Pain to play in diamond

Pain to play in diamond

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I think its a pain to play in diamond. If your MMR is average and not good you get brainless people on your team who even do the easiest tasks wrong. It is like playing saphire league. I worked hard to get to 24 pips (took around 150 games from diamond 0 pips) then 1 loss streak ruined it all and now I am stuck between 5 and 10 pips. Almost every loss is the direct result of some brainless person doing very obvious mistakes that can be considered throwing the match.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Pain to play in diamond

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I’m not so sure Diamond is the only league to suffer from this.

NSPride <3

Pain to play in diamond

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

I’m not so sure Diamond is the only league to suffer from this.

I think the problem is that its too easy to get carried by above average MMR and winstreaks into divisions and tiers you do not belong to. It definitely is much worse than previous seaons.

Pain to play in diamond

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

I do T4 fractals everyday, I’m pretty good at them and get them done fast. I regularly get players in my groups who have the pvp legendary wings on display. And more often than not I spend most of my time rezing those players to prevent wipes. I stand there wondering how did they get those wings when they can’t handle a simple predictable fractal. When my guild mates and I won’t be able to get them.

Pain to play in diamond

in PvP

Posted by: Switchblade.6924

Switchblade.6924

PvP does not equal PvE. Do PvE players come into PvP and just stomp? No. I dont see how the above post is relevant.

But in relation to the post, I have noticed a lot this season that I can pinpoint a few points that throw a game. I’m not perfect myself, and maybe I’m just noticing more as I’m learning and taking PvP more seriously. I’ve found however that grouping up with some fellow diamonds that are good has helped me a lot. I’ve gone from being stuck in the bottom of T1 Diamond to T6 in about a week by having a regular group of friends that I can work through things with.

Good luck getting to Legendary!

Pain to play in diamond

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

I do T4 fractals everyday, I’m pretty good at them and get them done fast. I regularly get players in my groups who have the pvp legendary wings on display. And more often than not I spend most of my time rezing those players to prevent wipes. I stand there wondering how did they get those wings when they can’t handle a simple predictable fractal. When my guild mates and I won’t be able to get them.

maybe because they dont play fractal that often? just because they are good at pvp (assumed) doesnt mean they are like u who already memorize or very familiar with all the tells of NPC. same thing can be said. u know how many [Dnt] players i fought in spvp and they all eat dirt getting stomp all day. these guys are pve champs. but alas they suck at things they dont regularly play.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Pain to play in diamond

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Most PvPers have 0 interest in fractals and it’s no surprise they have no idea what they’re doing half the time in fracs

Even if there is a correlation between PvP skill and fractals, you know that the wings are obtainable without being even past Diamond over multiple seasons right?

Back on topic: I feel like they change the queue thing again, I was T4 x1 legend and had 45 min queues without pop for past few weeks but tonight I got a few games with/vs diamond players after 10 mins. I even got a game where we had a full legend stack with some pro league and prestige 16 player vs diamonds. Gonna be hell to get to legend now compared to before lol

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Pain to play in diamond

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Yes, I noticed some legends in enemy team with less than 5min queue times. I thought it was weird because I am so far away from legendary at the moment

Pain to play in diamond

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

I took someones advice to play unranked again. So much fun there compared to ranked. When it ignores piprange the mm is decent. Thing is tho, in season 2 i actually had fun challenging matches in diamond and was happy about it. The matches were even. In diamond this season theres just plain dumb people and the gap is too big between the mmr groups since so many baddies progressed to diamond for no reason. Dont even understand how half of them got there.

(edited by sanctuary.1068)

Pain to play in diamond

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

agree with above poster, diamond is full of the worst of the worst.

Pain to play in diamond

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Giving instructions seems to be pointless, too. Just lost another game because noone even looks what you say in team chat and then there is always someoen suiciding on far. I honestly cant see any difference between saphire and diamond division. People are useless in both.
I am not saying I am playing flawless in any way, but people do too many obvious tactical and strategical mistakes in my MMR range. It is pretty much uncarryable for my skill level if people do such huge mistakes.

Pain to play in diamond

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Well now I got back to 20-25 pip range after some hard work now I keep getting legendaries in my team who afk most of their games, often from start of the match already. Thanks for nothing Anet. PvP in this game is a sad joke.