary skill. I play my best when my team mates are half decent, because I don’t have the necessary ability to carry potatoes.

So here I sit in bronze, playing my hardest and being rewarded with afk’s and trolls. All I see each match is stacked teams of whatever the daily achieves.

TBH I have given up on this season and it’s only been 2wks. The best I can hope to get out this is to continue to improve, work on my game and hope next season is better.

My toons: Loki Thunderstruck, Loki Livewire,Loki Spellbound, Loki Meanstreak

Find pvp players: https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Somehow.4769

But they don’t lose points and you agree that what i said is true. So why do you tell me to get my “kitten” together lol? Contradicting yourself? Amazing~

Actually they do lose more points than they win in that precise situation which is only a concern for a really few people. Like, most of the high rating players will never face such issue. That’s only a concern for those we are less than 20 in their MMR range. Which is 20 people really. And this is not a matter of matchmaking algorith or whatever you think it is, it’s just a matter of feasability. If you don’t widen the research range they’ll probably spend hours waiting for a game. And again this is balanced by MMR losses and wins.

Now, that some of the top players play against lower MMR players is the only true thing in your claims. And nobody can tell you otherwise because this is just a matter of feasability.

=> You claim that the top players get matched together against lower opponents, and that is false. And you have nothing to prove your claim. If two top MMR players gets into the queue at the same time they’ll probably get matched one against the other with the 8 highest MMR available players in queue. Sometimes it won’t follow this pattern but this would be occasional at most.

=> You claim that the top players always get better teams. And this is again false. They might occasionally get better teams if the available top players are 9 lower MMr players and himself. In that case he is the only one unbalancing the game in his favor. This is not a matter of getting the better team, this is only a matter of him being better than everyone else. Also, he’ll only win a few MMR points and lose TIMES more points in case he doesn’t win the game.

Now please, one more time, get your puppies together because you claim kittens.

edit : Also, you stated “high MMR players” and not “top MMR players”. Only a fragment of your claims is true for the few top players (which I stated in here). And everything you said is wrong for the rest of high MMR players.

in PvP

Shadowstep.6049

I have been around 1850 and my friend around 1900 when i faced double duoq from top 10 from players. Yes, they do get stacked against lower rated teams.

High rated players do get matched against lower. I have been in matches with teammates below 1700 where enemy team was around 1880 (i did some research on ratings because the match was extremely lopsided).

The issue is, not all 250 are playing, mayn are just camping thier spots and play once every 3 days. Then there are alt accounts that fall into same afk category so realistically not that many high rated players play at the same time so MM makes them face lower rated teams.

(edited by Shadowstep.6049)