PVP UNPLAYABLE, teeming with EXPLOITERS

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

With the way the system is designed, not only do you have to worry about going against a 4man premade….

but also ending up with teammates that intentionally LOSE to lower their MMR at our expense.

Here is one example. I queued solo but the other 3 mesmers were teamed up. I literally saw one of them throw themselves at 3 opponents. Only me and the revenant had intent to win when we queued.

FIX THIS MESS. This development team is a joke.

Attachments:

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Matt Hax.8927

Matt Hax.8927

why they would lower their mmr?

in PvP

Posted by: Pakkazull.6894

Pakkazull.6894

They lower their MMR so they can face low MMR players and progress through the divisions quicker, because the system is kitten and divisions don’t reflect your MMR.

in PvP

Matt Hax.8927

so even if they loose the match they will not be downgraded right?

in PvP

Matt Hax.8927

so even if they loose the game they will not be downgraded?

in PvP

Matt Hax.8927

so even if they loose the game they will not be downgraded?

in PvP

Posted by: Pakkazull.6894

Pakkazull.6894

Not until they reach a certain division.

My main problem with the new system though is that it was supposed to be a way of gauging player skill, meaning high MMR players should be in high divisions, but this isn’t the case. As it is, the player with the highest MMR in the world can be in the same division as the player with the lowest MMR in the world. What the kitten were they thinking? It’s utterly useless, it’s just another grindy reward system.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

Not saying any names but seeing examples around where exceptional players and new players end up same position in the rank system is strongly against common sense.

in PvP

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

The moment you realize you are going to lose a league division point (pic related).

I don’t know anymore if a player or group of players are really bad, or deliberately sabotaging games and just making token effort so they won’t be called out.

Attachments:

Anvil Rockers Unite!

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

I’m happy pvp is being made unenjoyable for people other than thieves and warriors. Keep at it guys, the only way for invoke anet doing anything is by inciting widespread anger and bitterness.

in PvP

Posted by: Tia.9361

Tia.9361

snip

O_o

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

I’m really puzzled by the new system. Anet appears to have gotten the MMR to league relationship backward.

MMR should impact the rate at which you can progress through the various leagues:

1) High MMR makes you gain more points faster in the lower leagues —> this would bump all of the actually good teams and players, like Abjured, to the higher leagues so they don’t have to farm noobs all day. It will also allow them to compete against each other rather than having new players afk/ragequit because they got matched in an impossible game.

2) How many points you gain per league depends on your MMR. Low MMR = less league points and you stay in the lower-league bracket until you get good enough to start winning and get your MMR up.

3) To progress through each league, players should require a certain minimum MMR. i.e., if you have super low MMR (i.e., you don’t win consistently against skilled players), you should not be allowed to advance in the mid and high tier leagues. Why? Because you haven’t earned it.

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

At 12noon today, PST please participate this event
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pvp-league-on-guild-chat/

And bombard the hell out of them with our questions that need immediate answers, starting with – Why the hell are you destroying your own product?

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

This is what happens when the rewards are tied to tokens and not gated behind the actual leagues, people will find a way to abuse the system to gain tokens. I don’t understand how they didn’t see this coming a mile away.

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

And bombard the hell out of them with our questions that need immediate answers, starting with – Why the hell are you destroying your own product?

That’s a good idea, I’ll most likely not be able to watch the broadcast but please let me know how all that controversy goes down!

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Good idea. While we’re at it we should demand that they bring back soloq. Flood chat with requests to bring back soloq!

in PvP

Posted by: XPilo.5862

XPilo.5862

The worst part is that you can lose and still get a pip if you team has enoug points so we have some people just getting personal points but “losing” at the end. So they lower his mmr and get a pip. If that isn’t bad desing i don’t what could be.

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

One would think after so many experiences with players exploiting the negative aspects of an event, Anet would actually be careful to not repeat the same mistakes. Yet here we are once again with a system exploited through failure for better rewards.

The league is a disaster, it should be nullified and put on pause until Anet develops better codes and a working, not punishable like the MMR and 50% winratio, system for a leaderboard, as the division should actually be. Right now you need to pass through 3 systems to rank up: MMR, Win ratio and Division. That’s borderline insane and incredibly frustrating, Anet. Change it, do something before you start to lose players in mass. I’ve already friends quitting this game because they can’t handle this failed league coupled with the lack of balance.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

The funniest part is the people in OP’s screenshot are doing it wrong! lol That is in unranked. Your MMR there is not the same as your MMR in Ranked.

EDIT: I take it back they aren’t in Unranked but they are still doing it wrong because they don’t have Ranked Gems next to their names. There is no use lowering your MMR unless you are already up a bracket.

(edited by Dristig.9678)