Patch Preview

Patch Preview

in PvP

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/features/editorials/sky-pirates-tyria-traits-preview-part-one

A link to the changes for traits tomorrow. Let’s discuss these in terms of how ot will affect pvp.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Patch Preview

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Compared to leaked notes, that’s not much…

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

Patch Preview

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Compared to leaked notes, that’s not much…

The leaked notes included skill changes, the traits match up pretty well to what was leaked for the traits.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

Patch Preview

in PvP

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

it looks like all GW2Hub did was reformat the leaked notes and take out any non-trait-specific information.

There is no notice of confirmation from Anet, not a single dev word about them.

Proper gaming journalism sites like Massively and 1UP haven’t committed to these notes either.

I doubt they are real.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

Patch Preview

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

it looks like all GW2Hub did was reformat the leaked notes and take out any non-trait-specific information.

There is no notice of confirmation from Anet, not a single dev word about them.

Proper gaming journalism sites like Massively and 1UP haven’t committed to these notes either.

I doubt they are real.

Silence from Anet implies quite the opposite. Its easier to ignore a leak that is true then to deny it and then look stupid when its released and found to be true. There is no way they would confirm the leak before incase things change in anyway from the leak, as people would then jump on them that the information they released doesnt match the patch notes.

Instead we are likely to see changes extremely similar to the leaked notes which slight number changes since the notes were probably an earlier revision of changes then the ones being released.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

Patch Preview

in PvP

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Well, it is written there that those are unofficial patch notes and that things may change in the live game. I would take them with a grain of salt.

Patch Preview

in PvP

nakoda.4213

There is no way they would say anything about anything other than on patch day, when they release the notes.

Anet is under no obligation to clarify anything because it wasn’t posted by them. There is no link between Anet and those notes, so they have nothing to deny.

This is what it means to have the right to remain silent.

Patch Preview

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

There is no way they would say anything about anything other than on patch day, when they release the notes.

Anet is under no obligation to clarify anything because it wasn’t posted by them. There is no link between Anet and those notes, so they have nothing to deny.

This is what it means to have the right to remain silent.

Lol, the right to remain silent does not mean that the public doesnt get to judge and make an opinion. When people came out saying the pricing of arenas would be X amount we heard Anet come out and say no, the information is wrong. When the new PvP map was data mined what did Anet do, they came out and confirmed its existence but gave no details because it may change.

Now in this case, skills were leaked. They have set a pretty good precedent of coming out and straight denying false information. Yet they remain silent. Its very easy for a company to come out and deny something false when the patch is going to come out and justify their claim. So when a company regularly denies things that are false stays silent, a flag should be going up.

Now they arent going to come out and confirm that the leak is true. Why? Because if even 1 stat changes people will be out here complaining that they confirmed something and it didnt turn out to be true. But they confirmed the new map, you say. They confirmed it exists, no details beyond that. What will they do here, confirm the patch is coming? We already know that.

Based on all the information we have at hand, and the precedents Anet has set, the conclusion seems to be pointing to the leaked information is far closer to correct then to false.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

(edited by Parisalchuk.9230)

Patch Preview

in PvP

nakoda.4213

/facepalm

Patch Preview

in PvP

Posted by: Sad Rabbit.9174

Sad Rabbit.9174

I doubt they are real.

Look closer? There are changes here that were not in the leaked notes.

Patch Preview

in PvP

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

I doubt they are real.

Is it the fact that they are showing previews of the new gemshop armor and temp content that threw you off or is it the interview with Ree?

I’m genuinely interested in why you’re trying to deny it with all your might. Pretending it doesn’t exist wont make it go away.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Patch Preview

in PvP

nakoda.4213

I doubt they are real.

Look closer? There are changes here that were not in the leaked notes.

Line one: “Domination, no changes”

Did Anet not specifically state that every trait line would be seeing between one and five changes? I have to dig for the quote.

Patch Preview

in PvP

nakoda.4213

I am not denying anything. I doubt they are real. Anet’s silence doesn’t prove anything, nor does a fansite posting an edited version of them mean anything.

The only confirmation we will have is when Anet says something.

The changes seriously buff my spec, I’d personally like them to be real, but I can’t see it.

There are wording inconsistencies in how previous patch notes have been issued, there are changes that make no sense.

One example: moving BOTH grandmaster traits to master traits in the engie Firearms tree is … lulwhat OP.

But I would certainly take a free 10 extra trait points for doing what I already do. I can’t see it happening though.

why are you fighting with all your might to think them true?

(edited by nakoda.4213)

Patch Preview

in PvP

Posted by: Sad Rabbit.9174

Sad Rabbit.9174

Line one: “Domination, no changes”

Did Anet not specifically state that every trait line would be seeing between one and five changes? I have to dig for the quote.

Yes, anet did say all trait lines would see changes. When I said that there are changes in these notes that were not in the leaked notes I meant there were new items. For example:

Adept Trait “Terror” has been moved up to Master Trait.

There was no mention of this in the leak. So either gw2hub invented new items or they got them from another source. It’s not a simple reformat/edit of the leak.

Patch Preview

in PvP

nakoda.4213

Yes, and that same line about Domination is a change from the reddit leak as well.

That still doesn’t make these true, or even from Anet themselves, because if they were, the article would begin with an introduction like “Blah blah blah from Anet sent us this exciting preview of yadda yadda!” because that is how the press works. Citations. Credentials.

Patch Preview

in PvP

Manuhell.2759

One example: moving BOTH grandmaster traits to master traits in the engie Firearms tree is … lulwhat OP.

Actually, no. Any trait that gives piercing, beside that one, is at most a master trait and also give other benefits – either working on multiple weapons or reducing recharge.
Regarding Juggernaut, it had a different effect when they created it and thus they gave it a grandmaster slot; The current effect could be compared with warriors’ Forceful Greatsword…that is a master trait.

Patch Preview

in PvP

nakoda.4213

Actually, no. Any trait that gives piercing, beside that one, is at most a master trait and also give other benefits – either working on multiple weapons or reducing recharge.
Regarding Juggernaut, it had a different effect when they created it and thus they gave it a grandmaster slot; The current effect could be compared with warriors’ Forceful Greatsword…that is a master trait.

no.

the point isn’t what level the trait is on, it is what you get for the point cost.

20 trait points for a permanent 180 power, 200 toughness, 200 precision, and 380 condition damage is a lot, especially from sPVP standards.

as for forceful greatsword, it doesn’t have the toughness. it is not in the same league as unconditional 200 toughess, 180 power, 180 condition damage.

Patch Preview

in PvP

Manuhell.2759

no.

the point isn’t what level the trait is on, it is what you get for the point cost.

20 trait points for a permanent 180 power, 200 toughness, 200 precision, and 380 condition damage is a lot, especially from sPVP standards.

as for forceful greatsword, it doesn’t have the toughness. it is not in the same league as unconditional 200 toughess, 180 power, 180 condition damage.

Regarding Coated Bullet, you get 2 skills with piercing attack – the autoattack and a skill terrible to aim.
Regarding Juggernaut, first at all, it strictly requires the user to stay in the flamethrower kit, either for building up stacks of might or for the toughness bonus. That means you’ll have to stay on it most of the time just to maintain those might stacks and when you aren’t doing that, you also lose part of the bonuses.
And being boons, they can be stolen or removed.
This is true for Forceful Greatsword as well, but the greatsword is a main weapon; they don’t rely as much as engineers on swapping weapons. Also, while they don’t get extra toughness, they get a 20% reduction on recharge – something we can get as well, but spending another trait. They also have heavy armor and the highest tier of hp though, unlike us – so the extra toughness can be seen as a way to make it easier to stay in near-melee range. Cause if we’ve got to stay in the flamethrower kit, we’ll have to fight in that range.
Juggernaut made sense as a grandmaster with the old effect. Now it would be fine as a master trait.

(edited by Manuhell.2759)

Patch Preview

in PvP

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

I guess these guys were playing Fake Preview with Fake Screenshots, right, nakoda?

All is vain.

Patch Preview

in PvP

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

its not unconditional might, and including the trait point attributes is a bit silly. Thats like saying grenadier is op because the trait also gives you 300 power and 30% condition duration. Or adrenal implant that gives you 50% faster endurance regen, 30% faster toolbelt recharge and 30% extra critical damage!

“Malicious sorcery will give 200 condition damage, 200 vitality, 200 healing power and 20% faster recharging scepter skills, but wait if i place it into the grandmaster slot it gives even more vitality and healing power! And i can go full into illusion too for even more condition damage! All from a single trait”

“Obsidian focus: 480 toughness and 100 condition damage for 10 points ehrmegerd!”

As for coated bullets, comming from an ex coated bullets engi, its not that special really. It only works with 2 attacks, and the only one especially benefitting from it is the auto which in general is horrible. So it makes the auto go from horrible to decent? Pistols auto was nerfed because it was ridiclous pre launch with coated. And even with the trait it only really benefits power based pistol builds since the aoe scaling (which is the reason it is used) does not benefit much with condition damage. And how many people are running power based pistol builds? I will admit i was a bit surprised to see this, but its not going to ruin the meta to any greater extent.

Oh my how are we going to deal with perma flamethrower engis (oh look i got a light field) and NON-hgh-nades engis! How are the mesmer with perma retaliation on their clones and phantasms and the lightfield blasting guardian bunkers going to deal with this? And think of the poor thief who will have to wait every 6 seconds to steal might from your flamethrower!

If there’s going to be balance problems with engineers after the patch im not seing it in that change, no matter how odd it is. Frankly i thought firearms was decent, while inventions on the other hand got pretty shafted.

Patch Preview

in PvP

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

I really hope these are not what we are getting, because i’m extremely disappointed with the Warrior changes. Removing “Embrace the Pain”. I don’t understand this, this trait is actually not bad. Revamp to “Vigorous Return”, and guess what? IT’S STILL BAD! Why would anyone pick up a trait that relies on you having to be downed and then rallied? The answer is THEY WOULDN’T!!! Replace this crap trait instead of “Embrace the Pain”.
Removed

Burning Arrows: This trait now reduces the recharge of longbow abilities by 20% in addition to dealing 10% bonus damage against burning foes. – This was the best change on the list, and it’s gone.

Distracting Strikes: This trait now applies 4 stacks of confusion for 8 seconds upon interrupting an enemy. Turns a bad trait into a good one, but according to the updated list, this is gone. Very sad.

This list better be fake, because the Burning Arrows change was sexual.

Patch Preview

in PvP

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

Well these are practically the same things said in the leaked ones, if these are true well im very dissapointed, maybe ill leave the game if these things dont satisfy my tastes.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

Patch Preview

in PvP

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

Wildstar is at the most only 6 months away. There is still hope for PvP!

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

Patch Preview

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

That illusion of celerity change is really interesting to me.

The great forum duppy.

Patch Preview

in PvP

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

The thing that grinds my gears the most of this patch preview is the moving of Terror to Master for necromancer’s curses trait line.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

Patch Preview

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

The leaked notes were most likely from an internal build. Developers often try out some things during internal builds that don’t make the final cut either because they’re not useful or too powerful.

Also, without weapon and skill changes, it’s hard to get the full picture.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Patch Preview

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Wildstar is at the most only 6 months away. There is still hope for PvP!

I do have high hopes for Wildstar, as well as ESO and Blade and Soul.

Patch Preview

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

RIP Phantasm mes

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Patch Preview

in PvP

Posted by: Yujin.1785

Yujin.1785

Guess all those who were doubting were wrong.

Patch Preview

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

I do have high hopes for Wildstar, as well as ESO and Blade and Soul.

You may actually want to look at the games before getting your hopes up…

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate