PVP build button noticed!

in PvP

Posted by: Nacht Fuchs.3762

Nacht Fuchs.3762

When they showed ingame footage of the new map on the dev stream, i noticed a few new features on the top screen, which came down when moving the cursor over the match count.

Among these i saw a button for PVP build!!
Does this mean we will finally get something like the template system of GW?

Switching builds faster would definately promote players to try different builds and counter enemy set ups?

Anyone else noticed it?

(edited by Nacht Fuchs.3762)

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Screenshot or it never happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

Why didn’t i notice this during the stream..
Just looked it up and yup, it’s right there at the top

Attachments:

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in PvP

Nacht Fuchs.3762

Thank you sampo for the fast screenshot!

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

I’ll put down the rumors right now: This is not Gw1 Templates.

Watch this Friday’s Ready Up to learn more!

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I’ll put down the rumors right now: This is not Gw1 Templates.

Watch this Friday’s Ready Up to learn more!

Fair enough Bluxgore, but it’s still odd to me that GW1 has a leg up in terms of this feature on GW2. Hopefully what you guys are going to be showing on Ready Up! on Friday is super good!

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

It’s obviously going to be a merged PvP build interface where you can select runes and stats without having to visit the physical vendors anymore.

It will work perfectly with the new Wardrobe/locker they are building.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

It’s obviously going to be a merged PvP build interface where you can select runes and stats without having to visit the physical vendors anymore.

It will work perfectly with the new Wardrobe/locker they are building.

Yeah, that makes the most sense.

It’s clear that a GW1-styled build template is not coming in the feature build, even though preparations are being done for it to happen someday.

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Surprised it took this long for someone to notice!

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I did notice it in the stream, but I was like: “hey, maybe this is how the dev’s client UI looks like”, and didn’t give much thought afterwards… :P

in PvP

Posted by: Nighthawk.6453

Nighthawk.6453

So-o… these aren’t dev’s tools as I assumed they are…

in PvP

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

maybe its so you can look at your team mates builds so you don’t have to ask them what they are running, would make communication in solo que alot better if you could just take a look at your team mates builds at the start of a match rather then just asking what spec they are running.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

So-o… these aren’t dev’s tools as I assumed they are…

Dev Tools have an orange button at the top

i.e.

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/142884/gw011.jpg

in PvP

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I did notice it in the stream, but I was like: “hey, maybe this is how the dev’s client UI looks like”, and didn’t give much thought afterwards… :P

That’s what I thought when I saw it too. I assumed that “PvP build” meant the build version that they were testing in. For example PvP build 1.0 vs PvP build 1.1" Guess I was thinking more complicated than I should have ;-)

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

maybe its so you can look at your team mates builds so you don’t have to ask them what they are running, would make communication in solo que alot better if you could just take a look at your team mates builds at the start of a match rather then just asking what spec they are running.

While that would be useful for reasonable people, reasonable people aren’t the majority of sPvP. So much flaming would occur because of that and so much trolling would occur with people speccing garbage stuff just to make people mad. I like the idea if everyone in Solo was reasonable but, no thanks.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i was screaming on the stream about that button, asking what the heck it was, but no one listened to me T_T

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in PvP

Nacht Fuchs.3762

Sorry Grouch, couldn’t watch the stream live… had to go to London watch Chealea vs kitten nal epic game

Otherwise i would have noticed earlier

(edited by Nacht Fuchs.3762)

in PvP

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

i saw this during the stream and thought it was part of the custom arena owner UI or something xD

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

in PvP

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

If THAT’S what it is, I certainly hope that doesn’t come to PvE… elitism would get even worse if that’s the case.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I noticed this too on the livestream, but an educated guess would be that the PvP Build button just expands a window for you to place a sigil, a single rune and amulet. And if you needed to quickly change stats, all you would to do is modify those few slots.

They mentioned that you can’t mix runes anymore in the live stream, you just simply place one rune and it applies it to all 6 armors.

in PvP

Posted by: Mythoryk.7984

Mythoryk.7984

If THAT’S what it is, I certainly hope that doesn’t come to PvE… elitism would get even worse if that’s the case.

It’s fairly simple to determine what build someone is running if you know the profession. Any utility skill with a passive effect is shown in the player’s effect bar… you can determine the first 5 skills by visible weapons. Any utility skills left undetermined can be determined by the first 5 minutes of any end-game content by simply watching. If you’re concerned about “elitists” knowing what you’re running… they know.

Mythoryk: (Sorrow’s Furnace)
Guild: [CoSA]

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

had to go to London watch Chealea vs kitten nal epic game

One of the most epic censors made by censor engine in here LOL.
I think ANet is after Chelsea

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Surprised it took this long to implement ! ;d

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

From the ready up discussion last week I got the impression that they are moving further away from the idea of templates. They are beginning to add features (single rune armor sets, 14 trait points) that make build swapping more convenient…. why waste the time if they are going to just give us templates later? Most likely this is just the means for having separate builds for pve/pvp.

A bit disappointing since now I could potentially want 3 different builds at a moments notice—conquest, skyhammer, or deathmatch.

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

i wouldnt say they are moving away from templates, but rather that they are making the whole build setup and changing a lot easier and user friendly. Allowing for faster and more convenient changing.
With the wardrobe function, they also got room for adding templates in the future if the demand becomes large enough. All is not vain, yet.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Nacht Fuchs.3762

had to go to London watch Chealea vs kitten nal epic game

One of the most epic censors made by censor engine in here LOL.
I think ANet is after Chelsea

i really loved the censor engine for doing this EPIC

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

>.>

<.<

in PvP

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

>.>

<.<

I must say the coy posting is much more refreshing now that you guys are talking about things. It was quite dimissive before, but I rather enjoy it now.

in PvP

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

>.>

<.<

That Allie is so…. shifty eyed….

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in PvP

Posted by: D I V A.6018

D I V A.6018

I really hope templates are not completely off the table. I mean we always had a PvP and PvE build “saved”.

What could it be, besides templates like in GW1???

in PvP

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Exactly what i thought about it. Lol if it isnt this, so hyped.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I noticed this too on the livestream, but an educated guess would be that the PvP Build button just expands a window for you to place a sigil, a single rune and amulet. And if you needed to quickly change stats, all you would to do is modify those few slots.

They mentioned that you can’t mix runes anymore in the live stream, you just simply place one rune and it applies it to all 6 armors.

Called it!

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/42918build-ui.jpg

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Called it!

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/42918build-ui.jpg

We can’t hide it any longer! I can’t wait to show it off today on Ready Up. Its so shiny I love it.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)