Parallels between the CS:GO and GW2 right now

in PvP

Posted by: Zee.6431

Zee.6431

For anyone whos not a csgo player:
Valve recently released a patch that total kittened up the balance of the game making it impossible to enjoy and play proper competitive and casual matchmaking similar to gw2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BHLq-NvlHg&index=3&list=FLi4_z_m4RAndkfVQG9B8z5Q

The post below is the only difference and is what separates a ANET from a successful company with a massive scene…

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2015/12/13366/

why are you waiting to fix your broken game anet?

(edited by Zee.6431)

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Yeah the R8 was pretty broken, don’t know what they were thinking releasing it in that state. However, it’s great to see Valve patch it so promptly, the CSGO dev team is really small also. Anet definitely could learn a few things.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: FriendlyInvader.3126

FriendlyInvader.3126

Pretty hilarious how they hot fixed the ranger shout “We heal as one”, but refuse to hot fix this mess of a balance.

in PvP

Zee.6431

@harbinger : yeah exactly… they patched it in what 2 days? And weve been in this mess, and will continue to be so, for how long?
such a joke.

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

But Valve isn’t so dumb to stick to some insane schedule and therefore let the fracked up balance be for 3 month. That’s ANet’s schtick.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

CS:GO is just naturally competitive so balancing is common. GW2 has a variety of things you can do so it draws attention away from certain parts of the game.

Though, I do understand the message that Anet should be replying.

Try Reddit.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

the equivelant of the R8 would be like a 4s CD skill that does 10k damage and cc’s you for 2 seconds with a low cast time rofl

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Posted by: falkja.8059

falkja.8059

I’ll tell you why they’re waiting, they need to squeeze some more juice out of HoT, simple as that
Right now HoT is clearly an upgrade for any pvp player (contrary to what they claimed, which is shameful), so the longer they have this imbalance the more time they get for people to buy HoT because they are forced to(from a pvp prespective)

in PvP

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

How many skills players have in csgo?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

WOW, people started hating it on the ninth and it was fixed on the tenth! I am blown away, how much does CS:GO cost?

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

Posted by: WhiteDeath.8067

WhiteDeath.8067

Time to join DMG master race OPN

in PvP

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

the equivelant of the R8 would be like a 4s CD skill that does 10k damage and cc’s you for 2 seconds with a low cast time rofl

So similar to rev hammer 2, gunflame or even DH traps traited? Yet they listened to the players and aren’t waiting till the new year to do something.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Heroes of Newearth have an entire subforum dedicated to balance.

Balancing new things like elite specs and classes tends to be tough until the community gets a hold of it, when devs can see metrics and balance accordingly.

With that said most people who complain about a class simply don’t wanna figure out a counter to an alleged OP class. Thief used to be considered OP in this game but a bunker hammer and sword/shield warrior gave me trouble whereas I was fine against ele and mesmer, though duels are relatively rare in WvW. Guardian felt fair despite retaliation as it could go either way, but that was many balance patches ago.

Nowadays so much is overpowered that it has come full circle and feels fair so long as you’re on a druid or revenant, haven’t tried any other class this season. Shiro is meta but I personally prefer Glint for the reveal and making big groups blow a dodge with the dragon elite. Some people report that the skill lags though I’d rather it be useful for intended purposes not unsportsmanlike tactics that take advantage of stuff outside the game’s mechanics like FPS drops.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I’m quite sure Anet went on a 2-months long vacation.

They are gonna do something when they get back, but I doubt it will be the balance changes people expected or wanted. I just wished they would have made tempest into something more than an auramancer bunker support class.

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

The answer may be found in peeking behind the curtain. While we can’t do that we can get some insight from former and current employees thanks to glassdoor.com. While not ranked horribly, ArenaNet is ranked lower than most studios behind competitive play titles including: Riot Games, Valve and even Activation-Blizzard. Going solely by redundant information found on that site over time, we see some patterns emerge. It seems ArenaNet has more office politics than most environments and management tends to micro manage randomly and just because without any real set triggers. When they launched GW2 back in 2012 the spirit was very we’ve created the most innovative, beautiful MMO ever made There was a lot of pride in the product. A lot of that warranted, but I think the failures of the core game launch are well known. I think the failures in the first year of release are well known and the numbers just aren’t there. The game may have met financial milestones, but certainly not the hope that the passionate hard working crew behind it had hope it would. Frustrated by who knows what, many of them have departed leaving us with the next wave of talent.

All companies have problems, I just hope they aren’t delusional about how grand GW2 in the mix of MMOs on the market place here in late 2015. The play mechanics hold much untapped potential and even potential to be #1 but that is restricted by where it falls short in so many other aspects and I’m way beyond talking PvP alone here.

I do honestly feel at this stage in it’s life ArenaNet is aware the game is no longer viewed as fresh and new. In fact, it’s quite old to the gaming community, so their strategy is likely to take small risk, every feature designed to maximize revenue even at the expense of what some players may view as the integrity of the game.

They care much more about loss of play time and spending than rants. So when they see you’re in forums chatting up all that’s wrong then you return to game only to play another 4.6.8 hours a day understand…. You are the fish and they have their hook in you. They are in control and ultimately for them, the design is working. They know your love of what the product was and hope for what will be fixed help root you and they are likely playing this to their advantage.

It’s a virtual theme park, all the needed professionals are on staff to implement system to keep us in game and spending money.

(edited by SamTheGuardian.2938)

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

I wish Anet wanted the game to be better. At this rate, your money dies Anet. You are kicking players out the door AGAIN. Who’s going to spend if the game has no players?

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

You do realize that csgo is fps and doesnt require much work to be balance right?

On the other hands GW2 has thousand of traits and skills, how are these two even comparable? It’s easier said than done, balancing in GW2 is harder than you thought.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

in PvP

You do realize that csgo is fps and doesnt require much work to be balance right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

LOL.

You’ve never played Counterstrike, have you?

in PvP

Booms.3952

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

LOL.

Yes fixing damage modifiers on 1 gun is much harder to do than change 20-50 skills and traits and mechanics to balance the game without killing certain builds

And yes I play cs

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

LOL.

Yes fixing damage modifiers on 1 gun is much harder to do than change 20-50 skills and traits and mechanics to balance the game without killing certain builds

And yes I play cs

Thank you for proving my point that you have no idea how balancing works.

in PvP

Booms.3952

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

LOL.

And yes I play cs

Thank you for proving my point that you have no idea how balancing works.

I think we all understand a 850$ mini awp that wins every fight by prefiring body shots is op and needs a dmg nerf but when bunker Mesmer is op do you remove the stability of remove cleanses or remove precog or remove feedback trait or nerf protection or nerf blurred or nerf chaos fields or nerf alacrity or nerf durability runes because the wrong thing may destroy all mesmers

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Zee.6431

I think we all understand a 850$ mini awp that wins every fight by prefiring body shots is op and needs a dmg nerf but when bunker Mesmer is op do you remove the stability of remove cleanses or remove precog or remove feedback trait or nerf protection or nerf blurred or nerf chaos fields or nerf alacrity or nerf durability runes because the wrong thing may destroy all mesmers

do something small and see how it affects things then in another 2 days do a little bit more rinse and repeat? ill tell you how the game doesnt get fixed. doing nothing for a full month while everyone loses respect for the game.
Edit: and just to be clear balance isnt the only problem. the kitten league system makes the game unplayable right now too.

(edited by Zee.6431)

in PvP

Posted by: Asato.5479

Asato.5479

The answer may be found in peeking behind the curtain. While we can’t do that we can get some insight from former and current employees thanks to glassdoor.com. While not ranked horribly, ArenaNet is ranked lower than most studios behind competitive play titles including: Riot Games, Valve and even Activation-Blizzard. Going solely by redundant information found on that site over time, we see some patterns emerge. It seems ArenaNet has more office politics than most environments and management tends to micro manage randomly and just because without any real set triggers. When they launched GW2 back in 2012 the spirit was very we’ve created the most innovative, beautiful MMO ever made There was a lot of pride in the product. A lot of that warranted, but I think the failures of the core game launch are well known. I think the failures in the first year of release are well known and the numbers just aren’t there. The game may have met financial milestones, but certainly not the hope that the passionate hard working crew behind it had hope it would. Frustrated by who knows what, many of them have departed leaving us with the next wave of talent.

All companies have problems, I just hope they aren’t delusional about how grand GW2 in the mix of MMOs on the market place here in late 2015. The play mechanics hold much untapped potential and even potential to be #1 but that is restricted by where it falls short in so many other aspects and I’m way beyond talking PvP alone here.

I do honestly feel at this stage in it’s life ArenaNet is aware the game is no longer viewed as fresh and new. In fact, it’s quite old to the gaming community, so their strategy is likely to take small risk, every feature designed to maximize revenue even at the expense of what some players may view as the integrity of the game.

They care much more about loss of play time and spending than rants. So when they see you’re in forums chatting up all that’s wrong then you return to game only to play another 4.6.8 hours a day understand…. You are the fish and they have their hook in you. They are in control and ultimately for them, the design is working. They know your love of what the product was and hope for what will be fixed help root you and they are likely playing this to their advantage.

It’s a virtual theme park, all the needed professionals are on staff to implement system to keep us in game and spending money.

+1

in PvP

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

LOL.

Yes because nerf the damage on a gun is so much harder than balancing thousands of traits and skills. What a pro at balancing you are.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Errrr.

Fixing a few problems, since I don’t know them all, but it seems pretty straightforward.

Add a cast time and a big tell to Infuse Light. Defiant Stance is almost the exact same skill but it has both.
Make the Mallyx Mario Jump fields not stack their effects, like how the Thief SB 4 doesn’t stack its effect.
Change Well of Precognition to Block rather than Evade so skills like Signet of Might can go through it.
Take off 1/3rd of Echo of Memory and Deja Vu’s cast time so the invuln window isn’t as long.

Idk, seems straightforward

Nalhadia – Kaineng