Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: UptheIronz.6732

UptheIronz.6732

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I’m no expert when it comes to Guardians but I didn’t see a big nerf to their Bunker builds. Some smaller things, sure and there were some changes to Runes, but overall….not sure.

Thieves too didn’t see a nerf to Backstab as many were expecting. Instead they had Dancing Dagger nerfed as well as Cloak and Dagger.

I’m also not impressed with a lot of these “PvP only” changes. Having abilities function two different way is just surrendering really.

I mean we don’t have cutting edge PvE content, so I don’t see why balance there is so important. Just keep balancing around PvP and design everything around that concept.

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

UptheIronz.6732

out of all nerfs , mesmer got the biggest imo , now the profession will take a bit of skill to be played well

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

UptheIronz.6732

warrior still shinning lol , so they nerfed most of the burst and left warrior …. , gg Anet

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

It looks like complete kitten, but I won’t judge a book by its cover. We’ll see how I feel after trying it out for a few days.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: kagemitsu.3657

kagemitsu.3657

I’m kind of surprised they managed to nerf us Engineers even more.

That was unexpected.

(class stronger than mine) is OP. (my class) is underpowered. (classes I beat easily) are fine.

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

That was unexpected.

Yeah, it’s like everyone was crying about Thieves and ANet went and nerfed Engineers instead.

Lolwut?

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

UptheIronz.6732

actually it was i always believed engy are on the very strong side of the game , but im not sure about their decision with rangers , a well played ranger could be very hard to take down …., not with less burst from other classes , rangers and warrior still very much on the strong side

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: MasterDeere.3417

MasterDeere.3417

Bunker ele is still the only viable pvp choice and it got nerfed bad…..

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

kagemitsu.3657

Maybe Engineer is on the strong side of the game for you, but I’ve played it a lot and I find it very lacking in the damage department.

Going conditions isn’t very rewarding because you don’t have many ways to stack lots of bleeds on someone, and now my Grenadier build for when I’m going glass cannon will be even harder to play. Landing grenades isn’t easy, you know? :\

I understand the cooldown increase on Elixir R, but why nerf Elixir B? And why such insignificant changes to turret, which is the Engineer department that needs the most work?

I’m not QQing, just negatively surprised.

(class stronger than mine) is OP. (my class) is underpowered. (classes I beat easily) are fine.

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

I have one question…

Cluster Shot: This skill’s damage is reduced by 15% in PvP. = Cluster Bomb or an ability I just haven’t used yet?? Like with pistol or something… >.>

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

kagemitsu.3657

One last thing before I go sleep: Mesmers turning people into Tuna gave me a laugh, lol.

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: Sanis.1096

Sanis.1096

looking @ these changes…. anet simple dont give a kitten about pvp

-Apinamies-
-rank 41 guardian-
-Desolation EU-

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

UptheIronz.6732

not only engineer most of the classes got it hard , warriors aside

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

It really seems like they fixed the wrong Orb on the Guardian, people wanted the scepter Orb speed increased and we instead got the staff Orb speed fixed.

All in all my biggest issue is – they didn’t adjust the capping system at all.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

I think this was a really good patch. I’ve been complaining about Anet a lot, but this patch is exactly what it should have been. I know everyone wants to see balance issues addressed, but quite frankly, they couldn’t be.

Almost every class in the game was so massively bugged that trying to fix both the bugs and the balance in the same patch would have been disastrous and resulted in just as many problems as it fixed.

Now, this patch fixed a LOT of the bugs (although yes, there are plenty more), and we will start to see balance change naturally as a result. Give it a week or two and I guarantee there will be major shifts without Anet doing anything else. After that point, Anet will be able to see what truly is and isn’t overpowered and then balance accordingly.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

not only engineer most of the classes got it hard , warriors aside

Since I typically run turrets, I’m pretty happy with the patch.

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: Orangu.6257

Orangu.6257

Tuna morph was more important is the answer to all your spvp questions.

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: edamber.1549

edamber.1549

What is the /rank command excatly? Can you get rankings buy normal hot join 8v8 and 5v5 or is that only for paid tournaments?

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

Uhm where is stealth fix, or i just dont know how to read? Where is fix for free tournament play so you dont go against premade if custom team? MAybe haste/quickness or bunkers balance???

And i dont get the philosophy on makin PvP only changes. I am against seperating pvp and pve like that. Soon i will feel i play diferent char in pvp or wont know how to play it anymore.

all is vain

(edited by Emapudapus.1307)

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: IDICERI.4268

IDICERI.4268

Uhm where is stealth fix, or i just dont know how to read???

Read the Anet Post above about the Culling bug fix. Stealth got fixed. Your welcome.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
Einstein

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

Uhm where is stealth fix, or i just dont know how to read? Where is fix for free tournament play so you dont go against premade if custom team? MAybe haste/quickness or bunkers balance???

And i dont get the philosophy on makin PvP only changes. I am against seperating pvp and pve like that. Soon i will feel i play diferent char in pvp or wont know how to play it anymore.

They have always done this.
GW1 was the same way. many more skills in PVE did not work the same way or didnt work at all in PVP in GW1.

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: edamber.1549

edamber.1549

Nice with a 5v5 hotjoin, they actually do listen to feedback.

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: Division.9618

Division.9618

On the ranger side of things, this was very dissapointing.

We got a buff for our speargun which is the most useful weapon in the game, our greatsword got a slight damage boost but is still the most kitten weapon in our arsenal, and now our traps are bugged making the only viable ranger build useless.

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: theonewhoknocks.8641

theonewhoknocks.8641

out of all nerfs , mesmer got the biggest imo , now the profession will take a bit of skill to be played well

Well thank god, it’s horrifying walking up to the treb as a glass and be greeted with 2 trucks. Then again I bet it was horrifying for mesmers to lose their treb to 1 meteor shower and then some, so I guess it’s fair game. Or maybe not cause they repair it quite quickly with portal. Will the cd increase affect that?

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggy.7319

Ziggy.7319

Disappointed.

-No Dueling.
-Thieves still at large. there was a sizeable CnD nerf, but nothing to mug or backstab or pistol whip.
-Warriors still at large, no nerfs (besides dual shot), very surprising.
-Mesmer portal nerf should’ve been PvP only like they did for some other skills.
-Engineers will still and forever be a gimmicky clunky class that will never be competitive.

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

what is the opinion of some guardian-engi players about the patch note?

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

Disappointed.

-No Dueling.
-Thieves still at large. there was a sizeable CnD nerf, but nothing to mug or backstab or pistol whip.
-Mesmer portal nerf should’ve been PvP only like they did for some other skills.
-Engineers will still and forever be a gimmicky clunky class that will never be competitive.

Pistol whip was already nerfed by 15%… do people just want thieves to be completely useless and their class to be the only good one? All this nerfing is depressing and the hundreds of hours I put into my account is starting to feel like it was all for nothing.

CD

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

It really seems like they fixed the wrong Orb on the Guardian, people wanted the scepter Orb speed increased and we instead got the staff Orb speed fixed.

sshh my staff guard loves his faster orb.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: DaliIndica.9041

DaliIndica.9041

Guardian I dont play so nothing on that…

Engie, in PVP regards little has changed in any meaningful way. We are still weak in the damage area, or have to go turbo glass nuke and use only nades. Meh, I think its the best they can do. Fix the bugs and see how balance is then.

If they balance it now, then fix bugs and it ends up being worse, that would be awful.

Ranger is looking better though, maybe on par with an engie now.

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: sami.3801

sami.3801

Engi patch notes are really sad. Flamethrower still bugged, rifle 3 and 5 buggy. Toolbelt recharging time still bugged. No sigils on kits, elixirs nerfed, smoke bomb nerfed. Some underwater fixes (who cares about underwater combat).

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: kalakoji.4951

kalakoji.4951

No /rank in PvE? What’s the point of PvP.

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

aydenunited.5729

Those are my two mains, and I don’t feel like either were affected in any strong way. Grenade Engineers might want to consider some of the other high-damage builds out there, though, in response.

I think other professions were brought down enough to even it out overall, and turret bunker engineers actually got a good buff overall.

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

Those are my two mains, and I don’t feel like either were affected in any strong way. Grenade Engineers might want to consider some of the other high-damage builds out there, though, in response.

I think other professions were brought down enough to even it out overall, and turret bunker engineers actually got a good buff overall.

Do you think rangers were evened out overall? And do you think the elementalist nerfs were viable?

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

sshh my staff guard loves his faster orb.

I actully just tried it out and it is indeed really good, kinda hard to time the heal at short ranges BUT the speed boost is great – no way will people run away from it (it’s so fast!).

So i’ll change what i said, keep the staff orb as it is AND make the scepter orb the same speed .

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: Moebiuzz.9057

Moebiuzz.9057

They worsened it.

Have you seen the daily pvp achievements implemented? You need to end up in the first place.

WHY IS LOSING MORE REWARDED THAN WINNING?

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

aydenunited.5729

Do you think rangers were evened out overall? And do you think the elementalist nerfs were viable?

I think Rangers look closer to where they should be, Eles I can’t say, I never play caster-type classes and I know nothing about them. Overall I think Anet once again nudged things in the right direction without over-reaching. Not sure why Engi Grenades were nerfed damage wise, but they were also made faster, so it’s kind of a trade-off.

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

Gotta disagree with you on the rangers. They are less than useless in tPVP compared to other burst and bunker classes.

I definitly think Anet overreached on the nerfs with the elementalist. One of our weapon sets is crippled to the brink of not viable and our might stacking, which many eles rely on for damage has been destroyed :P

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: denyitbattle.2609

denyitbattle.2609

I don’t think people yet realize how big of an effect these changes will have on mesmer.

Imagine if an enemy dodging, or blocking, or anything really can actually take away your weapon. I agree with line of sight and range mattering (and actually thought it was a bug that it didn’t), but actually landing the “attack” seems a bit ridiculous… It also doesn’t make sense; what am I “hitting” them with so that i can simply summon an illusion?

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

I don’t think people yet realize how big of an effect these changes will have on mesmer.

Imagine if an enemy dodging, or blocking, or anything really can actually take away your weapon. I agree with line of sight and range mattering (and actually thought it was a bug that it didn’t), but actually landing the “attack” seems a bit ridiculous… It also doesn’t make sense; what am I “hitting” them with so that i can simply summon an illusion?

you are hitting them with the “soul of your phantasm”.

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

I wish Warriors got some bug fixes, but overall I think this patch is a step in the right direction.

Sneaking in loading bug again is not cool tho

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Because Illusions are your weapon skills, it’s just a visual for it.

A Fancy DoT. They aren’t pets.

If you dodge or use line of sight to avoid my abilities on another Profession I miss and they go on full cooldown, why shouldn’t yours too?

Mesmer being able to summon a hoard of illusions that fire instantly together + weilding normal weapons gave a crazy ability to still lay damage on someone that successfully avoided your initial summons but then punished them for running out of endurance, coming out of stealth, emerging from behind a wall or whatever.

It wasn’t cool that you could be approached on a point by someone that avoided all incoming ranged damage on the way by playing well but it all remained in play ready for them to come out and attack, too much of a front loaded damage advantage.

Now like the rest of us you actually have to consider when to use abilities and to watch the enemy instead of just spamming the Illusion skill on each weapon and letting the AI do it all regardless of what evasive measures your opponent has taken to avoid your first hits.

(edited by Ezrael.6859)

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: Psikerlord.2569

Psikerlord.2569

Agree good change on mesmer summons, gives target more of a fighting chance

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: CurdledGorilla.1794

CurdledGorilla.1794

That was unexpected.

I was surprised to see that as well. In my informal who gets the number one position most of the time analysis, they were middle of the pack. I wonder what went into that decision?

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: CurdledGorilla.1794

CurdledGorilla.1794

Disappointed.

-No Dueling.

The thief nerf was actually very sizable. The combo, cloak and dagger, mug, backstab has had its damage reduced dramatically as well as cluster bomb on the short bow. I predict you will see thieves as the number one player much less after this patch.

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: Animosity.5231

Animosity.5231

Lots of pain for my Ele. Boon duration nerf, no more blast finishers on Evasive Arcana. Lose out on 6 might stacks per cycle, and those stacks are the only decent way to get damage as an Ele without going straight glass with % damage traits. Probably the hardest nerf for my build.

I can understand it, though. Dueled 7 people in a row, draw vs. an Ele, and the only two people who downed me at all were a Thief and a Necro. Went 2/3 vs. Thief (backstab) and 4/6 against the Necro (condition). Everyone else I went 3/3 against. Eles will likely still be just as strong – or even stronger – as they were before with the bug fixes. Testing will need to be done.

Shame at the boon duration nerfs. Still think it’s one of the better options, though. Won’t know until testing.

Tornado nerf was utterly unnecessary, however. The only reason I ever swapped to it was for the Stability vs. Engis and Guardians. Completely, absolutely, utterly garbage skill now. Which is saying a lot, because it was horrendous before.

(edited by Animosity.5231)

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: Candiru.5279

Candiru.5279

Overall I´m very disappointed…if I think about engi and thief changes

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

until there is match making and separation of pugs/premades in tournies im stickign to pve. have fun.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: Division.9618

Division.9618

until there is match making and separation of pugs/premades in tournies im stickign to pve. have fun.

They added 5v5 mode to sPVP so there’s that.

Patch Notes Discuss Guys

in PvP

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

5v5 pug hotjoin

class balance changes that make sense

Thieves are not dominant in tournament play, the big issues in tourney play have been:

- bunker ele/guardian/engi: they tweaked these in the patch notes in various ways, let’s see how it works in practice

- mesmer: same, too dominant in tourneys; instead of removing portal, they are just dropping the dps / ease of dps of phantasms

- necros and rangers have needed boosts and got minor boosts, some would say not enough for ranger, but small steps

- thief warrior: are fine in tournament play, not even that good, thief clusterbombing was a bit much in wvw, so they reduced that

Overall, this is very encouraging:

Anet are not listening to pug whiners about thieves and 100b warriors. They are tweaking the actual issues with skilled PVP comps and doing so in piecemeal steps rather than big sweeping changes.