Passive Play

Passive Play

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

I never see a lot of players complaining about it. Only a hand full here on the forums.
What’s your opinion about passive play? I get the feeling that Anet promotes it more with every balance patch.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

Passive Play

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Some degree of passive play is needed in a game where it’s so easy to foil somebody’s pressure by dodging well and rotating defensive abilities.

Technically, its not passive play that’s needed.. as that’s NEVER a good thing (so I agree with you) but there is a need for a small degree of GUARANTEED damage in this game. It unfortunately has a huge correlation with being very passive in it’s application.

No passive burn to gradually ensure the fight ends? Endless fights will be much less fun than AoE fire fields that cover the whole point, or Incendiary Powder, I assure.

Things that I think are just AIDS for the game: Turrets auto-attacking, passive CC fear procs. All other A.I that has auto-attacks goes here.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Passive Play

in PvP

Posted by: balmung.6217

balmung.6217

I never see a lot of players complaining about it. Only a hand full here on the forums.
What’s your opinion about passive play? I get the feeling that Anet promotes it more with every balance patch.

It’s was complained about alot here and one of the main reasons people left/the community is small.The sigil changes were nice but i would have rather they adjusted the skills on a class something like prioritize setting up burst/burst skills instead to promote active play and reaction time.As it stands now balance patches feel like bandaids and less about really fixing anything or opening up builds.

Passive Play

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

There are plenty of complains in one form or another (see threads about nightmare runes, IP, old dhumfire etc.) however i have a feeling Anet understanding of balanced is different from how we understand balance.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Passive Play

in PvP

Posted by: Elfindale.4836

Elfindale.4836

anet probably see balance in a much different way then we do, they do not really care about 1v1, cuz there suppose to be counter play between builds, if a build has no counter they call it alpha predator and Nerf it.
passive play style is probably ok as long as they can be properly countered by other builds, their damage largely depends on people attack them or stay in a small area to work. that is as long as they do not outshine active play style in a team setting, anet do not give a kitten about people getting stomped in HJ and soloq.
you have to blame Anet for making the combat system so fast paced which makes the learning of active play style a pain in the A for any beginner , how can you learn if you play a zerker spec that die in 2 sec if u paniced, for a sec? not to mention the combat log is notorious, they simply flood you with every ticks of condition damage. and the lack of time line that log entries by 0.01 sec adds more confusion to that, if the average casting time of each skill is from 0.25 to 0.75 sec, why the combat log showing entries by whole seconds?
Does Anet know this? ya they do, but since they are “small and efficient” company with a “tight schedule” they just don’t have the “time”
that’s why passive play style is an necessary evil.