PVP Tiers?

PVP Tiers?

in PvP

Posted by: David.6491

David.6491

So I was in sPVP and I 1 v 1ed a ranger then he started to criticize my build .

Then the next game happened and my team won again he start talking to me about he is a tier 1 player and I’m a tier 5 player.

My question is how to determine your tier and where to check the requirement for the tier?.

Attachments:

David Sage – DragonBrand Commander
David Sage’s Pug Commander Guide

PVP Tiers?

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

Um… I know it’s agaisnt the rules but I really wish you handn’t blocked off his name so we could see who this “tier 1” player is.

PVP Tiers?

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

From the first picture: “wow plays with the illusion death build”. Looks like you are playing with PU and the other player is complaining about your build. Just ignore him, your build is legit and balanced, it is not like you were running shatter or other cheese builds anyway.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

PVP Tiers?

in PvP

Posted by: Acgsev.6931

Acgsev.6931

there are no tiers bro, that’s just an embarrassed, salty dude trying to save face.

Forget it, Jake. It’s SoloQ.

PVP Tiers?

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

i wish we had actual tiers. would solve many problems. players with equal skill could fight each other and everybody would be happy.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

PVP Tiers?

in PvP

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

David,

I’m going to help you out. The designation of Tier 1 for spvp players is self-appointed and an honor reserved for only the most exceptional and erudite young men and woman.

Let’s look at the text to see how we can determine the ranger’s status as Tier 1 solely by your dialogue with him:

1. Note he/she refers to your build as an “Illusion Death Build.” Most people would just say something like “PU Mesmer”, but a Tier 1 player is a learned man and uses as many syllables as possible.

2. He calls your build “cancer.” This is at least a Tier 2 vocabulary and hurts his claim slightly, a true Tier 1 would have referred to you as carcinogenic. But no doubt, in his wroth, he reverted to Tier 2 behavior. We will allow this, his claim stands.

3. He threatens to make you the “laughing stock of the PvP community.” Put simply, only a Tier 1 can make such a powerful threat.

4. “Insulting a Tier 1 player is the last thing you want to do.” Oh my, truer words have never been spoken. Incurring the wrath of a T1 player basically sets you on the path to destruction. You have no chance to survive. Make your time.

5. “pvp community separate players by tier.” This is the icing on the cake, the true separation between Tier 2 and 1 is that a true Tier 1 Hero is always educating his lessers as the Ranger is here. Learn from this David, you are in the presence of a true master imparting nuggets of pure gold wisdom.

David, your only true option here is to uninstall the game, or everyone is going to laugh at you.

On the other hand, you could ignore him and keep playing. There are no official tiers to worry about. Even the leaderboards are kind of useless. Good luck, have fun… and always remember: “It’s just solo queue.”

Sanctum of Rall

PVP Tiers?

in PvP

Posted by: Dead Muppet.9718

Dead Muppet.9718

So I was in sPVP and I 1 v 1ed a ranger then he started to criticize my build .

Then the next game happened and my team won again he start talking to me about he is a tier 1 player and I’m a tier 5 player.

My question is how to determine your tier and where to check the requirement for the tier?.

There are tier 1 rangers???

PVP Tiers?

in PvP

Posted by: Mike.4830

Mike.4830

I LAUGHED SO HARD LLLOOLLL

Backpack God
The Absurd [RIP] ESL Go4 Weekly Winners
Outplayed By Children [GG] ToL 2 Winners

PVP Tiers?

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Internet kittens xd

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

PVP Tiers?

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

lmao this just made my day.

PVP Tiers?

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Still does not change the fact that your build is cancer and focused around brainless 1v1
he said nothing wrong but truth

also look at the conversation, all he did was saying that your build is cancer and bad, but you ended up insulting him, in result he said “insulting a 1st tier player is wrong” as defense. (you clearly edited out the part where you were insulting him)

in the end, you are the one whos being a the whos insulting people and act like an innocent on the forum, it appears.

(edited by Simon.3794)

PVP Tiers?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I think he meant that he is a tier 1 whiner. You didn’t whine as much as he did, so you are only tier 5.

PVP Tiers?

in PvP

Posted by: David.6491

David.6491

First thing is I’m not running PU, I’m running a CI build.

Still does not change the fact that your build is cancer and focused around brainless 1v1
he said nothing wrong but truth

also look at the conversation, all he did was saying that your build is cancer and bad, but you ended up insulting him, in result he said “insulting a 1st tier player is wrong” as defense. (you clearly edited out the part where you were insulting him)

in the end, you are the one whos being a the whos insulting people and act like an innocent on the forum, it appears.

Also I never insulted him, I just stun locked him in the end of the game and didn’t try to kill him.

I don’t think that is insulting. I never edited out anything insulting lol I can post all the pic to prove it lol.

David Sage – DragonBrand Commander
David Sage’s Pug Commander Guide

(edited by David.6491)

PVP Tiers?

in PvP

Posted by: Haematic.4913

Haematic.4913

There are a few select players who are considered “top tier” pvpers.

This is in fact, one of the best PvPer’s I have learned from, have played with, and have played against. I would classify him as a T1 player, in the PvP community.

That was his second day on ranger, I would just say he may have gotten frustrated and you were the player who pushed him past his tipping point.

Next time just /ignore, it makes dealing with harassing players that much easier.

Good luck, have fun out there.

Fort Aspenwood – Haematic, Inclina Deus
http://youtube.com/haematic4913
http://twitch.tv/haematic

PVP Tiers?

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Who even says this kind of stuff….seriously
You make yourself the laughingstock of the community. He’s real lucky you didn’t post his name. Baha

Säïnt

PVP Tiers?

in PvP

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

Tier1 yolo, don’t insult me br0 I mak u da laff stokc of pevepe

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

PVP Tiers?

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

He probably participates in ESL or ToL and does remarkable in them.
I’d say if you don’t participate in ESL or ToL than you’d be considered a tier 5 player or tier 6.
Do you participate in ESL or ToL?
If not be thankful he gives you respect to some degree of skills.

PVP Tiers?

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

^
Bahahahaha
/15chars

Säïnt

PVP Tiers?

in PvP

Posted by: kaikalii.4198

kaikalii.4198

David,

I’m going to help you out. The designation of Tier 1 for spvp players is self-appointed and an honor reserved for only the most exceptional and erudite young men and woman.

Let’s look at the text to see how we can determine the ranger’s status as Tier 1 solely by your dialogue with him:

1. Note he/she refers to your build as an “Illusion Death Build.” Most people would just say something like “PU Mesmer”, but a Tier 1 player is a learned man and uses as many syllables as possible.

2. He calls your build “cancer.” This is at least a Tier 2 vocabulary and hurts his claim slightly, a true Tier 1 would have referred to you as carcinogenic. But no doubt, in his wroth, he reverted to Tier 2 behavior. We will allow this, his claim stands.

3. He threatens to make you the “laughing stock of the PvP community.” Put simply, only a Tier 1 can make such a powerful threat.

4. “Insulting a Tier 1 player is the last thing you want to do.” Oh my, truer words have never been spoken. Incurring the wrath of a T1 player basically sets you on the path to destruction. You have no chance to survive. Make your time.

5. “pvp community separate players by tier.” This is the icing on the cake, the true separation between Tier 2 and 1 is that a true Tier 1 Hero is always educating his lessers as the Ranger is here. Learn from this David, you are in the presence of a true master imparting nuggets of pure gold wisdom.

David, your only true option here is to uninstall the game, or everyone is going to laugh at you.

On the other hand, you could ignore him and keep playing. There are no official tiers to worry about. Even the leaderboards are kind of useless. Good luck, have fun… and always remember: “It’s just solo queue.”

This is the best post I’ve seen in a while. +1 for you sir. Thanks for making my afternoon.

Kaliiii (Thief) – SoS

PVP Tiers?

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

^ can we sticky this somewhere?

If i where Anet i would print the best posts on this forum as wallpaper and start decorating their HQ..

(also gives something to read on the can)

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)

PVP Tiers?

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

And this fits this thread perfectly

http://youtu.be/f0TAxLjkdFU

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

PVP Tiers?

in PvP