PVP is dead - Long live DH meta

in PvP

Posted by: Hirasaki.6208

Hirasaki.6208

An equally skilled meta DH > equally skilled meta (insert any other non-dh class) > lesser skilled DH > lesser skilled (insert any other non-dh class).

Why even bother playing any other class. Sword+Focus/Bow meditation meta DH for days.

DH’s blocks are so OP they even blocked the nerf bat.

Here’s a youtube vid that pretty much explains how easy it is to play DH, and that how a PRO player can make it OP. Vid shows a warrior main, creates a DH using meta build and instantly plays at veteran level bec the DH class pretty much carries itself.

(edited by Hirasaki.6208)

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

They reduced healing on purification, lowered daze duration on traps, increased cd of hunter’s determination n and reduced shield of courage from 5 to 4s. What else do you want?

(edited by Kuya.6495)

in PvP

Posted by: MeinUguu.8256

MeinUguu.8256

Necromancers in plate armour.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

kittening Epic! You get a +1 for that one! LMFAO.

DHs only thorn in their side however, Druids gets the nuke.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

They reduced healing on purification, lowered daze duration on traps, increased cd of hunter’s determination n and reduced shield of courage from 5 to 4s. What else do you want?

Monks focus base healing normalized like all the other ones have been over the last few patches

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in PvP

Kuya.6495

Monks focus base healing normalized like all the other ones have been over the last few patches

when was monk’s focus last changed? Like 3 years ago?

Why whine about it now?

in PvP

OneKlicKill.4285

when was monk’s focus last changed? Like 3 years ago?

Why whine about it now?

I haven’t particularly commented on DH, I was fine with it but then they gutted elemental bastion on eles and now base healing on druids. Guard deserves the same gut to base healing (they should work their way across the board at this point) then they can move to addressing overabundence of active defense (blocks, invln, evades) and dumb passive auto procs, acess to too many dazes and stuns, stability uptimes. Obviously that would be across all classes not just guard.

But while they are hitting all the base heals Guard deserves the hit too. They are the only one that I’m aware of that have a serious heal vs health pool ratio trait left.

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in PvP

Kuya.6495

Ah so you guys want meditations nerfed not because of balance but because of sour grapes.

That’s kind of petty.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Ah so you guys want meditations nerfed not because of balance but because of sour grapes.

That’s kind of petty.

It appears so. They’re comparing AoE team wide sustain with selfish brick sustain tied to utility CDs as well.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

OneKlicKill.4285

Yeah i don’t think a marauder amulet build should be able to full 0-100 reset with no interruption chance without any stats put into healing on a 20 second CD. And engi is the last other class that can do that that needs to be addressed, but they dont ouput nearly as much damage so its not nearly as significant.

But sure I’m salty so my argument is void. They listed in the patch notes your defenses will be addressed next patch so I’m not sure why were even discussing this.

in PvP

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

DH got nerfed only and you complain?
instead you say “it blocked the nerf”

wat xD

did you even read 1 sentence of the DH patch notes??

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Ignore what the OP says. He apparently has a history of posting garbage topics about DH, or anything really, where he can’t use his brain to kill a class.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

wat xD

Yeah apparently "reading the patch notes’ is too much effort for some people. They probably had the post ready to submit the day before the patch cos you know QQ and all, all day errry day.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Rigante.2470

Rigante.2470

An equally skilled meta DH > equally skilled meta (insert any other non-dh class) > lesser skilled DH > lesser skilled (insert any other non-dh class).

Why even bother playing any other class. Sword+Focus/Bow meditation meta DH for days.

Not even close to true but thanks for the chuckle.

in PvP

Posted by: Struct.7453

Struct.7453

Thank you but due to the purification nerf we are no longer OP we are now Screwed AF.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

We didn’t really get nuked though. I’m still playing with shout bow druid and having tons of success.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Struct.7453

Struct.7453

We didn’t really get nuked though. I’m still playing with shout bow druid and having tons of success.

Look here buddy druid guy, They took our buffs! Grrrrr

in PvP

Posted by: Rune Darkmoor.3269

Rune Darkmoor.3269

Yeah i don’t think a marauder amulet build should be able to full 0-100 reset with no interruption chance without any stats put into healing on a 20 second CD. And engi is the last other class that can do that that needs to be addressed, but they dont ouput nearly as much damage so its not nearly as significant.

But sure I’m salty so my argument is void. They listed in the patch notes your defenses will be addressed next patch so I’m not sure why were even discussing this.

Let me get this straight.

You want the class who’s very theme is supposed to be strong defense, that is one of the TWO lowest HP pools in the game, that absolutely necessitates a large amount of smaller heals and or active defenses to counter balance how easy it is to kitten kick the class to the curb once the defenses are spent. (who’s base class icon is a shield no less)

You want us to be as squishy as a eles, or what? Cause that sounds like the suggestion. (especially since unless we run extremely slow hammer and stand in the symbol have kittene access to protection compared to ele, lol)

If they do that I expect an equivalent DPS buff. Lol

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Let me get this straight.

You want the class who’s very theme is supposed to be strong defense, that is one of the TWO lowest HP pools in the game, that absolutely necessitates a large amount of smaller heals and or active defenses to counter balance how easy it is to kitten kick the class to the curb once the defenses are spent. (who’s base class icon is a shield no less)

You want us to be as squishy as a eles, or what? Cause that sounds like the suggestion. (especially since unless we run extremely slow hammer and stand in the symbol have kittene access to protection compared to ele, lol)

If they do that I expect an equivalent DPS buff. Lol

You have some good points up until “You want us to be as squishy as a eles, or what?” Yeah you’re heavy not light armor, so how about no. Protection can be removed btw since it’s a boon, nobody’s taking your armor. I wouldn’t mind a small DPS buff to melee weapons, just not LB.

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

I’ve finally come to the realization that no matter what Anet does, people will continue to whine and complain. I think the title of this thread is a tad over dramatic….

I think it’s funny that people come up with “facts” that spread through the forums and HotM. Like the “fact” that DH is a no-skill class… In my experience, i can faceroll/button mash Engi, Druid, Ele and get good results. I can play thief and just completely avoid combat and focus on back caps and get good results.

Look, your negative opinions are bias. Your battles of “wits” are just copy/paste gw2 wiki. Calling out 1 or 2 skills as being OP without taking the entire class design into account seems to be an acceptable argument for some reason. Probably because people will support the bias claims if it allows them to project their sub par game skills off themselves. GLHF

in PvP

Posted by: Blackari.2051

Blackari.2051

problem with DH is that we are playing conquest….. They will be OP with their traps as long as we are in conquest mode, because either they will zone you out of point => enemy wins, or they will shred you to pieces while you trying to even survive on point => enemy wins … DH is “OP” thanks to game mode we are playing that is all

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

They removed gyro daze completely.

Let’s start by removing DH trap daze too

;D

in PvP

Posted by: Sorin Noroku.5342

Sorin Noroku.5342

As a main dh/guard I can tell you. 1) don’t stand in traps, since dh came out people cried traps are too strong yet they STILL stand in them. 2) most meditrap DH are spike builds, which many gw1 players remember the ranger spike, it plays similar. Blow a bunch of cooldowns ASAP, have to switch to sword quickly and play defensive until the cooldowns are back, typically 30 seconds is expected. A LOT happens in 30 seconds.

My known counters are thieves with range who know to not stay close, power reapers, hard ccs (see warrior), and mesmers are still an issue. However, DH is not over powered. Just don’t stand in the traps, pop and run out/use a block, if they’re that kind of DH. If they’re the other kind, survive the spike and you should be good for thirty seconds to get them.

Also, stability is a large help against DH.

in PvP

Kuya.6495

;D

Start? DH nerfs have been constant since october of last year. I think its safe to say the complaints will never stop unlesss anet deletes the class.

Also, sour grapes.

in PvP

Posted by: Blackari.2051

Blackari.2051

1) don’t stand in traps, since dh came out people cried traps are too strong yet they STILL stand in them.

Do you realize that we are playing CONQUEST MODE ?!!! , you have to stain on point in able to get it capped in order to win … and since DH traps are as big as points are, then there is no win for you if you are going against DH, either you dont stand in traps and you will lose point or you will stand in them but then you will die and you will still lose the point …

in PvP

Kuya.6495

I don’t understand that dilemma. If getting on the point is too dangerous, then stay off it and kill the dh standing on it. Doesn’t matter if he’s capped the point. If he dies, he’s given your team 5 points and you’re just gonna cap the point anyway or at least decap it, so the dh gains nothing from that little stunt if he can’t stay alive long enough to receive help or if he can’t kill you.

Now, if you’re not able to kill the dh by yourself whilst staying off the point, then you have no business picking that 1v1 in the first place.

in PvP

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

The reason DH’s are so powerful is because of their traps. If you’ve noticed, every other class has skills that are high in utility, but extremely low on damage. However, traps have very good damage and decent utility (some traps pull the enemy, stun them, pile on conditions).

In order to survive, many other classes need to also sacrifice one or two skill slots for defensive skills while DH’s do not. They get a lot more damage and quite a bit of utility.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

in PvP

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

You have some good points up until “You want us to be as squishy as a eles, or what?” Yeah you’re heavy not light armor, so how about no. Protection can be removed btw since it’s a boon, nobody’s taking your armor. I wouldn’t mind a small DPS buff to melee weapons, just not LB.

Eh. The difference between heavy armour and light armour is relatively subtle. It’s there, yes, but considering that boon removal is relatively uncommon, it’s roughly counteracted by the greater access elementalists have to damage reduction.

The bigger point is that professions that are more fragile in their inherent stats need more from their traits and active skills to make up for it. Elementalists have weaker base stats then necromancers but have more healing, damage reduction, and damage prevention to make up for it. Guardians and warriors have the same relationship… and the meta warrior build is able to bring a lot of damage prevention, so guardian defences can only be nerfed so much before it gets replaced by warrior altogether unless warrior defences get nerfed alongside it.

I don’t understand that dilemma. If getting on the point is too dangerous, then stay off it and kill the dh standing on it. Doesn’t matter if he’s capped the point. If he dies, he’s given your team 5 points and you’re just gonna cap the point anyway or at least decap it, so the dh gains nothing from that little stunt if he can’t stay alive long enough to receive help or if he can’t kill you.

Now, if you’re not able to kill the dh by yourself whilst staying off the point, then you have no business picking that 1v1 in the first place.

Playing from both sides, my experience is that a DH can usually sit on point and sustain well enough to at least stalemate most 1v1s.

And this becomes more so when the DHs are stacked, since they can share some of their damage prevention and healing.

Now, I think this is as much a function of the game mode (particularly the teeny points) as the way the DH itself works, but the potential for a DH to catch-22 a point is certainly there.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

;D

Start? DH nerfs have been constant since october of last year. I think its safe to say the complaints will never stop unlesss anet deletes the class.

Also, sour grapes.

Those nerfs were a false start. Now we’re ready to be serious, remove the daze.

Also stop being over dramatic. The only class that needs deleting is Rev, duh.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I think the reason DH is strong is not because of traps.

Ill start with the Pull: No other class has a viable pull, every other class that has a pull is still buggy after 4 years. DH doesn’t have to sacrifice ANYTHING to obtain that pull into the build. It also pulls multiple enemies.

Next is the passives: You can over stack stun breaking passives into your build that also give passive Aegis spam, which is more blocks. Those blocks not only block damage, but they heal, damage and remove conditions from yourself and allies. All passives too.

Shield of Courage: Blocks all incoming attacks even though it clearly looks like a portable reflection wall. (well to my bad graphics it does)

But I play at scrub levels, not pro levels. My Guard runs a Diviner Shout Guard lol

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

wat xD

rev got nerfed too. so did druid. so “dh got nerfed only” pls actually read the patchnotes next time instead of cherry picking.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

That’s hardly noteworthy in the offseason. Longbow druid is worthless against any good ele before the patch.

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

blocks arent OP, blocks block one, two, thre… attaks, during a short time gate, invuln blocks all incoming attacks in the same timegate

guardians are the heavy class whith less HP pool , their true hp pool is hidden in blocks amd heals and guards are designed for being a front line tank, without blocks and heals guardians are a glass cannon whith weet powder

in PvP

Posted by: Hirasaki.6208

Hirasaki.6208

blocks arent OP, blocks block one, two, thre… attaks, during a short time gate, invuln blocks all incoming attacks in the same timegate

guardians are the heavy class whith less HP pool , their true hp pool is hidden in blocks amd heals and guards are designed for being a front line tank, without blocks and heals guardians are a glass cannon whith weet powder

Go play a non-dh toon and go find a meta dh (sword/focus + Longbow meditation DH) who knows how to play and try to take his point or defend a point from him. Preferably someone in the Legendary League. IF you cant find one there is one hanging out in server 001 hotjoin at some time with initials A.E. Norn DH. No he’s not the best but he’s the easiest to find and can show you how OP DH is.

(edited by Hirasaki.6208)

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Since the release of the DH class it got some serious nerfs:

• True Shot damage slashed a 20%.
  • Damage from traps reduced; 7% in Test of Faith.
  • Daze from Hunter’s Determination reduced from 1 second to 0.50 and now to 0.25.
  • Shield of Courage block reduced a 20% (from 5 to 4 seconds).
  • Hunter’s Ward barrier is only released if the final attack hits, and its duration was reduced (from 6 to 5 seconds).
  • Hunter’s Determination cd rised from 45 to 60 seconds; Shards of Faith dropped reduced from 5 to 3.

Still, got some buffs in virtues and in traits, weapons and skills that nobody uses, and none of those changes assured a slot in teams in the Pro League (there were like a couple of Guardians amongst the 16 teams, without too much success).

Must be signaled, also, that HoT brought blocks and projectile deflections to a lot of classes, and gave them a good amount of new unblockable attacks which rended Shelter almost useless.

Still, people moans. They keep blocking the traps with the face, they refuse to use evade or stability vs Spear of Justice, and they love to go 1 vs 2 DH in the same node instead of taking numerical advantage in another spot, etc.

No balance playe will prevent bad players to play badly. Baddies gonna do bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Seth.8906

Seth.8906

So a DH can block and go glass cannon be tanky and do a lot of damage.
And druid?

If a guardian can block a healer can heal oh sorry cant stability steal mobility are on cooldown.

Bunker or dps all is unbalanced they nerfed druid active and passive defences is time for other classes

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I would srcap the traps entirelly, for more team play flavour utilities…. wards similair to gw1 would be nice, there was a nice concept in pvp with wards.

They even removed that -.-".

@Seth.8906, not enirelly true, bunker guards tend to do no damage, the issue is that they dont have surviability so medi trapper spammer is the only way to play.
And traps are effective even with nomads stats in wvw.. so they are super disruptive in spvp…

If a DH is a bunker due f3, the other team is just awfull, besides limited defense arc theres alot of skills that can presusre and counter.

I dont know if i cry or laugh when people run from Focus 5, cause if it blocks 3 hits it wont explode… people prefer to run and get the damage, 3 auto atacks or simple another gardian Shield 5 would absorve focus damadge as example.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in PvP

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

wat xD

rev got nerfed too. so did druid. so “dh got nerfed only” pls actually read the patchnotes next time instead of cherry picking.

you misunderstood me

I didnt meant to say that only DH got nerfed
I wanted to say that DH only recieved nerfs and no buffs (unrelated to the nerfs/buffs to other classes)

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in PvP

abaddon.3290

wat xD

you misunderstood me

I wanted to say that DH only recieved nerfs and no buffs (unrelated to the nerfs/buffs to other classes)

fair enough. my apologies. i would like to mention that anet also said gaurd defenses are getting nerfed next balance patch.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

I would love my DH to have 3k + armor like my druid. I would love my DH to have 20k HP like my necro. I would love my guard to have speed like my herald and Mesmer.

I need defense, not nerf’d defense. I would like my DH to hit 7k + crits on players like warriors hit on my DH, but I have to sacrifice dmg for defense.

I’m not looking for defense of my DH to be nerf’d.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

I would love my DH to have 3k + armor like my druid. I would love my DH to have 20k HP like my necro. I would love my guard to have speed like my herald and Mesmer.

I need defense, not nerf’d defense. I would like my DH to hit 7k + crits on players like warriors hit on my DH, but I have to sacrifice dmg for defense.

I’m not looking for defense of my DH to be nerf’d.

Or you could try to play thief and realize that only thing you can do is dodge and then run for your life.

in PvP

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

I’m just happy to survive power burst thieves. But, yeah, they always run for their life with shadowstep 3 and 4 times in a row with initiatives that never seem to run out.

I won’t even get into the ridiculous amount of stealth and being able to attack and deal damage while stealthed. That’s something I’ve never seen any stealth class able to do in any other game I’ve played.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

I’m just happy to survive power burst thieves. But, yeah, they always run for their life with shadowstep 3 and 4 times in a row with initiatives that never seem to run out.

I won’t even get into the ridiculous amount of stealth and being able to attack and deal damage while stealthed. That’s something I’ve never seen any stealth class able to do in any other game I’ve played.

Shadowstep has 50 sec CD. 3-4 times in a row, how?

Ini does run out, pretty fast too, hence why trickery is must have. Smart thief just doesn’t waste it mindlessly.

Stealth is contra-productive in conquest in most cases – can’t hold point in stealth. Not to mention the abundance of revs and scrappers in high tiers made stealth-based specs obsolete.

Are you seriously complaining about trapper thief that nobody plays in pvp LOL? Is this WvW forum? The build is also noob stomper, anyone with half brain doesn’t die to that.

Stealth is also supposed to be thief main mechanic, just saying. In other games thief-like classes also have other mechanics that thieves in gw2 don’t have (e.g. complete immunity to magic dmg, completely disarming enemy so they can’t use weapon spells, high access to stuns etc.) People would cry rivers if thief had even half of the spells my rogue had in WoW. Imagine thieves could cast multiple backstabs in a row with basi venom for 6 sec straight. From all games i have played (and i played quite few) thief stealth in this game is actually quite balanced.

(edited by Shadowstep.6049)

in PvP

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

wat xD

you misunderstood me

fair enough. my apologies. i would like to mention that anet also said gaurd defenses are getting nerfed next balance patch.

Where did they say that?

in PvP

abaddon.3290

wat xD

you misunderstood me

Where did they say that?

from the balance patch
“In the next balance patch, we’ll be normalizing some of the dragonhunter specialization’s defensive capabilities while increasing some effects for baseline guardian abilities” normalize is another term for nerf.and if you say “well they did say theyll be buffing other abilities” tell that to the raiding revenant.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

phokus.8934

wat xD

you misunderstood me

Where did they say that?

from the balance patch
“In the next balance patch, we’ll be normalizing some of the dragonhunter specialization’s defensive capabilities while increasing some effects for baseline guardian abilities” normalize is another term for nerf.and if you say “well they did say theyll be buffing other abilities” tell that to the raiding revenant.

I read the notes as them already doing that with this patch.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

abaddon.3290

wat xD

you misunderstood me

Where did they say that?

from the balance patch

idk how you got that from “in the next balance patch”

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

phokus.8934

wat xD

you misunderstood me

Where did they say that?

from the balance patch

idk how you got that from “in the next balance patch”

It makes no sense for them to even hint or overtly say what they’re going to do in the next balance patch when they could have done it (and they have) with this patch.

Look at what was changed and you can see that they are talking about this balance patch.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

DH does significantly less damage than a power rev, & will lose to any power rev who knows how to use unblockable skills. the heal is stupid easy to interrupt, as are the wings.

the only advantages DH has is strong condi clear. its worse than power rev in all other respects. it really doesnt need a nerf. yall just need to use unblockable skills & interrupt those heals.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

i giggled