PVP Season 5 Thoughts from Best Player

in PvP

Posted by: sexuallegend.2153

sexuallegend.2153

Matchmaking isn’t anywhere near perfect, would be much better if class stacking did not exist. The term “skill” rating should be accurately changed to “win” rating since win/loss ratio is literally the only metric that your skill is based on for the leaderboards. What is the point of getting 5 top stats every game? Imagine a system where getting literally every top stat the game has to offer and losing results in no lost pips. Imagine being stuck with pve players, carrying them to a close loss and being credited for your work? That would be an accurate representation of the word skill.

All we get right now are pretentious top ranked players employing condescending tones due to their “win” rating. While most of the PVP regulars are stuck playing games with the skill equivalent of npc’s. Calling them out has often resulted in my posts being removed, yet I haven’t seen many of their condescending posts even edited. Watch my video below and 2 minutes in you see me 1v2 against two meta users: a DH and a Warrior. Both are quite easy classes to use and both are quite capable of literally shredding players with their invulns, dazes, traps and conditions. Both are low risk high reward classes yet I was not matched in skill. Taking on two metas repeatedly requires skill and this is what is missing from the leaderboards.

Anyone can claim the players in my video are terrible, but before season 5, I probably had some of the highest possible MMR. I literally started playing shirtless at some point. The reason I am the best isn’t because of winning however, the reason I am the best is because I can defeat any two players. This skill cannot be applied in the current season. There isn’t one pro in the entire world that can consistently carry a team of 4 npc’s. So before the trash prententiousness comes into MY thread, before you even consider talking, just know that I could beat two copies of you. That is all

Shadow, the Legend Myth
(Shadow the Jedi, An Arrogant Samurai, The Legend Myth, One Of The Avengers)
Best Player Episode 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgpC1yIGFB0

in PvP

Posted by: MemphisIX.2461

MemphisIX.2461

I agree. Skill rating should measure skill. This system doesn’t. To me it was so obvious at the start of S5 that I actually thought getting top stats was the only way to increase personal rating.
ANet kept talking about making PvP more about individual skill yet they base their ENTIRE system on whether you win or lose in a team of 5??

And this is the single biggest flaw with PvP right now: It’s all about whether you win or lose.

And please stop talking about carrying. There is no such thing in this game. Pre-season I played unranked against all caliber of players and sorry but I have yet to see the God of PvP that can win every match no matter who they are teamed up with.

This would be fixed by simply making top stats matter. Consistently getting top stats should result in higher rating progression if the game is won, and it should result in no rating loss if the game is lost.

in PvP

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

If that video in your signature is you, then it’s a kittening joke just like this thread. In the part you talk about you 1v2 them in unranked for a minute or so without killing either, just to have two of your teammates get them from behind and nuke them.
The part after the one you mentioned shows you 1v1ing a guard on THEIR close while it is under THEIR control, wasting a lot of time, then cutting off at some point to see you in what looks like a 3v2 situation for you stomping them while they actually caught up by 30 or so points because you think it’s a good idea to constantly use emotes, write in say chat and drag fights on.
Haven’t watched the rest, but if this is anything to how you play in ranked? You probably deserve where you belong to be, not because you might be a bad player, but because you pull so much stupid kitten you lose your team games.

//as a matter of fact, I play mainly necro with an off-meta build which is basically just a ridiculous amount of memes, no mobility whatsoever (no IMS in any form, no flesh wurm) and I still have 46W/25L this season because I know what I can and should (not) do, adapt and fill in if necessary.

(edited by NovaanVerdiano.6174)

in PvP

Posted by: JayR.3469

JayR.3469

Everything was great except for skill rating. Pretty much you stuck at your current division. Specially gold division below. You literally playing with newbies who doesn’t know how to play pvp. Season 4 was my first season. And I think season 4 match making is way better

in PvP

Posted by: Junior.3928

Junior.3928

All we get right now are pretentious top ranked players employing condescending tones due to their “win” rating.

Being a bit of a hypocrite are we?

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Matchmaking isn’t anywhere near perfect, would be much better if class stacking did not exist. The term “skill” rating should be accurately changed to “win” rating since win/loss ratio is literally the only metric that your skill is based on for the leaderboards. What is the point of getting 5 top stats every game? Imagine a system where getting literally every top stat the game has to offer and losing results in no lost pips. Imagine being stuck with pve players, carrying them to a close loss and being credited for your work? That would be an accurate representation of the word skill.

All we get right now are pretentious top ranked players employing condescending tones due to their “win” rating. While most of the PVP regulars are stuck playing games with the skill equivalent of npc’s. Calling them out has often resulted in my posts being removed, yet I haven’t seen many of their condescending posts even edited. Watch my video below and 2 minutes in you see me 1v2 against two meta users: a DH and a Warrior. Both are quite easy classes to use and both are quite capable of literally shredding players with their invulns, dazes, traps and conditions. Both are low risk high reward classes yet I was not matched in skill. Taking on two metas repeatedly requires skill and this is what is missing from the leaderboards.

Anyone can claim the players in my video are terrible, but before season 5, I probably had some of the highest possible MMR. I literally started playing shirtless at some point. The reason I am the best isn’t because of winning however, the reason I am the best is because I can defeat any two players. This skill cannot be applied in the current season. There isn’t one pro in the entire world that can consistently carry a team of 4 npc’s. So before the trash prententiousness comes into MY thread, before you even consider talking, just know that I could beat two copies of you. That is all

This.

Win rating. Not skill rating.

Find a way to score contribution in Solo Q.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

i feel like this is a troll thread that is low-key exposing a bunch of people.

in PvP

NovaanVerdiano.6174

i feel like this is a troll thread that is low-key exposing a bunch of people.

I wish, however this guy has been going on in a bunch of threads about this now. Seems to be actually serious about all this.

in PvP

sexuallegend.2153

If that video in your signature is you, then it’s a kittening joke just like this thread. In the part you talk about you 1v2 them in unranked for a minute or so without killing either, just to have two of your teammates get them from behind and nuke them.
The part after the one you mentioned shows you 1v1ing a guard on THEIR close while it is under THEIR control, wasting a lot of time, then cutting off at some point to see you in what looks like a 3v2 situation for you stomping them while they actually caught up by 30 or so points because you think it’s a good idea to constantly use emotes, write in say chat and drag fights on.
Haven’t watched the rest, but if this is anything to how you play in ranked? You probably deserve where you belong to be, not because you might be a bad player, but because you pull so much stupid kitten you lose your team games.

//as a matter of fact, I play mainly necro with an off-meta build which is basically just a ridiculous amount of memes, no mobility whatsoever (no IMS in any form, no flesh wurm) and I still have 46W/25L this season because I know what I can and should (not) do, adapt and fill in if necessary.

First off I had the warrior at less than 40% hp with the DH approaching 75 with 1.5k bleeds ticking. You talk big but I doubt you’d even last a minute versus a meta DH and a meta warrior. Oh yea “I use necro” good for you. Thing about these types of comments is that I’ve dueled players like you. “Rah rah you’re a druid you aren’t good.” Then I beat them with their own class. Even their own build. Nothing to be said afterwards. I know, my confidence offends plenty of people but unless you want to put money where your mouth is, don’t speak about my skill being a “joke”. I’ve literally caused most of the major nerfs to druid. I was one of those ruining WvW during HoT launch. I’m the reason sig of renewal and sig of energy got nerfed. I am the reason that clerics was removed. And lastly. I am the best. Feel free to continue to type words, but anyone that has faced me alone cannot say anything beyond complaints about my class and build. I could beat two copies of you, literally. Necro is one of the easiest classes in the game. You have soo many HP bars, you might as well look into HP whole sale.

But I can’t complain totally about this season. I’d personally like to thank Anet for finally providing me with a proper challenge. Being forced to carry npc’s every ranked game has required me to increase my skill even more. It’s made me develop new builds with new strategies. I could easily role any meta build on any class and I guarantee you, I would never die. Meta is beneath me.

Oh yea and how can you point out that I’m playing in unranked then go on to complain about how I’m not capping? And don’t forget to look at how old the video was. This was back when everyone, even the pros, were playing unranked due to no season being active. But I don’t really expect someone so easily triggered by confidence to employ an elevated form of rational.

Shadow, the Legend Myth

in PvP

sexuallegend.2153

All we get right now are pretentious top ranked players employing condescending tones due to their “win” rating.

Being a bit of a hypocrite are we?

Not entirely, because I am literally the best. They are just hiding behind luck of the system. They don’t match my skill. Only those that play in ToL can give me a true battle.

Shadow, the Legend Myth

in PvP

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

You talk big but I doubt you’d even last a minute versus a meta DH and a meta warrior.

You mean that axe/axe warrior and full trapper DH are actually meta in NA? lul ok…

in PvP

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

You talk big but I doubt you’d even last a minute versus a meta DH and a meta warrior.

You mean that axe/axe warrior and full trapper DH are actually meta in NA? lul ok…

Don’t…just don’t listen to him. Trust me, not all NA is like this guy.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in PvP

NovaanVerdiano.6174

First off I had the warrior at less than 40% hp with the DH approaching 75 with 1.5k bleeds ticking. You talk big but I doubt you’d even last a minute versus a meta DH and a meta warrior. Oh yea “I use necro” good for you. Thing about these types of comments is that I’ve dueled players like you. “Rah rah you’re a druid you aren’t good.” Then I beat them with their own class. Even their own build. Nothing to be said afterwards. I know, my confidence offends plenty of people but unless you want to put money where your mouth is, don’t speak about my skill being a “joke”. I’ve literally caused most of the major nerfs to druid. I was one of those ruining WvW during HoT launch. I’m the reason sig of renewal and sig of energy got nerfed. I am the reason that clerics was removed. And lastly. I am the best. Feel free to continue to type words, but anyone that has faced me alone cannot say anything beyond complaints about my class and build. I could beat two copies of you, literally. Necro is one of the easiest classes in the game. You have soo many HP bars, you might as well look into HP whole sale.

But I can’t complain totally about this season. I’d personally like to thank Anet for finally providing me with a proper challenge. Being forced to carry npc’s every ranked game has required me to increase my skill even more. It’s made me develop new builds with new strategies. I could easily role any meta build on any class and I guarantee you, I would never die. Meta is beneath me.

Oh yea and how can you point out that I’m playing in unranked then go on to complain about how I’m not capping? And don’t forget to look at how old the video was. This was back when everyone, even the pros, were playing unranked due to no season being active. But I don’t really expect someone so easily triggered by confidence to employ an elevated form of rational.

It’s funny because you feel like I attacked your skill level when I even worded it in a way that I can’t be sure if you play like this in ranked and/or that you might actually be a good player.

What’s even better is that I don’t even claim to be a good player when it comes to PvP; I’m really not. I understand what’s necessary to win and try my best, but I’m nowhere to being a top tier PvP-player.

The whole point here is that you are crying that you have an incredible hard time carrying players who are “npc-tier” while you also think you are the best player here and could 1v2 any combination of even top tier ESL players while winning those matchups, yet struggle to climb out of whatever division you are in. Meanwhile, a random guy on a build with less than maximum efficiency who plays mostly PvE manages to carry himself from silver 1 to what’s currently almost gold 3; and believe me, I have the same amount of “npc-level” players on my team as you do. How does your superiority complex explain that? You merely like to throw around terms that make you look more eloquent, but it’s all talk, nothing else. Get off your high horse, thank you.

Also, as a matter of fact, I would really like to see you 1v2ing Helseth and Rom for example, outplaying them with ease and winning.

Lastly, what cranos said. Those builds aren’t meta, they’re kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

Please, don’t talk to the “best player”. I met him on unranked a week ago and all he did was using say chat and taunting people fighting them off spots to “prove his skill” while his team lost by a large margin.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in PvP

Posted by: Myst.9182

Myst.9182

I agree for the most part. I don’t agree with the ‘git gud, an’ carry’ argument. Its a team game, your team should be supporting you. Your responsibility should not be to carry bad players up or stay down with them.

Skill rating does not reflect skill, it reflects where the system is trying to force you to go base on where it thinks you should be.

The game is paper, scissors and rock at times and quite random at others. There are a lot of parts you can’t control and so luck plays a large part in the game. Having said that, there are can control, so when your team doesn’t perform its very very frustrating and you pay for it.

in PvP

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

Last “pip” seassons I was wish to be able only soloQ. With this system, I hardly wish 5 player teams. I stuck in platinum and can’t push forward, or back.

One game I feel that opponents are awesome. They use brain, they know how to play their class – > but my 2-3 team mates chasing ele across map..
Next game I feel that opponents are newbies and I go to make coffe and return to win match…

Meaby, Meaby open option to make soloQ skill rating, and team skill rating. And solo, will be only solo – not duoQ. – my idea, don’t hate me for this

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

in PvP

Posted by: Zuko.7132

Zuko.7132

Gr8 b8 m8 ;D Your account name is perfect for you! Lets everyone know you are an egotistical buffoon without the bother of reading your hogwash posts

The Elementalist Dual Dagger Legend – Rest in Peace

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

At first I was also annoyed by this guy but now I actually find him hilarious, I’m gonna watch his videos during lunch tomorrow

in PvP

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

your attitude in the videos leaves me speechless. i feel bad for your team mates how often you fight off point makes me wonder how many games you have cost people show boating

master jedi david

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

wheres episode 2?

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

wheres episode 2?

I second this. I had a match with you a little while ago when you were playing thief, quality entertainment.

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Pretty sure I played him on my F2P account. He got bent out of shape because he was dying to a core power ranger on his druid and chased me the whole match. I think his team scored 200 pts. lolz I think dueling in WvW is more his speed. I’ll give him a +1 on the taunting though.

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

Pretty sure I played him on my F2P account. He got bent out of shape because he was dying to a core power ranger on his druid and chased me the whole match. I think his team scored 200 pts. lolz I think dueling in WvW is more his speed. I’ll give him a +1 on the taunting though.

Lol it’s more entertaining when he’s bad tbh. I also like that he calls everyone kid, like Lt. Surge from Pokemon.

in PvP

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

To create a system based on individual skill you’d have to evaluate individual classes. For example… look at Sindrener. One of, if not the best thief on the UK server. How often do you see him pegging a down, or holding a point. You don’t. He helps with the down and keeps moving like a thief should. Likewise, certain classes deal large amounts of aoe damage, making it easier to get top damage in a match… others not so much. So how do you measure skill on that?

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

He gets carried by his thief friend to gold 1. “Best player”

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in PvP

sexuallegend.2153

He gets carried by his thief friend to gold 1. “Best player”

Lmao my lad
1) I placed in gold, kept queuing with nubs. Now that I’ve started duo q’ing, only lost once. And that was with a bad 3.
2) Both me and my duo partner are able to carry fights. I was actually herding zergs most of the night and fighting off multiple enemies.
3) during that one loss with 3 baddies, i was constantly fighting 3 to 4 due to the fact that they knew who I was and immediately targetted me so sure I die pretty quick when stun locked by an herd of tryhards lmao.
4) if it continues like this, i will never lose. But do provide me with entertaining commentary. I appreciate the effort

Shadow, the Legend Myth

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

So this is the NA version of a certain sexiest male GW2 streamer EU? How cute.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

So this is the NA version of a certain sexiest male GW2 streamer EU? How cute.

The bestest eu thief and and most pleasant male ?

in PvP

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

Im pretty sure you wouldnt beat 2 of me lol. ANd what u do in the video many times is just what that class allows you to do like eles taking on so many people. also full medi trapper is bad. Against druids yhe pressure needs to be constant at melee range.