Paid Tournaments = epic fail

in PvP

Posted by: krivoj.8407

krivoj.8407

Who play Tpvp? maybe 8 teams in all europe. Maybe.

Queues around 40 minutes.
Queues around 40 minutes until 10.00 PM. After the desolation….nobody.

Matchmaking system = 5 rare tickets (you and other 4 players have to win 5 spvp tounaments or get 1 ticket from daily achievements).

Start Paid tournaments = you play against the best hardcore team in europe. Result = 500-20 or 500-100.

So next time no paid, just normal spvp. And if you want play another Paid, you need one week for get 5 tickets.

No leaderboard in game. Just a stupid post on forum….. no real rankings, no visible rankings, only stupid title ‘champion magus’ …
So spirit competition = zero absolute.

At the moment = PVP is EPIC FAIL.

If i have to play Pve, i come back to play WOW.

in PvP

Posted by: josephsora.4579

josephsora.4579

I think ticket is quite easy to get. You can also get it from chest, and the chance is not low.

However, the queue of tournament is one of the biggest problem for me. I can’t even play any paid tournament. I queue for half day still not getting enough of team.

So if you say paid tournaments = epic fail, I agree. Nothing is fun when you can’t even play it.

Just hope there is no ranked tournament, I am quite sure it will take 10x times to queue compare to paid tournament (since you need to match the other 7 team with similar rank, which is absolutely take time).

in PvP

Posted by: Aragiel.6132

Aragiel.6132

I believe the initial idea was to have

hot-join = first step in sPVP and for casual / solo players
Free tournament = second step in sPvP for people that allready know their class, but still casual with possibility to play with friends
PAID tournament = organized format for premades only
Custom arenas = organized format for high level teams and price money tournaments. As a side effect customs can be used aslo for practicing / personal servers and any other.

Now what i see as an issue – is that premade groups from FREE tournaments never really moved to PAID. And thats due to following reasons

1) they just sooo bad they have to play against PUG groups showing their own awesomness.. Its true that some players simply dont need challenge, they want easy win.
2) entry fee for PAID is so expensive. In order to entry one paid you have to WIN 4 free tournaments + finish your daily quest. That will give your team 5 tickets. The problem is that for this you need at least 3 hours of ingame time which is normally too much allready and instead of going to paid in next round.. you going to bed.
3) GEM lottery – im not sure how that one was planned but in my opinion the idea behind was to give teams additional options how to receive tickets. unfortunatelly is random and probably hard to win (not sure need to check it a bit more)

So the main issue.. its simply the entry fee. In current system is very easy to burn out your tickets and very hard (speaking about time you need to spend to get 5 tickets) to get new ones.

IF entry fee and rewards are more coresponing = then as a direct result more premades will move from FREE to PAID. Which would also make casual players easier life as they will not fight PREMADEs almost every game.

in PvP

Posted by: neacaisa.9278

neacaisa.9278

the game is still pretty much unbalanced, but i expect that in the next months sPvP will be the main focus, i can’t wait for for solo/team ladders and huge organized tournaments with great rewards

in PvP

josephsora.4579

IF entry fee and rewards are more coresponing = then as a direct result more premades will move from FREE to PAID. Which would also make casual players easier life as they will not fight PREMADEs almost every game.

I believe this is a chain effect.
Reward not attractive enough, or entry fee too expensive => fewer team queue paid tournament => player know that queuing paid tournament is hard plus reward not coresponing to entry fee, so they choose free tournament instead => Paid tournament have fewer and fewer population => Now.

in PvP

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

I have only done two paid tournies so far (my team is rank 22-32 and we do not consider ourselves “pro”). Both times we faced r40+ teams and lost. Having that said, we didn’t do bad the last time but the experience/skill level was just too big. Playing tournies really is a pain without a ladder. Because in free tournies we are actually winning a lot. So our team is kinda inbetween atm.. It’s weird and annoying.

They also made it a lot easyer to get tickets now so most teams can do atleast 1/2 paids a week if they want (7 dailies + 3 free tournie wins). I’m expecting that as my team progresses, we do a bit more paids and get some wins eventually awell. It’s just that the “progress” has a gap between decent and hardcore players. Like i said, a ladder would fix this!!!

The only thing i haven’t noticed in those two paid tournies was a long queue. We had one pop up in 10 mins and the other in 2 minutes. This was during prime time ofc.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in PvP

josephsora.4579

I have only done two paid tournies so far (my team is rank 22-32 and we do not consider ourselves “pro”). Both times we faced r40+ teams and lost. Having that said, we didn’t do bad the last time but the experience/skill level was just too big. Playing tournies really is a pain without a ladder. Because in free tournies we are actually winning a lot. So our team is kinda inbetween atm.. It’s weird and annoying.

They also made it a lot easyer to get tickets now so most teams can do atleast 1/2 paids a week if they want (7 dailies + 3 free tournie wins). I’m expecting that as my team progresses, we do a bit more paids and get some wins eventually awell. It’s just that the “progress” has a gap between decent and hardcore players. Like i said, a ladder would fix this!!!

The only thing i haven’t noticed in those two paid tournies was a long queue. We had one pop up in 10 mins and the other in 2 minutes. This was during prime time ofc.

Would you mind telling me when you queue last time (in PST if possible)? I never successfully queue any paid tournament.

in PvP

Aragiel.6132

There is actually more guild in “between”. They all want to fight organized premades, but they can´t because of the limited access and skill gap.

Thats direct result of paid being so expensive / not enough rewarding tickets wise. maybe 15-20% of teams can play PAID while majority is forced to play FREE.
ANd once again – i have nothing against it i will be gladly playing FREE as long as im not fighing newcomers or not organized groups. And thats the case righ now.. i can fight in PAID but mostly i have to go to free and stomp newcommers + unorganized teams. Thats not fun for me. Most games in FREE im winning with 300+ point difference sometimes even 500:0. Not nice..

in PvP

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

Start Paid tournaments = you play against the best hardcore team in europe. Result = 500-20 or 500-100.

Paid is for organized? No, there is for crazy ppl that play 24/24 7/7 all day all time. So other ppl can’t, simply can’t win paid tournament.
ANet should fix this.

in PvP

josephsora.4579

There is actually more guild in “between”. They all want to fight organized premades, but they can´t because of the limited access and skill gap.

Thats direct result of paid being so expensive / not enough rewarding tickets wise. maybe 15-20% of teams can play PAID while majority is forced to play FREE.
ANd once again – i have nothing against it i will be gladly playing FREE as long as im not fighing newcomers or not organized groups. And thats the case righ now.. i can fight in PAID but mostly i have to go to free and stomp newcommers + unorganized teams. Thats not fun for me. Most games in FREE im winning with 300+ point difference sometimes even 500:0. Not nice..

Thats why ranked/rating matchmaking with free entry fee can solve it. Decent player matched with decent player, newcomer matched with newcomer. I think there is no need to have 2 different tournament, free and paid, just 1 matchmaking system is enough to solve many problem, and for all kind of player(except for those who want easy win).

What? they are planning for price tournament? I am very sure no one will play it. Please don’t waste time on it.

in PvP

Aragiel.6132

Thats why ranked/rating matchmaking with free entry fee can solve it. Decent player matched with decent player, newcomer matched with newcomer. I think there is no need to have 2 different tournament, free and paid, just 1 matchmaking system is enough to solve many problem, and for all kind of player(except for those who want easy win).

What? they are planning for price tournament? I am very sure no one will play it. Please don’t waste time on it.

Thats actually true. I can imagine if people actually play FREE tournaments for rank (matchmaking / ELO rating etc) and they are properly matched – then its totaly fine. While PAID should then be used for example for monthly tournaments. Then it does make sense !!

We actually need only one tournament queue + working mathcmaking = sucess for all. Best will be matched with best or those who are close to be best.

in PvP

Posted by: Coopers.4376

Coopers.4376

Paid is for organized? No, there is for crazy ppl that play 24/24 7/7 all day all time. So other ppl can’t, simply can’t win paid tournament.
ANet should fix this.

While the crazy teams do play a lot, you can still win. My team does maybe 10 paid tournies a week and we manage to win a good amount. So don’t get too discouraged, every team loses.